What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it bad I'm not at all interested in Bohemian Rhapsody? (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
I know theres a thread for the movie already but figured this deserved its own thread. I have zero interest in the film. Not a big Queen fan either and I think the Title song wise has been one of the most overplayed songs on the radio ever. I tried getting into Queen a few yrs ago and just couldn't. I respect the talent of Freddie Mercury and who he was as a person but it seems Queen should've stopped when Freddie Died like stopped all together. Most of the songs I like are the typical Arena rock songs played in nuance in sports movies "We will Rock You" and "We are The Champions". I iiked Under Pressure as well and I enjoyed the KISS version of Fat Bottom Girls more then the Original. Maybe I'm not old enough to know why these guys were so good and popular but I really don't get it. Seems like Freddie made the band and without him they are an avg at best act. Having Lambert for tours IMHO is quite insulting to Freddie as well. I watched a bootlegged version with a buddy of the movie (an old work managers uncle makes bootlegged movies and gave his former workers a few copies) because I told my buddy I'd see it because it was free and no paying. I didn't last 30 mins through this film before being bored to death and already noticing some very bad historical inaccuracy. So after that I read a synopsis of the film and disappointed they didn't mention or go in depth on the Mercury David Bowie relationship at all. I knew May and Company wanted to hide some bad stuff about the band and mercury but to leave that out is wrong. 

Am I the only one who doesn't see the whole fuss about this movie? I think the diehards are overrating the movie big time but the critics seem too harsh on the film. 

Why would it be bad? Millions upon millions of people have no interest in this movie, including me. No big deal.

Because I feel the overall thread its gonna be lost with all the how good it is posts and some of the people who aren't interested may not respond to this in the actual thread. 
Dude, the original thread had

• People not interested
  • People who hated the movie
Not that I care about taking out threads, but there seems like there's something more here.  

I just really hope this doesn't start a bunch of music movies now. We don't need a freakin Who biopic, The Doors biopic, Grateful Dead biopic, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye.

I mean, I guess they'd all be better than the oversaturation of superhero movies we have at least.

I just really hope this doesn't start a bunch of music movies now. We don't need a freakin Who biopic, The Doors biopic, Grateful Dead biopic, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye.

I mean, I guess they'd all be better than the oversaturation of superhero movies we have at least.
Surely NWA, Johnny cash, Eminem, Ray Charles, Dolly Parton, and spinal tap all deserve a movie.

Oh wait...

Why would it be bad? Millions upon millions of people have no interest in this movie, including me. No big deal.
Just based on a lot of my friends and then I belong to a few music genre thread pages. 2 of them closed groups you need to be accepted too. I literally got blasted in both of them for talking negatively about the movie. Saying I paid too much attention to the critics. Maybe I never realized I had so many Queen fans around me. 

I agree like I said in the original thread I'm more excited for The Dirt movie on Motley Crue that has been rumored for ages and finally being made. The awesome part about the movie is no long lines at the theatre since it's coming to Netflix. Only because the oringally production company lost out on the rights or their rights to make it had expired and Netflix bought them. The Queen film seems like a complete cash grab and lets stroke our Egos for May and Company while completely disregarding some important things in Queens history about the movie. I don't care if we are doing biopics or historical movies as long as history is as accurately portrayed in them and the person acting as the famous person at least makes sense. This movie seems to have a lot of event errors and combing over some pretty important pieces to the history that may make people think different of the band. 

Is it bad I'm not at all interested in Bumblebee?
No not at all. I'm a huge transformers fan and even when the last movie came out I was like not again. I mean I'll see Bumblebee because the backstory there is very interesting but I'm not jumping up and down and saying take my $$$$ to see it. 

Is this a movie?  I am familiar with the song. 
Not sure if Sarcasm or not but it's a biopic based on you guest it the band Queen who wrote the Song and Freddie Mercury. Only issues is the movie is full of even and historical inaccuracy's and the members still alive who were part of the project completely sugar coat events or leave things out that should be in there to stroke their own egos. 

I was looking forward to it when i first heard about it but they've been marketing it so hard i'm back to meh. 
I may have actually seen it if this hadn't happened. Even watching Good Morning Football the week of Jaguars/Eagles in London GMF was going hard on this

And me as well.  I like a few Queen songs but have no desire to learn about a band that I don't like much.  But, I hope Queen fans enjoy the movie.  

DJackson10 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't see the whole fuss about this movie? I think the diehards are overrating the movie big time but the critics seem too harsh on the film. 
I'm guessing you're not of the target demographic - people 40+ years old who grew up on Album Oriented Rock (AOR). The kinds of people who went to the World Series of Rock  back in the day.

DJackson10 said:
I know theres a thread for the movie already but figured this deserved its own thread.

I have zero interest in the film.

