What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In this thread I rank my favorite post-Beatles Beatles songs: 291-1. (3 Viewers)

The Washington Post has an article about how 3/4 of the Beatles (no Paul) showed up to a fundraiser for the defense of Daniel Ellsberg (who died recently), organized by Barbra Streisand, in 1973. It was the first time since the breakup that three Beatles appeared in public together.

@krista4 Did you see the John Lennon category on Jeopardy last week?

No! I missed that one, bummer. Was it easy or difficult or so-so?
I thought it was easy.

$200:
John Lennon's family claimed his October 9, 1940 birth in this city took place during a German air raid

$400:
On July 27, 1976, John received one of these "colorful" items symbolizing victory in his long battle for U.S. residency

$600:
In 1972, John & Yoko released the album "Some Time in" this city where he'd spend most of the rest of his life

$800:
For "Double" this, the last album released before his death, John & Yoko alternated songs

$1000:
In 1969, a crowd of journalists & celebrities joined John & Yoko in a Montreal hotel room to record this anthem

All were answered correctly by the contestants.

@krista4 Did you see the John Lennon category on Jeopardy last week?

No! I missed that one, bummer. Was it easy or difficult or so-so?
I thought it was easy.

$200:
John Lennon's family claimed his October 9, 1940 birth in this city took place during a German air raid

$400:
On July 27, 1976, John received one of these "colorful" items symbolizing victory in his long battle for U.S. residency

$600:
In 1972, John & Yoko released the album "Some Time in" this city where he'd spend most of the rest of his life

$800:
For "Double" this, the last album released before his death, John & Yoko alternated songs

$1000:
In 1969, a crowd of journalists & celebrities joined John & Yoko in a Montreal hotel room to record this anthem

All were answered correctly by the contestants.

Yeah, those are very, very easy.

On a side note regarding $600 clue...I recently bought a copy of Some Time in New York City signed by Yoko Ono. :)

I keep getting getting notifications that @Shaft41 has liked a post in this thread. Someone reading it for the first time? :lmao: Nice to "see" you, buddy.
I was waiting for this response. I figured I should probably read all those words you typed.

No, I'm re-reading the thread. And finding posts that I darn well should have liked the first time around and didn't, for whatever reason. So, I'm righting wrongs (Binky: wronging rights). I miss this thread. Maybe it's time for a re-do of this one like we did the Beatles one.

I was waiting for this response. I figured I should probably read all those words you typed.

No, I'm re-reading the thread. And finding posts that I darn well should have liked the first time around and didn't, for whatever reason. So, I'm righting wrongs (Binky: wronging rights). I miss this thread. Maybe it's time for a re-do of this one like we did the Beatles one.

Well, since the time of the original thread, Paul has put out a new album, and Ringo has probably released 37 of them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread