What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (4 Viewers)

He’s great in our system. Pretty sure he can be great in any system that lets him air it out.

Bad Foles. Bc every QB (excluding maybe TB, Brees, Rodgers) doesn’t have down times? Even Big Ben has looked bad at multiple points in his career, and he’s a HOF QB. And by no means am I saying Nick is a HOF QB, just putting “Bad Foles” into perspective. 

Furthermore, if you multiplied his starts in Philly by 7-8 years, it’s a first ballot HOF career. So this bad Foles they speak of, I’m sorry he doesn’t throw for 400 4/0 a game, but he’s been superb as their starter. 

And then I see the Wentz comparison above (21/7), what were their records this year? You give me stats, what about w/l - Foles beat the NFC Champs on their home turf to help propel them to the playoffs. 

Sure, Wentz appears to have more potential, don’t think anyone refutes that, but the Eagles thrive on Foles.

I hope he finds himself in a similar situation where a team can rally around him. 
Comparing records this year is ridiculous. Eagles struggled mightily in the middle parts of this past season not because of QB play, but because of playing street FAs at CB. They were able to win late in the year not just because Foles played well, but because a couple of those street FAs actually came around to play better, and a couple of other DBs came back from injury. Using W-L record to pump Foles up is ..... ridiculously short sighted.

As we all tend to do, you're giving too much credit (or blame) to the QB for the teams Wins and losses. Foles at times looks terrific, but usually looks pretty average. Hes a great guy, a solid leader, definitely worthy of a lower end franchise deal.

If people weren't making ridiculous claims that the Eagles should keep a journeyman and trade a top three young QB prospect in the entire league (and one who already has an MVP caliber season on his resume), no one would ever say a negative thing about Foles.
This sums it up pretty well. :goodposting:

What is this talk about Wentz is actually a problem? And the team prefers the low key ways of Foles, hmmm?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Yes in OUR system.  What system outside of this one have you seen him thrive in?
1. Andy Reid’s - albeit some of it was in the preseason (but I remember being super impressed with his poise and accuracy).

2. Chip Kelly’s

3. Doug Pederson’s

So ignoring college (where he was obviously very good) he’s thrives in 3 of the 4 NFL systems he’s played in.

Despite all three successes coming as a member of the Eagles (although he played well in relief on the Chiefs also) saying ”OUR” system  is disingenuous since it was under three different coaching staffs - it’s not like there’s some magical “Eagles’ system”.

ETA: and just so there’s no confusion I said earlier in this thread there was close to zero chance the Eagles would choose Foles over Wentz before it became official so this post has nothing to do with Foles v Wentz, I just find it odd how all the Eagles fans come out to try and disparage Foles accomplishments, it seems like they should be the ones celebrating the guy.

1. Andy Reid’s - albeit some of it was in the preseason (but I remember being super impressed with his poise and accuracy).

2. Chip Kelly’s

3. Doug Pederson’s

So ignoring college (where he was obviously very good) he’s thrives in 3 of the 4 NFL systems he’s played in.

Despite all three successes coming as a member of the Eagles (although he played well in relief on the Chiefs also) saying ”OUR” system  is disingenuous since it was under three different coaching staffs - it’s not like there’s some magical “Eagles’ system”.

ETA: and just so there’s no confusion I said earlier in this thread there was close to zero chance the Eagles would choose Foles over Wentz before it became official so this post has nothing to do with Foles v Wentz, I just find it odd how all the Eagles fans come out to try and disparage Foles accomplishments, it seems like they should be the ones celebrating the guy.
His success in Chip's offense was parallel to Chip's success in the league. Started like gangbusters and quickly became very average.  Both had one good year.

And Eagles fans don't disparage Foles' accomplishments. We are just real enough to also add the bad stuff to his resume. He's had plenty of both.

Maybe

We don't know what would have happened if that ball wasn't picked.

We know what happened vs Atl
If Atlanta scores at the end of the game, you are right, we know what happens. If the Agholor/Torry Smith catch is intercepted we don't know what happens because there was still a half to play (and that catch led to a FG not a TD). 

Look, luck plays into every game. The Patriots are lucky that Dee Ford lined up offsides. The Rams are lucky the refs didn't call pass interference. Yet, I am sure you will still call the winner of the Super Bowl the legitimate Super Bowl Champ. Foles took that good luck and had two awesome playoff games on the biggest stage. He then took his opportunity to lead the Eagles late in the season this year to 4 straight must win victories. 3 of which were against 10 win teams, and 2 of those on the road. You don't have to say Nick Foles is a great QB, but if you don't at least concede that he played very clutch and made the most of his opportunities, then I think your Cowboy fan bias is hurting your objectivity.

His success in Chip's offense was parallel to Chip's success in the league. Started like gangbusters and quickly became very average.  Both had one good year.

And Eagles fans don't disparage Foles' accomplishments. We are just real enough to also add the bad stuff to his resume. He's had plenty of both.
:lmao:  You're doing just that, amazingly in this post. You're basically saying his 27/2 year was bc of Chip Kelly, not bc he is a solid QB.

:lmao:  You're doing just that, amazingly in this post.
Being balanced does not mean you ignore the bad stuff.  In fact, it requires you to look at the negatives.  The problem with being disparaging in this context junior noted is that it ignores the positives to effectually amplify the negatives.   

I thought the posting was completely reasonable.

:lmao:  You're doing just that, amazingly in this post. You're basically saying his 27/2 year was bc of Chip Kelly, not bc he is a solid QB.
Wrong.  I'm saying you have to look at his entire body of work. He's had great seasons and awful ones. I consider them all, as well as the factors that may have contributed. Since his Chip Kelly days, Foles has been asked to be the starter one time in his career and he bombed enormously. Guys like you love to act like that season doesn't count because Jeff Fisher was his coach.  Yet, you want to claim that his lone great year, which was 6 years ago and when the league was getting its first look at Chip Kelly's offense, is  supposed to be the real Nick Foles.  Either consider both of those seasons or neither. You can't cherry pick to try to prove a point you've been getting destroyed on.

Being balanced does not mean you ignore the bad stuff.  In fact, it requires you to look at the negatives.  The problem with being disparaging in this context junior noted is that it ignores the positives to effectually amplify the negatives.   

I thought the posting was completely reasonable.
The premise of his post is that his best season was bc a gimmick offense. If that isn't backhanded compliment, I don't what is.

Yet somehow, long after that gimmick offense is out of the league, this guy is a SB MVP.

Wrong.  I'm saying you have to look at his entire body of work. He's had great seasons and awful ones. I consider them all, as well as the factors that may have contributed. Since his Chip Kelly days, Foles has been asked to be the starter one time in his career and he bombed enormously. Guys like you love to act like that season doesn't count because Jeff Fisher was his coach.  Yet, you want to claim that his lone great year, which was 6 years ago and when the league was getting its first look at Chip Kelly's offense, is  supposed to be the real Nick Foles.  Either consider both of those seasons or neither. You can't cherry pick to try to prove a point you've been getting destroyed on.
His lone great year? I'd consider him coming off the pine, lighting it up, and leading a team to a title his lone great year, if you want to narrow it down to one. I'd also consider this year solid, I'd also consider that year with Chip Kelly very good. 

You keep bringing Fisher up - rumblings of Jared Goff being a bust were growing louder under him. He didn't even like Goff. 

To the bold, if that makes you sleep better at night :thumbup:

His lone great year? I'd consider him coming off the pine, lighting it up, and leading a team to a title his lone great year, if you want to narrow it down to one. I'd also consider this year solid, I'd also consider that year with Chip Kelly very good. 

You keep bringing Fisher up - rumblings of Jared Goff being a bust were growing louder under him. He didn't even like Goff. 

To the bold, if that makes you sleep better at night :thumbup:
You did exactly what I accused you of.  Acting like Jeff Fisher was the one misreading defenses and throwing picks.  :lol:   

As for the Super Bowl run, it was pure magic.  But I can't consider a 3 game run to be a 'great year'.  It was 1 good game and two great ones. His 27-2 year in 2013 was certainly not as important, but a definitely his best year.  Foles' regular season games after Wentz' injury were not so good. 

If Foles can get just one NFL GM to put the Fantasycurse blinders on and only consider his 2013 season and three game playoff run in 2017, he's going to be getting about 35 million a year and be the highest paid QB on the planet.  But I tend to think they'll consider his 7 year body of work and offer him about 20 mill.  We'll see who's right. 

The premise of his post is that his best season was bc a gimmick offense. If that isn't backhanded compliment, I don't what is.

Yet somehow, long after that gimmick offense is out of the league, this guy is a SB MVP.
The problem with assessing Foles is one of sample size and a lot of noise in the data.  One cannot fully dismiss Foles as a bum because he has performed well in spots, including a marvelous Super Bowl.  But, to ignore his down stretches is equally dubious.  Fact is, we have spotty data on him.  He’s never started a full season.  He’s been in a mosh mosh of roles.  His SB MVP only provides evidence to the conclusion he’s not a complete stiff.  It does not mean he is an “MVP caliber” player.  One need only look at the history of SB MVPs to draw that obvious conclusion.

The problem with assessing Foles is one of sample size and a lot of noise in the data.  One cannot fully dismiss Foles as a bum because he has performed well in spots, including a marvelous Super Bowl.  But, to ignore his down stretches is equally dubious.  Fact is, we have spotty data on him.  He’s never started a full season.  He’s been in a mosh mosh of roles.  His SB MVP only provides evidence to the conclusion he’s not a complete stiff.  It does not mean he is an “MVP caliber” player.  One need only look at the history of SB MVPs to draw that obvious conclusion.
And if his teams end up being 6-10, it's not going to much matter that he's a great playoff quarterback.

You did exactly what I accused you of.  Acting like Jeff Fisher was the one misreading defenses and throwing picks.  :lol:   
I'm not going to say Foles didn't contribute to his failure with the Rams but isn't it a bit telling to you that the season after Fisher was fired that 3 of the final 4 QBs left in the NFC not only failed under Fisher but looked like total garbage? Heck even Gurley was trash that season.

2. Chip Kelly’s

3. Doug Pederson’s

Again, making an argument where there is none.  We absolutely celebrated and will continue to celebrate the guy.  He's got a damn statue outside of our stadium and will be a hero in Philly for life.  It's not downplaying his accomplishments by being a realist about what his contract likely will be and how he is. 

And lol at "preseason poise".   I hope he crushes it in jax or wherever he ends up, but I don't think he's a top 10 qb in the league.  That makes me a bad fan?  I cheered my heart out for that guy.

I'm not going to say Foles didn't contribute to his failure with the Rams but isn't it a bit telling to you that the season after Fisher was fired that 3 of the final 4 QBs left in the NFC not only failed under Fisher but looked like total garbage? Heck even Gurley was trash that season.
Ya the Fisher thing definitely holds some weight, but its not the only thing.  Truth probably lies in the middle.  Hopefully he doesn't go to another awful coach like that again.

Again, making an argument where there is none.  We absolutely celebrated and will continue to celebrate the guy.  He's got a damn statue outside of our stadium and will be a hero in Philly for life.  It's not downplaying his accomplishments by being a realist about what his contract likely will be and how he is. 

And lol at "preseason poise".   I hope he crushes it in jax or wherever he ends up, but I don't think he's a top 10 qb in the league.  That makes me a bad fan?  I cheered my heart out for that guy.
You’re unable to see if a guy can play in a preseason game? And why be a #### about it?

You’re unable to see if a guy can play in a preseason game? And why be a #### about it?
Not sure how I'm being a #### in the slightest.  Apologies if I was.

Against bench defenses, no not really.  Under Andy in Philly he really wasn't good.  6 tds and 5 ints.  79 passer rating.  Also not very good his final year in Philly before his awful year in LA (agree, a lot had to do with his coach).

We all agree that he played his best football in the clutch these last two years.  Sometimes things just fall certain ways in this league.  Again, if Julio catches that pass, this thread doesn't exist and we likely get him back this offseason for a cheap backup deal. 

The guy will always be celebrated in Philly.  I don't think he's a HOF qb or top 10 in the league, but hey, you're welcome to that opinion.  We'll just have to see how he does next year as a full time starter.  The guy is one of the best dudes in football, I'd rather be 'wrong' and him tear up the league and win the mvp next year (ok, 2nd place in mvp votes to carson ;) ) because he deserves that.

So what is he to you then?  You probably have the same opinion of where he stands as me if you don't think he's top 10. 
My opinions on him is he’s an above average starting QB and he does not have to be a even a top 10 QB to be paid like a top 5 QB (although I’m not sure he’ll crack that) when he hits free agency. I’ve said earlier in the thread I expect he will be paid closer to Kirk Cousins then Case Keenum, assuming he truly becomes a free agent, and I’ll stand by that. It’s all about timing with QB contracts.

I keep seeing Eagles fans in this thread think he’ll only make $20MM a year in free agency (maybe because that’s the option they have on him?) but I think that’s underestimating the market and the fact he’s much better than Case Keenum. Perhaps I’ll end up being wrong but I just don’t see that.

