What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL Marvel's Avengers: Endgame **** SPOILERS ALLOWED! Enter at your own risk!!! (1 Viewer)

Or the five year old kids that end up back in the womb.

Oof, that's a lifetime of therapy right there.

Or the five year old kids that end up back in the womb.

Oof, that's a lifetime of therapy right there.
I don't think that happened.  They came back as the age they were when lost.  Also, I expect the babies died/lived with the mother, so a pregnant mom came back as a pregnant mom.

LOL at those having sex, though.

I don't think that happened.  They came back as the age they were when lost.  Also, I expect the babies died/lived with the mother, so a pregnant mom came back as a pregnant mom.

LOL at those having sex, though.
That's one theory 

Unless we had a bunch of fetuses left on the ground after mom's disappeared, I'd say that is the case.  Can't believe they didn't address this in the movie.  :lol:
I guess it depends on when the Mad Titan thinks life begins. But...maybe.

But plenty of people go into labor everyday, including Snappy Wednesday. That's gonna lead to some awkward moments five years down the line.

Mario Kart said:
In Avengers: Endgame, Tony Stark was able to perfectly flick Ant-man into the Tesseract case because he had been practicing by playing Paper Football with Nebula on the Benatar
The More You Know=====*

I like how they made fun of Scott for explaining a time travel plan that was based on Back to the Future, and then they executed a time travel plan that was based on Back to the Future.  (I'm guessing this has already been mentioned, but I'm about 50 pages behind).
How so?  In back to the future, the other time lines are erased. Here, all of the other realities still exist. 

So there is a timeline where Thanos is gone as of 2014. There is one where Howard Stark will be a better dad, etc. 

How so?  In back to the future, the other time lines are erased. Here, all of the other realities still exist. 

So there is a timeline where Thanos is gone as of 2014. There is one where Howard Stark will be a better dad, etc. 
I just meant that they went back in time and had to avoid themselves, like in Back to the Future 2. A very loose (and admittedly not very apt) comparison to be sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:

And they finally may have addressed this in the last Shield when Deke dropped his multiverse theory. 

Anyone know if the new 'extended' version is going to be out longer than last weekend? Or should I just wait until the DVD?

With a worldwide gross of $2,780,800,139, Endgame still needs about $7.2 million globally to pass Avatar ($2,787,965,087).

With the recent re-release, Endgame has made over $16 million just in the U.S. over the last three weeks. Maybe if it can run another month, and not lose too many U.S. theaters, it's got an outside shot.

With a worldwide gross of $2,780,800,139, Endgame still needs about $7.2 million globally to pass Avatar ($2,787,965,087).

With the recent re-release, Endgame has made over $16 million just in the U.S. over the last three weeks. Maybe if it can run another month, and not lose too many U.S. theaters, it's got an outside shot.
It's fascinating to me how many people seem to care about this ####. 

According to The-numbers.com, Endgame is already the #1 top grossing movie of all time. 

Box office mojo has them at number 2 as well. Think the numbers numbers are off.
The-Numbers.com amounts are odd. I looked at it not long after Anarchy posted them yesterday, and they had it right, with Avatar at #1, Endgame #2 and both amounts matching Box Office Mojo. Now, I've just looked at The-Numbers.com again ... Endgame's amount is correct, but Avatar's is shown as more than $11 million less than it really is for some reason.

According to The-numbers.com, Endgame is already the #1 top grossing movie of all time. 
The-numbers.com was a week early, but now it seems to be official -- this past weekend, Avengers: Endgame has passed Avatar per almost every industry source I can dig up. Box Office Mojo is calling it, as well. Granted, it's only by about $511 K at the moment, but a few more last-gasp weekends for Endgame could get them maybe a $5 million cushion.

Some expect Avatar to be re-released in advance of Avatar 2 ... so James Cameron could get the title back really soon. And of course, Avatar is comfortably ahead in dollars adjust for inflation (~$3.3 billion in 2019 dollars).

The-numbers.com was a week early, but now it seems to be official -- this past weekend, Avengers: Endgame has passed Avatar per almost every industry source I can dig up. Box Office Mojo is calling it, as well. Granted, it's only by about $511 K at the moment, but a few more last-gasp weekends for Endgame could get them maybe a $5 million cushion.

Some expect Avatar to be re-released in advance of Avatar 2 ... so James Cameron could get the title back really soon. And of course, Avatar is comfortably ahead in dollars adjust for inflation (~$3.3 billion in 2019 dollars).
They had an odd (for the show) discussion about how the industry should rank films in terms of popularity on Golic & Wingo this morning. Golic said they should go by actual tickets sold instead of dollars generated, as the cost of a ticket will always go up. Here is the list of the Top 25 in ticket sales (assuming it is accurate)  . . .

1 ) Gone With The Wind - 201.2 million
2 ) Star Wars - 178.5 million
3 ) The Sound Of Music - 142.7 million
4 ) E.T. - 141.7 million
5 ) Titanic - 135.5 million
6 ) The Ten Commandments - 131 million
7 ) Jaws - 128 million
8 ) Dr. Zhivago - 124.1 million
9 ) The Exorcist - 110.6 million
10 ) Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - 109 million
11 ) The Force Awakens - 108 million
12 ) 101 Dalmatians - 99.9 million
13 ) Avatar - 99.8 million
14 ) The Empire Strikes Back -  98.2 million
15 ) Ben-Hur - 98 million
16 ) Avengers Endgame - 95.2 million
17 ) Return Of The Jedi - 94.1 million
18 ) Jurassic Park - 92 million
19 ) The Phantom Menace - 90.3 million
20 ) The Lion King - 89.2 million
21 ) The Sting - 89 million
22 ) Raiders Of The Lost Ark - 88.5 million
23 ) The Graduate - 85.5 million
24 ) Fantasia - 83.1 million
25 ) This Is The Army - 81 million

Anarchy, that's a good list. Must be domestic only, though -- Avatar mopped the floor with The Force Awakens overseas.

Anarchy, that's a good list. Must be domestic only, though -- Avatar mopped the floor with The Force Awakens overseas.
Yes, it's gotta be domestic only. Avatar is something like $700~ higher than TFA in overall gross.

It's tough to compare by any yardstick. In terms of tickets sold, many of the older films on the list were re-released in theaters multiple times over the years like GWTW and Star Wars. For example, the Sound of Music is at 283M admissions globally per wikipedia and ran for 4.5 years in theaters plus two re-releases. GWTW was re-released something like 9 times over the decades. Modern films have more competition for eyeballs with tv/streaming/rentals, etc. but worldwide audiences have exploded; which is why some crap movies still manage to make 100's of millions of dollars. Then throw in inflation plus population growth... it's all just bragging rights in the end.

Man price of a ticket has changed that much to where Force Awakens has sold 13M more tickets than Endgame but is way behind it in money made? 

Man price of a ticket has changed that much to where Force Awakens has sold 13M more tickets than Endgame but is way behind it in money made? 
That tickets-sold list is domestic only. Force Awakens is the highest-grossing domestic take of all time (unadjusted). But Force Awakens was fairly weak internationally compared to other all-time films.

Aren't there a lot less of them in each theater too?
There are a ton less in the theater by my house, but they are a consistently busy, so I guess it all works for the owners. They make almost nothing from the ticket sales, so they have to max the concessions and this is why we are seeing all these upgrades to the movie experience. 

Anarchy99 said:
They had an odd (for the show) discussion about how the industry should rank films in terms of popularity on Golic & Wingo this morning. Golic said they should go by actual tickets sold instead of dollars generated, as the cost of a ticket will always go up. Here is the list of the Top 25 in ticket sales (assuming it is accurate)  . . .

1 ) Gone With The Wind - 201.2 million
2 ) Star Wars - 178.5 million
3 ) The Sound Of Music - 142.7 million
4 ) E.T. - 141.7 million
5 ) Titanic - 135.5 million
6 ) The Ten Commandments - 131 million
7 ) Jaws - 128 million
8 ) Dr. Zhivago - 124.1 million
9 ) The Exorcist - 110.6 million
10 ) Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - 109 million
11 ) The Force Awakens - 108 million
12 ) 101 Dalmatians - 99.9 million
13 ) Avatar - 99.8 million
14 ) The Empire Strikes Back -  98.2 million
15 ) Ben-Hur - 98 million
16 ) Avengers Endgame - 95.2 million
17 ) Return Of The Jedi - 94.1 million
18 ) Jurassic Park - 92 million
19 ) The Phantom Menace - 90.3 million
20 ) The Lion King - 89.2 million
21 ) The Sting - 89 million
22 ) Raiders Of The Lost Ark - 88.5 million
23 ) The Graduate - 85.5 million
24 ) Fantasia - 83.1 million
25 ) This Is The Army - 81 million

I think this is a bit unfair as well as movies come out significantly faster and leave the theaters much more quickly. To me The Force Awakens and Avengers are much more impressive in this fast churn environment.

I think this is a bit unfair as well as movies come out significantly faster and leave the theaters much more quickly. To me The Force Awakens and Avengers are much more impressive in this fast churn environment.
There are also countless more screens and cinemas for movies to play on with multiple showings of each film each day, all day. Not so in the old days. Similarly, there are thousands of screens just in China when there was very little overseas market in the early days. I would bet that there are way more total showings / screenings across the run of movies these days than there was "back in the day."

As a for instance, back when the original Star Wars came out, it only played on one screen at one theater where I lived. People literally lined up around the block to get in. The next closest theater was 30 minutes away. For the most recent Star Wars movies, they played 40 times a day at my local cineplex. 

No matter how you slice it, it is difficult to compare eras in lots of things . . . including the film industry.

That is 2014 or something Gamora. The one before meeting Quill and helping them. 
Right, she doesn't know Tony. And she's confused. So she walked. 

Although, 2018 gamora wouldn't know him either.

Nice to see she's alive.

Yes I, have a lot of time on my hands*, been re-watching both IW and Endgame (and the Captain Marvel post credit scene) way to often and didn't see it asked earlier...

They only have enough Pym Particles for 1 round trip each (and 2, uh 1 test trip).  Past Nebula takes Future Nebula's particles for the return trip and gives (or shows) them to Thanos.  They both are able to get to the future.  Either Nebula can't make the trip to open the gateway for Thanks or Thanos can't make the trip if Nebula goes. 

How did they both get to the future?

Had one other question too, but can't remember it now.  It can wait until I watch them again....

*I'm home alone a lot killing time on the weekends and I can put these movies on and nap or do other household things and don't need to pay attn.  Plus I like them and rewatch movies over and over and over....

Yes I, have a lot of time on my hands*, been re-watching both IW and Endgame (and the Captain Marvel post credit scene) way to often and didn't see it asked earlier...

They only have enough Pym Particles for 1 round trip each (and 2, uh 1 test trip).  Past Nebula takes Future Nebula's particles for the return trip and gives (or shows) them to Thanos.  They both are able to get to the future.  Either Nebula can't make the trip to open the gateway for Thanks or Thanos can't make the trip if Nebula goes. 

Had one other question too, but can't remember it now.  It can wait until I watch them again....

*I'm home alone a lot killing time on the weekends and I can put these movies on and nap or do other household things and don't need to pay attn.  Plus I like them and rewatch movies over and over and over....
She gets more particles from Tony/Captain when they return with additional particles?  Maybe?

Good time and place to ask: wasn't Black Widow supposed to be released in the spring? Guess I can go look it up ... maybe it was June or something.

Last year, there were three major superhero releases in March and April (Captain Marvel, Shazam!, and Endgame). I guess the studios are happy they didn't load down this March/April with potential billion-dollar tentpoles.

She gets more particles from Tony/Captain when they return with additional particles?  Maybe?
Woudnt she then have to travel to 2014 to give them to Thanos?

And Did Stark grab enough for more then him/cap to get home  (i didnt count how many he grabbed)

I really need to watch Endgame again and work this out ... but at some point, the heroes got extra Pym Particles added to their supply. I think it was when Tony Stark and Cap went back and looked through Howard Stark's SHIELD office (early 1970s?). Capt America also snagged some particles from Pym's office, which was at the same SHIELD facility.

I don't know if that gets any extra Pym Particles into the right hands at the right time, though.

Good time and place to ask: wasn't Black Widow supposed to be released in the spring? Guess I can go look it up ... maybe it was June or something.

Last year, there were three major superhero releases in March and April (Captain Marvel, Shazam!, and Endgame). I guess the studios are happy they didn't load down this March/April with potential billion-dollar tentpoles.
Was supposed to be in May this year, but being pushed back.

I really need to watch Endgame again and work this out ... but at some point, the heroes got extra Pym Particles added to their supply. I think it was when Tony Stark and Cap went back and looked through Howard Stark's SHIELD office (early 1970s?). Capt America also snagged some particles from Pym's office, which was at the same SHIELD facility.

I don't know if that gets any extra Pym Particles into the right hands at the right time, though.
My thoughts below

Woudnt she then have to travel to 2014 to give them to Thanos?

And Did Stark grab enough for more then him/cap to get home  (i didnt count how many he grabbed)
Guess it was Cap that grabbed the particles. Still though, they all arrived back at 2014 the same time so she would have had to grab them and travel again to 2014 to give them to Thanos.

Guess it was Cap that grabbed the particles. Still though, they all arrived back at 2014 the same time so she would have had to grab them and travel again to 2014 to give them to Thanos.
FWIW, the Wikipedia write-up of Endgame's plot reads like 2014 Nebula gets to 2019, and "pulls" 2014 Thanos forward in time somehow without traveling back herself :shrug:   Would really have to watch Endgame again and see what was up. I wish I had gone to see it a second time.

FWIW, the Wikipedia write-up of Endgame's plot reads like 2014 Nebula gets to 2019, and "pulls" 2014 Thanos forward in time somehow without traveling back herself :shrug:   Would really have to watch Endgame again and see what was up. I wish I had gone to see it a second time.
She goes to the time machine platform and connects with it, opening the doorway for Thanos.  But wasn't the whole point you have to get small to enter the quantum realm and need the stark GPS to go where you want?  Did they split the Pym Particles?  Wouldn't that have meant they had more then enough if they could use half a dose? 

Users who are viewing this thread