What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (1 Viewer)

You are actually talking Wentz and Aaron Rodgers?  Say it ain't so.

Wentz is on a totally lesser level, and that should be real obvious.

I simply can't see Wentz lasting an NFL season, especially if he takes on tackles like you said.
Go list all of Aaron Rodgers' seasons where he out performed Wentz in 2017. I'll wait. 

Go list all of Aaron Rodgers' seasons where he out performed Wentz in 2017. I'll wait. 
This took a good 20 seconds.

comp% 68.3

yards ...4643

TD/INT...45/6

QB rating....122.5

2017 Wentz

33/7

And Rodgers has had other seasons superior to that.

Where did you get the idea it wasn't going to be like that?

Rodgers has had 7 seasons where his QB rating was better than 101.9. When it comes to yards, comp % not even ballpark, all Rodgers.  What were you thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
This took a good 20 seconds.

comp% 68.3

yards ...4643

TD/INT...45/6

QB rating....122.5

2017 Wentz

33/7

And Rodgers has had other seasons superior to that.

Where did you get the idea it wasn't going to be like that?
Great season. Any others?  You say the two aren't even comparable. I would think every one of Roger's seasons would be better. How many actually were?

Great season. Any others?  You say the two aren't even comparable. I would think every one of Roger's seasons would be better. How many actually were?
How about you take a few seconds and do some homework, ok?  Google....Aaron Rodgers stats...... and look at all those seasons where Rodgers had a superior season to what Wentz had in 2017.

How about you take a few seconds and do some homework, ok?  Google....Aaron Rodgers stats...... and look at all those seasons where Rodgers had a superior season to what Wentz had in 2017.
You're the one that said it was a ridiculous comparison. If you want to go by consistency and how many years they've been great, then you have a point. But if you want to say that Carson's 2017 wasn't Aaron Rodgers worthy, then you failed in a major way. I gave you a chance to prove me wrong. You couldn't do it.

You're the one that said it was a ridiculous comparison. If you want to go by consistency and how many years they've been great, then you have a point. But if you want to say that Carson's 2017 wasn't Aaron Rodgers worthy, then you failed in a major way. I gave you a chance to prove me wrong. You couldn't do it.
Wrong, be right back.

Ok, Wentz had a Comp% 60.2 and a QB rating of 101.9.

Rodgers

2016...65.7/104.2

2014...65.6/112.2.

2013...66.6/101.9

2012...67.2/108.0

2009...64.7/103.2

Now add that other season I mentioned.  That's six seasons better than that 2017 seasons and really not all that close.

Now ya wanna compare Wentz first three seasons vs Russell Wilson?  Trust me, ya don't.

Maybe things like this are why people in this thread think Eagle fans are going out of their way to disparage Foles?

Tim Tebow? This is the weirdest phenomenon I’ve seen. It’s almost as if the Eagle fans think they can talk the league out of paying him so he has to come crawling back to be their backup QB when he gets no offers.
But I’m not an Eagles fan. 

Wrong, be right back.

Rodgers

2016...65.7/104.2

2014...65.6/112.2.

2013...66.6/101.9

2012...67.2/108.0

2009...64.7/103.2

Now add that other season I mentioned.  That's six seasons better than that 2017 seasons and really not all that close.

Now ya wanna compare Wentz first three seasons vs Russell Wilson?  Trust me, ya don't.
So listing QB rating is how you want to judge?  Wentz had a 102.2 rating THIS SEASON.  While playing at about 75% healthy. And everyone thinks he had a bad season.

The harder you try, the more you prove my point.  lol  You should probably go to work. :lol:

So listing QB rating is how you want to judge?  Wentz had a 102.2 rating THIS SEASON.  While playing at about 75% healthy. And everyone thinks he had a bad season.

The harder you try, the more you prove my point.  lol  You should probably go to work. :lol:
How about comp%, all Rodgers

How about yards, all Rodgers.

QB rating....all Rodgers.

You said show you were Rodgers had a better season, right?  Well there you go?  I just showed you.

Here is where you....ok ok I shoud have done my homework.

Aaron Rodgers is on a whole totally higher level than Carson Wentz, not even close.

Compare what Rodgers did his first three seasons as a starter compared to Wentz, trust me you really don't want to.

How about comp%, all Rodgers

How about yards, all Rodgers.

QB rating....all Rodgers.

You said show you were Rodgers had a better season, right?  Well there you go?  I just showed you.

Here is where you....ok ok I shoud have done my homework.

Aaron Rodgers is on a whole totally higher level than Carson Wentz, not even close.
I checked the stats.  Out of 11 seasons as the starter, Aaron Rodgers had two seasons that were better than Wentz' 2017, and 2 others that were equally as good.  And seven seasons where he wasn't as good.

Point proven.

I checked the stats.  Out of 11 seasons as the starter, Aaron Rodgers had two seasons that were better than Wentz' 2017, and 2 others that were equally as good.  And seven seasons where he wasn't as good.

Point proven.
Are you just ignoring comp % and QB rating?  What are you looking at?

Rodgers had a comp % superior to that 60.2 for Wentz 11 seasons.  You ignoring that?

Are you just ignoring comp % and QB rating?  What are you looking at?
Go away troll. You do the same thing in every thread you post in.  You talk in circles. And bore the **** out of everyone. I've already owned you on this. Come back when you have something new to offer.

Go away troll. You do the same thing in every thread you post in.  You talk in circles. And bore the **** out of everyone. I've already owned you on this. Come back when you have something new to offer.
So you were proven wrong and can't deal with it. Here you are ignoring what matters the most which is that comp%/QB rating.

Junior, don't come back until you figure out the game, ok?

Aaron Rodgers is so far superior to Carson Wentz,  how could you not get that?

So you were proven wrong and can't deal with it. Here you are ignoring what matters the most which is that comp%/QB rating.

Junior, don't come back until you figure out the game, ok?
In 2017, Wentz completed 60% of his passes. And had 33 TDs and only 7 interceptions. In only 13 games! Add in the three he lost, and it projects to 40 TDs and 8 interceptions.  In 2018, playing while still recovering from tears in both his ACL and PCL, he looked way less effective. No one would argue that. 21 TDs and 7 interception. But guess what?  He completed 70% of his passes!  According to your movable metrics, he was better in 2018 than in 2017.

You know how many seasons Rodgers had a higher completion % than Wentz did in his 'down' year of 2018?  One.   One season in Aaron Rodgers' career did he have a higher completion percentage than Wentz did this year.   Are you sure you want that to be the standard you use? :lol:   :lol:

In 2017, Wentz completed 60% of his passes. And had 33 TDs and only 7 interceptions. In only 13 games! Add in the three he lost, and it projects to 40 TDs and 8 interceptions.  In 2018, playing while still recovering from tears in both his ACL and PCL, he looked way less effective. No one would argue that. 21 TDs and 7 interception. But guess what?  He completed 70% of his passes!  According to your movable metrics, he was better in 2018 than in 2017.

You know how many seasons Rodgers had a higher completion % than Wentz did in his 'down' year of 2018?  One.   One season in Aaron Rodgers' career did he have a higher completion percentage than Wentz did this year.   Are you sure you want that to be the standard you use? :lol:   :lol:
279 attempts???

You talked about 2017 being this and that and you'd wait while I showed you better seasons by Rodgers, well I did that....right?  What 5/6 better seasons?

Dude, Carson Wentz is no Aaron Rodgers and would love to see you find anyone who thinks he is. Good luck with that.

279 attempts???

You talked about 2017 being this and that and you'd wait while I showed you better seasons by Rodgers, well I did that....right?  What 5/6 better seasons?

Dude, Carson Wentz is no Aaron Rodgers and would love to see you find anyone who thinks he is.
Appears you solidly missed the point.  

Here's where Foles ranks in ANY/A across his entire career compared to QBs who have at least 1000 attempts since 1998.  I think the top number is a lot more relevant to his future than the bottom one, but YMMV.

Either way -- he's at worst a quality starting NFL QB and at best a near-elite NFL QB who's awesome in the locker room and proven under pressure.  And he is going to GET PAID.