My opinions on him is he’s an above average starting QB and he does not have to be a even a top 10 QB to be paid like a top 5 QB (although I’m not sure he’ll crack that) when he hits free agency. I’ve said earlier in the thread I expect he will be paid closer to Kirk Cousins then Case Keenum, assuming he truly becomes a free agent, and I’ll stand by that. It’s all about timing with QB contracts.

I keep seeing Eagles fans in this thread think he’ll only make $20MM a year in free agency (maybe because that’s the option they have on him?) but I think that’s underestimating the market and the fact he’s much better than Case Keenum. Perhaps I’ll end up being wrong but I just don’t see that.
Keenum bombed this year, but had a great season in Minnesota in 2017. I'm not sure how much better teams will consider Foles than they considered Keenum coming off of last year.

Sometimes I really think people like to criticize Eagles fans because we're, well Eagles fans.  I've seen nothing but realistic expectations for Foles going forward and praise for everything he's done the last 2 seasons.  Yet somehow it Eagles fans being argumentative.  Go figure.

Keenum bombed this year, but had a great season in Minnesota in 2017. I'm not sure how much better teams will consider Foles than they considered Keenum coming off of last year.
In this QB driven league, at least one team is going to throw money at Fokes and their QB issue.  Foles is getting paid.  

Here's the thing, you can win a Super Bowl without an MVP QB. 

I agree there is noise in the data, but a lot of that noise comes from his time under Jeff Fisher. For arguments sake, let's say Jeff Fisher is a QB killer, this is Nick Foles career away from 11 starts under Jeff Fisher:

784 completions / 1244 attempts / 61 TDs / 23 INTs / 9033 Yards / 7.3 Yards Per Attempt / 22 wins & 11 losses (and this doesn't include solid playoff showings).

Those are very strong numbers. Sure, I'm stripping Fisher out, but he is basically a QB killer. I'm not going to chase the data down right now, but the guy is the common denominator when looking at QBs who were either good before/after him and bad when with him. 

My argument isn't Foles > Wentz, but more so, Foles is an above average QB, and with the right deal, you can build a championship team around him. IMO, paying a QB $30-$35mm a year makes it much more difficult to win a Super Bowl. If you pay Nick Foles something like 5/90 and guarantee $72mm, that would be a very team friendly deal. I think based on the market he commands more per year, but with the right pitch, he would ink a deal like that.  

I honestly think when Wentz inks his $33-$35mm a year deal, the Eagles window closes much more. To be an Eagle, I'd bet the guy would play for $16mm a season, which would free up $18mm a year to use elsewhere and build an amazing roster/keep this core in place. Coupled with 6 first round picks (they could prob get 3 first rounders for Wentz) in the next 3 years, the road to another Super Bowl title is better with Foles in that circumstance, imo. Obviously that goes against the herd mentality, but whatever. That's pie in the sky thinking, but just my logic on Nick Foles, a guy who plays his best when the lights are the brightest. If it was just last year, I'd say it could be an anomaly, couple this year when the Eagles were left for dead, I think it starts becoming more of a trend. 

Here's the thing, you can win a Super Bowl without an MVP QB. 

I agree there is noise in the data, but a lot of that noise comes from his time under Jeff Fisher. For arguments sake, let's say Jeff Fisher is a QB killer, this is Nick Foles career away from 11 starts under Jeff Fisher:

784 completions / 1244 attempts / 61 TDs / 23 INTs / 9033 Yards / 7.3 Yards Per Attempt / 22 wins & 11 losses (and this doesn't include solid playoff showings).

Those are very strong numbers. Sure, I'm stripping Fisher out, but he is basically a QB killer. I'm not going to chase the data down right now, but the guy is the common denominator when looking at QBs who were either good before/after him and bad when with him. 

My argument isn't Foles > Wentz, but more so, Foles is an above average QB, and with the right deal, you can build a championship team around him. IMO, paying a QB $30-$35mm a year makes it much more difficult to win a Super Bowl. If you pay Nick Foles something like 5/90 and guarantee $72mm, that would be a very team friendly deal. I think based on the market he commands more per year, but with the right pitch, he would ink a deal like that.  

I honestly think when Wentz inks his $33-$35mm a year deal, the Eagles window closes much more. To be an Eagle, I'd bet the guy would play for $16mm a season, which would free up $18mm a year to use elsewhere and build an amazing roster/keep this core in place. Coupled with 6 first round picks (they could prob get 3 first rounders for Wentz) in the next 3 years, the road to another Super Bowl title is better with Foles in that circumstance, imo. Obviously that goes against the herd mentality, but whatever. That's pie in the sky thinking, but just my logic on Nick Foles, a guy who plays his best when the lights are the brightest. If it was just last year, I'd say it could be an anomaly, couple this year when the Eagles were left for dead, I think it starts becoming more of a trend. 
He threw 3 TDs and 4 INTs this playoff round, with lower percentage and Y/A compared to his career regular season averages.

cobalt_27 said:
He threw 3 TDs and 4 INTs this playoff round, with lower percentage and Y/A compared to his career regular season averages.
He played the best defense in the NFL on their field, and led the game winning TD drive.

One INT the ball was basically stolen from Smallwood and the other (which also could’ve been another game winning TD drive) went right through his WR’s hands. 

Guy is a leader, the team clearly rallied around him, come on!

He played the best defense in the NFL on their field, and led the game winning TD drive.

One INT the ball was basically stolen from Smallwood and the other (which also could’ve been another game winning TD drive) went right through his WR’s hands. 

That was the rallying cry for Tim Tebow and explains why he lasted so long.  

Or how Case Keenum hijacked $36m from the Broncos.

Or how Case Keenum hijacked $36m from the Broncos.
If you're bringing up Tim Tebow in regards to Foles, you've sold all your credibility. Tebow is statistically among the worst QBs, starter or not, to play in the NFL in the past 20 years. The season he went 7-4 as a starter he failed to complete 50% of his passes and averaged 123 yards per game.

If you're bringing up Tim Tebow in regards to Foles, you've sold all your credibility. Tebow is statistically among the worst QBs, starter or not, to play in the NFL in the past 20 years. The season he went 7-4 as a starter he failed to complete 50% of his passes and averaged 123 yards per game.
This is exactly where I netted out from his comment. 

This is exactly where I netted out from his comment. 
Tongue planted firmly in cheek, responding mostly to your comment (“Guy is a leader, the team clearly rallied around him, come on!”) which I thought was delivered in a similar vein.  

Tebow was ridiculous.  A punchline. And so too were the chants about his leadership and the team rallying behind him despite his deficiencies. 

I worry about that sort of narrative, coupled with efforts to explain away deficiencies and even data that don’t fit the narrative by pointing to outside influences and factors.  That’s all.  It gets even professional GMs into making stupid personnel decisions.  

I circle back to I don’t know what Foles is.  He’s not a bum. He’s not an MVP caliber QB either.  But there’s a lot of real estate in between and I think that matters. And it has potentially reckless consequences when you already have an outstanding QB in Wentz that’s being discussed now as trade bait.  That’s all.  

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, responding mostly to your comment (“Guy is a leader, the team clearly rallied around him, come on!”) which I thought was delivered in a similar vein.  

Tebow was ridiculous.  A punchline. And so too were the chants about his leadership and the team rallying behind him despite his deficiencies. 

I worry about that sort of narrative, coupled with efforts to explain away deficiencies and even data that don’t fit the narrative by pointing to outside influences and factors.  That’s all.  It gets even professional GMs into making stupid personnel decisions.  

I circle back to I don’t know what Foles is.  He’s not a bum. He’s not an MVP caliber QB either.  But there’s a lot of real estate in between and I think that matters. And it has potentially reckless consequences when you already have an outstanding QB in Wentz that’s being discussed now as trade bait.  That’s all.  
They're not trading Wentz, but I explained my logic why I think keeping Foles makes sense above. 

If the cap is $190mm and you pay Wentz $34mm a year, he eats up almost 18% of your payroll - it handicaps the team, regardless of how good that one player is. Aaron Rodgers comes to mind, first ballot HOF guy - there is just too much going to him over the next few years, how are they going to improve their team with so much into one guy?

6 first rounders, an extra $15mm in cap space a year, Foles > 3 first rounders, $15mm less in cap space, Wentz... my opinion. I think formula A gives Philly a better shot at another Super Bowl over the next 2-4 years over formula B. 

Let me get this straight.  His last opportunity to be a srarter, which he bombed terribly, doesn't count because of who his coach was.  His recent bad playoff performance doesn't count because one of his interceptions went off a receivers hands and the opponents were really good.  Lol. My God dude. Listen to yourself. You should be his agent. If youre skilled enough to convince teams to recognize his accomplishments but totally overlooked his failures, then you're in the wrong profession. 🤣🤣 

They're not trading Wentz, but I explained my logic why I think keeping Foles makes sense above. 

If the cap is $190mm and you pay Wentz $34mm a year, he eats up almost 18% of your payroll - it handicaps the team, regardless of how good that one player is. Aaron Rodgers comes to mind, first ballot HOF guy - there is just too much going to him over the next few years, how are they going to improve their team with so much into one guy?

6 first rounders, an extra $15mm in cap space a year, Foles > 3 first rounders, $15mm less in cap space, Wentz... my opinion. I think formula A gives Philly a better shot at another Super Bowl over the next 2-4 years over formula B. 
Now this is a totally separate argument. Everyone knows that having a great quarterback on his rookie gives teams a huge advantage. One that goes away when it's time to pay him. but that doesn't mean the Packers were ever looking to trade Aaron Rodgers or the Saints wanted to dump Drew Brees so they could sign a lesser QB for less money.  Eagles aren't even considering a trade for Wentz. Just like the Chiefs aren't looking to dump Mahomes before his rookie deal is up. The Rams aren't trying to get rid of Goff. And Houston isn't looking for Watson's replacement before they have to pay him.  

This scenario wouldn't surprise me at all.

2019 and Foles is starting for some other team, Jags?  Doing just fine, while.....down goes Wentz AGAIN.  Now the Eagles have a problem.

This from Wentz college days.

After starting the first six games of the season and completing 63.7 percent of his passes for a total of 1,454 yards and 16 touchdowns*****, he missed the next eight weeks of the season*********.[21] He returned to practice in the beginning of December and was cleared to play in the national championship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That sort of thing has been Carson Wentz.

This scenario wouldn't surprise me at all.

2019 and Foles is starting for some other team, Jags?  Doing just fine, while.....down goes Wentz AGAIN.  Now the Eagles have a problem.

This from Wentz college days.

After starting the first six games of the season and completing 63.7 percent of his passes for a total of 1,454 yards and 16 touchdowns*****, he missed the next eight weeks of the season*********.[21] He returned to practice in the beginning of December and was cleared to play in the national championship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That sort of thing has been Carson Wentz.
He's a running quarterback who isn't afraid to take on tacklers. Injuries happen to this players. So do extended plays, first downs, and touchdowns. It's the chance you take. Aaron Rodgers gets hurt quite a bit also.  By the way, in the college season you mentioned, Wentz broke his wrist landing awkwardly. 

This scenario also wouldn't surprise me:

Wentz comes back healthy next season and picks up right where he left off in 2017 and is a top quarterback in the league and MVP prospect for years to come. Meanwhile, in Jacksonville, Nick Foles has good games and bad games and ends up being an Alex Smith/Andy Dalton level quarterback. 

He's a running quarterback who isn't afraid to take on tacklers. Injuries happen to this players. So do extended plays, first downs, and touchdowns. It's the chance you take. Aaron Rodgers gets hurt quite a bit also.  By the way, in the college season you mentioned, Wentz broke his wrist landing awkwardly. 

This scenario also wouldn't surprise me:

Wentz comes back healthy next season and picks up right where he left off in 2017 and is a top quarterback in the league and MVP prospect for years to come. Meanwhile, in Jacksonville, Nick Foles has good games and bad games and ends up being an Alex Smith/Andy Dalton level quarterback. 
What QB ....takes on tacklers.....in the NFL?  Yep, nobody.

Rodgers was never hurt at Cal, don't know about his JC days.

Wentz has a history of injury, this is a fact. All we can do now is take a wait and see approach.  I will predict right now, the Eagles will regret letting Foles go.

JuniorNB said:
The team won in 2017 but his season was not great (and he was bad in the playoffs). Zimmerman kept wanting to replace him but Bridgewater just wasn’t ready. His career prior to that was atrocious outside of a three game stretch very early in his career. 

Foles resume and talent are considerably better which is why I think you’re way off base and you’ve been trying way too hard to downplay Foles for some reason.

Maybe things like this are why people in this thread think Eagle fans are going out of their way to disparage Foles?

Tim Tebow? This is the weirdest phenomenon I’ve seen. It’s almost as if the Eagle fans think they can talk the league out of paying him so he has to come crawling back to be their backup QB when he gets no offers.

What QB ....takes on tacklers.....in the NFL?  Yep, nobody.

Rodgers was never hurt at Cal, don't know about his JC days.

Wentz has a history of injury, this is a fact. All we can do now is take a wait and see approach.  I will predict right now, the Eagles will regret letting Foles go.
Hey, if Wentz blows out his other ACL next season and never returns the 2017 form, then that will be a shame. Can't predict injuries.  

But I can 100% promise you that if both stay healthy, not only won't Philadelphia regret letting go of Foles, but these conversations will be lookef back upon as the most hilarious in shark pool history. You're comparing Aaron Rodgers to Eli Manning.

The team won in 2017 but his season was not great (and he was bad in the playoffs). Zimmerman kept wanting to replace him but Bridgewater just wasn’t ready. His career prior to that was atrocious outside of a three game stretch very early in his career. 

Foles resume and talent are considerably better which is why I think you’re way off base and you’ve been trying way too hard to downplay Foles for some reason.
I'm driving so I'm taking this off the top of my head, but I think keenum's 2017 was something like 70% completions with 23 touchdowns and six or seven interceptions. He was very good that year. 

Hey, if Wentz blows out his other ACL next season and never returns the 2017 form, then that will be a shame. Can't predict injuries.  

But I can 100% promise you that if both stay healthy, not only won't Philadelphia regret letting go of Foles, but these conversations will be lookef back upon as the most hilarious in shark pool history. You're comparing Aaron Rodgers to Eli Manning.
This Aaron Rodgers/Eli Manning thing is all on you not me.

My thing is if we look at the career of Carson Wentz we keep seeing one constant..............injury.

I have no idea what he did in HS,  but, have a feeling he was hurt there also. 

Be right back.

He played both ways in HS so forget that.

I'm driving so I'm taking this off the top of my head, but I think keenum's 2017 was something like 70% completions with 23 touchdowns and six or seven interceptions. He was very good that year. 
He had great WRs (one of the best combos in the league) and performed well as a game manager type - he was good enough, but like I said “not great”. If you watched he always looked shaky though and Zimmerman was not comfortable with him at all. He was terrible in the playoffs. He was also an UDFA that bounced along from team to team.

anyway I’m done going around and around on this. I think you’re offbase on your prediction of Case Keenum money but we’ll see.

This Aaron Rodgers/Eli Manning thing is all on you not me.

My thing is if we look at the career of Carson Wentz we keep seeing one constant..............injury.

I have no idea what he did in HS,  but, have a feeling he was hurt there also. 

Be right back.

He played both ways in HS so forget that.
Comparing Nick Foles to Eli Manning is a huge compliment to Foles. He can only hope to one day have the consistency that Eli did during his career. If a team signs Foles this offseason and gets Eli in his prime type performance, they are going to be very happy with the signing. Since it's only going to cost them about 20 million a year.

And if you can't see the Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz comparison, then you must have been in a coma last football season.

He had great WRs (one of the best combos in the league) and performed well as a game manager type - he was good enough, but like I said “not great”. If you watched he always looked shaky though and Zimmerman was not comfortable with him at all. He was terrible in the playoffs. He was also an UDFA that bounced along from team to team.

anyway I’m done going around and around on this. I think you’re offbase on your prediction of Case Keenum money but we’ll see.
Nick Foles is also a guy who's inconsistent and has bounced around from team to team. He played for four teams in four years at one point. Obvious obviously, Foles has something that Keenum doesn't. And that's a Super Bowl ring. which is why I think he'll get a little bit more than Keenum did. I also think he'll get more than two years. Probably three but possibly even four.  Keenum also replaced Nick Foles the last times a teen trusted Foles to be the starter. There's a lot of factors that go into it. Keenum disappointed in Denver this year, but if he'd have had another year like he did in 2017, no one would be considering it an insult that we are comparing Foles to Keenum.

Comparing Nick Foles to Eli Manning is a huge compliment to Foles. He can only hope to one day have the consistency that he lied it during his career. If a team signs Foles this offseason and gets Eli in his prime type performance, they are going to be very happy with the signing. Since it's only going to cost them about 20 million a year.

And if you can't see the Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz comparison, then you must have been in a coma last football season.
You are actually talking Wentz and Aaron Rodgers?  Say it ain't so.

Wentz is on a totally lesser level, and that should be real obvious.

I simply can't see Wentz lasting an NFL season, especially if he takes on tackles like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread