What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (4 Viewers)

Looks like Brown won't miss time and Akers may play through his rib injury. I could see still putting in 8-10% of FAAB for Hendo, it's a worthy gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I crazy for thinking it’s going to take 35-40% of FAAB to get Henderson this week?  

I think owners of Saquon, CMC & Mostert will be putting up major FAAB $$ to get a replacement into their lineups.  I can see people loading up on backup bids to snag Henderson if they miss out on Mike Davis & Dion Lewis.  

Am I crazy for thinking it’s going to take 35-40% of FAAB to get Henderson this week?  

I think owners of Saquon, CMC & Mostert will be putting up major FAAB $$ to get a replacement into their lineups.  I can see people loading up on backup bids to snag Henderson if they miss out on Mike Davis & Dion Lewis.  
I’d rank Henderson before either of those two in terms of priority.  We know who those guys are...

I’d rank Henderson before either of those two in terms of priority.  We know who those guys are...
Henderson is the better talent, but what about the opportunity vs. Davis?  It seems like Davis is a pretty rock-solid starter for 4 weeks, whereas Akers and Brown will be always be hanging around plus McVay loves to mix it up with his backs.

Henderson is the better talent, but what about the opportunity vs. Davis?  It seems like Davis is a pretty rock-solid starter for 4 weeks, whereas Akers and Brown will be always be hanging around plus McVay loves to mix it up with his backs.
Opportunity in Week 3 looks better...can the same be said for Week 7?  I think if you need a guy right now, Davis offers more certainty in the near term, but also recognize that he could give you very pedestrian #’s.  Ultimately, there’ll be a Week 4 Mike Davis, and a Week 5 Mike Davis.  Henderson has pedigree and looked very good.  He plays at the level he showed last week, he has a role moving forward.  Davis could be guarding clipboards again shortly.

I can't understand how the hype was high when his competition was Gurley, plummeted when his competition was Akers. Definitely a head scratcher. I don't know why you have to bring Jefferson into this tho.
I brought Jefferson into it based upon the fact that the Rams needed o line help and they had 3 capable pass catchers, yet they took Jefferson.

Since.....they have have locked up both 1 and 2 wrs and Reynolds will most likely walk

And Jefferson, will be relegated to WR3

I question the Rams front office moves.   That's all

ninogaggi said:

Not to bust your chops but I questioned people last week when they were placing high bids on Hines. 

ninogaggi said:

I play in a league where people spent over $40 FAAB ($100 FAAB account) on Benny #######g Snell. Let the lemmings spend the wealth early so you can get the pick of the litter later on. If you place a solid bid and someone beats you by 1-2 FAAB, ok that sucks. If someone wants to pay stupid money on a guy with a non-guaranteed path to being a WR1/RB1, good for you. This is where research and hitting the media accounts is key.

Henderson or Kelly as a rb pickup?   I would have to drop m. Brown
I’d go Kelly...two heads are better than 3.

Happy and shocked I was able to get Henderson back after dropping him last week from the 11 spot on the WW.  Anxious to see how he does.

I’d go Kelly...two heads are better than 3.

Happy and shocked I was able to get Henderson back after dropping him last week from the 11 spot on the WW.  Anxious to see how he does.
The Rams running game is always a cluster-you-know-what with McVay, but as far as talent goes he's better than guys like Davis, Freeman, and other RBs being plucked off the waiver wire.

Nabbed him on waivers with a $19 bid. Surprisingly, the next highest bid was only $10 and then two $7 bids. This is the same league where owners blew their load for Benny Snell ($42) and Mike Davis ($51!). That to me means no one else wanted to deal with the Rams committee situation, even if Henderson has a halfway decent shot at leading it.

The Rams running game is always a cluster-you-know-what with McVay, but as far as talent goes he's better than guys like Davis, Freeman, and other RBs being plucked off the waiver wire.
agreed.  The "hope" is either thru injury or continued solid play that he can carve out a larger role.  Brown is nothing special so I think he could take a chunk of his touches...Akers I think is a bigger issue.  

agreed.  The "hope" is either thru injury or continued solid play that he can carve out a larger role.  Brown is nothing special so I think he could take a chunk of his touches...Akers I think is a bigger issue.  
I agree, but Akers was ruled out pretty fast Sunday. Doesn't mean he is out this week, but generally that's a sign a player will miss time. 

I agree, but Akers was ruled out pretty fast Sunday. Doesn't mean he is out this week, but generally that's a sign a player will miss time. 
yes, in the short term (this week) I agree that Akers is likely to miss time/be hampered.  My motivations with with Henderson are probably a bit different than others as he's my 5th/6th RB and I'm looking for more of  a home run than a one / two week plug in.  I think the probability is low for that to occur but I've been playing this game a long time and know these things are hard to predict.  You stock your bench with as many upside chips as possible...good talent hopefully in good situations (which both exist here) and hope the cream rises to the top.  IF they hit they can win your league.

Not sure how this narrative got started, Gurley was always the guy when he was able, and even when he really wasn't. Outside of the end of 2018 he dominated touches, I see no reason why McVay wouldn't feed any of these 3 RBs should they take an overwhelming lead.

But therein lies the question, who of these 3 is capable of that? We know Brown isn't at this point, decent solid back but nothing super special.

So take your pick between Akers and Henderson and hope for the best. Henderson seems to have the inside edge for now but I would imagine Akers getting a good look as well as the season progresses.

Not sure how this narrative got started, Gurley was always the guy when he was able, and even when he really wasn't. Outside of the end of 2018 he dominated touches, I see no reason why McVay wouldn't feed any of these 3 RBs should they take an overwhelming lead.

But therein lies the question, who of these 3 is capable of that? We know Brown isn't at this point, decent solid back but nothing super special.

So take your pick between Akers and Henderson and hope for the best. Henderson seems to have the inside edge for now but I would imagine Akers getting a good look as well as the season progresses.
Somewhere along the way I thought McVay was quoted saying something positive/favorable about how the 49ers run their RBBC, keeping guys fresh, yadda yadda.

That's where the narrative got started IMO.

Spending high-ish picks on RBs two years in a row seems to support that narrative too.

I believe he likes the RBBC now.  Proof is in the pudding, dating back to last year when Gurley was healthy and toward the end of 2018 with C J Anderson and Brown.

I believe he likes the RBBC now.  Proof is in the pudding, dating back to last year when Gurley was healthy and toward the end of 2018 with C J Anderson and Brown.
I agree that it seems he would prefer a RBBC now and has leaned that way since CJ Anderson helped them to the SB. Seeing that and then SF do it a year later I think further convinced him it's the right way to go.

But as a point of accuracy before this year other then when Gurley has been banged up he's never really actually utilized a RBBC. Last year Gurley got 75% of the snaps in his 15 games so I don't see the proof in the pudding as it relates to his past RB usage when Gurley was healthy. Just the way he's been wanting to go and can freely go now that he's got Gurley out of the way.

I think RBBC/no RBBC is dependent on the players...if you have a player that clearly more talented than the others he'll get the lionshare of the work (Gurley) but if you've got 2-3 guys that are equal or have different strengths/weaknesses RBBC makes more sense (current situation).  If one guy starts making plays while the others are struggling that player will get more work.  It's all about winning and production at the end of the day.

I think RBBC/no RBBC is dependent on the players...if you have a player that clearly more talented than the others he'll get the lionshare of the work (Gurley) but if you've got 2-3 guys that are equal or have different strengths/weaknesses RBBC makes more sense (current situation).  If one guy starts making plays while the others are struggling that player will get more work.  It's all about winning and production at the end of the day.
Gurley didn't get the "lionshare" when he was healthy last year, or at the end of 2018 when CJ Anderson and Malcom Brown were getting carries.

Gurley didn't get the "lionshare" when he was healthy last year, or at the end of 2018 when CJ Anderson and Malcom Brown were getting carries.
I guess it depends on your definition of lionshare...last year Gurley had 807 (71%) snaps vs 226 (20%) for Brown and 99 (9%) for Henderson...I consider that a lionshare and not an RBBC....the year before Gurley was hurt which was why Anderson played and he had essentially the same snap dominance before the injury.

I guess it depends on your definition of lionshare...last year Gurley had 807 (71%) snaps vs 226 (20%) for Brown and 99 (9%) for Henderson...I consider that a lionshare and not an RBBC....the year before Gurley was hurt which was why Anderson played and he had essentially the same snap dominance before the injury.
In 2018 when Gurley was deemed healthy, it was the C J Anderson show.

In 2018 when Gurley was deemed healthy, it was the C J Anderson show.
and Gurley got zero snaps in those games.  CJ got 75% of the snaps week 16 and 64% week 17 with Kelly getting the balance.  Just stop, you're wrong.  They may have said he was healthy (no way a coach would lie) but he clearly wasn't.  

and Gurley got zero snaps in those games.  CJ got 75% of the snaps week 16 and 64% week 17 with Kelly getting the balance.  Just stop, you're wrong.  They may have said he was healthy (no way a coach would lie) but he clearly wasn't.  
My point is that I believe McVay likes the RBBC.  If I'm wrong, so be it, but I don't think I am.  Hell, I'm a Henderson and Brown owner, so I wish this thing would sort itself out.  Then when Akers is healthy.....oh my.

My point is that I believe McVay likes the RBBC.  If I'm wrong, so be it, but I don't think I am.
70%+ of the snaps for Gurley during his tenure is not a RBBC in my book...it probably ranks top 5 among RBs over that span in this day and age.  That's not to say it won't be an RBBC this year...I think McVay is smart and is going to try and maximize his assets as best he can.  He doesn't have a sure fire stud so he'll mix and match and see what works best.  

Someone has to clearly outperform the others for it not to be a RBBC IMO. Don't know that Brown can do that despite the week 1 success, but the other two could I think. 

Someone has to clearly outperform the others for it not to be a RBBC IMO. Don't know that Brown can do that despite the week 1 success, but the other two could I think. 
I honestly think Henderson is the best bet if he can avoid injury.  An extra year in the system is an advantage over Cam, and I think he can do more with the carries than Mal.  I still think RBBC, but a 50-30-20 split is a possibility IMHO.

I honestly think Henderson is the best bet if he can avoid injury.  An extra year in the system is an advantage over Cam, and I think he can do more with the carries than Mal.  I still think RBBC, but a 50-30-20 split is a possibility IMHO.
I wouldn’t call that a promising ratio.

Nabbed him on waivers with a $19 bid. Surprisingly, the next highest bid was only $10 and then two $7 bids. This is the same league where owners blew their load for Benny Snell ($42) and Mike Davis ($51!). That to me means no one else wanted to deal with the Rams committee situation, even if Henderson has a halfway decent shot at leading it.
I picked him up at $103 out of 1000.  Only one other person bid on him, but he also bid more on McKinnon so after McKinnon processed I was the only one left.  Hurts cause I could have picked him up for a buck.  It's our first year with FAAB so still hard to gauge how the league mates will bid.

Mike Davis went for $201 and McKinnon for $177.  Devonta Freeman went for free because one guy picked him up before the Monday night game started (smart move, wish I had thought of that).  

I think that Henderson's problem last year was reading zone blocking - he didn't have the patience to let blocks develop.  Hopefully he's figured that out this year - if he has then he should become the lead in the committee.  

Wasnt it perfectly predictable until Gurley could only play part time? Seems like internet garbage to me.

I'm deciding between him and Gibson as my RB2 in a non ppr......I've got Henderson in but I'm kind of leaning towards putting in Gibson.  

If Cam Akers is ruled out, who steps up for fantasy in Week 3?

Excerpt:

With two weeks in the books, Rams’ running backs combined are averaging 33 touches per game, enough for two running backs to be productive. In Week 2, Henderson was the running back who saw the largest jump in production, having the best day of his young career. 

Henderson rushed 12 times for 81 yards and a touchdown while also seeing some passing work, catching two of his three targets for 40 yards and another touchdown. Henderson’s career-day was aided by not only the loss of Akers during the game but also that of Brown, who fractured his left pinky. Brown was a full participant on Thursday, so there should be no worries about him suiting up against the Bills on Sunday.

While the Bills rank as one of the toughest defensive matchups, especially against the rush, we need to use some context. In Week 1, they opened the season against the New York Jets and then played the Miami Dolphins in Week 2. No one should be shocked to see any team highly-ranked after opening up against those teams. The Bills are dealing with their own injury concerns heading into this game as both Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano were limited in practice this week after missing their last game. 

If Cam Akers is ruled out, who becomes the running back to start in fantasy?

I think it has to be Henderson who will be the biggest benefactor this week if Akers is ruled out as we expect to happen. Henderson comes in a lower-end RB2/high-end flex play for me this week, with Brown gaining mid-flex consideration. Maybe it is partially recency bias, but Henderson looked like the player we thought we were getting last year. It also doesn’t hurt that he is the only one not banged up for this game. 

Once Akers returns, the Rams’ running backs return to their hard to predict fantasy status, but for at least one week, we can enjoy what appears the best offense Los Angeles has had in a few years.

This is very true. He looks great. Perhaps some vindication for some in this thread. Clopbeast made a great point- when he was behind Gurley there was a lot of hype, but when he is “behind” Akers there was no hype. That’s bizarre
Well it's one year later and Hendo didn't do much of anything last year, plus they went out and spent a 2nd round pick on Akers, whereas Gurley had a lot of injury concerns, so think those are the reasons.

Johnny B. Goode said:
This is very true. He looks great. Perhaps some vindication for some in this thread. Clopbeast made a great point- when he was behind Gurley there was a lot of hype, but when he is “behind” Akers there was no hype. That’s bizarre
Not bizarre IMHO

when he was behind Gurley, it was like “oh he’s behind Gurley” as in Gurley is a legit star and big name vet.

when he was behind Akers it was like “wow they barely had a camp and Akers has already passed Henderson.”

Users who are viewing this thread