Code:
Aaron Rodgers 7.35
Peyton Manning 7.17
Tom Brady 7.13
Drew Brees 7.03
Tony Romo 7.03
Philip Rivers 6.97
Russell Wilson 6.95
Jared Goff 6.85
Matt Ryan 6.82
Nick Foles 6.76 (including playoffs, excluding Jeff Fisher -- 1454 attempts)
Ben Roethlisberger 6.73
Kurt Warner* 6.71
Kirk Cousins 6.69
Dak Prescott 6.56
Matt Schaub 6.44
Andrew Luck 6.42
Jameis Winston 6.35
Rich Gannon 6.31
Carson Wentz 6.31
Nick Foles 6.25 (excluding playoffs, including Jeff Fisher -- 1581 attempts)
Jeff Garcia 6.24
Trent Green 6.24
Carson Palmer 6.22
Andy Dalton 6.17
Matthew Stafford 6.17
Marcus Mariota 6.15
Derek Carr 6.08
Chad Pennington 6.08
Colin Kaepernick 6.07
Cam Newton 6.02

You resorting to a straw man.  

JuniorNB been here a long time and knows what he’s talking about. You’re just spinning in circles at this point. For your sake, I’d let it go. 
And I've seen every Eagles QB since Norm Snead back in the 60's, I think I can hang.

Show me anything even hinting at Carson Wentz on an Aaron Rodgers level, whatcha got? Show me something.

Hell, I can still see little Timmy Brown number 22 juking out would be tacklers as he ran away from them, he could do it all.

Norm Snead the QB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8YlPG6qMFM

279 attempts???

Dude, Carson Wentz is no Aaron Rodgers and would love to see you find anyone who thinks he is. Good luck with that.
As I've stated many times, and you're fully aware but just playing dumb so that you can pretend you have a point, there's no way I'm saying that one MVP-type season brings Wentz to Aaron Rodgers-level status.  My point is, and always has been, that Wentz' 2017 season, which he was the runaway MVP until injury, showed Aaron Rodgers-like potential.  Not only in his numbers, but in his style of play. And, getting back to why we're even talking about Wentz in a Nick Foles thread, no one is signing Nick Foles this offseason thinking they might have the next Aaron Rodgers. But the Eagles, based on 2017, are thinking/hoping that they just might.

Rodgers’s 2011-2014 seasons are off the charts and unparalleled imo.  The rest of his body of work looks about the same if not worse than Wentz’s first couple of seasons.  If he can stay healthy, there are signs he has potential to approach Rodgers.  I think JB made this point and it holds.  

As I've stated many times, and you're fully aware but just playing dumb so that you can pretend you have a point, there's no way I'm saying that one MVP-type season brings Wentz to Aaron Rodgers-level status.  My point is, and always has been, that Wentz' 2017 season, which he was the runaway MVP until injury, showed Aaron Rodgers-like potential.  Not only in his numbers, but in his style of play. And, getting back to why we're even talking about Wentz in a Nick Foles thread, no one is signing Nick Foles this offseason thinking they might have the next Aaron Rodgers. But the Eagles, based on 2017, are thinking/hoping that they just might.
Then why ask to see Rodgers seasons better than that 2017 season which was real easy to do?

So every QB with a good season has Aaron Rodgers potential?  No they don't.  Rodgers is an all time great, Carson Wentz just a kid trying to find his way.

Rodgers’s 2011-2014 seasons are off the charts and unparalleled imo.  The rest of his body of work looks about the same if not worse than Wentz’s first couple of seasons.  If he can stay healthy, there are signs he has potential to approach Rodgers.  I think JB made this point and it holds.  
Well I disagree.

Rodgers is one of the best of all time, that isn't Carson Wentz.

Then why ask to see Rodgers seasons better than that 2017 season which was real easy to do?

So every QB with a good season has Aaron Rodgers potential?  No they don't.  Rodgers is an all time great, Carson Wentz just a kid trying to find his way.
blah blah blah blah

You're flailing at this point. Just concede the loss and walk away

Well I disagree.

Wait!  You mean a guy who has only played three seasons and was only healthy for two, isn't one of the all-time best??    Now THAT is some top notch football observation.  You are truly a fountain of information.  :sleep:

blah blah blah blah

Ever deal in real life guy?  Have a poll and ask this question.....Will Carson Wentz ever be on the level Aaron Rodgers is on today...?

Watch what happens.

Dude, what do you have against what is really going on?

Well I disagree.

When you can make a point without the need to set up a straw man maybe we can have a productive discussion.  At this point what you’re doing is trolling.  

Welcome to the board. 

blah blah blah blah

Wentz kicked ###, but I'd give the decision to Zeno in this slapfest.  I'm not a fan of his posting style, but he brings some good content and brought the numbers to support his stance.

When you can make a point without the need to set up a straw man maybe we can have a productive discussion.  At this point what you’re doing is trolling.  

Welcome to the board. 
He's quickly becoming one of the biggest tools on the board. Argues for the sake of arguing.  When proving wrong, he moves the goalposts. Then tells you about some guy who played in the 60's. Same recipe every thread.  ZZzzzzzzzzz

Welcome to the board. 
Come on guy, trolling is what little kids do, I have grand kids...ok?

Show me any  reason to talk Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz,

Wentz kicked ###, but I'd give the decision to Zeno in this slapfest.  I'm not a fan of his posting style, but he brings some good content and brought the numbers to support his stance.
That Wentz isn't as high on the all-time list as Rodgers?  Sure, he made points in proving an argument that I never made. My point was all about potential.

He's quickly becoming one of the biggest tools on the board. Argues for the sake of arguing.  When proving wrong, he moves the goalposts. Then tells you about some guy who played in the 60's. Same recipe every thread.  ZZzzzzzzzzz
Wrong about what?

What were you right about?

That Wentz isn't as high on the all-time list as Rodgers?  Sure, he made points in proving an argument that I never made. My point was all about potential.
Then you are wrong, he didn't show the potential.  I showed you that.

You will wait for me to find Rodgers with better seasons than that 2017 by Wentz, then when I did, you ignore it...................hahahaha~~~~

Then you are wrong, he didn't show the potential.  I showed you that.
In his second season, he had a season that would have ranked as Rodgers' third or fourth best (out of 11). That may not show Norm Snead-like potential, but I'm quite sure that Eagles brass is quite excited about the future.  :popcorn:

In his second season, he had a season that would have ranked as Rodgers' third or fourth best (out of 11). That may not show Norm Snead-like potential, but I'm quite sure that Eagles brass is quite excited about the future.  :popcorn:
Not sure that 2017 season really ranks with Rodgers top third/fourth at all. 

Do you know who Norm Snead was?

If I;m the Eagles brass I'm worried that we have a guy here who might be injury prone.

Snead

NFL career

He was named to the Pro Bowl on four occasions; in 1962, 1963, 1965, and in 1972, when he led the NFL in completion percentage and was second in passer rating.[7] I

THIS is a Nick Foles thread! Argue via PM. Nobody is paying attention, nobody cares who is “right”, trust me. All I know is there are 2-3 of you who are cluttering this thread with bickering nobody wants to read. 

Comparing Nick Foles to Eli Manning is a huge compliment to Foles. He can only hope to one day have the consistency that Eli did during his career. If a team signs Foles this offseason and gets Eli in his prime type performance, they are going to be very happy with the signing. Since it's only going to cost them about 20 million a year.

And if you can't see the Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz comparison, then you must have been in a coma last football season.

Wrong, be right back.

Rodgers

2016...65.7/104.2

2014...65.6/112.2.

2013...66.6/101.9

2012...67.2/108.0

2009...64.7/103.2

Point proven.

Wait!  You mean a guy who has only played three seasons and was only healthy for two, isn't one of the all-time best??    Now THAT is some top notch football observation.  You are truly a fountain of information.  :sleep:

It's been rather confusing.  I must have missed the "potential" part and focused on "if you can't see the Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz comparison, then you must have been in a coma last football season."  

Regardless, I'm enjoying the debate between you two.  Personally I think you're a better poster than calling him a troll.  If you want to take a poke at him, post some random track clip or Foles running the 40. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWR7TiB-8o

Not sure that 2017 season really ranks with Rodgers top third/fourth at all. 

Do you know who Norm Snead was?

If I;m the Eagles brass I'm worried that we have a guy here who might be injury prone.
I'm not old enough to remember Snead with the eagles, but I remember him with the Giants.

A few fluke injuries don't constitute someone being injury prone.  Tony Romo repeatedly breaking his collarbone was a problem. He curled up the same way when being hit and always landed the same. Someone who constantly has hamstring issues is injury prone.  Someone with repeated foot issues, would be considered injury prone.   But a guy who broke his wrist landing funny in college, tore his ACL?PCL because his leg was hit from both sides at the same time in opposite directions, and a stress crack in his vertebrae from throwing differently due to knee injury, is not something I'm concerned about.  What I AM concerned about is him altering his playing style a bit so he isn't subjecting himself to the kind of hits he takes. Roethlisberger needed to make the same adjustment and did just fine.

It's been rather confusing.  I must have missed the "potential" part and focused on "if you can't see the Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz comparison, then you must have been in a coma last football season."  

Regardless, I'm enjoying the debate between you two.  Personally I think you're a better poster than calling him a troll.  If you want to take a poke at him, post some random track clip or Foles running the 40. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWR7TiB-8o
Nah.  I've seen this guy for a few weeks now. It's the exact same pattern over and over. Yes, he's a troll.  Or maybe a better description is just someone who wants to talk in circles and will keep moving the goalposts rather than concede a point.  Oh well, I'll entertain nhim since fantasy football is over and there are only a few dozen posters who still post in the Shark Pool at this time of year.

Two posts in a row and you offered no Foles discussion.  Perhaps there's nothing to really discuss at the moment. Too late for him to play for the Eagles and too early for teams to make offers.  Care to offer your thoughts on where he'll land and for how much? Or are you happier just whining about what others are posting?

They're not trading Wentz, but I explained my logic why I think keeping Foles makes sense above. 

If the cap is $190mm and you pay Wentz $34mm a year, he eats up almost 18% of your payroll - it handicaps the team, regardless of how good that one player is. Aaron Rodgers comes to mind, first ballot HOF guy - there is just too much going to him over the next few years, how are they going to improve their team with so much into one guy?

6 first rounders, an extra $15mm in cap space a year, Foles > 3 first rounders, $15mm less in cap space, Wentz... my opinion. I think formula A gives Philly a better shot at another Super Bowl over the next 2-4 years over formula B. 
There are quite. few teams who have elite QBs that tie up a significant % of payroll.  You know what the teams with elite QBs have in common?  They're pretty much always in contention for the playoffs.  Personally as a fan, that's what I would want.  GB, as an example, has a ton of deficiencies but they seem to always be in the hunt.  That's because of one guy.

I'm not old enough to remember Snead with the eagles, but I remember him with the Giants.

A few fluke injuries don't constitute someone being injury prone.  Tony Romo repeatedly breaking his collarbone was a problem. He curled up the same way when being hit and always landed the same. Someone who constantly has hamstring issues is injury prone.  Someone with repeated foot issues, would be considered injury prone.   But a guy who broke his wrist landing funny in college, tore his ACL?PCL because his leg was hit from both sides at the same time in opposite directions, and a stress crack in his vertebrae from throwing differently due to knee injury, is not something I'm concerned about.  What I AM concerned about is him altering his playing style a bit so he isn't subjecting himself to the kind of hits he takes. Roethlisberger needed to make the same adjustment and did just fine.
Bottom line is this...

So far we have seen some potential that hints at if the guy can stay healthy he could be a solid NFL QB.  And that really is it.

We can't start talking about any young guy who really hasn't done anything vs an Aaron Rodgers. Come on man.

Nah.  I've seen this guy for a few weeks now. It's the exact same pattern over and over. Yes, he's a troll.  Or maybe a better description is just someone who wants to talk in circles and will keep moving the goalposts rather than concede a point.  Oh well, I'll entertain nhim since fantasy football is over and there are only a few dozen posters who still post in the Shark Pool at this time of year.
First off concede what point?  How about ya start actually paying attention to what is really going on, you are losing these arguments guy....honest.

A Troll?  A guy who has been into this stuff since the late 50's, a troll....hahahahaha?

You can't handle being wrong guy, you start freaking out.

Bottom line is this...

So far we have seen some potential that hints at if the guy can stay healthy he could be a solid NFL QB.  And that really is it.

We can't start talking about any young guy who really hasn't done anything vs an Aaron Rodgers. Come on man.
"solid"?  You have to admit that he's shown potential to be more than that.  I think that's a fair assessment.

First off concede what point?  How about ya start actually paying attention to what is really going on, you are losing these arguments guy....honest.

A Troll?  A guy who has been into this stuff since the late 50's, a troll....hahahahaha?

You can't handle being wrong guy, you start freaking out.
I didn't know that a 70 year old couldn't be a troll.  My bad

"solid"?  You have to admit that he's shown potential to be more than that.  I think that's a fair assessment.
Well actually, we have seen  other QB;s who had a good season early on that never did anything. RGIII, Dak hasn't matched his rookie season. I can find others.

Give the guy a couple seasons where he actually plays and let's see where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread