What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (8 Viewers)

couldn't we stop 90% of illegal immigration and also get rid of 90% of current undocumented immigrants by just heavily punishing the employers who give them jobs?  obviously, this would have a drastic affect on the country but Trump supporters don't seem concerned about that anyway.  it wouldn't cost much and would be more effective than a wall.  or do they just want a wall because they can touch it and point to it as a symbol of their hatred and bigotry for all of their ancestors to see?
Yeah, we could handle prostitution better by targeting the johns instead of the prostitutes, too.  We just don't.

couldn't we stop 90% of illegal immigration and also get rid of 90% of current undocumented immigrants by just heavily punishing the employers who give them jobs?  obviously, this would have a drastic affect on the country but Trump supporters don't seem concerned about that anyway.  it wouldn't cost much and would be more effective than a wall.  or do they just want a wall because they can touch it and point to it as a symbol of their hatred and bigotry for all of their ancestors to see?
Trump isn't concerned...He had illegals making his own bed FOR YEARS!!  it's a joke.

which will fail in the senate...that's IF they can get the votes in the House which is by no means a slam dunk...at the end of the day it's Trump signs the CR or the gov't is shut.  Mind you...yesterday Pence sat down with the R's and said if he got a clean CR bill that Trump would sign it....now today he's sad because Fox/Rush are being mean so he then goes back on his word with no clear indication of what he wants and no plan or way to get it.

The deal maker left $25 bill on the table and now gets $0.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the wake of a gov't shutdown, disastrous pull out of Syria...he has the good idea to send this..

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

WATCH: Trump tweets 2005 clip of him singing "Green Acres" theme song http://hill.cm/jvoTscI

Republican Sen. Bob Corker said he’s not surprised that Trump says he won’t sign continuing resolution — and he laughed as he described the situation.

Corker said there is no guidance from leadership about how to move forward on this. He said senators are already heading home, and stressed this is all “elementary relative to” Trump’s decision yesterday to withdraw troops from Syria. 

Here's Corker's full exchange with reporters: 

Corker: “Well Mitch is on the phone with Paul right now so..." *starts chuckling*

Reporter: Why are you laughing? 

Corker: “Well, why not?”

Reporter: Are you surprised by this? 

Corker: “No, not really. I mean look at Syria yesterday... this is elementary relative to the decision made yesterday in such a precipitous way right, I mean you’re talking about a major policy decision made in the same manner right so this is something that whatever happens we all know we’ll move beyond. What happened yesterday in Syria which is a similar kind of decision making process is going to affect things things for the long haul.” 

Reporter: What is the path forward on the CR though? 

Corker: “I don’t know. Y’all have fun. I’m getting ready to drive to Chattanooga.” 

Reporter: What’s the guidance from leadership? 

Corker: “They have no guidance ... I saw senators heading out going home knowing that even if we vote they’re going to give folks time to get back ... I think they’re just sorta swirling around over there” 

Then Ted Cruz walked by and said: “I think we need to follow through with funding for the border”

Corker laughed again: “You can’t make this stuff up” 

Like how he says the border is open to terrorist - does he remember that 9/11 terrorists came in from Canada? By Plane? Where's the Wall on the North? Winter is Coming!!!!

When I first glanced at this title on my phone I thought Trump had ordered torpedoes fired at migrants climbing the wall.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Some House Rs are angry that Trump has given no clarity on what he would sign - and at their leadership for heeding to Trump’s demands. “So what if this puts him in a tough spot,” one GOP member said of passing a clean CR. Other members echo that sentiment.

12:56 PM - 20 Dec 2018

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
can't make it up...

Jonathan Allen‏Verified account @jonallendc

Irony: Shutting down the Homeland Security Department to protect the border.

10:40 AM - 20 Dec 2018

Yeah I doubt that passes the House.  But tell you what, if it does I think the White House should hold a victory party on their lawn, before the Senate gets to consider it. That's been successful in the past. 
If the gateway pundit is saying it...it likely isn’t happening.

Chris Cillizza 

What led Trump to change his mind? To go from an annoyed willingness to keep the government open (and avoid being blamed for the shutdown) to a refusal to do so unless more money for his border wall made it into the legislation?

Here's my working theory:

1. Trump watches and is influenced by a LOT of cable television (we know this from his Twitter feed, in which he quote tweets supportive cable voices)

2. Trump's go-to show is "Fox and Friends," the morning show on Fox News Channel -- his preferred cable TV network (we know this from his Twitter feed too)

3. On Wednesday morning, the hosts of "Fox and Friends" blasted Trump's seeming capitulation on the border wall.

"What a stunning turn of events," said Steve Doocy. "If [Trump] agrees to the [short-term funding resolution] which would continue funding the government at the current levels ... he loses and the Democrats will win everything they want."

Added Ainsley Earhardt: "People who voted for him and want the wall and went to the polls to vote for that wall, they want to know how he's going to do this and they want to know why he seems to be softening his stance this morning."

