Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gottabesweet

Spencer Ware 2018 Fantasy Playoffs

Recommended Posts

I wanted to separate this from the Hunt thread where we have no idea what will happen. 

If Hunt is suspended what do we think of Wares three matchups and where would you slot him RB rest of season rankings.  

Lets keep this away from Hunt video and more on Ware/Chiefs 14-16 schedule. Would he be an instant top 10 back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up but already start Tyreek and Kelce every week. Wonder if that's too many eggs.

Edited by cap'n grunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added him as well and can't imagine starting him (Ekeler/Chubb/Gordon on IR) one will have to be dropped if Gordon is active.

Start 1RB,1WR and 2 flex, generally play 3 WR's (Thielen,OBJ,Allen)

Even if you don't need to start him playing keep away from another playoff team than can start him and possibly get the 15-20 points out of him is still a good play.

 

Edited by Gottabesweet
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got:

Ekeler/Justin Jackson

Kerryon Johnson/ L. Blount

and Ware

Suddenly my running backs look sweet after being pretty much junk all year. Love it when that happens late in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I added him as well and can't imagine starting him (Ekeler/Chubb/Gordon on IR) one will have to be dropped if Gordon is active.

Start 1RB,1WR and 2 flex, generally play 3 WR's (Thielen,OBJ,Allen)

Even if you don't need to start him playing keep away from another playoff team than can start him and possibly get the 15-20 points out of him is still a good play.

This exactly. Ware can win you your league even if he never sees your starting lineup. He's my RB5 and RB6 in the two leagues where I was quick enough to get him but there are a couple of competitive teams in each of those leagues for which he'd instantly be a RB3/flex. If those teams have to start Doug Martin or Chris Thompson instead of Ware in the playoffs against me, it repays me having to burn that roster spot 10 times over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I officially have an embarrassment of riches if Hunt is out:

Gurley, J. Conner, A. Jones, N. Chubb, M. Mack, S. Ware

Too bad I have lousy WRs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debating whether to pick him up.  My only options to drop right now are Bears DST or Corey Davis.  I don't need anybody this week or next due to Bye, so strictly thinking about weeks 15-16.  If Hunt doesn't get suspended (or hurt) picking up Ware would be dumb.  I'd probably never start him even if Hunt is out - my other RB's are Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb, Austin Ekeler and Josh Adams.  PPR, start 2 RB and a flex.  What to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themeistersinger said:

Debating whether to pick him up.  My only options to drop right now are Bears DST or Corey Davis.  I don't need anybody this week or next due to Bye, so strictly thinking about weeks 15-16.  If Hunt doesn't get suspended (or hurt) picking up Ware would be dumb.  I'd probably never start him even if Hunt is out - my other RB's are Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb, Austin Ekeler and Josh Adams.  PPR, start 2 RB and a flex.  What to do?

Gotta be somebody else to drop.

I dropped C. Brate. Wanted him as a Gronk owner, but Ware just has too much potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kyoun1e said:

Gotta be somebody else to drop.

I dropped C. Brate. Wanted him as a Gronk owner, but Ware just has too much potential.

Almost did the same with Njoku, but opted to pay extra stash Melvin on IR and then make the decision who to cut when Gordon is active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kyoun1e said:

I officially have an embarrassment of riches if Hunt is out:

Gurley, J. Conner, A. Jones, N. Chubb, M. Mack, S. Ware

Too bad I have lousy WRs.

LOL, sub out Kamara for Gurley and that's my exact RB roster in my one league as well. And ditto on the WRs. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

LOL, sub out Kamara for Gurley and that's my exact RB roster in my one league as well. And ditto on the WRs. :lol: 

Trade deadline past and I have A. Jeffery, J. Gordon, and DJ Moore. Stuck.

I honestly may cut M. Mack at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only wish this came out during the fantasy playoffs and not now. Any action by the league will probably happen next year so his suspension is all on the Chiefs and I feel his suspension will only last as long as the Chiefs are winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Gotta be somebody else to drop.

I dropped C. Brate. Wanted him as a Gronk owner, but Ware just has too much potential.

Unfortunately, I think those are my best options to drop

QB - Mahomes and Dak (can't drop Dak since he's locked for already playing)
RB - Kamara, Fournette, Chubb, Ekeler, Adams
WR - Diggs, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, Davis
TE - Kittle
K - Lutz (can't drop since he's locked for already playing)
DST - Bears

PPR - Start 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, 1 each of QB, TE, K and DST
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while i understand the rush to pick up ware... to expect league winning production may be a bit rich.... ware played most of the season in 2016 and was only RB16 in my scoring format.... he's no Kareem hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ware has been rostered for weeks in my league (14 teams). What about Damien Williams?  Worth a stash, just in case? I assume he would be the next man up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs sent him home.  They are @ Oakland this week I believe, so assuming he doesn't travel with the team? He should be starting for KC Sunday at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

Debating whether to pick him up.  My only options to drop right now are Bears DST or Corey Davis.  I don't need anybody this week or next due to Bye, so strictly thinking about weeks 15-16.  If Hunt doesn't get suspended (or hurt) picking up Ware would be dumb.  I'd probably never start him even if Hunt is out - my other RB's are Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb, Austin Ekeler and Josh Adams.  PPR, start 2 RB and a flex.  What to do?

