What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daughter has a boy coming over today (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
I guess it's her boyfriend.  I don't really know what the rules are or what I should do.  

Doors closed/open?

Common spaces only?

Optimal shotgun placement?

I guess it's her boyfriend.  I don't really know what the rules are or what I should do.  

Doors closed/open?

Common spaces only?

Optimal shotgun placement?
Rent some large hunting trophies and place them around the house to go with your optimal shotgun placement. This will put the young man at ease.

Doors:  completely removed from hinges and stacked in the garage until said daughter is moved out for college. 

Common spaces: wired for 24/7 sound and video monitoring -- as should all private spaces, the car, that quiet patch of woods a block and half away from the house, etc.

Shotgun placement: ideally placed in both hands as you greet the fella for the first time, positioned anywhere above the fully ammunition-stocked gun belt around your waist and below the mistrusting and slightly disgusted scowl on your face. 

Have the biggest, meanest looking guy you know open the door and introduce him as her overprotective uncle.

So - 14 years ago when now my son-in-law wanted to date my daughter, our rules were main floor only - never could they be left unattended in the upstairs (where the bedrooms were).  After awhile we relented and they could go up to her room - but by then I had removed the doors to the bedrooms.  Midnight was curfew so if he was over and it got close to midnight we sent him packing.  Years later when he asked me if he could propose to my daughter, I gave him the whole "how are you going to provide for my daughter" speech - but made it clear that once they married I had a strict no return policy.  I warned him that she was a handful but he was taking full responsibility for her.  Fortunately he was not swayed - took her off my hands and now we have two beautiful granddaughter sand a grandson on the way in February.  Don't blink - she has a boyfriend now - next thing you know she is married and you are knocking on heaven's door.

So - 14 years ago when now my son-in-law wanted to date my daughter, our rules were main floor only - never could they be left unattended in the upstairs (where the bedrooms were).  After awhile we relented and they could go up to her room - but by then I had removed the doors to the bedrooms.  Midnight was curfew so if he was over and it got close to midnight we sent him packing.  Years later when he asked me if he could propose to my daughter, I gave him the whole "how are you going to provide for my daughter" speech - but made it clear that once they married I had a strict no return policy.  I warned him that she was a handful but he was taking full responsibility for her.  Fortunately he was not swayed - took her off my hands and now we have two beautiful granddaughter sand a grandson on the way in February.  Don't blink - she has a boyfriend now - next thing you know she is married and you are knocking on heaven's door.
Awesome. And the love flows. Nice story.  

:shock: You is a grandpappy?

• Get a tattoo that covers your face, neck and chest.
  • Wear a white tanktop, a pair of black chinos, white socks, slip on sandals, and a Raiders beanie.
  • Mock up an ankle monitor and make sure he sees it.
  • Hire an actor that will let you stab him in front of the kid... not as difficult as you think as most dads of girls will volunteer as long as you volunteer to be stabbed in front of their daughters BF next week.

Either that or trust that you've raised your daughter to be a smart, moral, and trustworthy person who is going to do the right thing.  But definitely doors open.  Trust, but VERIFY.  Definitely VERIFY.

Have the biggest, meanest looking guy you know open the door and introduce him as her overprotective uncle.
There is a scene from Bad Boys 2 that immediately comes to mind. I don't think I should link to it here but I am sure some of you fellas know which one I am talking about :)

There is a scene from Bad Boys 2 that immediately comes to mind. I don't think I should link to it here but I am sure some of you fellas know which one I am talking about :)
I thought of the scene from The Next Karate Kid  where Mr Miyagi is cutting up meat in the kitchen with a cleaver.

Your spidey sense should go off if all they want to do is netflix and chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfff.... any slouch can get a shotgun.  Shark move is to get a crossbow and explain to the young fella that they make no noise.   :football:

A wise man once said to me:

Being a father of 2 boys, I only have to worry about 2 #####, my friends with girls have to worry about ALL of the #####!

:shock: You is a grandpappy?
Yep.  Turned 50 in August.  Have twin granddaughters that will turn 2 in March, and they will welcome home a little brother in February.  My oldest son and his wife also have a little girl that just turned 3 months old yesterday.  My wife and I had our first at 22 (our daughter) - then four boys ages 24, 21, 18, and 16...so I have a feeling we will have LOTS of grandkids.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
Yep.  Turned 50 in August.  Have twin granddaughters that will turn 2 in March, and they will welcome home a little brother in February.  My oldest son and his wife also have a little girl that just turned 3 months old yesterday.  My wife and I had our first at 22 (our daughter) - then four boys ages 24, 21, 18, and 16...so I have a feeling we will have LOTS of grandkids.
You married to @Clown Car?

Kanil said:
  • Get a tattoo that covers your face, neck and chest.
  • Wear a white tanktop, a pair of black chinos, white socks, slip on sandals, and a Raiders beanie.
  • Mock up an ankle monitor and make sure he sees it.
  • Hire an actor that will let you stab him in front of the kid... not as difficult as you think as most dads of girls will volunteer as long as you volunteer to be stabbed in front of their daughters BF next week.

Either that or trust that you've raised your daughter to be a smart, moral, and trustworthy person who is going to do the right thing.  But definitely doors open.  Trust, but VERIFY.  Definitely VERIFY.
I am so doing this

From the other side - my oldest son has known his wife since they attended pre-school together and they were "best friends" since about the age of 7.  When they started Junior High they wanted to date, but her parents were extremely strict and the closest those two could get was sitting next to each other in youth group.  High school rolled around and her parents would allow her to go to dances at his public school only if one parent from each side chaperoned (she was home schooled). Her parents relented the summer between Soph and Jr year and they were allowed to date - but again either a parent had to chaperone or it had to be a mixed group of friends (no one on one dates).  Throughout the remainder of high school and college there were still strict rules about common spaces, no closed doors, etc - but somehow the persevered and got married 3 years ago.  So despite her parents best efforts to thwart the relationship - love found a way. 

My 16 yo daughter just got her first official bf on a school trip and I was there as a chaperone. I knew about it ahead of time. I was cool with him but he was still nervous. Jokingly I still grabbed a handful of his shirt and jacket and told him he better be good to my daughter. He said, “Here we go.” 😂

Since then we’ve had him over to the house twice to hang with us and out to dinner. He’s a good kid but I want to know who he is.

I tell my daughter's boyfriends:  "Most people worry about two things, when they will die and how they will die. If you mess with my daughter, you will only need to worry about one of them." 

Users who are viewing this thread