What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Grooves - Collaborative Playlists - Playlists completed (1 Viewer)

Don sniped me on both my songs this morning. I had to hit delete twice. :tinfoilhat:
Sorry about that. :lol: I suppose should have known you’d be looking at the Townes too.
Ya snooze ya lose. The song "America" by Neil will always remind me of my family going to a resort in Florida in the early 80s. My parents did Amway for a few years as a side hustle in the late 70s/early 80s, and some time during the early 80s they packed up the family to go to an Amway Convention. I was running around with my siblings and some other kids (teens), and we peeked into a big convention room one night, and we saw all of the adults dancing and singing to America by Neil Diamond. It was really loud. I remember the motivational speaker Zig Zigler was speaking that night, and I guess he was in there too blowing the roof off the place. OMG, I just remembered that they cheered on my dad to shave off his mustache. They talked about how you can't trust salespeople with staches, and for those with a mustache to come up and shave it off, and my dad did! It was like some type of baptism. It was an Amtism.

2 4 7/14

Toots & The Maytals - "We Shall Overcome"

One of those covers like Otis Redding's "Satisfaction" where the singer simply ignores the written lyrics

Aimee Mann - "4th of July"

I strongly considered choosing Ms. Mann as my artist for the MAD 3 countdown but moved on from that idea which makes this personal favorite fair game.

Rain x2

It's Gonna Rain by Violent Femmes

It's Coming Down by Cake

My favorites from this week in music:

Driver 8 - REM
American Girl - Tom Petty
Saturday in the Park - Chicago
Vacation - The GoGos
The Beatles - Two of Us
Miserlou - Richard Dale
Blue Sky - Allman Brothers
Cannonball - The Breeders
Good Vibrations - Beach Boys
Travis - Why Does It Always Rain on Me?
Jessica - Allman Brothers
Summertime Madness - Kool and the Gang
Sunstroke - La Luz
Breezin' - George Benson
Cruel Summer -:Bananarama
Don Henley - Boys Of Summer
Summer Breeze - 🦭 🦭 and Crofts
The Chantays - Pipeline
The Ventures - Walk Don't Run

Last edited:
My two worst categories - neither really fits on my summer lists, so I don't have much here.

Rain:
Crystal Castles / Robert Smith - Not In Love

King Tuff - Raindrop Blue

I wanted to include Star Slinger - Mornin' as an instrumental, but it doesn't quite fit the definition - uses words as instruments.

Doubling up on the Sun

Taking stock of things, it looks like (after today) four categories that have not done a second pass of yet: Beach/surfing/tiki, “Summer” in the title, country, and soulful/funk. I’m thinking will get the second pass of those Monday and Tuesday, and then close it up. But if there’s a great deal of interest in a third pass of some selected categories, let me know.

Beach/surfing/tiki:
Midnight on the Bay -- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
This is a) one of Neil's rare forays into yacht rock and b) a glimpse of what could have happened if not for cocaine and egos. Young and Stills started recording an album in Miami and then invited Crosby and Nash. This was one of the tracks they added their vocals to. Then Crosby-Nash left to complete their own album (and for the unprolific Crosby to come up with material for the CSNY project) and Stills-Young decided to wipe their vocals and revert to the duo album. The quartet version of this song finally surfaced in 2020 on Neil's Archives Vol. II.
Songs with "summer" in the title:
Long Hot Summer -- The Style Council

Users who are viewing this thread