What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

Most plays for zero or negative yards (sacks + TFL + stops) amongst DL:

1. Maxx Crosby: 85.5
2. Danielle Hunter: 82.5
T-3. Khalil Mack / TJ Watt: 75
4. Myles Garrett: 64
5. Trey Hendrickson: 59

That should be your DPOY right there.

Did ya'll see Mr. Swift's comments about the game? Instead of saying what actually happened where the Raiders punched them in the mouth, knocked them down and didn't let them get up.... he said they gifted the Raiders the win. No, you whiny brat, you got beat.

I have heard reports of players have been celebrating on the strip this week. So yeah, I expect a trap game.

If AP gets them up to play this week, it will impressive
Link?
I heard Steve Fezzik mention it on the Even Money podcast, and it was also mentioned on VSIN.
i found what you heard here

What steve is alluding to is he ''thinks'' the Raiders will be all partied out from the big win vs KC , he says he sees Raiders out all the time going from club to club in Vegas . Whats he doing out at the clubs himself ??? lol

Sounds presumptuous

I have heard reports of players have been celebrating on the strip this week. So yeah, I expect a trap game.

Link?
I heard Steve Fezzik mention it on the Even Money podcast, and it was also mentioned on VSIN.

What steve is alluding to is he ''thinks'' the Raiders will be all partied out from the big win vs KC , he says he sees Raiders out all the time going from club to club in Vegas . Whats he doing out at the clubs himself ??? lol

Sounds presumptuous
meh...one of the reasons i became a raider fan were the stories of stabler, reeking of jack daniels, leading them to victory :lmao:

Link?

Sounds presumptuous
meh...one of the reasons i became a raider fan were the stories of stabler, reeking of jack daniels, leading them to victory :lmao:
100 %

Partying with the Oakland chapter of the Hells angels for example

Link?

Sounds presumptuous
“Studying” the playbook by the light of a jukebox is the story I read in a great book for Raider fans called Bada$$es.

Link?

Sounds presumptuous
“Studying” the playbook by the light of a jukebox is the story I read in a great book for Raider fans called Bada$$es.
When janikowski stopped partying his play declined

Link?

Sounds presumptuous
When janikowski stopped partying his play declined
nothing worse than a sober kicker

This will prob trigger some but I just saw this...

Wilson vs Carter since Wilson has moved inside:

Wilson
13 pressures
1.5 sacks
3 QB hits
5 stops

Carter
3 pressures
1 sack
2 QB hits
3 stops
Is there a snap count? Thought I heard he hasn’t been playing as much this end of the season

Wilson
13 pressures
1.5 sacks
3 QB hits
5 stops

Carter
3 pressures
1 sack
2 QB hits
3 stops
This is a fantastic post. Get the best performers on the field regardless of position, especially In the “front 7” (if that’s even a thing anymore).

Wilson
13 pressures
1.5 sacks
3 QB hits
5 stops

Carter
3 pressures
1 sack
2 QB hits
3 stops
Trigger what? AP and PG found something that works with this slow as molasses DE. Thank god. Maybe he starts his Mississippi count earlier when he’s inside. ;). :pickle:

Is there a snap count? Thought I heard he hasn’t been playing as much this end of the season
Wilson snap count way up last two weeks.
Carter's has dropped the last few weeks. Think I read on Twitter he might be getting less snaps because he's made some mental mistakes, but dunno for sure.

If Wilson finds life as a DT, maybe DeForest Buckner style? Lovely.

Wilson snap count way up last two weeks.
Carter's has dropped the last few weeks. Think I read on Twitter he might be getting less snaps because he's made some mental mistakes, but dunno for sure.

If Wilson finds life as a DT, maybe DeForest Buckner style? Lovely.
I don't think he is or can be a dedicated DT. 275 pounds is very light to be DT but that said, Aaron Donald is only 280, so it is possible but there is 5 inches of frame difference along with those 5 pounds.