Anonymous tip to the owner of another team who probably won't start him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

while i understand the rush to pick up ware... to expect league winning production may be a bit rich.... ware played most of the season in 2016 and was only RB16 in my scoring format.... he's no Kareem hunt.

Lol. Yeah, and Mahomes is no Alex Smith and Tyreek Hill is no Jeremy Maclin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I added him as well and can't imagine starting him (Ekeler/Chubb/Gordon on IR) one will have to be dropped if Gordon is active.

Start 1RB,1WR and 2 flex, generally play 3 WR's (Thielen,OBJ,Allen)

Even if you don't need to start him playing keep away from another playoff team than can start him and possibly get the 15-20 points out of him is still a good play.

 

That's why I picked him up.  The Hunt owner was asleep at the wheel and kind of has been all year - his team is ludicrous with Brees, Hunt, Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Thielen among others - and he's been very inactive on the wire, making no significant waiver adds.  Hopefully this one costs him.  Unfortunately he's already in the playoffs, because with the egg laid by NOS and now Hunt out he would probably have been bounced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, looking at KC's playoff schedule:

BAL, LAC, @SEA

BALT will certainly be tough, LAC easier to run on vs. pass, SEA pretty middle of the pack all the way around.

What this may mean more than anything is that Mahommes benefits the most. They'll just sling it more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Chiefs sent him home.  They are @ Oakland this week I believe, so assuming he doesn't travel with the team? He should be starting for KC Sunday at least.

Link?......the chiefs and the league knew about this when it happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angry spiders said:

Link?......the chiefs and the league knew about this when it happened

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/1068617728544702464

Quote

@DanGrazianoESPN 

I am told the Chiefs sent Kareem Hunt home from the facility today upon learning of the release of the video and pending further action. Most likely short-term resolution is that Hunt would be placed on the commissioner's exempt list pending a final decision, but we will see.

 

Edited by BradtheAg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it

 

The Chiefs sent Kareem Hunt home from their practice facility Friday.

Hunt addressed reports of this particular altercation back in August, stating he had "learned from it" and was focused on football. Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said in August that he didn't expect Hunt to be disciplined by the league. The franchise is now acting upon the release of the video to the public. ESPN's Dan Graziano suggests the most likely short-term solution is for Hunt to make the commissioner's exempt list, which would keep him from practicing or attending games until a final decision is made. Hunt could also be facing a six-game suspension under the league's Domestic Violence Policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm on the road heading to pick up my son from college for the weekend.  Listening to the fantasy Show on channel 87 and they are talking about Hunt and grabbing Ware just in case. 

Without crashing i picked him up in both my leagues. Boom - Hunt gets sent home!!!

Hoping he helps me during the playoffs. 

Good luck everyone that got him

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigDave said:

So I'm on the road heading to pick up my son from college for the weekend.  Listening to the fantasy Show on channel 87 and they are talking about Hunt and grabbing Ware just in case. 

Without crashing i picked him up in both my leagues. Boom - Hunt gets sent home!!!

Hoping he helps me during the playoffs. 

Good luck everyone that got him

 

 

 

 

 

Have a safe trip! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the NFL did not see the video in August, and since there apparently isn't any police report that Hunt will now face the wrath of Goodell and the NFL.  This is a prime example of why you should handcuff certain players whether or not you own the starter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ahartig said:

So.... who is Wares cuff? Is Char still there?

Was wondering this myself. Wondering if it would be Damian Williams or Darrel Williams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a lock Ware is the guy, I mean he was ok in 2016, but missed a year due to a major leg injury, and has been barely used at all this year. Is it not possible its RBBC with Hunt out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, djjosee said:

Just dropped Ekeler for him.  Better chance Ware breaks my lineup over Ekeler for the playoffs.

surley you have someone worse who you can cut, Hunt isn't even technically suspended yet.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

Not a terrible idea, although I can't do it anonymously.

Mostly joking about the anonymous part, mostly serious about getting someone else to use his roster space :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, djjosee said:

Just dropped Ekeler for him.  Better chance Ware breaks my lineup over Ekeler for the playoffs.

That is a risky move.  Gordon is week-to-week, and Ekeler could put up RB1 numbers, especially in PPR.  No doubt Ware would be considered a RB1 himself if Hunt is suspended/put on Commissioner's exempt list, but that is not a certainty.  I think I would drop my kicker for Ware and let this play out until Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Is it a lock Ware is the guy, I mean he was ok in 2016, but missed a year due to a major leg injury, and has been barely used at all this year. Is it not possible its RBBC with Hunt out? 

On ESPN wares projection is now 10 points. Damien Williams is 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

On ESPN wares projection is now 10 points. Damien Williams is 4.

My PPR league, Ware is projected at 15. Hunt 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

automatic add even if you don't plan to use him.   keep pawns off the chess board here people...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Schefter indicating his thoughts that NFL and/or team going to come own hard...

no chance the team didn't know already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been pimping Ware for awhile as a keeper prospect, this being his contract year and all, and he's been sitting on my roster for a few weeks. this news just made him relevant for redraft too. he's a capable back that i believe to be starter talent. if he starts for KC rest of the way, he's certainly a different maker. maybe not quite a championship maker, but he'll have plenty of opportunities to become just that. if he's available, gotta go all out on him imo. if that video is real, which I haven't seen, can't see Hunt not being suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lod001 said:

They will probably just throw more than they did before.

That's what I fear. I just picked up Ware but am facing Mahommes this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.