What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 Oakland (?) Raiders Thread (3 Viewers)

My only concern about Jacobs is that he has not been use to carrying the load in college and carrying the load in the NFL is that much more. The low mileage is great but can he take the hits and not get injured and not run low on gas late in season? Other than that the kid has all the talent to be an effective top 10 back in this league. I don't worry about him not working hard or putting the time in. Mayock is huge on finding the character guys who have an inner drive to excel and win. Mayock doesn't get glazed over by pure talent. It reminds me of his take on a particular mistake of our Raider past...

"This year, I can't get over how good and talented JaMarcus Russell is. It just blew me away. If I had the first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick in that draft, I would be tearing apart his personal life trying to figure out whether or not I could trust this kid with $10-million ... From a physical skill set perspective, I've never seen a college quarterback with more ability than Russell. You put the tape on and it's frightening. The only thing that's going to keep [Russell] from being great is him. What it comes down to is you've got to figure out whether or not this kid wants to be the best quarterback in football. If he wants to be the best quarterback in football, he can be." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock

BoltNlava said:
@Stompin'TomConners    Who do you think is the leader in the AFC West?  Focusing on the D. Who do you fear the most in a one one one battle with the Raiders?
I don't think it is so crazy to call the Dolts a top 5 D.

BoltNlava said:
@Stompin'TomConners    Who do you think is the leader in the AFC West?  Focusing on the D. Who do you fear the most in a one one one battle with the Raiders?
As far as opposing Ds, I think it's close right now between Chargers and Broncos, gun to my head I'd say Chargers. 

Even with the addition of Flacco and Fant and bolstering their line, I think Chargers are more well-rounded on both sides of the ball and their offense still able to keep on the field and keep their D fresh. Adding Tillery and safety depth to an already decent backfield only helps.

The team I feared our D going up against the most used to be the Chiefs, but that team is going to look extremely different this year without Hill and Hunt. Chargers likely have the best offense but the Broncos could surprise.

That said, I think the Raiders are going to be vastly different this year -- might be my yearly rose-colored preseason glasses, but I think the pieces we've added on both sides of the ball will give us a dynamic offense that may not be statistical leaders, but can attack you in multiple ways. I am not as sure about the D at this point but can say we'll definitely be better than we have been.

I don't know what to make out of us looking like we're not picking up Karl Joseph's 5th year option.

On one hand, he's been buried in the depth chart by sub-par talent, hasn't developed to his true potential, and was a bit of Reggie reach.

On the other hand, he's a guy I've been rooting hard for given his hard-nosed style and wearing his heart on his sleeves.

Maybe not picking up the option makes him want to ball his head off and earn an extension. I hope this is the case as while he hasn't been the best, he's definitely brought wood to the yard for us and I'd be sad to see him walk in 2020.

I don't know what to make out of us looking like we're not picking up Karl Joseph's 5th year option.

On one hand, he's been buried in the depth chart by sub-par talent, hasn't developed to his true potential, and was a bit of Reggie reach.

On the other hand, he's a guy I've been rooting hard for given his hard-nosed style and wearing his heart on his sleeves.

Maybe not picking up the option makes him want to ball his head off and earn an extension. I hope this is the case as while he hasn't been the best, he's definitely brought wood to the yard for us and I'd be sad to see him walk in 2020.
I have mixed feelings about this as well.  I also wonder how they will use him, Abram and Joyner and how much they will all be on the field together.  Not sure how much his fifth year option was worth, but if he plays great I suppose they could franchise tag him.

Also, I know you mentioned cap space when talking about signing RBs.  I read an article about teams that could trade for Gerald McCoy and it mentioned that the Raiders have about $31 million in cap space for this year.  I didn't realize it was that high, but with that kind of room cap space wasn't an issue in deciding which RB to bring in.

I read an article about teams that could trade for Gerald McCoy and it mentioned that the Raiders have about $31 million in cap space for this year.
If that's true, we should be looking at a guy like Ansah on a short term deal. If he stays healthy (a big if) he's not so far past prime (like Suh) that there may be some value even if it is a little pricey.

Some other intriguing prospects to consider that are (I believe) still available in FA:

• CB Morris Claiborne -- starter talent and depth, broke out in 2017, and had a career high 14 passes defended last year.
  • OLB Jamie Collins -- not super high on him given his price tag and variable effort, but like his versatility in terms of being able to line up inside and outside, and play in base and as an aggressive blitzing pass rusher off the line.
  • OLB Nick Perry -- rumors have him signing with the Seahawks, but Perry seems like he has gas in the tank with some productive seasons with GB.
  • OLB Shane Ray -- still young and not really productive with the Broncos, but could add cheap depth.
  • G Brandon Fusco/T.J. Lang/Andy Levitre/Earl Watford -- I don't know much about how good or terrible these guys have been over the last year or two but they are vets and have some name brand cache (as much as guards can have name brand cache) that could plug up holes in an area of need.
  • G Ryan Groy/Chance Warmack/Earl Watford/Cole Toner-- again, have no idea how these guys play, but it's the other side of the coin above -- seeking guys 28 and under who might be able to develop further in a new system where they might see more rotational snaps. That said, not sure I trust Cable whatsoever as a guy who can credibly develop a line.
  • DT Danny Shelton -- DT is an area where we have the most depth, but it remains to be seen who shakes out as cream of the crop, so depth can't hurt.

Richie Incognito at Raiders facility today for a work out. WTF. This dude is a great player, but a literal psycho off the field. He is the type that could melt down at any point in the season and burn down the locker room with him. He's Barrett Robbins but way worse. So much for targeting character guys. The real Chucky stands back up, just when I started to regain some confidence in him. SMDH if they actually sign this guy.

Richie Incognito at Raiders facility today for a work out. WTF. This dude is a great player, but a literal psycho off the field. He is the type that could melt down at any point in the season and burn down the locker room with him. He's Barrett Robbins but way worse. So much for targeting character guys. The real Chucky stands back up, just when I started to regain some confidence in him. SMDH if they actually sign this guy.
I agree and can't see how bringing in a guy that is 36, didn't play last year and was recently in a mental health facility is a good idea.

I think you may be missing what this actually tells us. We have Gabe Jackson and...... apparently no confidence in the other G's

I think you may be missing what this actually tells us. We have Gabe Jackson and...... apparently no confidence in the other G's
Exactly, how did it get to the point where we'd consider bringing a 36 year old who didn't play last year. If cap space isn't an issue we should have kept KO. And getting another concussion is probably the worst thing for him since he has a mental health condition.  And as someone with a mental health condition, I find the "psycho" comments in this thread disappointing. 

Apologies for using the term "psycho." Not trying to offend anyone but Incognito. Mental health is a serious problem. Dude's got MAJOR mental health issues. I'd rather not see the Raiders let his mental health problem become theirs.

Word coming out of Dallas is that Cooper's contract negotiations are stalling because his salary demands are "shockingly high." ROFL

Despite nearly all media pointing only to Jacobs and Abram as gauges of the Mack/Cooper deals, it’s not just the draft picks that came out of those deals. It’s the freed salary cap as well. Here’s a better summary of what those trades netted:

Cooper —> Jonathan Abram + Antonio Brown

Mack —> Jonathan Jacobs + Trent Brown + Lamarcus Joyner + contract flexibility*

*Mack’s deal is guaranteed for at least 5 yrs, with no team outs, even for injury, unless major cap hits are absorbed. The Raiders can get out of the Brown deal after two years without a cap hit and out of the Joyner deal after one year without a cap hit. Those contracts are way more team friendly, as they’re essentially a 2 year deal and a 1 year deal, with rolling one-year team-controlled options for up to four years for each player. This contract flexibility means the Mack deal isn't fully determined. If an important free agent comes available in the next few years, the Raiders could cut Brown and/or Joyner to sign him, at that point completing the Mack saga.

FTR, I’d still rather have Mack than what he netted, but to be fair, we need to look at the entire picture, not just the #24 pick. As for Coop, I was lukewarm on that deal when it was made, but it looks genius now that the replacement names have actually been determined.

Is Mayock on vacation or what? Don't they know this is what happens when Gruden is left alone? 

Seriously,  Incognito is a brawler and loves football. That side of his personality is what Gruden probably likes. I'm sure they're just kicking the tires, then moving on til they find the right player(s).

SDJohnny said:
Exactly, how did it get to the point where we'd consider bringing a 36 year old who didn't play last year. If cap space isn't an issue we should have kept KO. And getting another concussion is probably the worst thing for him since he has a mental health condition.  And as someone with a mental health condition, I find the "psycho" comments in this thread disappointing. 
Sorry.  Didn't mean to offend.  Still totally against Incognito.  

SDJohnny said:
I have mental health issues myself but I'm not offended by the use of the word "psycho", but then again I'm not a PC type of person, a psycho is a psycho after all.

https://goldengatesports.com/2019/05/06/oakland-raiders-breakdown-udfa-signings/

(Warning the website has a lot of pop-ups and noise) 

The Oakland Raiders have signed 10 undrafted free agents following the 2019 NFL Draft. Here is a breakdown of each of their UDFA signings to date.

After a disappointing 4-12 season last year, the Oakland Raiders were in desperate need of a mass influx of new, exciting talent. Free agency certainly helped that cause as did their nine total draft picks, but the talent additions haven’t stopped there.

Following the conclusion of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Raiders have officially signed 10 undrafted free agents to further fill out the roster. These 10 players will look to provide competition to their respective position groups and potentially even earn a roster spot in the process.

These players won’t be the highly-touted, premier prospects who you’ll likely see receive significant playing time from day one. Rather, these individuals will have to fight and claw for their success in the NFL.

The Raiders roster has no shortage of former undrafted free agents who have made their marks in the NFL. Look no further than the likes of Jalen Richard and Vontaze Burfict for players who have managed to put together very successful NFL careers after originally going undrafted.

With that, let’s take a look at this year’s crop of Oakland Raiders UDFA’s looking to kick off their underdog NFL careers.

Alec Ingold, FB, Wisconsin

We start off with a classic Jon Gruden signing in Wisconsin fullback Alec Ingold. Ingold worked closely with Gruden at this year’s Senior Bowl and was the only fullback invited to that game and the Scouting Combine.

The Raiders currently have last year’s fullback Keith Smith and Marshall product Ryan Yuracheck under contract but Ingold should be given a very fair chance to make the final 53-man roster. He excels in run blocking and could pair nicely with new running back Josh Jacobs if the Raiders decide that he’s the best fit with the team.

Keelan Doss, WR, UC Davis

The Raiders decided to stay local with one of their undrafted free agent signings and they may have just landed a steal in UC Davis wide receiver Keelan Doss. Projected a fifth-round pick by NFL.com, Doss impressed scouts — and clearly Gruden once again — with his performance at this year’s Senior Bowl.

Prior to that, Doss was an ultra-productive receiver during his time at UC Davis posting a total of 133 receptions for a whopping 2,833 yards over the final two years of his collegiate career. While he lacks breakaway speed, Doss has enough size and athleticism to be a reliable depth receiver with the possibility of sticking around as a big slot option. Doss should be considered one of the more likely UDFA’s to make the roster or at least earn a practice squad spot.

Andre James, OT, UCLA

The Raiders made sure to address the offensive trenches signing a total of four undrafted offensive linemen. A slow, powerful offensive lineman, Andre James could use some bulking up before he could be considered a viable NFL lineman.

James was a college teammate of left tackle Kolton Miller at UCLA but doesn’t have the athleticism that Miller does to project him as a starting tackle in this league. A move to guard could be beneficial and give him the best chance of making the final roster.

Tyler Roemer, OT, San Diego

The Raiders added another local Southern California offensive tackle with San Diego’s Tyler Roemer. Roemer is one of the more intriguing undrafted free agents in that he declared for the draft as just a redshirt sophomore after being suspended from the school for a violation of team rules.

He has the athletic profile to succeed in the NFL and possesses plenty of raw potential, but has a slight frame and brings with him a variety of maturity concerns. Roemer has long-term developmental potential, but will need to improve his technique and overcome any attitude concerns that could inhibit his NFL career.

Lester Cotton Sr., OG, Alabama

The Raiders clearly made it a point of emphasis to add players from big-name, successful schools and Alabama’s Lester Cotton Sr. continued that trend. Cotton is a big-bodied mauler of a guard who blocked for one of the top offensive lines in the country.

While he excels in a power run scheme, he may not be an agile enough mover to play effectively in an NFL zone blocking scheme. Lateral quickness is a major concern but if you’re looking for a mauler who finishes his blocks then Cotton is your guy.

Lukayus McNeil, OG, Louisville

The Raiders finished off their undrafted free agent haul of offensive linemen with Louisville’s Lukayus McNeil. McNeil has an inspiring backstory and is an easy player to root for having once been homeless before turning his life and football career around.

Having started almost every game of his Louisville career, McNeil has plenty of in-game experience and was finally elected as a team captain ahead of his senior season. With the versatility to play both guard and tackle, McNeil could have a shot of sticking around as a depth lineman or practice squad player.

Te’Von Coney, LB, Notre Dame

One of the more surprising players to go undrafted, linebacker Te’Von Coney is probably the most talented, highly-touted undrafted free agent that the Raiders signed. A two-year starter and tackling machine while at Notre Dame, Coney is a prototypical run-stuffing inside linebacker with a physical pedigree.

Coney doesn’t have the highest athletic ceiling and will likely never be a three-down player, but he was one of the best run defending linebackers in this class and projects very well as a two-down run stopper. At the very least, he should be able to contribute significantly on special teams early on. If you’re betting on one player to make the final 53-man roster, make it Coney.

Koa Farmer, LB, Penn State

Contrary to Coney, Penn State’s Koa Farmer is an athletically gifted, but undersized linebacker who likely went undrafted due to his size. His small stature and subpar block-shed ability make it hard to see him having success as a starter but he could turn to special teams to find a role on the team.

The Raiders had success signing another undrafted Penn State linebacker last season in Jason Cabinda who totaled 21 tackles during his rookie season. Oakland will be hoping that lightning strikes twice and they land another promising young special teamer from Happy Valley.

Dylan Mabin, CB, Fordham

The Raiders made sure to address their secondary plenty in the draft, but also felt it would be beneficial to bring in a pair of undrafted cornerbacks to provide additional competition. Fordham’s Dylan Mabin has the ideal size and athleticism that you look for in an NFL cornerback with plenty of experience playing in press coverage, something that should entice defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.

Mabin  also has plenty of experience on special teams and was even once quoted saying “playing special teams is a special privilege.” That should give him a leg up on the competition which means that there’s a fair chance he could find his way on to the final 53-man roster spot or at least earn a practice squad contract.

Keisean Nixon, CB, South Carolina

The final of 10 undrafted free agent signings that the Oakland Raiders made was South Carolina cornerback Keisean Nixon. Nixon was a one-year starter at South Carolina after transferring from Arizona Western junior college.

Due to his small stature — just 5-foot-10, 196 pounds — Nixon will probably be limited to a nickel cornerback role which could hurt his chances of making the team. However, he is considered a strong special teams player which could make up for his lack of size and subpar man coverage skills

I'm really excited about this group, especially, Doss, Cotton,  and Coney.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-undrafted-wr-drawing-rave-reviews-jon-gruden-derek-carr

Raiders undrafted WR drawing rave reviews from Jon Gruden, Derek Carr

By Josh Schrock May 24, 2019 10:46 AM

The Raiders revamped their wide receiving corps this offseason, bringing in Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, J.J. Nelson, Ryan Grant and fifth-round draft pick Hunter Renfrow to help quarterback Derek Carr. 

Brown, Williams and Renfrow will get a lot of attention during organized team activities and minicamp, but there's another receiver who has impressed both head coach Jon Gruden and Carr early on in his NFL career.