If you think that criticism didn't impact Trump's thinking on the wall, you don't know Trump. He prizes his political base over all else. And he views "Fox and Friends" as the in-house programming for the base. If "Fox and Friends" is blasting him, Trump knows his base hears it. And he doesn't like to ever get sidewise with his base. (In that, Trump is not totally unique. Most politicians always keep an ear to what their base is thinking and saying. But no president has done that to the extent Trump has.)

Trump - the puppetmaster

He has Democrat's head's ready to explode

Curious how this goes ..... will Democrats cave ? Trump ?   stay tuned ....

The Wall always brought the biggest cheers at his rallies.  He can’t turn his back on it.  He’s lost everyone aside from his hardcore base.  If he loses them too, I mean he’s got no one.

I'm pretty sure the Dems are laughing.  Trump owns the shutdown - he WANTS to own it.  And the Dems know he doesn't have the votes.  I think its the GOP who's in a panic at the moment.
Then he will use a fraction of the military budget.  Why is this being ignored?  He can use it based on national security. 

In addition to the wall he needs to stop immigrants from overstaying their visa and put an end to catch and release.  

I'm pretty sure the Dems are laughing.  Trump owns the shutdown - he WANTS to own it.  And the Dems know he doesn't have the votes.  I think its the GOP who's in a panic at the moment.
who knows - heads are exploding, people are scrambling and the left blames the right, the right blames the left

when has Trump given in on something ?

Trump - the puppetmaster

He has Democrat's head's ready to explode

Curious how this goes ..... will Democrats cave ? Trump ?   stay tuned ....
haha, nice try...dems are cool cucumbers here...Trump looks like a fool...give me the CR, no give me the wall even though i don't have the votes and the majority of senate is out of town.  he played himself out of his $25 bill that he had in the summer...now he gets nada.

Then he will use a fraction of the military budget.  Why is this being ignored?  He can use it based on national security. 
I made this suggestion yesterday.  The Army Corpse of Engineers should be ready and waiting for direction from the Commander in Chief.  

who knows - heads are exploding, people are scrambling and the left blames the right, the right blames the left

I don't think the left is blaming anyone.  Trump asked for it, he's getting it. "It" is the shutdown.

haha, nice try...dems are cool cucumbers here...Trump looks like a fool...give me the CR, no give me the wall even though i don't have the votes and the majority of senate is out of town.  he played himself out of his $25 bill that he had in the summer...now he gets nada.
what fights has Trump lost in 2 years ? can you list a few ?

you clearly aren't watching...the right is blaming the right.  Trump pulled the rug out from his own party because he got sad when Fox/Rush/Ingram called him a loser and a caver...then he changed his mind and wanted the wall which he can't get.  solid poker 

Always underestimating Trump and calling him names.  Isn't this the reason why he's in the office in the first place?  Hasn't the left learned anything since 2016?

its easy enough - Democrats give for the wall, they get many of the things they want - its compromise, its win - win

Democrats do not want Trump to get a wall - they will allow  Govt shutdown first, right ?

Always underestimating Trump and calling him names.  Isn't this the reason why he's in the office in the first place?  Hasn't the left learned anything since 2016?
if you like what you are seeing I don't know what to say.

its easy enough - Democrats give for the wall, they get many of the things they want - its compromise, its win - win

Democrats do not want Trump to get a wall - they will allow  Govt shutdown first, right ?
Precisely what this is about.  They are willing to sacrifice their pet projects which they think are good things for America, over a measly 5 billion.  It's petty.  

the wall, obamacare, muslim ban...the better question is what has he won with all 3 branches?
Obamacare he changed the individual mandate which has trigger a ruling against Obamacare - he's made a win there

there is a travel ban, isn't there?

In addition to the wall he needs to stop immigrants from overstaying their visa and put an end to catch and release.  
Great move. Every Democrat everywhere: "See that Marine that was just killed? It's because the part of the military budget that would have paid for his protection went to pay for the wall. See that fighter jet that just crashed? The part of the military budget that would have repaired it went to the wall."

Precisely what this is about.  They are willing to sacrifice their pet projects which they think are good things for America, over a measly 5 billion.  It's petty.  
5 billion isn't a lot when speaking on spending terms plus look at the jobs it'll give people along the border - think of it as an economic investment

This is a good spin. But I think we all saw it live. 

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck,” Trump declared. “Because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into this country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I won’t blame you for it.”

5 billion isn't a lot when speaking on spending terms plus look at the jobs it'll give people along the border - think of it as an economic investment
why not just light it on fire and keep some people warm...it'll have the same effect....well at least it will keep someone warm for a while.

Great move. Every Democrat everywhere: "See that Marine that was just killed? It's because the part of the military budget that would have paid for his protection went to pay for the wall. See that fighter jet that just crashed? The part of the military budget that would have repaired it went to the wall."
That's ridiculous. 

Users who are viewing this thread