What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holly Jolly Palooza: Collaborative Xmas playlist project complete w/ 12 1/2 playlists for your holiday enjoyment (1 Viewer)

"Christmas You Go So Fast" - Matthew Bogart (Depressing)

This Robert Goulet parody from the HBO series Vinyl was one my favorite things from that ultimately disappointing show.

LOL. That's the one I said I was leaving you back on Page One of this thread. Glad you picked it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everybody! I lost my steam mid-thread. I've never been a holiday song guy, though I have a rocker on speed dial.
I figured I would give people reasonable time if anyone else wanted it since I’m always posting it/drafting it lol.

12:01 picks.

Anti-Christmas: Christmas with the Devil -- Spinal Tap.

Anti-Christmas: Don't Steal or Kill This Christmas -- Dryer. My high school buddy is the drummer. Don't play this around young children who still believe in Santa, Rudolph, etc.

The #3 Spotify search result for Dryer Christmas is an ambient recording of a clothes dryer. It's part of a 15 track collection of dryer sounds. The big hit has almost 3 million streams which is a lot more than the song that was picked.

Anti-Christmas: Don't Steal or Kill This Christmas -- Dryer. My high school buddy is the drummer. Don't play this around young children who still believe in Santa, Rudolph, etc.

The #3 Spotify search result for Dryer Christmas is an ambient recording of a clothes dryer. It's part of a 15 track collection of dryer sounds. The big hit has almost 3 million streams which is a lot more than the song that was picked.

Doing what I can to close the gap! :laugh:

I was listening to my dryer before it was cool.

Overplayed

Mele Kalikimaka - Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters

Sad/Depressing/Wistful

Winter Song - Leslie Odom Jr (ft. Cynthia Erivo)

Last edited:
"A Pretty Good Christmas" - The Disappointment Choir (Sad/depressing)

This one is probably more wistful than depressing. The verses are sad enough (the opening words are "I lost my job") but the spirit of Christmas comes through in the refrain.

I don't know what it is about this little song by an unknown Indie band but it touches my heart every year.

Revised dice numbers

1. Rocking
  2. Soulful
  3. Swinging
  4. Country/acoustic
  5. Religious/traditional
  6. Funny/novelty
  7. Overplayed
  8. So bad it's good/so bad it's bad
  9. For the kids
  10. Instrumental

Rocking Xmas for ditkaburgers

"Boogie Woogie Christmas" - Arthur® and Friends

"Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)" - Ramones

That makes three songs from the Arthur Christmas special, only 22 to go.

Rocking:

Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - New Bomb Turks

I love how it turns from "Baby, Please Come Home" to "Runaround Sue" and "**** Around" by The Dwarves . . . so subtle but so great

Rocking:

Nothing For Me - The Muffs

Kim once got coal for XMas.

RIP, Kim Shattuck :( My dear, you were one of a kind

Rock

Sleigh Ride - The Ronettes

Listen, The Snow is Falling - Galaxie 500 (been in a shoegazing kind of mood lately; come for the Yoko Ono lyrics, stay for the guitar solo)

Last edited:
It's one of my favorite Christmas songs. Martha Quinn has said doing that video is her favorite moment when working for MTV.

RCM: If you could go back and relive one day at MTV, what would you choose to relive again and why?

MQ:
I have thought about that and the answer to your question is, and you’re gonna think I’m so weird, but I’d go back to the day that we shot the Billy Squier Christmas video, Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You.

It was everybody from MTV all together in that video. It was the staff, it was the crew, and it was the VJs. You can really see every single person that they filmed had the passion in their eyes for the music.

We were rebels with a cause.

Because MTV chose to film the secretaries as well as the VJs and the camera people, MTV hadn’t become yet, “Oh, we’re stars and we’re only gonna show the stars. We’re not gonna show a secretary on a video that’s gonna air eight million times a day, we’re showing everybody. We love everybody.” We were all united, all for one and one for all. Once MTV started getting bigger, that passion and unity started to become more like a job. But there was that period of time where it was not a job. It was a time where every single person who walked through the doors and walked past that logo in the lobby was thrilled and passionate about being there and that video shows it.

It's one of my favorite Christmas songs. Martha Quinn has said doing that video is her favorite moment when working for MTV.

RCM: If you could go back and relive one day at MTV, what would you choose to relive again and why?

MQ: I have thought about that and the answer to your question is, and you’re gonna think I’m so weird, but I’d go back to the day that we shot the Billy Squier Christmas video, Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You.

It was everybody from MTV all together in that video. It was the staff, it was the crew, and it was the VJs. You can really see every single person that they filmed had the passion in their eyes for the music.

We were rebels with a cause.

Because MTV chose to film the secretaries as well as the VJs and the camera people, MTV hadn’t become yet, “Oh, we’re stars and we’re only gonna show the stars. We’re not gonna show a secretary on a video that’s gonna air eight million times a day, we’re showing everybody. We love everybody.” We were all united, all for one and one for all. Once MTV started getting bigger, that passion and unity started to become more like a job. But there was that period of time where it was not a job. It was a time where every single person who walked through the doors and walked past that logo in the lobby was thrilled and passionate about being there and that video shows it.
Agreed... great song! I actually prefer this version to the original, but both are great!

Users who are viewing this thread