Keelan Doss signed with the Raiders after going undrafted out of the University of California-Davis and has the size, ball skills and awareness to make it as a receiver in the NFL.

Gruden likes what he has seen from Doss so far.

"Yeah, we coached Doss in the Senior Bowl and really liked him," Gruden said Tuesday after the first day of OTAs. "I think he's smart. He's athletic and he's got size and I think he's going to be able to compete on special teams, as well. Plus he's from Alameda, so we had to get Doss."

It's a long road for an undrafted rookie to make it to the NFL and stick in the league, but Carr believes Doss is different than a lot of the undrafted rookies he's seen come through Oakland.

"Yeah, I think Keelan is going to be a good player," Carr said. "Obviously, he's a rookie, right? He's got a long way to go. But just watching him you can tell -- he works his tail off and it means something to him. We've had other guys come in here, I've seen undrafted free agents come in here and they are just like, 'Man, I'm in the NFL.' And they are posting pictures of them jogging in a jersey, but they don't really like football. You know? They don't really care. They are just trying to, I guess, show that they have a little influence, that they are a professional football player, when really they haven't made the team yet, so their not, you know? He is not that at all. He is someone, man he doesn't want this to just be a one-time stop. He wants to make a career out of this. And hopefully man, he works his tail off and he does make a career out of it. 

"But that's just the initial reaction I've gotten from him is that it means something to him. And you can win with that."

Doss had a productive career at UC-Davis, finishing his collegiate run with 321 catches for 4,069 yards and 28 touchdowns.

He was expected to be a fourth- or fifth-round draft pick, but a pectoral injury at the combine hurt his training for the 40-yard dash.

Doss impressed during his time at the Senior Bowl, drawing comparisons to a star AFC West receiver.

"The player he reminds of is Keenan Allen," Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy told NBC Sports Bay Area's Scott Bair. "That’s really high praise. You don’t just throw player comparisons out there. It’s rare with NFL teams. Everything has to line up, and I really feel like he’s a good comp for Keenan Allen. How he went undrafted, it really surprised me. We’re not privy to medical info, and he has some injuries dating back to high school, so I don’t know it that scared teams off. Outside of that, the Raiders got a steal.

The 6-foot-2, 211-pound receiver knows how to get open, can win in the red zone and is a polished route-runner. Perhaps the Keenan Allen comparison checks out.

While Doss has a long road ahead of him to make the 53-man roster, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him make the team over some of the other receivers the club brought in this offseason and possibly contribute in 2019.

I could see him sticking ahead of Nelson and Grant. Raiders making use of their Senior Bowl experience.  

Incognito is a Raider.

I hope for him as a person (first and foremost), and the team in general, that he has his mental health challenges figured out.  He could be a nice upgrade at a weak position on the oline, but I'd rather avoid the potential locker room and off the field distraction. 

Incognito is a Raider.

I hope for him as a person (first and foremost), and the team in general, that he has his mental health challenges figured out.  He could be a nice upgrade at a weak position on the oline, but I'd rather avoid the potential locker room and off the field distraction. 
:unlike:

(as in "I don't like this move" not that I don't like your take on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Incognito signing. LG still needed to be addressed. As a person with mental health issues myself, I'm not that concerned about it. As long as he stays on his meds and gets the support he needs no concerns here.

I love the Incognito signing. LG still needed to be addressed. As a person with mental health issues myself, I'm not that concerned about it. As long as he stays on his meds and gets the support he needs no concerns here.
Mayock talked about the signing a bit and commented along the lines of 'we need to support him, so that he can be successful for us'.   It's a one year deal to prove 'it' on and off the field.   Age is getting up there.   But maybe just maybe he can make Cable look good.  PFFFT! (That was a crack at Cable, not Richie)

Last edited by a moderator:
He was very good in pass protection in Buffalo. One year off. Maybe that helps him get the off field stuff straight. Sounds like he is physically good to go. 1 year deal, why not?

I'm ok with it. Best case scenario he fills a need for a year or two and keeps it together. Worst case, he causes problems and gets cut. No harm, no foul. If I remember correctly, if the HC in Miami at the time of Incognito's transgressions, had control of his locker room, things would not have gotten so far out of hand. 

