What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (2 Viewers)

I like Pierce but it seems like the interim guys give the team a quick shot in the arm but it does not carry over long term.
IMO if they hire someone else we’re looking at another rebuild. No matter what new coaches will bring in players they want and obviously their own coaching staff.
From the outside looking in, it seems AP has created an identity, and the players responded to him for 9 weeks which is more than just the typical interim shot in the arm. The key to keeping AP is also retaining Graham and Champ. Give these 3 dudes a full year to bring in new coaches on offense and draft, mini camps, training camp. Keep the stability of the organization, that’s the #1 problem with this franchise over the past 20 years.

AP brings back that Raider style, swagger and attitude. I liked what I saw and I want him.

If we don't hire him, I will be very disappointed. The only exception to that would be if we hired Harbaugh. But I am firmly in team AP.

The Dolts have asked permission to interview Graham. He will get a good look by more than one team in this hiring cycle.

I wish only good things for him... seems like a solid dude but selfishly, I hope he doesn't get the job and we retain him.

The Dolts have asked permission to interview Graham. He will get a good look by more than one team in this hiring cycle.

I wish only good things for him... seems like a solid dude but selfishly, I hope he doesn't get the job and we retain him.

3rd rd comp pick in 2025 if he gets hired as a HC somewhere. So at least there's that. With the Raiders luck tho, he'll join the Chargers as DC. :/

3rd rd comp pick in 2025 if he gets hired as a HC somewhere. So at least there's that. With the Raiders luck tho, he'll join the Chargers as DC. :/
I imagine if Davis keeps AP as HC that he will also break the bank to keep the Graham and Champ nucleus intact

Last edited:

I think only if we hired Harbaugh or someone else. If he doesn't get a HC job and AP gets our job, he will be back. There were quotes from him about him breaking down in tears because he loved this team or something like that. He seems happy here and I think he works well with AP. AP essentially let him run his defense and stop meddling and screwing things up under a previous HC.

I just hope Davis makes a QUICK decision to keep AP and then lock in Champ and Graham as well so they can’t be poached. And then have a head start going into the off-season program. I can’t imagine Davis going against the public votes of confidence from ex-megastar players like CWood and Marcus Allen. I think/hope these requests for interviews are formalities. Fingers and toes crossed.

I just hope Davis makes a QUICK decision to keep AP and then lock in Champ and Graham as well so they can’t be poached. And then have a head start going into the off-season program. I can’t imagine Davis going against the public votes of confidence from ex-megastar players like CWood and Marcus Allen. I think/hope these requests for interviews are formalities. Fingers and toes crossed.
Yea but what does Brady say? If anyone has Davis ear, I feel like it is him.

We are interviewing a few people for the GM role. Champ has a few interviews with other teams like the Panthers and Commanders. I am not sure about the GM role but I know with the HC role we can not appoint AP as the HC and have to interview at least one other person. We also gave the staff permission to interview elsewhere which seems to indicate that AP is not locked in but on the other hand, this is not AP's staff so it might not be that much of a tipping of the hand.

If Champ gets a GM role elsewhere or if Graham gets hired as a HC, we will get draft compensation.

If Champ gets a GM role elsewhere or if Graham gets hired as a HC, we will get draft compensation.

Yes for the latter.

As for Champ, now that he is interim-GM, I am not sure. The NFL may find a way to deem it a lateral move (you know they love to find any opportunity to stick it to the Raiders).

We are interviewing a few people for the GM role. Champ has a few interviews with other teams like the Panthers and Commanders. I am not sure about the GM role but I know with the HC role we can not appoint AP as the HC and have to interview at least one other person. We also gave the staff permission to interview elsewhere which seems to indicate that AP is not locked in but on the other hand, this is not AP's staff so it might not be that much of a tipping of the hand.

I assume brady is slated for that new role that Mark Davis alluded to in the organization. Someone posted about it in the last few pages of the 2023 thread.(ETA: ha. This is the 2023 thread. Why are folks still posting here :) )

we are in our usual wait-and-see mode as raiders fans since our organization is allergic to stability.