I think he can and has been moving inside on passing downs and give Koonce a break on the outside (Maxx doesn't take snaps off). He is filling that pressure up the middle role though which I think we can see is benefiting Koonce a ton. I think Maxx will benefit as well but he just isn't 100% right now and likely will not be until next year.

I don't follow the Eagles so I have no idea about Carter but Wilson had 57% of the defensive snaps and has been seeing his usage increase as he picks up the defense and is able to learn the multiple roles.

Just another piece that has or is coming togther that has turned the Raider defense into a monster.

These days, if you are an end on running plays, and move inside on passing downs, you are a DT.

You are a DT that plays DE occasionally. Just the nature of the game now.
If you "move" inside, that means you're a DE that "moves" to another spot to pass rush. Just the nature of the game now.

Do the Raiders need to beat Denver last week for AP to keep the job? Ugh. Why couldn’t they just pull it off this week?!

Do the Raiders need to beat Denver last week for AP to keep the job? Ugh. Why couldn’t they just pull it off this week?!
I think he’s probably won the job already just on leadership alone. What’s his and Champ’s (or new GM’s) plan at QB and the offense next year? If they retain PG the defense and special teams are there. Fix the offense. That should be priority #1.

I think he’s probably won the job already just on leadership alone. What’s his and Champ’s (or new GM’s) plan at QB and the offense next year? If they retain PG the defense and special teams are there. Fix the offense. That should be priority #1.
So crazy how the script has flipped so quickly this year. The O was fine, it was the D that was the #1 priority. Life as a Raiders fan.

Who the hell knows when it comes to Mork. I haven’t watched the game yet, but the score indicates it was competitive. That in itself, is an accomplishment given the Raiders were coming off an emotional win, and they have traditionally done poorly playing back east in early games.

100% NOT offside. Ended the Raiders season. Sounds about right.
You can't tell anything from that pic come on
its not a pic its a GIF ,and Jones moves at the exact same time the center hikes the ball. Looks like he times it TOO perfectly for the refs taste
I think he’s saying that we need a side view to know if he was offsides to begin with.
I didn’t see it live so I don’t know.

I don't know for sure if he was offside, but that's now three plays that have essentially ended games and no replay was showed. Two of them were turnovers that should have been reviewed by the refs. They show almost every other close play multiple times on the broadcast during games.

Draft position currently #11, can finish anywhere from #8 to #14. If any of these teams win and we lose we move ahead of them:

8. NJY
9. ATL
10. CHI

If we win and any of these teams lose we move behind them:

12. MIN
13. NOS
14. DEN

We play DEN so we're likely 12-14.

I don't know for sure if he was offside, but that's now three plays that have essentially ended games and no replay was showed. Two of them were turnovers that should have been reviewed by the refs. They show almost every other close play multiple times on the broadcast during games.
Did you have the broadcast where you were? I don't get any unless they are prime time games. Wish I did because they usually show the play from the side view live and I could have just whipped out the DVR and looked. Officiating has been horrible and the NFL doesn't care because we are suckers and give them $12B a year for a ****ty product. Detroit got completely hosed, you can see where the OL went over to report eligible but the referee just assumed Decker was indicating only the other dude was reporting.

Did you have the broadcast where you were? I don't get any unless they are prime time games. Wish I did because they usually show the play from the side view live and I could have just whipped out the DVR and looked. Officiating has been horrible and the NFL doesn't care because we are suckers and give them $12B a year for a ****ty product. Detroit got completely hosed, you can see where the OL went over to report eligible but the referee just assumed Decker was indicating only the other dude was reporting.
I get all the games on the YouTube ticket. They never showed the side angle.

I get all the games on the YouTube ticket. They never showed the side angle.
Side Angle

The ball isn't even visible here, we can't see anything about where he is/isn't lining up over the line or if he moved before the ball did. I've long agreed there's a bias against us but this isn't showing anything unfortunately. Not that it matters either way, screw the refs and their lazy terrible asses.

OC, OL, QB, DL, including extending Koonce, should be the offseason priorities in order.
This is a good plan. A new OC is a must. The play calling was really bad against the Colts. AOC has shown he belongs in the NFL...as a backup. That’s not a bad thing. It is what it is. Maybe in a year or two he develops into a little more but QBs must be at least a little mobile in today’s NFL.

The ball isn't even visible here, we can't see anything about where he is/isn't lining up over the line or if he moved before the ball did. I've long agreed there's a bias against us but this isn't showing anything unfortunately. Not that it matters either way, screw the refs and their lazy terrible asses.
Watch the video from directly behind the kicker in slow motion and pause it just as the ball moves off the turf, jack Jones moves forward at the exact same time , it was timed beautifully . The plays this guy makes regarding his timing ,you can tell he studies his films .

OC, OL, QB, DL, including extending Koonce, should be the offseason priorities in order.
I am not sure you put QB behind anything. Without a good to great QB in this league, you can't win.

I don't think it is fair to Bo but I do think we need to move on and find a more experienced and solid OC who can't take over that side of the ball while AP is a defensive minded coach. We may also need to add in DC as Graham is now getting a little buzz about being a potential HC. He has interviewed before and the turnaround on the defense may get him the nod now.

What I would like to do on the line is get a true stud G to replace Parham so he moves inside. I think Parham is a better center than a guard and James is about average. Parham has played well at center while he has been out.

I don't think we need to go looking for DE help. Keep Koonce of course. I would still like to get a stud DT but we have a group of guys that have played well in rotation.

Renfrow most likely will be cut. The contract versus production isn't there. So, we will need to add a WR for depth even if we hope Tre can be grow to be a reliable 3rd target besides the burner.

I get the feeling that we will not have Jacobs back. White has shown some growth as a runner but we would need to bring in someone else. That is relatively easy these days but it should be on the radar.

I am not sure you put QB behind anything. Without a good to great QB in this league, you can't win.

I don't think it is fair to Bo but I do think we need to move on and find a more experienced and solid OC who can't take over that side of the ball while AP is a defensive minded coach. We may also need to add in DC as Graham is now getting a little buzz about being a potential HC. He has interviewed before and the turnaround on the defense may get him the nod now.

What I would like to do on the line is get a true stud G to replace Parham so he moves inside. I think Parham is a better center than a guard and James is about average. Parham has played well at center while he has been out.

I don't think we need to go looking for DE help. Keep Koonce of course. I would still like to get a stud DT but we have a group of guys that have played well in rotation.

Renfrow most likely will be cut. The contract versus production isn't there. So, we will need to add a WR for depth even if we hope Tre can be grow to be a reliable 3rd target besides the burner.

I get the feeling that we will not have Jacobs back. White has shown some growth as a runner but we would need to bring in someone else. That is relatively easy these days but it should be on the radar.
Ziegler and McDaniels franchise-tagged Jacobs last season, then upgraded the base value of his one-year deal to $11.8 million with another $200,000 available via incentives. But whoever takes over the Raiders’ front office in 2024 probably won’t want to devote that sort of cap space to a running back, especially one who’s struggled as much as Jacobs has this year.

Jacobs is one year removed from looking like the NFL’s best running back and is still just 25 years old. But it’s difficult to project anything but a disappointing free agent contract, especially in a crowded RB market that may include Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, D’Andre Swift, Derrick Henry, and others.

Jacobs is one year removed from looking like the NFL’s best running back and is still just 25 years old. But it’s difficult to project anything but a disappointing free agent contract, especially in a crowded RB market that may include Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, D’Andre Swift, Derrick Henry, and others.
I think they tell him they want him back but can't do the FT. Go hit the market, get your offfers, come back, and we'll beat the best by 20%. RB are so hosed right now I don't see him getting more than 7-8M a year on the market. He's worth 9M to us for the continuity and the message that we're in it to win it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread