What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (1 Viewer)

I forget the official verdict on Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime," but I saw the repeat SNL with him on it the other night and I was convinced it was a great song. He had a children's choir and errrrything. It was cool. That was my novice take on the whole thing.

I forget the official verdict on Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime," but I saw the repeat SNL with him on it the other night and I was convinced it was a great song. He had a children's choir and errrrything. It was cool. That was my novice take on the whole thing.

The cheesy McCartney II synths don't help the original but there's a catchy tune underneath it all. Macca should have probably worked on the clock chime bridge a little more.

The Shins' 2012 cover gives the song a nice Pet Soundsy arrangement.

Tuxedo funked it up in 2014. If I'm not mistaken, both covers ditched the bridge.

The cheesy McCartney II synths don't help the original but there's a catchy tune underneath it all. Macca should have probably worked on the clock chime bridge a little more.

The Shins' 2012 cover gives the song a nice Pet Soundsy arrangement.

Tuxedo funked it up in 2014. If I'm not mistaken, both covers ditched the bridge.

The cheesy synths are my favorite part!

The cheesy synths are my favorite part!

I like the bridge. I think.

The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long
Ding dong ding dong
Ding dong ding
Ooooh ooo-ooo-ooh

It's kind of clever by itself but I don't think it fits with the rest of the song. I get that he's playing off the progression in the chorus but the bridge kills the groove for me.

I think I listened to the Instrumental playlist in its entirety while making more cookies because Spotify added songs with words into the shuffle. It's a nice mix with some abrupt shifts from quiet pieces to big band numbers.

Followed that with the So Bad/Good list. It's kind of interesting to listen for what makes it bad in the drafter's eye. Some are really obvious but others take a minute or two. Christmas Dragnet seems to be as long as Freebird but it reminded me to pick up some scallions. I don't know who put McCartney on this list but they're not on krista's list either.

I think I listened to the Instrumental playlist in its entirety while making more cookies because Spotify added songs with words into the shuffle. It's a nice mix with some abrupt shifts from quiet pieces to big band numbers.

Followed that with the So Bad/Good list. It's kind of interesting to listen for what makes it bad in the drafter's eye. Some are really obvious but others take a minute or two. Christmas Dragnet seems to be as long as Freebird but it reminded me to pick up some scallions. I don't know who put McCartney on this list but they're not on krista's list either.
Doc Oc is the one who thinks the synths are not wonderful.

The Maroon 5 version of Happy Xmas (War Is Over), which was picked for So Bad, came on SiriusXM’s Holly when I was in the car on Wednesday. It’s even worse than was described here. I can’t believe Levine’s vocal was deliberate. It sounds like a parody.

I added Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody" to the Rocking list. I assume Mrs. Rannous was holding it back for the Christmas round of the MAD 31s but it doesn't look like that's going to happen in spite of ilov80s best efforts.

It would also qualify for Overplayed in the UK.

I added Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody" to the Rocking list. I assume Mrs. Rannous was holding it back for the Christmas round of the MAD 31s but it doesn't look like that's going to happen in spite of ilov80s best efforts.

It would also qualify for Overplayed in the UK.

Wow. You must be my Psychic Friend. I was just going to post it. Miss Cleo would be proud.

Lost track of this. It became a most crappy holiday. Lost a close friend about a week ago. I suppose it was only destined to be so, it been a totally ****ty year as far as that goes.

So this will be a dump of links that I had I prepped for this thread. If this breaks any rules, sorry, not sorry. I'm admittedly uber-crabby and flipping double birds to the world. I've settled on anger at this point. Sorry @Eephus , I don't intend to make any duplicates or break any rules. I just couldn't keep up with the past ~2weeks or so. I love this thread. Its been a joy in an otherwise totally dismal season. Heartfelt props.

Bah humbug.

"Santa Claus is Comin'" by the Tractors

"Grandpa got run over by a hybrid." - Steve Goodie

"Rusty Chevrolet" by Shanneyganock

"Christmas on Tatooine" - Royish Good Looks

"What can you get Wookie for Christmas?" - Marc with a C

"Santa Clause Is Coming to Town" by Silvan Zingg

"Santa is Coming over to YOUR house!" - Brooks and Dunn

I haven't listened since Xmas day but I did want to mention that the Rocking list was surprisingly meh overall.

My theory is a lot of the artists just threw a holiday release together as a lark. The Pop list covered similar ground but on the whole, I think the songwriters put a little more effort and craft into the songs in hopes they might luck into a seasonal standard that would generate lifelong income.

I haven't listened since Xmas day but I did want to mention that the Rocking list was surprisingly meh overall.

My theory is a lot of the artists just threw a holiday release together as a lark. The Pop list covered similar ground but on the whole, I think the songwriters put a little more effort and craft into the songs in hopes they might luck into a seasonal standard that would generate lifelong income.
I have to agree with that. It reminds me of the records the Beatles used to send to their fanclub members. Great
collectables but not something that would make anyone's list. I do like that one Billy Squire song though.

Users who are viewing this thread