I assume brady is slated for that new role that Mark Davis alluded to in the organization. Someone posted about it in the last few pages of the 2023 thread.(ETA: ha. This is the 2023 thread. Why are folks still posting here :) )

we are in our usual wait-and-see mode as raiders fans since our organization is allergic to stability.
Uh.... because I don't pay attention to things very well

Jacobs is one year removed from looking like the NFL’s best running back and is still just 25 years old. But it’s difficult to project anything but a disappointing free agent contract, especially in a crowded RB market that may include Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, D’Andre Swift, Derrick Henry, and others.
I think they tell him they want him back but can't do the FT. Go hit the market, get your offfers, come back, and we'll beat the best by 20%. RB are so hosed right now I don't see him getting more than 7-8M a year on the market. He's worth 9M to us for the continuity and the message that we're in it to win it.
Jacobs is gone. It is too easy to find a decent RB.

I'm curious to see how it plays out. I am starting to think that the RBs are seeing the writing on the wall and may start having their salary expectations/demands come into line with how the league sees the position. Have to wonder if Jacobs doesn't end up feeling that he won't be able to make more elsewhere, maybe the pending coaching decision plays into that as well. When Jacobs was healthy, AP made his role a priority.
I mean how many millions is enough ? Jacobs is rich beyond his dreams , at some point its the situation thats important , being happy at your job and with the people you work with and happy with your boss .
Bruh needs a vasectomy.

O'Connell is a very accurate QB. He has shown me that he is intelligent and has a high football IQ. That is the kind of stuff that made Brady and Brees greats. Am I saying he can be that same level? Not really. But that is the type of QB he is.

He has an adequate arm and he is one of the least mobile QB's in the NFL right now. Arm strength and mobility. These are the sexy things that the average fan wants to see because it is flashy. He is average or sucky in them. So, he will get lot's of downgrades just because of that.

I will say this.... if O'Connell was in SF and Purdy was with us. I think O'Connell would be lighting it up even more than Purdy is and Purdy would struggle more than O'Connell has. My point isn't to bash Purdy or even to say O'Connell is the answer for us but that the right system using his strengths can flourish in the NFL.
When I watch super trooper, His misses seem so bad. Like no wr in the screen bad. Is it route running? Miscommunication? Throw aways? At least 3 or 4 times a game I say, what the hell was that? And the plodding is mind boggling. He makes wilson look like tyreek. Even when he handing the ball off, he looks like slow.

When I watch super trooper, His misses seem so bad. Like no wr in the screen bad. Is it route running? Miscommunication? Throw aways? At least 3 or 4 times a game I say, what the hell was that?
Combo of:
- Miscommunication/Misunderstanding - bad routes sometimes, misaligned reads on option routes most times - this I have little worries about for now, given experience/preparation;
- Throw Aways - when you can't scramble, and the play breaks down, you gotta chuck it away - some concern here, as mobility/escapability is a big part of modern NFL QB'ing; that said, I'll take the throw aways over INTs for now, until AOC develops the ability to make better pre-snap reads and quicker decisions post-snap.
- Bad Throws - AOC is super accurate when he can plant/step; not as much when he has to throw off-platform, which again is a direct function his lack of mobility and not getting the ball out quickly enough (yet). The latter issue must be solved in future years.

And the plodding is mind boggling.
He needs to speed up his processor post-snap, which begins with better reads pre-snap. Is he capable? I don't know. This season wasn't a good arbiter of that question, given he did not have a starter's offseason, was a rookie, had a bad OL, and was dealing with a generally broken offense. Next year, if given a proper OC/system and better pass pro, I would expect drastic processing improvement. If not, *then* I'd be more ready to write him off.

For now, he remains very intriguing as a potential future starter b/c he has moxie and throws a beautiful, accurate, very catchable ball at all three levels when he's in rhythm. Rookies are expected to show flashes. He did plenty. And despite that Vikings game **** show, he finished 8-0 TD/Int in the last four games. That's enough for me *for now* to want to see more before completely moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread