What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (2 Viewers)

We have a few endgame options
  1. Keep rolling until next Friday
  2. Keep rolling until Swinging comes up
  3. Force Monday to be a Swinging day
  4. Stop now and be eternally swingless
In the case of either 2 or 3, we could follow with an any playlist day if there's interest
If taking votes, I’d vote for Swinging day for Monday. I’d be okay with ending things there. Feels like picks have slowed a bit the past few days.
works for me

I don't have a category for it, so I'll just throw out my favorite Christmas pop song, Make it to Christmas by Alessia Cara:

Like the pop. I would not oppose a pop category included along with swinging for Monday. Currently listening to Sia’s Christmas album, but I was just thinking never really found a place for any of these to fit.

Swinging

’Zat You, Santa Claus? - Louis Armstrong and The Commanders

Pop

Snowman - Sia

I have to thank Ilov80s for doing Sufjan in the MAD thread. I would not have known about his Christams album otherwise. Same to Eephus for the Low song. Happy Holidays to my brothers and sisters from the music threads, threads that give year-round.

eta* Yeah, I've had the Sufjan album on for the past forty minutes or so. It's so good. I could probably pick from it for all the categories except for overplayed and bad.
I am glad someone enjoyed it. It hasn't semed to have resonated with the crowd like Big Thief did. I know KP really enjoyed discovering it and now see you at least picked up on the Christmas album...which I am also listening to this morning and loving it as always. One of the best IMO.

I have to thank Ilov80s for doing Sufjan in the MAD thread. I would not have known about his Christams album otherwise. Same to Eephus for the Low song. Happy Holidays to my brothers and sisters from the music threads, threads that give year-round.

eta* Yeah, I've had the Sufjan album on for the past forty minutes or so. It's so good. I could probably pick from it for all the categories except for overplayed and bad.
I am glad someone enjoyed it. It hasn't semed to have resonated with the crowd like Big Thief did. I know KP really enjoyed discovering it and now see you at least picked up on the Christmas album...which I am also listening to this morning and loving it as always. One of the best IMO.
My work schedule and competing leisure-time interests were a lot this fall and I wasn't able to keep up with the MAD 2 playlists after #26. But I plan to listen to as many of the MAD 2 artist playlists as I can after MAD 2 is done, and Sufjan is one that I definitely want to check out.

My work schedule and competing leisure-time interests were a lot this fall and I wasn't able to keep up with the MAD 2 playlists after #26. But I plan to listen to as many of the MAD 2 artist playlists as I can after MAD 2 is done, and Sufjan is one that I definitely want to check out.
Yeah I’m not mad about it (lol). I haven’t been listening to the playlists. The musical whiplash of it doesn’t work for me. But I will listen to some of the specific artist playlists once those are released.

Yeah I’m not mad about it (lol). I haven’t been listening to the playlists.

I haven't either. That's why I didn't submit a list. I couldn't do forty songs from artists I was lukewarm about. Sharing and writing was fine—in fact, I wanted to do that—but I felt guilty not planning on listening but submitting a list anyway.

But Sufjan is awesome. I also like that Christmas album.

Yeah I’m not mad about it (lol). I haven’t been listening to the playlists.

I haven't either. That's why I didn't submit a list. I couldn't do forty songs from artists I was lukewarm about. Sharing and writing was fine—in fact, I wanted to do that—but I felt guilty not planning on listening but submitting a list anyway.

But Sufjan is awesome. I also like that Christmas album.
Yeah, I love the idea and have learned of lots of new songs and bands so that's cool. Dinosaur Jr is now like one of my favorite rock groups ever and I honestly had never even listened to them before the MAD this summer. So that is awesome. The playlists just don't work for me because I can't do the whiplash from soul to blues to metal back to soul to folk to disco, etc. I find myself in a mood for a certain type or tempo or mood of music and need to be consistent with that for my mood.

Sunday picks:

That Holiday Feeling! by Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme was my in-laws' favorite Christmas album and it's been a staple of my Decembers ever since I met my wife.

Peaceful/chill: Hurry Home for Christmas -- Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme

Swinging: That Holiday Feeling -- Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme

Nice. Listened to probably a third of the album while I read Lawrence's bio on Spotify. For some reason I think "Hurry Home For Christmas," with its seemingly time out signature, is a little more swinging than "That Holiday Feeling."

Just an observation. "Hurry Home For Christmas" was cool.

Sunday picks:

That Holiday Feeling! by Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme was my in-laws' favorite Christmas album and it's been a staple of my Decembers ever since I met my wife.

Peaceful/chill: Hurry Home for Christmas -- Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme

Swinging: That Holiday Feeling -- Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme

Nice. Listened to probably a third of the album while I read Lawrence's bio on Spotify. For some reason I think "Hurry Home For Christmas," with its seemingly time out signature, is a little more swinging than "That Holiday Feeling."

Just an observation. "Hurry Home For Christmas" was cool.
Hurry Home for Christmas is my favorite song on the record and its unusual arrangement and time signatures have a lot to do with that. It does swing in its own way.

Swinging

Natal Brasileiro (Que Natal É Esse) - Jorge Ben Jor (no cuíca-driven samba-funk category, so will put it here. Natal Brasilero = Brazilian Christmas)

Pop

…At the Holiday Party, St. Vincent (relevant to the Sufjan talk, she was former member of his touring band)

I moved the Meghan Trainor/EWF track from Rocking to Pop to balance out playlist lengths.

There will be bonus picks allowed Monday for Pop, So Bad, Swinging and Kids to get them over the hour mark.
If there’s a plethora in the country/acoustic, welcome to move my Kelly Clarkson Underneath the Christmas Tree over to the pop.

ditkaburgers doing her part to make sure Pop reaches an hour.

The 1975 - Wintering

Hilary Duff - Santa Claus Lane

Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me

*NSYNC - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Users who are viewing this thread