What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Song Draft - Alphabet thievery afoot - Thievery abounds, XTC and Queen popular. Starting Round 25. Chaos coming (1 Viewer)

If I can't use this one, I'll have to scratch a Z choice because I can't think of another one. Sorry, I missed your pick.

If I hadn't been able to steal ZZ Top or The Zombies, I had a backup plan of OH favorite Zeni Geva. @Pip's Invitation , sure, they sound like shouty homeless guys, but Japanese shouty homeless guys.
Not big on lyrics are they?
My nephews have a band called Tides Of Kharon. They are classified as melodic death metal. I can't get past the screaming lead singer. So, I'm the old, out of touch Uncle.

Thanks for doing that Northern Exposure. Much appreciated.
I was gonna do a reserve list, but my focus is elsewhere lol.
Suzi Quatro was going to be my Q, but more likely one of the earlier Glam songs that were huge in the UK and Australia. Either that or Quantum Jump and Lone Ranger. Plenty of choice actually at Q.

Last one. More Canadian content here! Some of these letters were a real challenge.
U- USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker)- Yo Hello Hooray (Everyday)

Great band name. They are Canadian, but the band broke up.

V - The Vapors - Turning Japanese

Loved this song when it first came out. Rediscovered it when I found it in a bunch of lps I bought at a Garage Sale.

W- Donovan Woods - Great Escape

Why yes, he is Canadian. Great storyteller.

X - X Ambassadors - Renegades

X was a tough one. Had to land on this song. Probably best known from a Jeep commercial.

Y - Dwight Yoakam - A Thousand Miles From Nowhere

Apparently Country is frowned upon in these drafts. I'm not a big Country fan,but I won't apologize for liking Mr. Yoakam (and a few others). It was difficult for me to narrow it down to just one song.

Z- Zedd, Maren Morris, Grey - The Middle

Another really tough letter. I think I did it though.
I took Zedd, but I’m not sure if this is different due to the features/co-artists
If I can't use this one, I'll have to scratch a Z choice because I can't think of another one. Sorry, I missed your pick.
Doh! I just realized I missed an obvious Z pick. Zamfir = Master of the pan flute!
I experienced the childhood trauma of TV commercials for his albums (also people named Boxcar Willie and Slim Whitman).
And kids think they have it tough these days!

Users who are viewing this thread