What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 Oakland (?) Raiders Thread (5 Viewers)

easy big fella.  the second half of the 4th preseason game, does not make me excited at all.  most people lost their #### when he was cut.  before the AB stuff went down.  last year, everyone was screaming for chris warren.  this year, it's doss.  imho, he will never amount to much.   :shrug:   
Listen bud, it's absolutely fine to have your opinion of this guy's talent.

But don't call out others for having their own slant.

For the record, I think your assessment of Doss is wrong.

We'll see.

Been wrong myself, particularly about Warren, who I was also really excited about.

I don't get those who are faulting the front office for AB forcing his way out? It was worth the gamble at the time. I mean Brown blocked the trade to Buffalo and ok the trade to Oakland....so it seemed like he wanted to be here. When the antics occured: Brown was fined, almost suspended (tearful apology), and then fined 215k and he lost his guarantees. 

Seems like it was handled as well is it could be considering AB was being a ####.
I agree, Mayock was trying to hold AB accountable for his actions. My issue is he shouldn't have been traded for in the first place. A person like him will not do well on a rebuilding club. Imagine his antics if he was on the team and they were 1-4? It would have gotten a  lot worse than it did.

Listen bud, it's absolutely fine to have your opinion of this guy's talent.

But don't call out others for having their own slant.

For the record, I think your assessment of Doss is wrong.

We'll see.

Been wrong myself, particularly about Warren, who I was also really excited about.
Doss is back. So we’ll see. 

You just called me out, for my  slant on doss. :pickle:

i think this team is and has been a joke for years..  I CAN NOT STAND gruden. And to answer @Chadstroma I think the only way the raiders regain their way, is new ownership. Full cleanse. Top to bottom. 

That said,  I still support them. I’m flying to the game tomorrow.  FML. RFL. 

I agree, Mayock was trying to hold AB accountable for his actions. My issue is he shouldn't have been traded for in the first place. A person like him will not do well on a rebuilding club. Imagine his antics if he was on the team and they were 1-4? It would have gotten a  lot worse than it did.
I didn't mind it. I'd rather pay AB that money then Cooper. I know it wasn't directly 1:1, but salary slot wise that's what it was.

Anybody with an predictions on tonight? I think the football gods will shine on the Raiders for doing the right thing--eventually--with the turkey who shall remain nameless but more importantly for not tanking it late last year. And it helps the Donkeys aren't a house of fire either.

Raiders 23-13.

I turned down tickets to tonight’s game because I hate watching them lose late in person :rant: I hope I’m wrong 

I don't get those who are faulting the front office for AB forcing his way out? It was worth the gamble at the time. I mean Brown blocked the trade to Buffalo and ok the trade to Oakland....so it seemed like he wanted to be here. When the antics occured: Brown was fined, almost suspended (tearful apology), and then fined 215k and he lost his guarantees. 

Seems like it was handled as well is it could be considering AB was being a ####.
I have said that there are two possibilities here: 1) AB has some mental and/or emotional issues acting very erratic. This is mostly all him except at the end he had a temper tantrum and wanted out. The Raiders bent over backwards to accommodate him as much as possible. You can't fault the Raiders front office for going after the best WR in the league for a 3rd and 5th round pick and up until camp, AB was all about being on board and being a Raider. 2) This was some crazy orchestration to eventually get him to the Cheatriots. No way does have AB have that level of ability to see that far ahead and make things happen BUT Drew Rosenhaus and the Cheatriots do AND they are both sleazy enough to go after and make it happen. 

I forgot about the Bills thing. I think it is more #1 than #2 but I do think that the Cheatriots likely reached out to Rosenhaus and did a "We would love to add to our WR corps if a quality guy became available.... wink wink" type of thing. I hope it blows up in their face. Like a nuclear blow up while they are using a microscope to take a real close look kind of blow up in their face. 

Anybody with an predictions on tonight? I think the football gods will shine on the Raiders for doing the right thing--eventually--with the turkey who shall remain nameless but more importantly for not tanking it late last year. And it helps the Donkeys aren't a house of fire either.

Raiders 23-13.
I think last year losing Mack took the wind out of the entire teams sail. 

I think this AB crap rally's the troops. 

The Donkeys have some issues. As long as they can hold Miller and Chubb at bay- the Donkeys have little else to throw at our guys either on offense or defense. 

17-6 Raiders

I turned down tickets to tonight’s game because I hate watching them lose late in person :rant: I hope I’m wrong 
The last MNF game in the  Crapoliseum. Come on. I hate that old piece of sesspool so called stadium but you still go. I fear you are not the smartest citizen of Raider Nation.

The last MNF game in the  Crapoliseum. Come on. I hate that old piece of sesspool so called stadium but you still go. I fear you are not the smartest citizen of Raider Nation.
445 am comes early these days to leave the north bay for Alameda tomorrow morning. I need Sunday games :shrug:

#oldfart

Way too early to say anything about this game's outcome, and week 1 causes some weird mismatches.

But LOVING this fresh blood team. We are looking absolutely fierce on D, and look dangerous on the attack with multiple weapons on O.

Still a half to play, one game does not a season make.

But this performance so far and the potential this team is showing should cause naysayers to reconsider their position.

Decidedly not Grusome. Lots of games yet to play, but no question in my mind Gruden is turning this team around with the talent, culture, and playbook.

That was a big win - especially after all the distraction -- in what's going to be a monumental slog of a season.

Definitely not Grusome tonight. This team came to fight. They are still not near the elite NFL teams, but if they can keep this same energy, they will beat the #### teams and give the good teams a solid fight. OL was beast. Burfict was beast. Carr was beast. And this entire roster showed warrior spirit.

Carr's post-game presser discussing AB was phenomenal. He wishes that POS scumbag the best. As he should. Dirt off the shoulders.

KC is going to crush them next week, but this week was a VERY proud moment. And this team showed some real life, finally. Let's see if they can keep it up. Prayers for Gary C tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell ya. 

Ok, you wimps who jumped ship. It's ok, climb back aboard. 
I didn't bail, but I did sit Tyrell & Waller....  I needed to see if they could actually handle the game.  Denver Def was expected to be real.....  Wonder if Oak Off was "more real"? 

Hell ya. 

Ok, you wimps who jumped ship. It's ok, climb back aboard. 
Along with my egg whites this morning, I had a side of crow.  @Stompin' Tom Connors   @ICON211    You guys were right and I was wrong.  There is more talent than I thought and Gruden has this team operating as a team.  The Raiders played with a lot of fire last night.   Carr and the Oline played really well.  The d looked like a real unit.  This is not a SB team but this is a much better team than I expected.   

Team looked fired up last night.  Carr was locked in. Defense was fired up.  Loved the F***-AB chant from the crowd.  I realize it was Denver, but Carr looked poised in the pocket, was in sync with his receivers, got rid of the ball quick.  Schedule obviously looks tough but things change fast in this league.  I was optimistic in the preseason, and really think we have a core of young players to build around and they believe.  With all the distraction around the team the last few weeks it feels great to start the season like this.  Oh and F*** AB.

Along with my egg whites this morning, I had a side of crow.  @Stompin' Tom Connors   @ICON211    You guys were right and I was wrong.  There is more talent than I thought and Gruden has this team operating as a team.  The Raiders played with a lot of fire last night.   Carr and the Oline played really well.  The d looked like a real unit.  This is not a SB team but this is a much better team than I expected.   
No need to eat crow, my man, you've been through the wringer with this team like the rest of us through thick and thin and know that if anything, nothing is certain about this team, ever.

I don't expect them to look like that every week -- they were clearly hyped up at home and on a mission to prove the world wrong. The real test is whether they can continue looking like this for the long haul.

But what you said rings true -- this team is playing together like a true unit for the first time in years. We are starting to see the benefits of some one of the most painful rebuilds we've gone through. We're not done -- we need to crush our two first round picks next year and actually continue to develop some of the young talent we have -- and have proven nothing other than we can beat the Donks at home.

But there is reason to have hope seeing how this team played last night.

My thoughts...

I have not been around in here because honestly, I just couldn't handle the negativity. Every time I came in, I would read whining, moaning, crying and complaining. Now, sure, it has been a rough go of it for the last 18 years with only one decent year out of that span but I am a Raider. If I wanted to be around a bunch of whiners and cry babies then I would have been a Donkey or Dolt fan. I have my own thoughts on things that should have been done and should not have been done. Hell, of course we all do, that is a part of sports and that is why we are all drawn to fantasy football to begin with. But the constant bashing was just too much and I just didn't have the vinegar to fight it out. It was damn good to see a good performance last night. It was only one game and there is a whole season to play but there was a lot to vindicate Gruden, Mayock and the entire franchise there. We are heading to greener pastures. That was the last MNF game we will ever have to watch out guys play in a hell hole dump with a baseball diamond. We have a shiny new real big boy stadium being built in a state that should attract more FA's. We have a very young team that looked good in many ways. We have a franchise level QB. We have a coach who LOVES football and KNOWS football and has been proven in the past even if he had some years off. We have a team that is united and honestly, I think the AB drama likely even made them closer as a team since he was never really a part of the team and they all had to endure it. We have some play making rookies (you know, that hated 1st round guys that so many poo pooed). I am really energized. If you are not and you call yourself a Raider fan then maybe you should go find some soft powder blue or nasty orange clothes to wear. Man up. It is time to pillage for fun!

Let me start with the most important part of an NFL team, the QB. Damn, I have seen so much crap about Carr said. So called Raider fans knocking him. The morons ignoring that he played hurt in the 'down' years. Saying that the only thing he could do was to check down. And blah blah blah shut the hell up blah. Last night showed that last year was due to things that Carr could not control. A depleted O-line and lack of talent at WR. How can you throw deep if you have no time for the routes to develop? How can you throw deep if no one is going to get open deep? Carr had some time with the speed and talent of Williams to get open. He threw it and made good throws. 22/26 259 yards 1 TD/0 INT. I will take that any day. 

Mayock. I have always loved Mayock on the NFL Network. From the first time I watched him, I never went back to ESPN for draft day coverage. I was excited about him as GM though I did appreciate MacKenzie's knack for team friendly contracts and he did hit home runs a few times (Carr, Mack, Cooper and Jackson) he also struck out a fair amount too. Mayock has a decent amount of capital to work with by it seems he nailed the top end of the draft for sure. Ferrell, Abram, Jacobs and Crosby all doing awesome to well. 

Yes, I was happy about Gruden coming back and I am still am. I didn't lose faith last year and I am pumped for this year. He has the team together and they played with energy and excitement. You could see how much team spirit there is with these guys after plays that they really seem pumped for their team mate who made a play. Now that AB is not in the picture there doesn't seem to be one player that I would say is on the outside or a potential problem. They seem all in and unified. You have to thank Gruden for that. Knock on wood if you are with me! 

JACOBS! Dang dat boy can run! He showed some great explosiveness and good vision/understanding of the scheme. I really didn't catch any rookie mistakes from him. He more than met my expectations for him and that debut performance was a significant one for sure. Best since LT?! That means he did better than Barkley or Elliott in their first games (obviously) and we didn't use a high 1st on him. He showed he can do it all too. 

With Williams, I have been a fan of his since he was with the Dolts. Thought he was under used and under appreciated there (idiots). That being said, I did have worries going into the game of whether or not he could be a #1. I am not worried anymore. He can. He isn't just a speed guy that can do damage when he has others taking the heat off of him but he can do damage on his own and create that. Now my concern is if we can get Grant, Nelson or even Harris to really contribute. I feel good about Renfrow but I think he is more about being a set piece possession type of guy than someone that can really be a duo threat. 

Waller took over for Cook and ran with it. I do remember being excited about him with the Ravens and then him melting into obscurity. Seeing the Hard Knocks made it all make sense. He is a talent that we just stole for peanuts and I think he could have a pro bowl type of year. 

The O-Line held up. That is saying a lot when you are talking about Miller and Chubb in a Fangio defense. Whatever issues the Donkeys have it isn't a lack of top quality pass rusher and a solid defense. They did their job in pass pro and got some decent push in the run game. I liked the movement of the one screen play with Miller coming out and getting a key block. That showed why that liked him and his athleticism. 

Now, here is the thing, I am pumped for the offense and I think the Donkey D was a good test. That being said, I am still reserved on our D. We got good pressure on Flacco and are at 1/4 of the total of our sacks from last year already. The Donkey offense looks to be something that will struggle this year. Their O-line is not good and Flacco is horrible. With a decent QB, the game would have been in question for sure. 

I am concerned about Conley. Last night they said that there were good reports on him so that is good but hopefully he doesn't miss much time. We don't have much ready now depth at CB. I almost think if Conley needs to heal up that Joyner should spend time at CB and not just nickle/safety. Abram and Joseph look to be a killer safety duo that I would like to keep. Joyner is awesome but his versatility can be used to plug up the hole at CB until Conley comes back. 

Overall, it was nice to watch the game and not feel a sinking feeling in my stomach. Those are my thoughts from the game. Carry on. 

Didn't see the whole game, look forward to anyones elses comments

Carr Waller and Williams all seemed to have a great connection going. Carr seems to be throwing the ball better, the 2 rainbows he threw to waller and williams were gold, the last few years his deep ball seem to hang up there too long. Hopefully that is now a thing of the past. Not a lot of pressure on Carr to see if he has improved that part of his game.

Major props to the whole O-line players and staff, with their 2 guards gone did anyone even notice? Hopefully we build on that each week!

Just Won Baby! 

Bruno2 said:
I'll leave this here:

Josh Allen

1 - tackle

1 - assist 

0 - sack

Clelin Ferrell 

2 - tackles 

1 - assist 

1 - sack

Mike Mayock- 1

Everyone else- 0
I'd still take Allen.  I didn't hate the Ferrell pick though, don't care if it was a reach.  Just be right.

Oh and #### YEAH!  Knock on wood if you're with me!  We're gonna regress, we can't sustain that level of execution all year, but how fun was THAT????  Carr still has some work to do to get over the jitters, saw him get skittish in a super clean pocket (which he had ALL NIGHT LONG GO ON CABLE WITCHA BAD SELF) a number of times and either took off or dumped it down.  He has success this time but that can't be the norm.  But if he can keep making strides on that he's going to win us some games.  I think this team has bought in fully to what Gruden and Mayock are preaching and it showed on the field.  Tons of energy, tons of excitement, tons of effort, and damn good execution.  If we go 8-8 playing like this all year I'm fine with that.  We still have some talent issues on the OLine and WR's that are just gonna take some more time to fix - can't do it all in one shot.

Gonna hold my rant on AB/Mayock until I see what this latest sleeperbot note turns into ;)

Sarlakticacid said:
Didn't see the whole game, look forward to anyones elses comments

Carr Waller and Williams all seemed to have a great connection going. Carr seems to be throwing the ball better, the 2 rainbows he threw to waller and williams were gold, the last few years his deep ball seem to hang up there too long. Hopefully that is now a thing of the past. Not a lot of pressure on Carr to see if he has improved that part of his game.

Major props to the whole O-line players and staff, with their 2 guards gone did anyone even notice? Hopefully we build on that each week!

Just Won Baby! 

FWIW I saw the entire game, and @Chadstroma nailed every single point -- both where the team looks fantastic and where it still needs to develop. Fantastic post overall.

I can only add based on your points that Waller creates noticeable mismatches -- in this game, they seemed to try and get him opposite of the CB Isaac Yiadom, who Waller abused every time -- Waller is a big-bodied, athletic, and speedy WR/TE hybrid and can see the team trying to create similar mismatches with him all season long.

And the O line was simply fantastic - didn't allow one QB sack or hit, zero stuffs, only two tackles for loss of yardage, I don't see any stats anywhere listing hurries that the Broncos had, but don;t remember a single one either from last night.

Solid win for the Silver and Black.    

Strong kudos to the offensive line, handling Chubb and Miller quite well for the most part.  

Carr was efficient, poised  and solid, though I'd like to see him stop seeing "ghosts" and getting jittery in the pocket.   Carr and AB never would have clicked; Derek wants to throw quick within 8 or 9 yards from the line of scrimmage and would not have given Brown enough time to run deep routes.   

I do work about the secondary.   Coverage is way too soft.   And we've never had an answer for Kelce.   

FWIW I saw the entire game, and @Chadstroma nailed every single point -- both where the team looks fantastic and where it still needs to develop. Fantastic post overall.

I can only add based on your points that Waller creates noticeable mismatches -- in this game, they seemed to try and get him opposite of the CB Isaac Yiadom, who Waller abused every time -- Waller is a big-bodied, athletic, and speedy WR/TE hybrid and can see the team trying to create similar mismatches with him all season long.

And the O line was simply fantastic - didn't allow one QB sack or hit, zero stuffs, only two tackles for loss of yardage, I don't see any stats anywhere listing hurries that the Broncos had, but don;t remember a single one either from last night.
Thanks bud. 

I totally forgot about Waller. It wasn't until Hard Knocks I remembered him and how there was a lot of expectations for him. I know I had him in a couple of leagues. It was nice to know why he disappeared and that actually speaks volumes that his talent was there and the reason why he went away had nothing to do with football. He is legit. I echo @Stompin' Tom Connors that he is a big bodied, athletic speedy guy that is a really that new version of TE that is really a big WR and is that match nightmare for defenses. I actually think that match wise he is an upgrade over Cook. And not that Cook was a slouch of course. He is a little faster than Cook and more athletic- an inch taller and a couple pounds heavier. He showed good hands in the game and showed it in camp too. He needs to keep clean and sober and get some seasoning and I think he is the real deal. Pro Bowl level TE in talent and ability and I am thinking we will rely on him often this year so he should get the targets and get a chance for Pro Bowl level production. 

The O-line was really good.... and we had two backup guards in! That was one thing I glossed over. We have depth on the line!!!! After last year that is dang comforting. I don't remember any hurries either. Miller and Chubb were just another couple of defenders. Carr flushed out of the pocket and had that short run in the red zone but I don't recall it being from pressure and more the alarm in the clock in his went off and there was open ground in front of him. 

From Conley twitter: Thank you to everybody who had me in their thoughts and prayers.. I hurt my neck nothing severe and it was just protocol to get me on a stretcher and get imaging to make sure everything was ok make sure it didn’t go down my spine or anything.. I’m good to go God Bless you all

Whew.... that is really good news guys. Both because it was scary how his neck compressed and because it will really be hard to replace Conley or Worley right now. 

Solid win for the Silver and Black.    

Strong kudos to the offensive line, handling Chubb and Miller quite well for the most part.  

Carr was efficient, poised  and solid, though I'd like to see him stop seeing "ghosts" and getting jittery in the pocket.   Carr and AB never would have clicked; Derek wants to throw quick within 8 or 9 yards from the line of scrimmage and would not have given Brown enough time to run deep routes.   

I do work about the secondary.   Coverage is way too soft.   And we've never had an answer for Kelce.   
The KC offense is scary. Picking up McCoy didn't freaking help. Damn Bills. They got speed to kill all over the place and Kelce is a monster. Not many teams have an answer for him. If Conley is back that helps a whole lot. The KC D doesn't worry that much though. I think this game will be a shoot out. I wouldn't put money on us to win but I also think we will make it a game. We play like we did Monday night, clean up a few things and get a couple breaks our way- we can steal it. 

Out for the year with a labrum/rotator cuff...

bummer
More than a bummer, that's a huge kick in the gut. Was making plays all over the field and setting the tone, one which we haven't displayed in a long time.

Our secondary was the one area on D I was confident was solid. Now with the loss of Abram, and now we suddenly look very thin at safety.  Aside from Joyner and Joseph, not sure I'd trust Harris, Leavitt, or Riley. Not sure I trust Joseph yet for that matter.

Anyone out there Mayock can go get that will be worth it? Eric Berry? TJ McDonald? Maybe Guenther revives George Iloka?

I didn't mind it. I'd rather pay AB that money then Cooper. I know it wasn't directly 1:1, but salary slot wise that's what it was.
Why in the world would you say that? A generational talent is an irrelevant generational talent when he's playing for another team.

Coop may not be that kind of talent but he's a legitimate #1 WR and a hard.working, high character guy. He's also the guy who doesn't whine and moan his way off a team like a petulant 6th grader.

Why in the world would you say that? A generational talent is an irrelevant generational talent when he's playing for another team.

Coop may not be that kind of talent but he's a legitimate #1 WR and a hard.working, high character guy. He's also the guy who doesn't whine and moan his way off a team like a petulant 6th grader.
Cause Cooper has hands almost as bad as Darrius Heyward-Bey.

I don't think anyone would have guessed that AB would force his way out of OAK after they traded for him and gave him an extension. Even in hindsight with AB leaving, I don't think Cooper is worth top WR money.

More than a bummer, that's a huge kick in the gut. Was making plays all over the field and setting the tone, one which we haven't displayed in a long time.

Our secondary was the one area on D I was confident was solid. Now with the loss of Abram, and now we suddenly look very thin at safety.  Aside from Joyner and Joseph, not sure I'd trust Harris, Leavitt, or Riley. Not sure I trust Joseph yet for that matter.

Anyone out there Mayock can go get that will be worth it? Eric Berry? TJ McDonald? Maybe Guenther revives George Iloka?
He was already my favorite defensive player after the 1st half. Can just tell that he wants to bring the pain. Unfortunately it comes with consequences.

Obi got waive a day or 2 ago from the Pats but I don't think we want to try and recycle that mess again. Mike Mitchell at home sitting on his couch.

Gotta be someone on a practice squad.

Cooper is playing like a true WR1 for Dallas.   It's painful to watch.   

Ugh. Abram shoulder injury. Josina Anderson reporting possibility of IR
This is a huge bummer. But I hope the kid learns a lesson from this. His style of play is reckless for today's NFL. I love the passion and enthusiasm but he needs to dial it back a bit. Not only has he already hurt himself (and the team in the process) but he plays like a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen. If he continues play like he needs to make a devastating hit on every play, his body won't hold up and he'll be out of the league in a couple years. And the penalties and fines will pile up as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread