What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bisaccia has earned it. 

The only possible change I could see is Harbaugh but that would be a hard call. 

They fought to the bitter end. After this year and the injuries... they had no business being there but they not only earned the right to be there but showed they belonged there. 

Reset. Reload. Make some moves. And let's get back to work. 

Heartbreaking. 

I am proud of this Raider team though. Literally no team in NFL history has gone through as much as they have and they still fought their way into the playoffs and fought hard to the very last against a very good team.

Putting this on Carr is nonsense. He's the only reason this was even a close game.

Props to the defense despite an understandable lack of pass rush they did a good job with what they had to work with.

Olson needs to go for sure IMO. Even Bisaccia was yelling at him to get the team on the ball quicker on their penultimate drive. Dude was slow at least four times causing hurried reads and plays. I like Carr a lot but Olson must think he's Aaron Rodgers if he's taking that much time to get the call in. News flash, Carr isn't Rodgers.

I would be fine keeping Bisaccia but there are a lot of lack of prep issues that showed through. The three false starts and Barber's flub in the first quarter stand out in particular. The buck stops with Bisaccia on that stuff.

I would prefer going after Harbaugh.

Putting this on Carr is nonsense. He's the only reason this was even a close game.

Props to the defense despite an understandable lack of pass rush they did a good job with what they had to work with.

Olson needs to go for sure IMO. Even Bisaccia was yelling at him to get the team on the ball quicker on their penultimate drive. Dude was slow at least four times causing hurried reads and plays. I like Carr a lot but Olson must think he's Aaron Rodgers if he's taking that much time to get the call in. News flash, Carr isn't Rodgers.

I would be fine keeping Bisaccia but there are a lot of lack of prep issues that showed through. The three false starts and Barber's flub in the first quarter stand out in particular. The buck stops with Bisaccia on that stuff.

I would prefer going after Harbaugh.
I would not mind a new OC but the question is who. 

Harbaugh would be the only coach (within the realm of possibility so not counting guys like Tomlin or Payton) that I would be ok with moving on from Bisaccia but I would not be confident that it was the right decision. 

I am good with keeping Bradley on board assuming we keep Bissacia. If Harbaugh comes in then he will bring in his own new staff. That will mean we will need to remake the D again as I question whether guys like Perryman, for example, will do well in a new system. 

A big WR would certainly help.  Edwards is not that guy.  The Raiders need a true WR1.   
Jameson Williams is who I am getting a man crush hopes on hoping he falls due to injury. Not a big WR or small (6'2") but a sub 4.3 guy (assuming he heals fine). Brings back what Ruggs brought to the offense and perhaps (we will never truly know though we know you have your decision in the subject) than Ruggs.

Didn't like the spike on first down at all.

Would have liked to see one of the last three plays go to Waller.
What else were they going to do? The clock ticked under 30 they had first & goal and no timeouts. Clocking it was a good decision.

Carr is very talented and can make great throws and has shown the ability to lead the team down the field late in games.

He also starts games very slow contributing to the team being down in games, is not great in the red zone and led the NFL in fourth quarter turnovers.

The team should definitely look to upgrade at QB if there is an opportunity. 

I would not mind a new OC but the question is who. 

Harbaugh would be the only coach (within the realm of possibility so not counting guys like Tomlin or Payton) that I would be ok with moving on from Bisaccia but I would not be confident that it was the right decision. 

I am good with keeping Bradley on board assuming we keep Bissacia. If Harbaugh comes in then he will bring in his own new staff. That will mean we will need to remake the D again as I question whether guys like Perryman, for example, will do well in a new system. 
Go get a young QB coach from somewhere and elevate him to OC. Plenty of those guys are getting HC interviews ATM. Heck, Hines Ward just got a look.

Aside from Harbaugh I would actually love to see Flores get a legit interview.  I would be okay if they let Bisaccia go for Flores.

Tua, Wilson, Rodgers, a rookie, whatever else is available.

If we put the 2000 Ravens around him, he can be Trent Silver. Let's do better than Dilfer. 
I sincerely believe you are quite aware that Carr>>>>Dilfer

It's really not close and he isn't the reason they lost tonight. He wasn't an adjacent cause let alone a proximal one.

Carr is very talented and can make great throws and has shown the ability to lead the team down the field late in games.

He also starts games very slow contributing to the team being down in games, is not great in the red zone and led the NFL in fourth quarter turnovers.

