What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (11 Viewers)

Someone named Greg Ward who plays WR has been promoted from the practice squad, which means they may not be expecting Alshon to play.

Mailata to IR.
he was a qb at u of houston and has been with the team/practice squad as a wr for a few years.  he actually was threatening to make the team this year, so it's not the WORST thing in the world.

Some serious irony going on when everyone was so worried about Wentz  getting hurt, only to see him lose his top two wide receivers to injury  :doh:

This does not help my team‘s chances today.  I’m glad Yogurt is back out there  at least. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a must win.  We can’t go into Green Bay on Thursday night 1-2
I basically feel like we are going to go 1-1 in these two games, one way or another.  Obviously win today and loss Thursday makes more sense, but I think if they lose today they will just be fired up to make it happen against all odds on Thursday.

i don’t know if that is the pessimist in me being resigned or the optimist in me thinking there’s no way we can be 1-3.  But it just feels like the ebb and flow of it.

that block in back penalty hurt badly....was kind of ticky track as well as contact both minor and no effect on the play

this team was so so overrated by the media coming into the season. They're average at best. 
I mean, they're missing their top 2 receivers. I still expect the backups to make some catches, though. And in spite of all that they still moved the ball pretty well. Defensive line has been a major disappointment, again they're injured, but the ends have been non-factors. I dunno, this season looks to be long, baffling, and frustrating.

this team was so so overrated by the media coming into the season. They're average at best. 
Don't agree with this at all.  Not making excuses, but I'm making excuses.  Is there an NFL team as decimated by injuries as us this year?  We had both those games the last 2 weeks and lose at the last minute.  This is so brutal, and tough to swallow.  Could EASILY be 3-0 with one more bounce one way.  NFL is a weird league.  Either way, our season is bleak and likely will be 1-3 after next week.

At the very least, we're playing for a wild card now.  Dallas should handle the Brees-less saints next week and we'll be 2-3 games back from the div lead.  That stat posted in the preseason about the NFC East fave not winning the div 14 straight years is just nuts.  Make it 15.

At the very least, we're playing for a wild card now.  Dallas should handle the Brees-less saints next week and we'll be 2-3 games back from the div lead.  That stat posted in the preseason about the NFC East fave not winning the div 14 straight years is just nuts.  Make it 15.
We're beating the Packers on Thursday. 

I mean, they're missing their top 2 receivers. I still expect the backups to make some catches, though. And in spite of all that they still moved the ball pretty well. Defensive line has been a major disappointment, again they're injured, but the ends have been non-factors. I dunno, this season looks to be long, baffling, and frustrating.
not to mention another key offensive weapon in Goedert, Peters in and out (to be expected), Dillard then gets hurt, Malik Jackson out for the year, Jernigan out today...

their strongest areas (aside from QB) have been really hurt.  add in all these horse#### drops and there's really your answer.

It would have been expensive.  They got a 1st from a team they thought would finish worse than us by a decent amount.  We probably would have had to throw in a 3rd on top of our 1st. 
True and it’s early but man Fitzpatrick looks like Polamalu out there.

Eh..I smell another mediocre season. Something isn’t clicking. Injuries aren’t helping. 

8-8 would be a blessing. 

Would of, should of, could of

The crap players dropped them. Those same crap players are still on the team. 
Usually I agree.  But Woulda Coulda Shoulda matters here.  Nelson makes that catch vs Atlanta 9 out of 10 times.  Yes he struggles with drops but that was a gimme TD.  The team is good enough, even with all the injuries, to be 3-0 right now.  We're 1-2 still and nothing we can do about it, but if those balls are caught, no one is in here saying the team should be 8-8 at best.

Usually I agree.  But Woulda Coulda Shoulda matters here.  Nelson makes that catch vs Atlanta 9 out of 10 times.  Yes he struggles with drops but that was a gimme TD.  The team is good enough, even with all the injuries, to be 3-0 right now.  We're 1-2 still and nothing we can do about it, but if those balls are caught, no one is in here saying the team should be 8-8 at best.
It reads like “if crap players were good we would win” to me.

These issues are chronic and have been happening for a while now. Agholor was given 9 million despite never being anything other than what? Below average? 

At this point I’d rather have Antonio Brown than him. That’s how done I am with him  

This team is 3-0 with 2 pretty routine catches.  Would you say the same if they caught those 2 balls? 
I see what you’re saying but it sounds very “shoulda coulda woulda” as someone else already said. 

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not seeing a playoff team. There’s a very real possibility we go to 1-4. 

I see what you’re saying but it sounds very “shoulda coulda woulda” as someone else already said. 

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not seeing a playoff team. There’s a very real possibility we go to 1-4. 
You think we lose to the Jets at home hey?

God no, I meant 1-3. 

Green Bay is on fire. 

We're beating Green Bay Thursday.
Green Bay doesn't have to leave home for 31 straight days.  They're quite comfortable and rolling right now. 

Yes, Thursday is a must win so I hope the guys come out and play with fire.  Whatever guys there are left that is.  Defense needs the game of their season on Thursday.  You're up Jim.

If it wasn't for the looming suspension, I'd call AB right now as well 
Right lol. Thing is, I’m not a “trade all this for Ramsey guy” but even if we did how good would he be here when he has to cover all day?  He’d be wasted here. Hell, how much cash and resources are wasted on that DL already? A TON. 

as frustrating as Agholar is, hes not "below average". kids made a ton of plays this year, despite the bad drop and bad fumble

but he's best as a #3. not ready to be a #1, and likely never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread