What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

Carr would make a ton of sense in Seattle.
I think it's more likely they take a QB in the draft, maybe with one of their first round picks. Part of the reason for their success was having Russ on a rookie deal. I could see them trying to replicate the formula they used in their super bowl year. And if they drafted a QB he could sit a year and learn from Geno. Not sure they will draft a QB, but I think it's more likely than making a run at Carr via trade or free agency if he is released.

The Jets seem like the perfect landing spot for all involved.
Carr would wilt under the lights of Gotham. No chance. Love him as a person, but unfortunately he was good, but not good enough, as a starting QB. I wish him success, but I don't think he would ever lead the Raiders beyond what he has so far, without a better roster around him. And that time has passed.
With the hell he went through last year as well as the 6 years or so of most of the Raider fanbase calling for him to be traded... you think the NY media and fans would make him wilt? Yea. If they make that trade, I am up for the bet on that.
I’ll take that bet. NY media is no joke.

I think Brady is a very realistic option for Brady. He knows McDaniels. The offense has Adams, Waller and Renfro u dear contract. They could Franchise Jacobs. Those are some appealing skills pieces. They could use the money they saved on Carr to upgrade the oline.

We know Brady is unhappy in TB and this scenario seems to be picking up steam.
Brady knows he can't win without a defense. Maybe he comes because there is nothing else more appealing but I don't think McD makes it something he wants to do because he is buddy buddy with him. He gave up Gisele and it wasn't just to keep playing ball... he wants to win. Brady at 46 for Carr does not improve the offense that much (potentially it could implode it if his body gives out). Is $25MM enough to fix the Raider D?
You think he gave up Gisele? 😂😂😂😂. She kicked his football butt* to the curb.

*trying to be excellent.

I think Brady is a very realistic option for Brady. He knows McDaniels. The offense has Adams, Waller and Renfro u dear contract. They could Franchise Jacobs. Those are some appealing skills pieces. They could use the money they saved on Carr to upgrade the oline.

We know Brady is unhappy in TB and this scenario seems to be picking up steam.
Brady knows he can't win without a defense. Maybe he comes because there is nothing else more appealing but I don't think McD makes it something he wants to do because he is buddy buddy with him. He gave up Gisele and it wasn't just to keep playing ball... he wants to win. Brady at 46 for Carr does not improve the offense that much (potentially it could implode it if his body gives out). Is $25MM enough to fix the Raider D?
You think he gave up Gisele? 😂😂😂😂. She kicked his football butt* to the curb.

*trying to be excellent.
From all reports... if he just retired he would still be sleeping next to her. Now, given, it isn't like he will be hard pressed to find another woman that is easy on the eyes but still.

Carr would wilt under the lights of Gotham. No chance. Love him as a person, but unfortunately he was good, but not good enough, as a starting QB. I wish him success, but I don't think he would ever lead the Raiders beyond what he has so far, without a better roster around him. And that time has passed.
With the hell he went through last year as well as the 6 years or so of most of the Raider fanbase calling for him to be traded... you think the NY media and fans would make him wilt? Yea. If they make that trade, I am up for the bet on that.
I’ll take that bet. NY media is no joke.
I would take the NY media over being a Raider for the last 9 years anyday.

That is a lie... I mean, if I could be a Raider, I would.... but you know what I mean.

I don’t get this narrative either. He would handle the media just fine. As I mentioned before, the weather on the other hand is something I’d be concerned with. He is probably the most West Coast, fair weather QB in the league. Captain Tiny Hands might have a hard time gripping the football in fridgid weather. Recent history in Pittsburgh could point to that.
How many "weather" games has Carr even played in?

I don’t get this narrative either. He would handle the media just fine. As I mentioned before, the weather on the other hand is something I’d be concerned with. He is probably the most West Coast, fair weather QB in the league. Captain Tiny Hands might have a hard time gripping the football in fridgid weather. Recent history in Pittsburgh could point to that.
Not many. I can’t even think of any snow games.

I am sure he has played a few, but I doubt it's enough of a data set to draw any conclusions.

Besides there is a difference between travelling to play in weather and living it.

Sleeper alert mentioned Raiders interest in Garapollo. Let’s all prepare for an off-season of EVERY SINGLE QB RUMOR being attached to the Raiders.

I am sure he has played a few, but I doubt it's enough of a data set to draw any conclusions.

Besides there is a difference between travelling to play in weather and living it.
I will say that his track record in cold games is not good. His last game seemed to suggest that it isn't just a coincidence. In watching, the balls tended to go long which would suggest that the ball was leaving his hands sooner than he would normally. It could be a real concern for a team that plays in the north outdoors such as the Jets but if your choice is someone like Zach Wilson who stinks always and is not a leader or a guy like Carr with leadership- I think the answer to that question is obvious.

Sleeper alert mentioned Raiders interest in Garapollo. Let’s all prepare for an off-season of EVERY SINGLE QB RUMOR being attached to the Raiders.
Oh yea, until an actual move is made... we will not stop heading about guys like Jimmy G, Brady and even someone like Brissett. If they have a tie to McD in NE and are possibly gainable... they will be talked about.

For me... pass on all of them. I will lean towards Stidham assuming he plays anywhere near the level he did last weekend against the Chefs. And I already stated that I don't want Brady but that is almost wholly based on his age. I don't know if I can handle getting a huge name veteran that recently played well and then he comes on our team and then clearly can't play near that same level anymore due to age.... looking at you Jones as the most recent example.

That being said, if there is ANYONE who knows all these guys well enough to hopefully make the right decision... you got to figure it is McD. We absolutely will have SOMEONE from his past NE days if not multiple, whether that is Stidham or bringing in someone else... the rumors will be rampant all off season.

Oh yea, until an actual move is made... we will not stop heading about guys like Jimmy G, Brady and even someone like Brissett. If they have a tie to McD in NE and are possibly gainable... they will be talked about.

For me... pass on all of them. I will lean towards Stidham assuming he plays anywhere near the level he did last weekend against the Chefs. And I already stated that I don't want Brady but that is almost wholly based on his age. I don't know if I can handle getting a huge name veteran that recently played well and then he comes on our team and then clearly can't play near that same level anymore due to age.... looking at you Jones as the most recent example.

That being said, if there is ANYONE who knows all these guys well enough to hopefully make the right decision... you got to figure it is McD. We absolutely will have SOMEONE from his past NE days if not multiple, whether that is Stidham or bringing in someone else... the rumors will be rampant all off season.
My spidey senses are telling me Aaron Rodgers. Adams changed his tune real quick in the past couple weeks. He knows something. It’s either Stidham, Brady or Rodgers in my opinion.

As I’ve mentioned, DC is the most West Coast, fair weather QB in the league. I’m not convinced on the Jets one bit just because of this. Not saying it couldn’t happen but he just got benched after a sub zero game in Pittsburgh. Coincidence? Who knows, but it’s something to consider.

My spidey senses are telling me Aaron Rodgers. Adams changed his tune real quick in the past couple weeks. He knows something. It’s either Stidham, Brady or Rodgers in my opinion.
I don’t think he has to know something. I think he’s a star player under contract on a team and he took the professional (and expected) route of supporting his team and teammates.
similar to how Carr said he’d only play for the Raiders…because he was currently a Raider.

I don’t think he has to know something. I think he’s a star player under contract on a team and he took the professional (and expected) route of supporting his team and teammates.
similar to how Carr said he’d only play for the Raiders…because he was currently a Raider.
Plus.... let's remember.... any discussions with Rodgers would or anyone else under contract would be tampering. Now, McD has learned from Belicheat so we can't rule that out but if caught tampering teams get smacked around with lost draft picks. It isn't a route you typically want to go and if you do it isn't something you start telling people about even your star WR.

Plus.... let's remember.... any discussions with Rodgers would or anyone else under contract would be tampering. Now, McD has learned from Belicheat so we can't rule that out but if caught tampering teams get smacked around with lost draft picks. It isn't a route you typically want to go and if you do it isn't something you start telling people about even your star WR.
And Brady is on playoff team and Rodgers might be. I doubt these guys are working behind the scenes just yet on anything regarding next year. After their season is over I would not doubt there could be some signals sent or behind the scenes whispering before it's allowed, but not now while they are still focused and fighting to win with their current teams. I'm sure McDaniels and Ziegler shared some possibilities of what they will try to do at QB with Adams and he could have liked the plan.

And Brady is on playoff team and Rodgers might be. I doubt these guys are working behind the scenes just yet on anything regarding next year. After their season is over I would not doubt there could be some signals sent or behind the scenes whispering before it's allowed, but not now while they are still focused and fighting to win with their current teams. I'm sure McDaniels and Ziegler shared some possibilities of what they will try to do at QB with Adams and he could have liked the plan.
That makes sense, and more realistic.

Wherever you stand on Carr, the team handled it awful.

he was a good soldier the entire time, and this just sucks. I wish I rooted for a team with more class.
100%
50%

I doubt Carr woke up and heard about his benching on talk radio. I would suggest he sat down with McDaniels and had an honest conversation about this lost season and the future.

At that point sitting Carr is doing him a favor. Sure, the team is protecting themselves from paying the balance of Carr's contract (that's business sense) but they are also protecting Carr from injury and, since both sides know Carr has the power when it comes to choosing his next destination, they are putting Carr in the best position to choose his own path forward.

Whether through trade or free agency, some team is going to sign Carr for multiple years and give him more guaranteed money than what he would have received from the Raiders next year as a lame duck QB.

IMO Carr isn't staying away from the team because he's upset, he's doing it for the exact reason he stated. Him being in the sidelines is an unnecessary distraction.

Carr is a team player and I believe he still loves the Raiders. Don't be surprised if he helps them facilitate a trade.

Changed how? He's never said anything other than we wanted to be a Raider. He grew up an Oakland Raiders fan and sure, Carr being here helped but the guy's lifelong dream was to play for the Raiders, not to play with Derek Carr.

Just saw this posted in the Josh Jacobs thread and should definitely be here as well 👍👍👍

“(thehuddle) The Las Vegas Raiders are expected to retain RB Josh Jacobs for the 2023 season, either through a contract extension or by giving him the franchise tag, rather than allowing him to leave via free agency. Analysis: Jacobs, who will be 25 by the start of next season, currently leads the league in rushing attempts (323) and rushing yards (1,608) and has reached the end zone 12 times through his first 16 games. He should be viewed as a must-start option in all fantasy leagues when healthy”

This KC game is the worst officiating ive seen this year , allowing the KC secondary to do whatever they want to the Raiders WRs

Just saw this posted in the Josh Jacobs thread and should definitely be here as well 👍👍👍

“(thehuddle) The Las Vegas Raiders are expected to retain RB Josh Jacobs for the 2023 season, either through a contract extension or by giving him the franchise tag, rather than allowing him to leave via free agency. Analysis: Jacobs, who will be 25 by the start of next season, currently leads the league in rushing attempts (323) and rushing yards (1,608) and has reached the end zone 12 times through his first 16 games. He should be viewed as a must-start option in all fantasy leagues when healthy”
Serious question. Why didn't they just give him his 5th year option? Not like he has sucked in his 3 previous years.

Are we done thinking Stidham is any sort of answer?
This team is NOT ready for this game , the penalties are preseason crap, once again this is on the coach . Stidham is making some decent throws and making things happen with his wheels IMO ,

Serious question. Why didn't they just give him his 5th year option? Not like he has sucked in his 3 previous years.
This seemed like a prove it year.

And he proved it.

This team is NOT ready for this game , the penalties are preseason crap, once again this is on the coach . Stidham is making some decent throws and making things happen with his wheels IMO ,
After the Carr news, many players are probably as discouraged and confused as the fans. I know the players are trying to win but they may be distracted. McD doesn’t seem to be a great coach so far but it is early.

After the Carr news, many players are probably as discouraged and confused as the fans. I know the players are trying to win but they may be distracted. McD doesn’t seem to be a great coach so far but it is early.
Agreed

3rd and Renfrow , about time

Stidman basically threw 2 TD passes on that drive , Carr has a real hard time scoring in the Redzone

They didn't want to commit to him beyond this season. The price wouldn't have been all that much, maybe $8M? But it would have been 100% guaranteed. They felt it more important to remain flexible.

Stidham is a mixed bag. Raiders should definitely sign him. I like what he does with his legs, and he makes some good throws (the TD to Renfrow) but he also throws behind receivers (like the play that got Adams knocked around) and too many bunny picks - the one he almost threw in the 4th (drop) was rough. 4th & 21, but still…

He seems like a guy they could develop though.

Soooooooooo...2023? Tank for Caleb?

Who's with me???
We just got done sucking for Stroud!

Make it happen. Trade 2024 1st if we have to get down to 1.02. But i don't want to half-*** a QB shot, go all in. If it misses we'll get a shot at Arch in 2026.
“Ain’t too Proud for Stroud”!

I’m not sure Stroud makes it to 8 though I’ve seen Raiders taking Levis in a couple of mocks - but I’ve also seen Levis going to INDY at 6. With potentially HOU, SEA, & INDY ahead of them, it’s hard to anticipate Young or Stroud making it that far.

Richardson? Could develop behind Stidham for a year. I’ve heard him described as a 2-year project tough.

That all said, I’ve also seen mocks with the Raiders going CB -> LB -> CB 1-2-3 and I don’t hate that for them.

6-11. No worse than #9 pick. CAR and ATL still to play, we move up with either team's win. Rams might move us up if they win but I don't think so, I think our SOS leaves us last in any tier we're in.

I don’t know why, glutton for punishment I guess, but I decided to watch the 4th quarter of the game. And that sure had a preseason feel to it for the Raiders while the Chiefs toyed with them like a cat does with a mouse. Just another low point for this franchise. I really hope that was rock bottom for the McD/Ziegler regime. And I’m sorry to say it but that stadium has no home “feel” to it at all. At least from my couch, haven’t been there yet for a game but it’s definitely not the gritty, old and dilapidated Coluseum I used to frequent so often in my younger days.
I don’t know what to say anymore about this organization, I’ll be pulling for them to get this thing turned around again, but I’m not holding my breath. Doesn’t matter what they do at QB, from Brady, to Stroud to Stidham, if the defense isn’t addressed it won’t matter.

Users who are viewing this thread