What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 Oakland (?) Raiders Thread (2 Viewers)

Oakland has some good young talent, I think they are going to get better, but is Gruden the right guy for them? He was successful before with a older team, but should Oakland bring in a younger, newer coach? Maybe a Matt Ruhle?
They only owe him another $80MM over 8 years

I know, the whole decision was awful.
Overall I thought Gruden did a very good job this year and he is still a very competent coach.  Excited for him to be taking us to Vegas.  He seems to have a very good relationship with Mayock and they killed the last draft.  Not sure why the decision was awful.  Better days ahead.

Here are the opponents for the Las Vegas Raiders for the 2020 regular season: Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers Away: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41089507-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Pissed off that the Bears managed to turn their sinking ship around. That looked like a 8-12 pick mid year. 

Even more pissed that we just ran out of steam. Likely better put that we ran out of players. We got thin in a lot of positions but that being said I am genuinely excited about next year. 

Mayock proved himself with his first draft. I can not wait to see what he does with our two first round picks and 5 total in the top 100. Jacobs is a monster RB. Crosby is a stud. Ferrell is under rated by many who just look at sack totals. Abram looked like the second coming of Ronnie Lott in the first game. Renfrow has grown tons and is a legit piece of the passing game. Moreau showed some great stuff as a rookie TE until the injury. And Mullen has flashed that he can be a NFL starter with some development.

Gruden has put the right culture in place. Something we have been adrift on since he left. The team of Gruden and Mayock looks to be a good fit. 

We have the cap space to make moves as needed and moving to an all new facilities and stadium in a no income tax state. We can attract FA's we want without throwing out crazy money to them. 

The team is young and has a long window to open once we bring in a #1 WR and bolster the defense with some playmakers at corner and LB. 

It's been a long time since I was honestly optimistic for next year rather than being hopeful about next year. 

Oakland Raiders are dead. Long love the Las Vegas Raiders!

Oakland has some good young talent, I think they are going to get better, but is Gruden the right guy for them? He was successful before with a older team, but should Oakland bring in a younger, newer coach? Maybe a Matt Ruhle?
Oh, geez. Gruden made his share of blunders this year, no doubt. The utter failure of the offense in the second half the whole year is his failure by and large.

But he's made significant progress over two seasons. There are not many coaches in the league I'd swap Gruden for. He's the right guy for this team.

Here are the opponents for the Las Vegas Raiders for the 2020 regular season: Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers Away: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41089507-4
Which game is in Spain and which one is in Kenya?

I don’t know if it’s Gruden or Carr but, save for the decision to go for 2 points at the end of the Denver game, they’ve shown almost zero aggression on offense all season from what I can recall. You’re a losing team, so just cut it lose for crying out loud. What’s there to lose? No balls on offense on the team this year. 
hopefully that improves greatly next year as everyone gets more comfortable in the system and we add a true WR1. 

I do not want Herbert.  I think Jalen Hurts would be perfect for Gruden's offense.
Hurts has really grown on me.  Much improved arm talent, good decisions, good mobility.  Not sure where he goes but I'd be happy if we ended up with him with any pick.  A first would be a real investment and a definite move away from Carr and anything later would be a big bargain price.

Oh, geez. Gruden made his share of blunders this year, no doubt. The utter failure of the offense in the second half the whole year is his failure by and large.

But he's made significant progress over two seasons. There are not many coaches in the league I'd swap Gruden for. He's the right guy for this team.
Yep, I'm pretty happy.  Guys played hard and occasionally smart.  The real question is if he will have the balls to move on from Carr.  It feels like he really wants Carr to be the guy but Gruden's not sappy enough to remain invested once he's made up his mind a dude needs to go.  I love Carr the person and Carr the Raider, I just don't have any faith in Carr the (not) Franchise QB. 

2020 thread:
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783095-offical-2020-las-vegas-raiders-thread

I don’t know if it’s Gruden or Carr but, save for the decision to go for 2 points at the end of the Denver game, they’ve shown almost zero aggression on offense all season from what I can recall. You’re a losing team, so just cut it lose for crying out loud. What’s there to lose? No balls on offense on the team this year. 
hopefully that improves greatly next year as everyone gets more comfortable in the system and we add a true WR1. 
Gruden got this young team going in the right direction this season and the future looks bright.   The O was not aggressive enough and I'm not sure if that is on Gruden or Carr.   The D is the weak link by far though.  It needs serious attention.  

F-ing Carlson. 39 yards and you can't out it through? 

Looking forward to a new kicker next year. Miss the year in and year our stability of Janikowski.
100% - while Carlson looked solid last year, he lost as many games as he helped win for us this year in terms of the points he missed. Really does put a guy like Seabass into perspective. 

I know, the whole decision was awful.
:rolleyes:

Bittersweet end to a bittersweet season.

Again, hard not to come across as a bitter biased fan moaning how the refs are always out to job us. But when Gruden challenged Ingold's TD, and the refs came out to uphold the call on the field with the announcers saying there just was no angle that conclusively showed he broke the plane -- AS THEY WERE SHOWING ON TV (for the second time) THE EXACT ANGLE THAT MADE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR INGOLD BROKE THE PLANE -- it's hard to objectively believe that the refs and the league don't have something against this team.

Hard to see this team leave Oakland. Hard to see them go from a team that had solid control of their destiny at one point in this season to being way outside looking in to the playoffs. Hard to see so many key players go down with injuries this season. Hard to think what may have been had we beat Houston, or the Jets, or the Titans down the stretch. Hard to see us improve by just three games over last season. Hard to see them not be able close games they should have won, and end the season on a high note.

But by the same token, this team proved they could be competitive no matter who the opponent. Very sweet to see them go from abysmal to being in the playoff discussion. Extraordinary to see this team with so many key pieces we didn't have last year and that look like they could be long term Raider greats -- Renfrow, Crosby, Jacobs, Waller, Ferrell, Ingold, Miller. So awesome to see us with a dominant O line that gives Carr a chance to be Carr.

The future is very bright, and if anything, this team can hold its head up high and look towards next year where I have zero doubt they will continue to improve and succeed. 

Can't wait.

Which game is in Spain and which one is in Kenya?
I doubt we will be apt to have home games overseas now. It wasn't such a bad thing playing in a toilet bowl with an infield but now with a brand new stadium and fanbase to grow in a new city, I doubt we will be willing and I think the NFL won't force it as we have played more than a couple home games overseas.

Bittersweet end to a bittersweet season.

Again, hard not to come across as a bitter biased fan moaning how the refs are always out to job us. But when Gruden challenged Ingold's TD, and the refs came out to uphold the call on the field with the announcers saying there just was no angle that conclusively showed he broke the plane -- AS THEY WERE SHOWING ON TV (for the second time) THE EXACT ANGLE THAT MADE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR INGOLD BROKE THE PLANE -- it's hard to objectively believe that the refs and the league don't have something against the team.
Don't forget the Renfrow TD. He had it in his crotch basically and his ### was well over the line. An understanding of basic anatomy would certainly be enough to say it broke the invisible glass. 

Then they placed the ball right in the middle of the yard hash. Is there a rule I don't know about that if the ball just misses crossing it must be placed backwards for the next play?

Gawd... it is freaking ridiculous 

Chadstroma said:
Don't forget the Renfrow TD. He had it in his crotch basically and his ### was well over the line. An understanding of basic anatomy would certainly be enough to say it broke the invisible glass. 

Then they placed the ball right in the middle of the yard hash. Is there a rule I don't know about that if the ball just misses crossing it must be placed backwards for the next play?

Gawd... it is freaking ridiculous 
Sounds like my blood pressure is glad I didn't watch the game.   Poor officiating drives me insane.   It's obvious that some teams get calls while other teams, such as the Raiders, have blatant calls made against them a few times each game.   

I don't care that the Raiders lost yesterday.  It helps with draft position and the team wasn't playoff caliber any way.  Stinks that the Bears won.   Progress was made during the season in being a better team.   As Tom pointed out, a handful of new young players were found this season that should play key roles next year.  The future is bright.   

Incognito extended 2 years. 

Good start to building on this year. I bet a few more extensions are to come soon. 

Then FA comes which I think we will being in some new faces. Not sure who all is worth in this FA class. I viewed CB early this year and did not see a whole lot of top tier talent coming available there. 

Good start to building on this year. I bet a few more extensions are to come soon. 

Then FA comes which I think we will being in some new faces. Not sure who all is worth in this FA class. I viewed CB early this year and did not see a whole lot of top tier talent coming available there. 
I love the new regime.   Find talent, and extend them.  Instead of waiting for a competitive FA market to risk losing a player or driving up the cost - both this deal and Waller's specifically.   Treat the players like gentleman and move forward.  It will only help bring talent to the table when FAs are evaluating offers from various clubs and they can look to Oakland to see they will be treated fairly. 

I do not want Herbert.  I think Jalen Hurts would be perfect for Gruden's offense.
If the team is thinking QB in next years draft, I tend to agree here. Living in the Pacific Northwest, I've watched Herbert's whole career, and I haven't seen anything that makes me think hes a generational talent.  Hes definitely shown flashes and seems to have an NFL caliber arm but he hasn't had any signature games or stretches where he's put up huge stats like Burrow, Hurts or Tua. 