Not a big Queen fan either and I think the Title song wise has been one of the most overplayed songs on the radio ever.

I tried getting into Queen a few yrs ago and just couldn't.
You could've stopped with just these 4 sentences and just placed them in the other thread.  You don't like Queen and you have no interest in the film.  Others do and do.  Enough said. 

ShamrockPride said:

There's already been a Doors biopic.

DJackson10 said:
I agree like I said in the original thread I'm more excited for The Dirt movie on Motley Crue that has been rumored for ages and finally being made. The awesome part about the movie is no long lines at the theatre since it's coming to Netflix. Only because the oringally production company lost out on the rights or their rights to make it had expired and Netflix bought them. The Queen film seems like a complete cash grab and lets stroke our Egos for May and Company while completely disregarding some important things in Queens history about the movie. I don't care if we are doing biopics or historical movies as long as history is as accurately portrayed in them and the person acting as the famous person at least makes sense. This movie seems to have a lot of event errors and combing over some pretty important pieces to the history that may make people think different of the band. 
So you don't like or care about Queen but you're upset that this movie about Queen isn't historically accurate and/or leaves out things about Queen?

DJackson10 said:
I know theres a thread for the movie already but figured this deserved its own thread.

I have zero interest in the film.

Not a big Queen fan either and I think the Title song wise has been one of the most overplayed songs on the radio ever.

I tried getting into Queen a few yrs ago and just couldn't.
You could've stopped with just these 4 sentences and just placed them in the other thread.  You don't like Queen and you have no interest in the film.  Others do and do.  Enough said. 
He could have stopped with that in this thread, too, and it would have more accurately fit the title.  As it is, it sounds like he spends a significant amount of time thinking about and acting on something he's not at all interested in.

ShamrockPride said:

There was a preview of some Elton John movie played while we were waiting for this flick to start. Coming out next spring.

DJackson10 said:
No not at all. I'm a huge transformers fan and even when the last movie came out I was like not again. I mean I'll see Bumblebee because the backstory there is very interesting but I'm not jumping up and down and saying take my $$$$ to see it. 
Wasn’t Bumblebee’s backstory already covered in one of the other 27 Transformer movies?

So you don't like or care about Queen but you're upset that this movie about Queen isn't historically accurate and/or leaves out things about Queen?
I don't like the movie but I'm someone if you make a movie on historical events it better be dam accurate or close to the original. I also respect Freddie despite not liking the band and its a slap in the face not including certain parts especially the whole David Bowie thing and how "Under Pressure" really came about. 

Wasn’t Bumblebee’s backstory already covered in one of the other 27 Transformer movies?
Not to the extent this is. The first Transformers film kind of follows him finding Shia LaBlau (SP) character who is trying to hook up with Megan Foxx's character in the movie. Her character grew up working on cars with her. That's literally the only backstory we kind of got. From what I remember that was only part of the story of Bumblebee and he was one of the first of the new Predacons to go to earth from Cybertron Before Optimus and all came. 

I don't like the movie but I'm someone if you make a movie on historical events it better be dam accurate or close to the original. I also respect Freddie despite not liking the band and its a slap in the face not including certain parts especially the whole David Bowie thing and how "Under Pressure" really came about. 
It was pretty much Brian May and Roger Taylor writing th script. I can't really think of who else could tell the story except Freddy himself.

The movie was basically a love letter to Freddie Mercury - there was no slap in the face. You can’t cover everything in a 2:30 movie.

people also complained that it was PG-13 and a Mercury movie has to be at least R rated. Did we need to be hit over the head with gay sex and drug usage - they surely showed he lead a decadent life and addressed those things.

I don’t see any problem with anyone not liking Queen, or not liking the movie, but the entire premise of your thread makes no sense. 

The movie was basically a love letter to Freddie Mercury - there was no slap in the face. You can’t cover everything in a 2:30 movie.

people also complained that it was PG-13 and a Mercury movie has to be at least R rated. Did we need to be hit over the head with gay sex and drug usage - they surely showed he lead a decadent life and addressed those things.

I don’t see any problem with anyone not liking Queen, or not liking the movie, but the entire premise of your thread makes no sense. 
Agree with the pg13. They showed enough to get the point across. If they went full on R rated gay sex, there goes 90% of the audience.

I don’t like Grape Nuts.  Think it deserves its own thread, but I’ll just post it here.  Oh, also no interest Kincade paintings.  I know he did it for lots of people, but never me.  
As iconic as Warhols soup cans were, Kincade painting bowls of grape nuts might have been even bigger. 

Never said they needed to show it. Just that the Relationship Bowie and Mercury had was pretty prevalent and they apparently failed to show that. However May said he wanted to be a movie he could appropriately show their grandkids which means sugar coating the truths or fabricating them. 

The real story of how Under Pressure was made

Users who are viewing this thread