What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total Points vs Playoff H2H (1 Viewer)

Total Points vs H2H vs Other

• Total Points

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • H2H

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Elevencents

Footballguy
Jumping the gun here, and still time for things to change, but it got me to thinking. This could potentially be the third year in a row I am high points in the league and lose first game after the 1st round bye. Just from random reading of the forum I feel as though I have heard about more leagues being total points based. I am in 2 FFPC Best Ball Leagues and they are both total points - one I am in 2nd and the other I am in 1st. I would think the one drawback for total points would be a less exciting end to the season if you are that far ahead but neither is the case in my best ball leagues. I can very much still lose 1st in the one league and 1st is still in reach in the other. However, my main league is on CBS and is H2H and I am on track to put up my lowest point total of the season (Lost Marshawn, Kupp, Manny and OBJ). Thinking it may be time to make the push for total points. 

Interested in your thoughts - pros and cons of total points especially. TIA. 

H2H is random, frustrating, and fun. 
I've run a H2H dyno finishing it's 7th year now. It's actually a very good balance, a controlled chaos.

In our league, I've noticed the same top 4/5 teams fill the playoffs almost each year (with 8 spots), a few other challengers alternate in and out.

As I've always said, it takes skill to build the right roster and make the playoffs, and luck to win a championship.

Unique local 14 team redraft auction. We do victory points regular season still maintain h2h. Playoffs are different - 6 teams advance. Week 13 it’s Seeds 3-6 with top 2 advance to final 4 round robin. Then it’s 3 weeks of all play amongst 4 teams so you can go 3-0,2-1,1-2,0-3 each week. Winner is best record of 9 games followed by points then seed as tiebreakers. Perfect !

I prefer H2H with victory points and doubleheaders to keep a balance of points scored and wins.

Lol had to read the original comment twice to make sure it didn’t say “not” fun

ETA: Hmm quote of a quote didn’t come through. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

:homer:
12 team league all season is H2H with victory points. Top 6 teams make the playoffs and #1 and 2 seeds get a bye in week 13 so teams 3-6 play with top two scores advancing to week 14. In week 14 the #1 and 2 seeds join the two week 13 winners and again top two scoring teams advance to week 16. Obviously H2H for the championship in week 16. You can still obviously get knocked out with a bad week but at least you don't get the bad beat being the second highest scoring team but just happened to play against the highest scoring team.

12 team league all season is H2H with victory points. Top 6 teams make the playoffs and #1 and 2 seeds get a bye in week 13 so teams 3-6 play with top two scores advancing to week 14. In week 14 the #1 and 2 seeds join the two week 13 winners and again top two scoring teams advance to week 16. Obviously H2H for the championship in week 16. You can still obviously get knocked out with a bad week but at least you don't get the bad beat being the second highest scoring team but just happened to play against the highest scoring team.
Oh I like this. 

Users who are viewing this thread