I don't follow Buffalo too much, but I believe he did ok there for a few years. But I could be wrong. 

Bruno2 said:
I'm ok with it. Best case scenario he fills a need for a year or two and keeps it together. Worst case, he causes problems and gets cut. No harm, no foul. If I remember correctly, if the HC in Miami at the time of Incognito's transgressions, had control of his locker room, things would not have gotten so far out of hand. 

I don't follow Buffalo too much, but I believe he did ok there for a few years. But I could be wrong. 
I think it was 3 probowls in 5 seasons with the Bills.  And he would have still been with them last season if he had been willing to take a pay cut. 

I don't understand it either -- surely we weren't that desperate to take such a huge flier on a guy who is definitely on the old side, hasn't had proof of play for the last year+, and where there may be much younger and arguably just as solid guards still in FA (Lang, Levitre, Sitton, Fusco, Warmack, Watford, etc.).

I get that Incognito was super solid with the Bills. I get that players deserve another chance, and am empathetic with someone who has struggled with mental health conditions and related incidents in the past. But this just seems way too much of a risk.

We'll see.

I don't understand it either -- surely we weren't that desperate to take such a huge flier on a guy who is definitely on the old side, hasn't had proof of play for the last year+, and where there may be much younger and arguably just as solid guards still in FA (Lang, Levitre, Sitton, Fusco, Warmack, Watford, etc.).

I get that Incognito was super solid with the Bills. I get that players deserve another chance, and am empathetic with someone who has struggled with mental health conditions and related incidents in the past. But this just seems way too much of a risk.

We'll see.
Just checked out some pictures from today's practice. I think we're making a big deal out of nothing. Looks like Incognito is hiding a beach ball under his jersey. Unless he miraculously gets into shape in the next month or so, I doubt the guy makes the final roster. 

Just checked out some pictures from today's practice. I think we're making a big deal out of nothing. Looks like Incognito is hiding a beach ball under his jersey. Unless he miraculously gets into shape in the next month or so, I doubt the guy makes the final roster. 
He's on offensive lineman he is suppose to have a keg underneath his jersey not a six pack.

Saw that too and while @krsone21 is correct that guards are normally more Tom Arnold than Arnold Schwartzenegger in terms of ab tone, he did look much heavier than he did while on Buffalo. 

My eye test here is meaningless, though -- depends on how this plays out in OTAs and camp. But to your point, if this was simply depth, I don't know why we brought in a guy with these levels of questions and this far rempoved from his last snap instead of a FA who may actually provide better competition and a better shot at making a final roster.

It's not like we're stacked at LG in terms of starter or depth quality, so beggars can't be choosers, but I am not sure why we aren't getting more on board to provide depth and competition than a guy who is way closer to washing out completely than being a bona-fide quality starter.

Saw that too and while @krsone21 is correct that guards are normally more Tom Arnold than Arnold Schwartzenegger in terms of ab tone, he did look much heavier than he did while on Buffalo. 

My eye test here is meaningless, though -- depends on how this plays out in OTAs and camp. But to your point, if this was simply depth, I don't know why we brought in a guy with these levels of questions and this far rempoved from his last snap instead of a FA who may actually provide better competition and a better shot at making a final roster.

It's not like we're stacked at LG in terms of starter or depth quality, so beggars can't be choosers, but I am not sure why we aren't getting more on board to provide depth and competition than a guy who is way closer to washing out completely than being a bona-fide quality starter.
I hear ya. I was trying to poke fun more than anything. I do get the feeling they hope he will lock down a starting guard spot. By the end of training camp I'm sure he'll drop some weight. According to what others have said he did an admirable job in Buffalo. If he can keep his head on straight it might turn out to be a solid signing until they can groom a younger guy to take over. 

I hear ya. I was trying to poke fun more than anything. I do get the feeling they hope he will lock down a starting guard spot. By the end of training camp I'm sure he'll drop some weight. According to what others have said he did an admirable job in Buffalo. If he can keep his head on straight it might turn out to be a solid signing until they can groom a younger guy to take over. 
That's definitely the hope, and we didn't overpay for a 1-year prove it deal.