2019 sack totals:

Bears 32.0 (24th in the league)

Raiders 32.0

Individual players

Max Crosby 10 (top 10!!!)

Nick Bosa 9.5

Khalil Mack 8.5

This is somewhat of what I meant toward end of last year when I said "screw tanking, go for the W at all times, let draft position take care of itself and you will be rewarded by the football gods." Now if we could only do something about the officiating!!!

I thot this was so great I posted in 2020 thread as well. When do we officially make the switch? I see some already have. So confused...

2019 sack totals:

Raiders 32.0

Individual players

Nick Bosa 9.5

Khalil Mack 8.5

This is somewhat of what I meant toward end of last year when I said "screw tanking, go for the W at all times, let draft position take care of itself and you will be rewarded by the football gods." Now if we could only do something about the officiating!!!

I thot this was so great I posted in 2020 thread as well. When do we officially make the switch? I see some already have. So confused...
With Hicks out, the offensive schemes could focus on Mack and neutralize him (well, taking him from being gamechanging playmaker tona damn good at least) by running and doubling/scheming for him. 

In the end, you can't win with one superstar defensive player. We saw that when we had him. We shipped him and picked up Jacobs and who knows who we get in this draft along with a bunch of flexibility in cap money to spend. 

Even without the stats Mack is still a top 5 rated DE by PFF or very close it's just his team sucks this year which means he'd probably have the same ratings and stats if he was still with us and we'd still have about the same record probably.

That trade is looking pretty good right about now and also get a nice chuckle every time Amari disappears during any big game for big D. Was not a big fan of the Chucky hire and even less of a fan of the Mayock hire but I'm happy I was wrong.

If we go to the playoffs next year does everyone agree to get a bowl cut in honor of our genius owner Mr. Davis? With my hairline I'll look like a franciscan monk !

Sounds like my blood pressure is glad I didn't watch the game.   Poor officiating drives me insane.   It's obvious that some teams get calls while other teams, such as the Raiders, have blatant calls made against them a few times each game.   

I don't care that the Raiders lost yesterday.  It helps with draft position and the team wasn't playoff caliber any way.  Stinks that the Bears won.   Progress was made during the season in being a better team.   As Tom pointed out, a handful of new young players were found this season that should play key roles next year.  The future is bright.   
I guess I just never get this line of thinking...you are basically saying that each week a different crew of officials come into the Raiders game with an agenda to #### them over....”blatant calls made against them”....like the NFL offices have passed down a “double secret mandate” to all the officials saying....”hey guys, whatever crew has the Raiders this week, make sure you screw them a couple of times because we hate them”....do you know how pathetic that sounds...

Even without the stats Mack is still a top 5 rated DE by PFF or very close it's just his team sucks this year which means he'd probably have the same ratings and stats if he was still with us and we'd still have about the same record probably.

That trade is looking pretty good right about now and also get a nice chuckle every time Amari disappears during any big game for big D. Was not a big fan of the Chucky hire and even less of a fan of the Mayock hire but I'm happy I was wrong.

If we go to the playoffs next year does everyone agree to get a bowl cut in honor of our genius owner Mr. Davis? With my hairline I'll look like a franciscan monk !
Funny... I was excited about Chucky and even more excited about Mayock. 

For you skeptical SOB's... Clelin got yo back.. via Vic Tafur tweet...

Ferrell had a great description of (Oakland) #Raiders fans: “I am mad we couldn’t pull out that last game in Oakland. ... This city rides or dies for their team. They’re more skeptical of their team than anybody else — because it’s theirs and they take so much pride in this.”

I guess I just never get this line of thinking...you are basically saying that each week a different crew of officials come into the Raiders game with an agenda to #### them over....”blatant calls made against them”....like the NFL offices have passed down a “double secret mandate” to all the officials saying....”hey guys, whatever crew has the Raiders this week, make sure you screw them a couple of times because we hate them”....do you know how pathetic that sounds...
Do you watch games?  

Do you watch games?  
Yeah almost all of them.....raider fans are the captains of the conspiracy theory team....and it’s not even close.... the constant whining and complaining is almost to the point that they don’t even know they are doing it anymore....to think that there is really this behind the scenes agenda by the league passed on to ALL of the officials to “keep the raiders down” without ONE person ever “spilling the beans” in all these years that it has been happening.....is just laughable.....but keep it going, its bound to change and get better.....

Yeah almost all of them.....raider fans are the captains of the conspiracy theory team....and it’s not even close.... the constant whining and complaining is almost to the point that they don’t even know they are doing it anymore....to think that there is really this behind the scenes agenda by the league passed on to ALL of the officials to “keep the raiders down” without ONE person ever “spilling the beans” in all these years that it has been happening.....is just laughable.....but keep it going, its bound to change and get better.....
When the Texans owner came out talking trash, about what Al Davis did to the league in the early 80s as motivation for this or that, was a pretty big reveal seeing he wasn’t in the league until some 20 plus years after that

Raider world.....

(Joe Official: Back Judge).....ok ...so the league sent us this double secret email saying if I work their games I need to screw them somehow in this game....so I need to pick my spot.....especially if the other 6 guys on my crew (who got the same email) aren’t holding up their end of the bargain....ooooh there it is.....reaches for flag...

There are horrible calls against the Raiders in almost every game.   Don't know why it happens but it happens.  You telling me it isn't happening or it's happening but it's just coincidence?

There are horrible calls against the Raiders in almost every game.   Don't know why it happens but it happens.  You telling me it isn't happening or it's happening but it's just coincidence?
There are bad calls throughout the season against all 32 teams.......so yeah it happens.....Raider fan think the ones against them are an NFL agenda.....an agenda...

kind of an ongoing tuck rule hangover that no amount of Red Bull lets you recover from.....ever

good teams call them unfortunate and move on and try to put themselves in position to where a call here or there doesn’t cost them a game....bad teams hang on to them and labor over them......Raider fan is always “if it wasn’t for that call, we would have won that one”.....not “we shouldn’t have put ourselves in a position where one call affects us”....

sometimes you are just a bad team and then “bad calls” are magnified because you are....a bad team....

Love the signing - Incognito looked great. Only thing that worries me is if he can maintain that level. Will be 37 next year. O Lineman can have longevity but Richie is pushing it.

2019 sack totals:

Raiders 32.0

Individual players

Nick Bosa 9.5

Khalil Mack 8.5

Maxx Crosby: 16 games played, 35 solo tackles, 11 assisted tackles, 10 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles

Nick Bosa: 16 games played, 32 solo tackles, 15 assisted tackles, 9 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumbles recovered, 1 interception

Khalil Mack: 16 games played, 40 solo tackles, 7 assisted tackles, 8.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovered

Mad Maxx should be DPOY. Too bad Bosa has the name brand because Maxx absolutely deserves the honor.

There are bad calls throughout the season against all 32 teams.......so yeah it happens.....Raider fan think the ones against them are an NFL agenda.....an agenda...

kind of an ongoing tuck rule hangover that no amount of Red Bull lets you recover from.....ever

good teams call them unfortunate and move on and try to put themselves in position to where a call here or there doesn’t cost them a game....bad teams hang on to them and labor over them......Raider fan is always “if it wasn’t for that call, we would have won that one”.....not “we shouldn’t have put ourselves in a position where one call affects us”....

sometimes you are just a bad team and then “bad calls” are magnified because you are....a bad team....
Been going on for MANY years before this youngin.

:lmao:

Yeah, I don't recall Packers fans putting The Catch II behind them. Or Bills fans saying, you know what? We've railed against refs too long, even though they allowed that illegal forward lateral in the playoffs (aka The Music City Miracle). Or Dallas fans getting over complaining about the agenda that turned over Dez Bryant's clear catch against the Packers in the 2014 playoffs. And so on.

I am not saying there is a purposeful agenda. But from the Immaculate Reception all the way through to this year's host of clear bad calls (whether completely missed, botched, phantom calls for holding/PI/roughing the passer), if you haven't seen more than our share come the Raiders way, you are either not watching the games or not a Raider fan, likely both.

:lmao:

Yeah, I don't recall Packers fans putting The Catch II behind them. Or Bills fans saying, you know what? We've railed against refs too long, even though they allowed that illegal forward lateral in the playoffs (aka The Music City Miracle). Or Dallas fans getting over complaining about the agenda that turned over Dez Bryant's clear catch against the Packers in the 2014 playoffs. And so on.

I am not saying there is a purposeful agenda. But from the Immaculate Reception all the way through to this year's host of clear bad calls (whether completely missed, botched, phantom calls for holding/PI/roughing the passer), if you haven't seen more than our share come the Raiders way, you are either not watching the games or not a Raider fan, likely both.
The ones you listed at the beginning are pretty much one time outliers.....Raider fan whines every week and thinks every week the NFL has an agenda against them....Doc mentioned this exact thing above...

Users who are viewing this thread