What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (2 Viewers)

above everything else the market needs predictability and stability....the opposite of the President.  Much of this drop over the last several weeks is entirely on him.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Susan Collins almost dropped her handbag as she gestured disbelief at word, delivered to her by reporters, that Trump would not sign the continuing resolution unless border wall money was added. “Did he just say that? Ugh, are you ruining my life,” she asked? @tedbarrettcnn

11:13 AM - 20 Dec 2018

Most senators have already left town. So this means the only option to avoid a shutdown is one that everyone in Senate will accept is the one Trump says he won’t sign

Trump couldn't be more disorganized and without a plan if he tried....it's astounding.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may  have been answered already, but where physically is the wall supposed to go? And what happens to the US property on the other side of the wall?

soon enough we'll be going back to the day he walked in the door....This is the true Trump rally....he was riding Obama's coat tails.
True story: if we lose the same amount of value that we have in the last three months, it would take us back to November, 2016.

Shhh.... there's no problem ceding control of the Rio Grande River to Mexico during a century where water rights are expected to be the most important issue of international relations.
Hmm, hadn't thought of this. Better build it on their side of the river, then they'll have to pay for it! Winning.

Trump couldn't be more disorganized and without a plan if he tried....it's astounding.
Look the Tea Party revolted (which means the base) and Trump saw that and so he’s revolting with them. But I don’t see how this ends in anything but utter embarrassment and defeat for Trump and the GOP. 

Look the Tea Party revolted (which means the base) and Trump saw that and so he’s revolting with them. But I don’t see how this ends in anything but utter embarrassment and defeat for Trump and the GOP. 
that worked well for them...

This may  have been answered already, but where physically is the wall supposed to go? And what happens to the US property on the other side of the wall?
I hear zero-scaping is a popular and aesthetically pleasing option in that portion of the country

I don’t see how this ends in anything but utter embarrassment and defeat for Trump and the GOP. 
It doesn't. The open question is how much the U.S. (and the rest of the world) suffers as a result of attempts to implement all their bad ideas.

Jesse Rodriguez‏Verified account @JesseRodriguez

NBC News: The mood has darkened and Republicans in the House see little chance to avoid a government shutdown over Christmas. @kasie

11:34 AM - 20 Dec 2018

What amazes me is that some of them actually think they’re going to win this, that the Democrats will cave and give them their wall. 

I hear zero-scaping is a popular and aesthetically pleasing option in that portion of the country
Xeriscape. I didn't know that's what it was until I had it done at my house recently. 

ETA: Just saw this on wiki - 

Denver Water coined the term xeriscape in 1981 by combining "landscape" with the Greek prefix xero-, from xeros, meaning dry.[5][6] The term zero-scaping or zeroscaping is sometimes substituted for xeriscaping due to phonetic similarity.[7] When used seriously, zero-scaping usually refers to a different type of low-water landscaping that is often devoid, or nearly devoid of plants.[8][9] Because the term was derived from the Greek root xeros, xeriscaping is sometimes misspelled xeroscaping.

Last edited by a moderator:
What amazes me is that some of them actually think they’re going to win this, that the Democrats will cave and give them their wall. 
the amazing thing is that they had $25 bill for the wall in the summer with DACA relief and the hard right refused....so here we are....even IF the House does narrowly get the votes, it has no chance of passing the Senate...no one has a strategy to move forward....so there will be a shutdown unless Trump signs the CR....it's the only option that will avoid a shutdown.  

#WINNING

Remember the Hastert rule? Ryan still won’t break it. Because it would tear the GOP in half. So the Freedom Caucus basically has veto power until Pelosi takes over. 
It seems like we're gonna be shut down until the next Congress comes in.  To override a veto after that would take all Dems plus 20 Republican senators and 55 Republican Congressmen I think.  Don't see it happening.  

Xeriscape. I didn't know that's what it was until I had it done at my house recently. 