Maybe I'm different, though -- totally believe that people deserve second chances, and I have empathy for Incognito if his troubles stem from mental health problems that are hard to quantify and sometimes to control.

That said, there is also a point where you burn through your chances and don't deserve that fourth or fifth shot, and you need to take ownership of your issues -- even if they aren't totally under your control, and especially if they affect those around you.

I can't say I believe that Incognito deserves yet another grab at this brass ring (as opposed to less riskier options), or that he's truly taken ownership of all the incidents he's been involved in in the past. Hope he's turned a corner as we need all the bodies we can get for that line.

In what should be a surprise to no one, the Raiders once again travel the most miles of any team in the NFL.  More than 2,000 more than the next closest team and more than 25,000 more than the Jets.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-schedules-by-distance-raiders-hit-the-hardest-by-travel-miles-jets-have-it-easiest/
when the east coast teams play teams in their division that are a few hours bus ride away, vs. the AFC West where the only team *really* in our region is the LA Chargers, there's no way that the west coast, "giant-sized-states" teams don't travel more, just by the realities of how far apart the cities are, right?

when the east coast teams play teams in their division that are a few hours bus ride away, vs. the AFC West where the only team *really* in our region is the LA Chargers, there's no way that the west coast, "giant-sized-states" teams don't travel more, just by the realities of how far apart the cities are, right?
This is definitely part of it. But the other part is that the NFL hates the Raiders.

Similar to the penalties. Much of that is self imposed; but some of it is because the refs are simply human, and most humans I've met who are football fans have extreme feelings about the Raiders at one end or the other.

This is definitely part of it. But the other part is that the NFL hates the Raiders.

Similar to the penalties. Much of that is self imposed; but some of it is because the refs are simply human, and most humans I've met who are football fans have extreme feelings about the Raiders at one end or the other.
I love them. God help me. I wish I could invent a time machine just so I could go back in time and punch little kid me in the face. Pick any other team, #######!

Rumors in Winnipeg is that the local football club will make the official announcement of hosting the Packers and Raiders preseason game.   Thoughts are that it will be on Thursday August 22nd, making it the 3rd week game.

Have also heard that the average ticket price for the game will be in the $200/ticket range.   That's pretty steep.   In comparison, we can buy Blue Bomber (the local CFL Team) season tickets for about $350. Not that I'd want to do that.

I'm a pretty big Raider fan, and I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to pay that kind of money to see a pre-season game.   I'd rather put the money towards a trip to Minnesota to catch the Raiders in a state of the art facility in a game that will matter. 

Rumors in Winnipeg is that the local football club will make the official announcement of hosting the Packers and Raiders preseason game.   Thoughts are that it will be on Thursday August 22nd, making it the 3rd week game.

Have also heard that the average ticket price for the game will be in the $200/ticket range.   That's pretty steep.   In comparison, we can buy Blue Bomber (the local CFL Team) season tickets for about $350. Not that I'd want to do that.

I'm a pretty big Raider fan, and I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to pay that kind of money to see a pre-season game.   I'd rather put the money towards a trip to Minnesota to catch the Raiders in a state of the art facility in a game that will matter. 
Sounds like you are know the correct decision.  

More than a little questionable that the Raiders already traveling by far the most miles would have a home pre-season game in Winnipeg. Tough row to hoe.

More than a little questionable that the Raiders already traveling by far the most miles would have a home pre-season game in Winnipeg. Tough row to hoe.
Seems very odd to me as well.   Wonder if it wasn't a result of the delay and associated challenges with finding a 2019 home field?  The NFL putting the screws to Oakland one final time?  Issues with the facility?  

i told y'all, that warren was fat and out of shape.  he gone!
His criticism coming out of college was that he lacked the drive, motivation, whatever... Need to have elite training to have a chance in the league, especially if you're an undrafted FA. Jalen could have showed him the way. Whatever, next man up

Users who are viewing this thread