What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles Landing Spot/Contract Size (Jags, reportedly 4/88 50 guaranteed) (2 Viewers)

Tampa would have been interesting. Foles top choices came down to Tampa Bay and the Eagles after KC had to let him go. He had a relationship with Koetter dating back to being committed to ASU. 

*this is me trying to distract my offspring so you guy can continue the conversation*

Carry on guys

Last edited by a moderator:
He played all 16 games his rookie year.
Ya I don't get the notion that he can "never stay on the field".  He's played in 77% of our games since being drafted, and that includes playoffs.  That ACL tear would have happened to anyone on that play... don't think his body is more 'injury prone' than any others.  He'll be back.

🤣 This is schtick now right? Are you Soulfly? Seriously, are you just really trying to jerk peoples chains with statements like this? 

Can you give me this week’s winning lotto numbers too? 
Dude, you're taking that out of context. Reread the post you quoted. Not just a little part that you parsed out of it.  Here, I'll post it and help you out. Since you seem to be struggling.

"If Wentz' below average year is 70% completion percentage, 21 TDs, 7 interceptions and the league's 7th best quarterback rating, he's going to be a first ballot Hall of famer."

That was in response to a poster saying that Wentz had one good year followed by below average year. Hope this helps. 

Dude, you're taking that out of context. Reread the post you quoted. Not just a little part that you parsed out of it.  Here, I'll post it and help you out. Since you seem to be struggling.

"If Wentz' below average year is 70% completion percentage, 21 TDs, 7 interceptions and the league's 7th best quarterback rating, he's going to be a first ballot Hall of famer."

That was in response to a poster saying that Wentz had one good year followed by below average year. Hope this helps. 
Haha. Ok I see it now. My bad. Relax skippy I’m just busting your stones man. Love the passion!

Funny how the Atlanta win or the Chicago win gets brought up more than losing to Dallas twice(since when is this cool?) and whatever that was vs the Saints.

And, help me understand how anyone has more upside than the guy with the franchises passing records for TDs in a game, yards in a game, accuracy in a game, most efficient season, highest win%, best passer rating, all of the same playoff records, and the lone Super Bowl MVP???  

Wake me up(or bail me out of jail or make sure I didn't hurt myself) when anyone surpasses this resume. Put some respeck on his name

Funny how the Atlanta win or the Chicago win gets brought up more than losing to Dallas twice(since when is this cool?) and whatever that was vs the Saints.

And, help me understand how anyone has more upside than the guy with the franchises passing records for TDs in a game, yards in a game, accuracy in a game, most efficient season, highest win%, best passer rating, all of the same playoff records, and the lone Super Bowl MVP???  

Wake me up(or bail me out of jail or make sure I didn't hurt myself) when anyone surpasses this resume. Put some respeck on his name
You should be his agent  🤣🤣 He'd be signing a 40 million per year contract if he was the all-timer you think he is. 

In reality, he'll be getting half that.  Still a very nice payday for a guy who was benched on the Rams, spent a year as Alex Smith's backup in Kansas City, and was ready to retire.  He's actually a great story. 

Stop making sense man!! 🤣

That’s actually incredible when you see it written out. As much as I love him I never looked at it that way. 

Foles went over 200 yards and two tds (the one it mattered the most) and two picks (one of which was on Smallwood) against the best D in the league on their home turf. 

Last year Foles destroys the Giants, then region is hit with a month of arctic weather. The Oakland game was in minus temps as was the Dallas game the week after where Foles hits Smith in stride for what should have been a long TD but Smith blew it. Then the starters got pulled and it was  all “Foles sucks!” The week after the Atlanta game was frigid too. The week after the weather  broke and he blew the doors off Minnesota and then again blew the doors off of New England winning it all. But let’s keep talking about Tampa Bay this year and the Rams year...I don’t understand it. 

And none of this has anything to do with my opinion of Wentz who could be an alltime great or a “what could have been” story if the injuries continue or he never quite gets back to what he was in2017 which was amazing. We just don’t know yet....

Stop making sense man!! 🤣

That’s actually incredible when you see it written out. As much as I love him I never looked at it that way. 
The thing that keeps him from being considered an elite QB, and what will ultimately prevent him from getting a top QB salary, is his performances when he's not accomplishing those things. His 27/2 year was followed by an average one. We all know about his failure with the Rams. Followed by a back up role with the Chiefs (Alex Smith's isn't exactly a stud). His regular season performance last year and how he played when given the starting role this year are also red flags. He was also one good drive away of losing his Mr Playoffs reputation last week against the Bears. He really didn't  play well up to that point . It's impossible to get a read on the guy.  And when teams are about to write that big check for a franchise quarterback, they want to feel certain about what they're getting. 

Foles went over 200 yards and two tds (the one it mattered the most) and two picks (one of which was on Smallwood) against the best D in the league on their home turf. 

Last year Foles destroys the Giants, then region is hit with a month of arctic weather. The Oakland game was in minus temps as was the Dallas game the week after where Foles hits Smith in stride for what should have been a long TD but Smith blew it. Then the starters got pulled and it was  all “Foles sucks!” The week after the Atlanta game was frigid too. The week after the weather  broke and he blew the doors off Minnesota and then again blew the doors off of New England winning it all. But let’s keep talking about Tampa Bay this year and the Rams year...I don’t understand it. 

And none of this has anything to do with my opinion of Wentz who could be an alltime great or a “what could have been” story if the injuries continue or he never quite gets back to what he was in2017 which was amazing. We just don’t know yet....
My God dude. There's an excuse for every Foles misstep.  His horrible season with the Rams wasn't his fault. It was Fisher's.  His interceptions aren't his fault, it's his receivers.  His terrible games aren't his fault, it's the weather patterns.  He's going to get paid by people who take his whole body of work into consideration.  They aren't going to drool over his good games and pretend the bad ones didn't happen. Which is what you and Shambucks do. He's a top 15 QB and will get paid like one.  Eagles are fortunate to have 2 of the top 15 QB's  in the league. 

My God dude. There's an excuse for every Foles misstep.  His horrible season with the Rams wasn't his fault. It was Fisher's.  His interceptions aren't his fault, it's his receivers.  His terrible games aren't his fault, it's the weather patterns.  He's going to get paid by people who take his whole body of work into consideration.  They aren't going to drool over his good games and pretend the bad ones didn't happen. Which is what you and Shambucks do. He's a top 15 QB and will get paid like one.  Eagles are fortunate to have 2 of the top 15 QB's  in the league. 
But see that’s exactly how you ultimate Wentz defenders come off. It’s all “if and buts” with him. I think the difference in the two camps is the Foles supporters think Wentz is great but there is just concern about him going forward. Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. 

But see that’s exactly how you ultimate Wentz defenders come off. It’s all “if and buts” with him. I think the difference in the two camps is the Foles supporters think Wentz is great but there is just concern about him going forward. Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me. 
Is there concern about Luck?  How about Rodgers?  Luck missed a year and a half with his shoulder. Rodgers broke his collarbone poor shoulder last year in sprained his knee early this year and it wasn't right all season.  I wonder if anyone in their fan base are pushing for the team to phase them out.  Wentz is a child compared to them.  If you want to worry about his health, then you go right ahead.  the team shut him down this year for that very reason. They know he wasn't healthy at all this year. They wanted to give him the extra time to be ready for next season.  Eagles hadn't given up the 4th and 15 play to the Titans, blowing the lead against the Panthers, and miss the extra point in regulation against Dallas and were 8-3 instead of 5-6, Wentz would have never been shut down. Cracked vertebrae or not.  He tore an ACL. On an awkward hit between two players. That doesn't make you injury-prone.  Are Texans fans looking to get rid of Watson? He tore an ACL by taking an awkward step. I'd be much more worried about an injury like that than a contact injury. 

What part of this thread has lead you to believe that people want Wentz “phased out”? I’ve even stuck up for the guy. I think he’s a phenomenal talent but am worried about his future given his Injury history when we have a guy winnng ya titles on hand. It’s a crazy situation I admit. Maybe you think the shoulder injury to Luck or the broken collarbone of Rodgers is equal to a multi ligament knee tear and fractures of the spine but I don’t.

Honestly I’m not even thinking about Wentz when I come in here to defend Foles when guys like YOU go out of your way to cast him as the ultimate yin/yang player but poster after poster including Anarchy show the facts and the facts are his record is as good as Wentz. Not to mention his accomplishments are beyond Wentz despite not having Wentz’s physical measurables. 

Anyway bro, We have about as much of a chance convincing the other he’s right as we do getting each other to switch political parties. We see it differently. It makes the world go ‘round otherwise this would be a pretty boring place. Peace out. 

What part of this thread has lead you to believe that people want Wentz “phased out”? I’ve even stuck up for the guy. I think he’s a phenomenal talent but am worried about his future given his Injury history when we have a guy winnng ya titles on hand. It’s a crazy situation I admit. Maybe you think the shoulder injury to Luck or the broken collarbone of Rodgers is equal to a multi ligament knee tear and fractures of the spine but I don’t.

Honestly I’m not even thinking about Wentz when I come in here to defend Foles when guys like YOU go out of your way to cast him as the ultimate yin/yang player but poster after poster including Anarchy show the facts and the facts are his record is as good as Wentz. Not to mention his accomplishments are beyond Wentz despite not having Wentz’s physical measurables. 

Anyway bro, We have about as much of a chance convincing the other he’s right as we do getting each other to switch political parties. We see it differently. It makes the world go ‘round otherwise this would be a pretty boring place. Peace out. 
Pushing the narrative that Wentz is injury prone but Luck, Rodgers, and Watson aren't.  🤣🤣. Golden. 

Dr. Octopus said:
You’ve repeated this 100 times as a slight of Foles and it’s absolutely ridiculous. You think a QB off the street was going to come in a supplant an established veteran QB that was actually playing very well. Chiefs were a playoff team.
No one expected him to take over the chief's job. Especially after getting benched for Case Keenum in Los Angeles. But it is relevant to his body of work and his accomplishments. Unlike some people here, teams are going to look at his entire career, not just a a few games. 

Dr. Octopus said:
You’ve repeated this 100 times as a slight of Foles and it’s absolutely ridiculous. You think a QB off the street was going to come in a supplant an established veteran QB that was actually playing very well. Chiefs were a playoff team.
:goodposting:

No one expected him to take over the chief's job. Especially after getting benched for Case Keenum in Los Angeles. 
Then his other argument for the last 7 pages, even after @Anarchy99 posted all of the stats for QBs playing before and after Fisher. 

:goodposting:

Then his other argument for the last 7 pages, even after @Anarchy99 posted all of the stats for QBs playing before and after Fisher. 
He had a terrible year with the Rams. Brought in to be their starter and ended up getting benched for Case Keenum. If you think for a second that the owners and general managers in the league are going to just say that season doesn't count because Jeff Fisher was the coach, you're out of your mind.  I'm not sure why you think teams are going to look at his first year under Chip Kelly and then a handful of playoff games, but not all those games in between when making huge financial decision like trying to sign the franchise quarterback.  I realize that some posters here think that anything he does poorly is the fault of the coach, the receivers, or the weather. Unfortunately, the league doesn't give players that luxury.

No one expected him to take over the chief's job. Especially after getting benched for Case Keenum in Los Angeles. But it is relevant to his body of work and his accomplishments. Unlike some people here, teams are going to look at his entire career, not just a a few games. 
What’s the relevance?

and benched for Case Keenum? 3 of the 4 QBs in the final four of the NFC last season were ruined by Jeff Fisher just the two seasons before.

Foles is going to make a boatload on the open market next year - not sure why that’s so upsetting to you.

What’s the relevance?

and benched for Case Keenum? 3 of the 4 QBs in the final four of the NFC were ruined by Jeff Fisher just the two seasons before.

Foles is going to make a boatload on the open market next year - not sure why that’s so upsetting to you.
I agree. He's just not going to make elite QB money.  I hope he gets a ton.  Lol at the thought it will upset me.  He brought us our first ring. He's a Philly legend. 

I agree. He's just not going to make elite QB money.  I hope he gets a ton.  Lol at the thought it will upset me.  He brought us our first ring. He's a Philly legend. 
Well you seem to be arguing strongly and disingenuously against him.

and there’s no such thing as “elite QB money”. In the last 3 years Stafford and then Ryan were the highest paid QBs in the league until Cousins and then Rodgers passed them. Do you think Stafford, Ryan or Cousins are in the top 5 QBs in the league. It’s the timing of when your old contract comes up. Foles will make closer to what Cousins got then what Case Keenum got provided that he is a full fledged free agent and the Eagles don’t pick up his $20MM option.

Well you seem to be arguing strongly and disingenuously against him.

and there’s no such thing as “elite QB money”. In the last 3 years Stafford and then Ryan were the highest paid QBs in the league until Cousins and then Rodgers passed them. Do you think Stafford, Ryan or Cousins are in the top 5 QBs in the league. It’s the timing of when your old contract comes up. Foles will make closer to what Cousins got then what Case Keenum got provided that he is a full fledged free agent and the Eagles don’t pick up his $20MM option.
Only arguing with those who are crazy enough to suggest they resign him and get rid of Wentz. If there was a way to keep both, I'd love it. Unfortunately, one has to go and it's a 100% no brainier. 

Ya I don't get the notion that he can "never stay on the field".  He's played in 77% of our games since being drafted, and that includes playoffs.  That ACL tear would have happened to anyone on that play... don't think his body is more 'injury prone' than any others.  He'll be back.
Ok, he's not on the field when you need him for playoff runs.

BetDSI Odds

Miami +200

Washington +250

Jacksonville +350

Denver +400

Philadelphia +600

NY Giants +1000

Oakland +1500

Carolina +2000

Tampa Bay +2000

There isn't many good starting QB jobs out there.

Mia seems to be going with a defensive HC. 

I don't think he'd join a NFCE rival, but tagging up with Shurmur would be interesting with Odell, Saquan, Engram.

Denver is still the best fit for me to care for Foles in fantasy. They have a good team already and nice young weapons.

Maybe Jacksonville if they also hire DiFilipo. I hope he doesn't just get stuck with Doug Marrone, unless the money is crazy. 

He's laughable at this point. Foles came off the bench twice vs Ind for 2 TDs. Then started vr Jacksonville, as they were on the verge of being "Sacksonville", and won his only start. Pretty much 2-0 and showed he had "IT" still.  

There isn't many clear starting QB jobs out there.

Mia seems to be going with a defensive HC. 

I don't think he'd join a NFCE rival, but tagging up with Shurmur would be interesting with Odell, Saquan, Engram.

Denver is still the best fit for me to care for Foles in fantasy. They have a good team already and nice young weapons.

Maybe Jacksonville if they also hire DiFilipo. I hope he doesn't just get stuck with Doug Marrone, unless the money is crazy. 
 Why on earth would he not?

If someone gives Foles 36M over 2 years they’re going to get what they deserve good and hard.  I’m looking at you, Jacksonville 

Why on earth would he not?
This is just my two cents btw. I have know way of knowing... He owns the Giants. If the money is right then sure. But, he just isn't spiteful like Favre when he signed with Min, or Hue Jackson advising Cin this season. He loves Philly too much to do that. The guy was crying in post-game pressers knowing it could be the last time he wore and Eagles uniform. I also ruled out the Eagles, way before they stated the obvious, because I don't think he would want to take any light from Carson. Relationships are a big deal to him. He also was content retiring, giving his bonus back to the Rams so he could be released, so the money might not even be the biggest motivator. 

This is just my two cents btw. I have know way of knowing... He owns the Giants. If the money is right then sure. But, he just isn't spiteful like Favre when he signed with Min, or Hue Jackson advising Cin this season. He loves Philly too much to do that. The guy was crying in post-game pressers knowing it could be the last time he wore and Eagles uniform. I also ruled out the Eagles, way before they stated the obvious, because I don't think he would want to take any light from Carson. Relationships are a big deal to him. He also was content retiring, giving his bonus back to the Rams so he could be released, so the money might not even be the biggest motivator. 
Google Larry Foles. Nick's ok with the money.

If someone gives Foles 36M over 2 years they’re going to get what they deserve good and hard.  I’m looking at you, Jacksonville 
His worst case scenario right now is 1/25 if the Eagles decide to tag him. 

If he becomes a FA, there isn't a dollar amount I wouldn't wager that says his deal will be worth more than the numbers you quoted. 

Users who are viewing this thread