The team should definitely look to upgrade at QB if there is an opportunity. 
Upgrading at QB would be nice and probably over half the teams in the NFL would like an upgrade.   Unfortunately, there are not many options to upgrade since there are not many QBs better than Carr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't overcome the talent deficiency on defense.  Not enough talent to begin with and too many injuries forcing us to clown level replacements.  3-4 guys starting/heavily rotating that don't even belong in the NFL let alone playing those minutes.  We gotta hit the talent acquisition hard this offseason.

But it was a great run and they played hard.  Always fun to see your guys going all out.  This isn't your father's Bungles and they have a money-### QB.  As an Ohio boy if we have to go down, this is a team I don't mind seeing it be to. 

Dumb plays and penalties are still popping up but that's a coaching issue and I think this one's gonna cost Bisacci the shot.  That play by Barber was high-school level and that's his ST unit there.  Awful play calling, awful situational awareness, who's letting the TE block an elite pass rusher one-on-one?  Just lots of bad coaching moves the last couple of weeks.  I'm still tickled pink at the effort, leadership, and results they did get in overcoming as much as they did along the way.  It wasn't how we would draw it up but we made the playoffs and didn't #### the bed in the game.

Red zone offense was a problem all year and again today.  Too many FGs and not enough TDs.
I always targeted Carlson on all my fantasy teams.  As a Raider fan, it was a sad reality of his worth.  That being said, I think this team achieved well beyond its initial talent base, fought through injuries as any team would have but, in this instance, overcame off field issues that should have buried any squad to the depth of an early demise.  Sad to see this run end, but also, well done, in spite of it all.

Upgrading at QB would be nice and probably over half the teams in the NFL would like an upgrade.   Unfortunately, there are not many options to upgrade since there are not many QBs better than Carr.
I'm not saying Carr has to go, but it has to be under consideration.

Most of the QBs that are better than Carr will likely not be available.  The guy that could be is Russell Wilson. 

Carr is also going to require a big extension at big money.  This has to factor into the decision making.  If they could trade Carr for good value I would be fine with re-signing Mariota and drafting a rookie rather than paying a guy that "isn't the reason we lost" a top of the market extension.  

How many different OC`s can Carr have in his career before we start to blame him for underachieving and NOT the OC every year ?

I think people are drastically overestimating the # of QBs who could have done more with this roster.

Giving Carr a market level contract is a legitimate concern going into next season. And it shouldn't be done automatically. But any QB better than Carr will draw a bigger contract and will cost more draft capital than can be recouped by trading Carr. Considering the holes up and down the roster I am not sure how many marquee QBs would want to come to Vegas in that circumstance.

This also isn't a great year for rookie QBs.

And if the Raiders trade Carr I hope it's to the Saints. I would love to see him paired with Sean Payton.

I'm proud of what this team overcame this season, they just came up short. As a fan, all we can ask for is them to get better and make the playoffs and they did that. Obviously, this is not a Super Bowl caliber team, and talent-wise barely a playoff team. Heart, chemistry and hard work got them here. I look at it this way, their playoff season started 4 weeks ago in Cleveland. They have been in a must win mode since that game.

Carr-haters, I hate to break it to ya, he's going to get an extension. Carr wants to be there, he's stated it publicly many times. And Davis loves the guy. There are 15-20 teams that would kill to have a QB like DC, he ain't perfect but he can lead a team to the playoffs. 

This offseason I'm predicting not much change in the organization. I think Davis promotes Biscaccia, keeps Bradley and Mayock gets a chance to do his job without Gruden breathing down his neck. And don't be shocked Olsen-haters, if Carr stays, I bet he lobbies hard for Olsen to stay. 

It was a wild ride this season... I'm hoping this offseason they find some stability in the organization and get an infusion of talent and depth on defense, Oline and WR. 

You got to be kidding me.... 

Another off season with irrational blame Carr after all that happened this season including losing his #1 receiver for more than half the year who clearly had more of an impact on the offense than just his individual production, his best weapon for significant time (and clearly not fully healthy even when back), struggling OL play and still lead a depleted team (taped together Defense along with O issues) to the playoffs and almost tying the game at the end while he ended 4th most yards, 12th most TDs, 2nd most 20+ plays, and tied 5th most 40+ plays for the season. 

You guys are really trying to make my BP go up so high it kills me. Aren't you?

Wow. What a season. They gave us more than I could have ever expected. 

for the first time since a brief blip in 2016, I can be proud of the product on the field. That team gave everything they had.

gruden being gone is a great thing. But it leaves a huge void in the building. I don’t think coach b will be back. He’s not “sexy” enough. And I’m not sure he has the chops to be a head coach. I like the guy, but being nice, isn’t necessarily a HC attribute. It was wonderful not having to watch gruden’s stupid screaming and histrionics anymore. 

olsen and the oline are the main issues on offense IMHO. The right side of the line is a serious problem. Just the penalties alone are game killers. And Olsen just seems stuck in a rut. The play calling is soooo predictable. If I know what’s coming, you better believe the players on D do as well.  A screen play would be nice. Maybe some play action? No one noticed how effective running out of the I is?🙄🙄

close your eyes Chad. Carr is a pretty good qb. But he has some serious deficiencies. The fumbling is a problem. I know some of them are because of crap oline play, but they are a major problem. I’ve been calling him baby hands for years.  

I don’t know if it’s Carr or Olsen, but the frantic, last second, bs at the line, ain’t great.

And here’s my one major gripe with Carr. His throws are often 2 feet or so off. they’re catchable, but that’s it. He rarely hits guys in stride. Especially Waller. The wrs are always having to adjust to make the catch, rather than getting the ball in stride. It slows them down and affects what they can do after the catch. This is MY eyeball test, that Carr falls short on. That being said, I’ve been saying to extend him for 2 years.  There probably won’t be anyone better available, so they may as well ride with him.  Russell wilson would intrigue me. 

the D is a trip. The ultimate bend, but sort of don’t break experience. I fell in love with these guys. Buncha misfits and no names, giving everything, every play. Some times it wasn’t enough, but they gave it all. The scheme is maddening to watch. That charger game about killed me. I’d love to see Bradley back. And get the d some more help. They have got to get better at red zone and situational play. I’m struggling to remember what his defenses looked like in Seattle and Jax. I don’t remember them giving up this many points. A talent issue probably. 

I really hope they can Olsen and stick with what they have, but I don’t think they will. I think it will be a full sweep clean out. Top to bottom. Sucks. 

it really was an amazing season. Go raiders

Carlson: 

40 FG's (1st in NFL) 

93% FG% (4th in NFL)

6 50+ yard FG (7th in NFL)

Cole:

50 yard average (1st in NFL) *NFL record is 51.4

3202 yards (7th in NFL)

71 yard longest punt (4th in NFL)

Carlson: 

40 FG's (1st in NFL) 

93% FG% (4th in NFL)

6 50+ yard FG (7th in NFL)

Cole:

50 yard average (1st in NFL) *NFL record is 51.4

3202 yards (7th in NFL)

71 yard longest punt (4th in NFL)
Carlson's numbers are awesome since joining the Raiders.  Hard to believe Vikings drafted him in the fifth round and gave up on him two games into his rookie season, but glad they did.

Carlson's numbers are awesome since joining the Raiders.  Hard to believe Vikings drafted him in the fifth round and gave up on him two games into his rookie season, but glad they did.
Add me in there. I gave up on him early with us too as he lead my "would like to sign someone else" list a couple off seasons ago to my shame. 

DA RAIDERS said:
Wow. What a season. They gave us more than I could have ever expected. 

for the first time since a brief blip in 2016, I can be proud of the product on the field. That team gave everything they had.

gruden being gone is a great thing. But it leaves a huge void in the building. I don’t think coach b will be back. He’s not “sexy” enough. And I’m not sure he has the chops to be a head coach. I like the guy, but being nice, isn’t necessarily a HC attribute. It was wonderful not having to watch gruden’s stupid screaming and histrionics anymore. 

olsen and the oline are the main issues on offense IMHO. The right side of the line is a serious problem. Just the penalties alone are game killers. And Olsen just seems stuck in a rut. The play calling is soooo predictable. If I know what’s coming, you better believe the players on D do as well.  A screen play would be nice. Maybe some play action? No one noticed how effective running out of the I is?🙄🙄

close your eyes Chad. Carr is a pretty good qb. But he has some serious deficiencies. The fumbling is a problem. I know some of them are because of crap oline play, but they are a major problem. I’ve been calling him baby hands for years.  

I don’t know if it’s Carr or Olsen, but the frantic, last second, bs at the line, ain’t great.

And here’s my one major gripe with Carr. His throws are often 2 feet or so off. they’re catchable, but that’s it. He rarely hits guys in stride. Especially Waller. The wrs are always having to adjust to make the catch, rather than getting the ball in stride. It slows them down and affects what they can do after the catch. This is MY eyeball test, that Carr falls short on. That being said, I’ve been saying to extend him for 2 years.  There probably won’t be anyone better available, so they may as well ride with him.  Russell wilson would intrigue me. 

the D is a trip. The ultimate bend, but sort of don’t break experience. I fell in love with these guys. Buncha misfits and no names, giving everything, every play. Some times it wasn’t enough, but they gave it all. The scheme is maddening to watch. That charger game about killed me. I’d love to see Bradley back. And get the d some more help. They have got to get better at red zone and situational play. I’m struggling to remember what his defenses looked like in Seattle and Jax. I don’t remember them giving up this many points. A talent issue probably. 

I really hope they can Olsen and stick with what they have, but I don’t think they will. I think it will be a full sweep clean out. Top to bottom. Sucks. 

it really was an amazing season. Go raiders
I want to love the defense and Bradley but 81% opposing team red zone TD rate, a 30 year NFL historic low, really stands out among tons of defensive low points.

When thinking about QBs who may have done better than Carr with this team, outside of Rodgers I struggle to find anyone else (despite being "better" than Carr) who would have done better. Herbert? He had tons more offensive talent and similar defensive play and the Raiders still sent them home. Burrow? C'mon he barely beat the Raiders by a TD and got lucky to do even that. Mahomes? Sure but let's remember how average that team was before they got the defense on track (I'm still bitter the Raiders didn't make a play for Ingram). Wilson? Okay but even with two all world WRs, and a comparably horrible defense, he was 6-8 this year (yes, I get he had the finger injury but his HC didn't get assassinated and Metcalf's career didn't suddenly end because of a horrible tragedy). Is he really the difference yesterday? I want to say yes but...really? I'm not so sure. Brady? C'mon, no chance. His Pats teams often had a dearth of receiving talent but they always had some combination of great offensive line and/or defensive talent to make up for it. And choosing TB was a no brainer with those receivers and such an all-in commitment from ownership. IMO he doesn't make a difference against the Bengals.

Understand, I am not saying Carr is better than Burrow, Herbert, Wilson, Brady etc. I would absolutely prefer many of them over Carr (not all) but I just don't see that many QBs outside of Rodgers and probably Mahomes who get this team to the playoffs let alone turn yesterday into a victory. This team, this season had no business making the playoffs let alone having a shot to win on the last play of the fourth quarter.

Great season. Proud to fly the silver and black today.

Now let's cut the #### and bring Harbaugh into the fold.

Ok, let's review... 

We had an unprecedented drama filled season. 

The offense basically lost it's OC (we all know Gruden not only called the plays but basically was the OC with Olsen the Assistant OC) mid season. 

It is pretty much agreed Olsen is not an effective OC. 

Our OL had both starting guards not play for basically the entire year and a rookie who clearly struggled massively. 

We lost our #1 WR, who I argue impacted the offense more so than his what his own production brought to the table. 

Our best offensive weapon missed significant time and clearly was not fully healthy upon return. 

Our running game never got on track with the issues on the OL and Jacobs being knicked up. 

Without any doubt our QB ended the season as a top 10 statistically. 

And that isn't touching on the depletion of the defense getting less help from that side of the ball. 

With all that....

"Hey, you know what we really need? Let's trade Carr for an imaginary better QB!" 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Unbelievable. 

The irrational hate for Carr is strong. Not only is he an upper tier QB good enough to win with but he is committed to the team in a way no other QB in the league is. He bleeds Silver and Black. 

Ok, let's review... 

The offense basically lost it's OC (we all know Gruden not only called the plays but basically was the OC with Olsen the Assistant OC) mid season. 

Our OL had both starting guards not play for basically the entire year and a rookie who clearly struggled massively. 

We lost our #1 WR, who I argue impacted the offense more so than his what his own production brought to the table. 

Our best offensive weapon missed significant time and clearly was not fully healthy upon return. 

Our running game never got on track with the issues on the OL and Jacobs being knicked up. 

And that isn't touching on the depletion of the defense getting less help from that side of the ball. 

With all that....

"Hey, you know what we really need? Let's trade Carr for an imaginary better QB!" 

Unbelievable. 

The irrational hate for Carr is strong. Not only is he an upper tier QB good enough to win with but he is committed to the team in a way no other QB in the league is. He bleeds Silver and Black. 
Wrong thread brah.

;)

Ok, let's review... 

With all that....

Unbelievable. 

I don’t think anyone said get rid of him. Recently. 🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread