What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Depth for Fantasy Playoffs (1 Viewer)

brownies19

Footballguy
With injuries to Emmanuel Sanders & Christian Kirk, not feeling as great about my WR depth. Nobody is screaming at me as a must add (Josh Reynolds is my 4th WR right now). Feeling strongly about any of these options?

-Jordy Nelson (OAK): He caught 10 balls last weekend after targets of 1, OUT, 1 in the previous 3 weeks. 

-Josh Doctson (WAS): Not completely healthy, but 32 targets and 2 TD's over last 5 weeks

-Taylor Gabriel (CHI): Just dropped this morning so can't pick up; but 17 catches on 24 targets over last weeks with Trubisky sidelined for part of that

-Bruce Ellington (DET): Questionable to play, but 19 catches on 26 targets over last 3 weeks with Marvin Jones out and Golden Tate gone.

-Devante Parker (MIA): 12 catches and a TD on 21 targets in last 3 games

-John Ross (CIN): Touchdowns in 3 straight games before last week dud game. Clearer role with AJ Green out.

-Devin Funchess (CAR): Only 13 catches in his last 5 games

Add Kenny Stills, Robby Anderson and Donte Moncreif to this list. None are going to start barring an injury but also don't want to let the best option out there start for someone else weakened...

Looking at the same...with OBJ out last week, and unsure thus far this week, Im left with only Boyd and Ridley...and I can't trust Ridley.

Looking at Nelson, Samuel (Carolina), Pettis, and Stills.

But would have to drop Calvin Ridley, Mack, Gus Edwards, or Samuels (Pitt) to pick one of them up.  RB depth is ok with SJ, Michel, Ware, Lindsay if I were to lose one of those other backs.

How is Cleveland's secondary against slot receivers? Broncos play the Browns. If slot receivers have a lot of success I'd take DaeSean Hamilton if not possibly Patrick.

I need a WR for the playoffs, I've lost Sanders and Jones Jr.

Anyone have a hot hand for this coming week? I'm all ears.

Tim Patrick, Trent Sherfield, Daesean Hamilton... agree with some previously mentioned: Robby Anderson (7tgts), Moncrief (10 tgts), Ellington and Stills. I’d add the KC reserve WR’s to the list: Conley, Demarcus Robinson and Kelvin Benjamin. Mahomes is too good to ignore them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is crucial to me. My team was fine at receiver until Tate was traded adn AJ Green went down.

Now been starting Lockett and Samuel. With Sutton and Tate not being worth starting I am in desperate need for a receiver to flex this week.  

Ppr league

Foster

Tim Patrick

Moncrief

Tyrell Williams

Kenny Stills

Crabtree

Crowder  

Gallup

Are best out there but everyone has reason to be risky.

Ellington and Coutee out there too but both are hurt.

Any thoughts who has safest floor?

Isaiah McKenzie is someone Evan Silva is specifically tweeting about today. He got four carries this weekend and has moved into the vacated slot Zay Jones was in. Buffalo is trying to get him 6-8 touches it seems. 4.4 speed and top end agility. Unfortunately is the size of an ant. 

Iceman03 said:
Isaiah McKenzie is someone Evan Silva is specifically tweeting about today. He got four carries this weekend and has moved into the vacated slot Zay Jones was in. Buffalo is specifically trying to get him 6-8 touches it seems. 4.4 speed and top end agility. Unfortunately is the size of an ant. 
Plus Buffalo may be down to Marcus Murphy at RB so there's talk McKenzie could be used a bit back there.

CanaBuc said:
This thread is crucial to me. My team was fine at receiver until Tate was traded adn AJ Green went down.

Now been starting Lockett and Samuel. With Sutton and Tate not being worth starting I am in desperate need for a receiver to flex this week.  

Ppr league

Foster - Allen doesn't throw enough and Zay Jones is still the #1. Last week seemed fluky for Foster.

Tim Patrick - would much rather start Sutton than him

Moncrief - wouldn't want to play the "guess which Jags WR has a big day this week" game

Tyrell Williams - maybe, SD vs KC could be a shoot out. probably the safest floor of this group

Kenny Stills - does well with Tannehill but no thanks this week being matched up against Rhodes

Crabtree - Jackson doesn't throw enough

Crowder - no desire to play any Redskins WR with their QB mess

Gallup - looks like the Cooper and Elliott show

Are best out there but everyone has reason to be risky.

Ellington and Coutee out there too but both are hurt. no thanks to either of these. no guarantee Coutee plays, Ellington, if he plays, may get 4-6 rec but no more than 40 yds out of it.

Any thoughts who has safest floor?
Comments in color. I'd much rather go with Tate or Sutton over anyone in this group. Tate had 7, 8, and 8 targets in his 3 previous games prior to last week. I'd write off last week and gamble on him getting at least 7 targets this week. Probably the safest floor of everyone listed too.

I think I may finally cut bait on Alex Collins (Dynasty) for the dart throw Tim Patrick. Foolish?
PPR, short bench, low WR depth? I think yes to any of those and it’s definitely a thought. Guy has a rare size speed combo but that doesn’t guarantee success just means high ceiling.

It is PPR, but I don't need either. I'm just thinking Collins is not going to amount to anything
You would be correct. People have been chasing him for the last two years. Harbaugh just won’t ler him be fantasy relevant.

I picked up Samuels in one league where I lost AJG and Sanders, ugh. 

If Pettis is still available he's the clear play. He's got talent, opportunity (Garcon to IR), had been producing and, while I hate the assumption that divisional games will play out the exact same way the second time around, he did torch the Seahawks last week. (Plus, if we're assuming past performances aren't repeatable, Kittle probably isn't going to be putting up two bills again.)

If he's gone, I think probably Hamilton, especially in PPR. Another decent talent/opportunity combo, plus I think I'd rather have Keenum's slot guy than his big-play outside WR.

Comments in color. I'd much rather go with Tate or Sutton over anyone in this group. Tate had 7, 8, and 8 targets in his 3 previous games prior to last week. I'd write off last week and gamble on him getting at least 7 targets this week. Probably the safest floor of everyone listed too.
Appreciate the analysis but truth is Tate played very few snaps and has had 1 good game as an eagle.

Sutton seems to get no separation and was 3rd in targets last week and has picked up and injury to his thigh and isn't practicing

I picked up Foster. He has 3 of 4 weeks with more than 90 yards receiving. Last game was his first as a starter now that Benjamin's and Holmes' are gone. He responded with 8 targets.  He was used in many short and intermediate route  He is also a their deep threat. Mention today in article by PFF as breakouts and sleepers week 15 and he is mentioned. Finally with McCoy out and Detroit's pass defense currently at or near the bottom

Ranking 24th against wr1 ,30th against wr2 32nd against other WR according to football outsiders.

Think he has highest ceiling with an improving floor given his inner in target share after he moved up the depth chart. 

Users who are viewing this thread