ETA: Just saw this on wiki - 

Denver Water coined the term xeriscape in 1981 by combining "landscape" with the Greek prefix xero-, from xeros, meaning dry.[5][6] The term zero-scaping or zeroscaping is sometimes substituted for xeriscaping due to phonetic similarity.[7] When used seriously, zero-scaping usually refers to a different type of low-water landscaping that is often devoid, or nearly devoid of plants.[8][9] Because the term was derived from the Greek root xeros, xeriscaping is sometimes misspelled xeroscaping.
Well lookie there, my daily “learn something new each day” moment has arrived.  Was fully unaware of both spelling and etymology, always just heard it as zero and assumed it a reference to lack of reliance on heavily water dependent plants.  Neat

“This is not a good situation,” Pat Roberts said, adding 90 percent of the Senate has already left

the amazing thing is that they had $25 bill for the wall in the summer with DACA relief and the hard right refused....so here we are....even IF the House does narrowly get the votes, it has no chance of passing the Senate...no one has a strategy to move forward....so there will be a shutdown unless Trump signs the CR....it's the only option that will avoid a shutdown.  

#WINNING
Not enough discussion of this. Absolutely ridiculous, considering the broad popularity of DACA.  Also an epic screw up from a man who famously declared that deals are his art form. He had victory in the palm of his hand and someone (presumably Miller) talked him out of it because it wasn't cruel enough to brown people.

Not enough discussion of this. Absolutely ridiculous, considering the broad popularity of DACA.  Also an epic screw up from a man who famously declared that deals are his art form. He had victory in the palm of his hand and someone (presumably Miller) talked him out of it because it wasn't cruel enough to brown people.
absolutely....you can't negotiate...they want their cake and eat it too....there is no meet in the middle thus NOTHING gets done.  

Slight tangent, but seems kind of silly given today's technology that we require these people to be in a particular room in order to vote.
I've said the same thing about citizen voting but if it's good for us, it's good for them.

#WINNING
The smart republicans (yes, they're almost an endangered species, but they're still out there) know that the wall is a classic boondoggle, and do not want it to be built.  Actually building the wall means pictures of the wall graffitied, with holes cut through it, and ending in a random spot in the middle of some desert, b/c they'll never build the whole thing.  Actually building it means facing an endless series of stories of cost overruns, accompanied by stats showing it didn't make any difference.  

The smart republicans (yes, they're almost an endangered species, but they're still out there) know that the wall is a classic boondoggle, and do not want it to be built.  Actually building the wall means pictures of the wall graffitied, with holes cut through it, and ending in a random spot in the middle of some desert, b/c they'll never build the whole thing.  Actually building it means facing an endless series of stories of cost overruns, accompanied by stats showing it didn't make any difference.  
I don't think the "Wall" solves everything, but I guarantee you it puts a halt to the caravan problem.   You need a lot more than Walls.  You need to do something about people overstaying their Visas, get rid of catch and release, and utilize technology such as drones. 

like I said...just give every immigrant $10k at the border and tell them to turn around.....that would be good for 2.5 mill people...should last a few years and will be more effective.

I don't think the "Wall" solves everything, but I guarantee you it puts a halt to the caravan problem.   You need a lot more than Walls.  You need to do something about people overstaying their Visas, get rid of catch and release, and utilize technology such as drones. 
Honestly, I laugh at that guarantee.  The caravan recently in the news rolled up to the most heavily guarded section of the border in our entire country, where we already have walls.

couldn't we stop 90% of illegal immigration and also get rid of 90% of current undocumented immigrants by just heavily punishing the employers who give them jobs?  obviously, this would have a drastic affect on the country but Trump supporters don't seem concerned about that anyway.  it wouldn't cost much and would be more effective than a wall.  or do they just want a wall because they can touch it and point to it as a symbol of their hatred and bigotry for all of their ancestors to see?

Users who are viewing this thread