What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

If DK keeps sliding and is there for us at our pick we absolutely have to take him right?

If he slides to us, I’d think there is a chance and they will have to think hard about what to do, I guess it comes down to who else is there. And I wouldn’t be against it, the guy has an huge ceiling, but I think we have some more pressing immediate needs than WR. LB, RB, S in my mind. He is a physical freak, but if he’s sliding, it may be happening for a reason. 🤷‍♂️
He worries me a lot. Of course he has a good ceiling but his college production is worrisome. 

Id rather is get Adderly or Henderson or DL

Theres still a lot of WR’s out there too. I see Metcalf and Campbell being similar prospects too and I’d rather have a Boykin if he falls but don’t think he’d make it to the 5th  

One thing you can always credit Howie for is knowing the draft room. He always seems to know what other GMs are thinking and makes the moves to counter them so easily. You could tell the difference in the year Chip took over the draft vs the previous year where Howie ran it for him. Howie's draft we got Lane Johnson. Chip's draft we took Marcus Smith in a panic when the guy they wanted was gone.
ugh marcus smith

not a huge fan of rotoworld but they liked the pick and give some more good info below

Philly traded the 25th pick, the 127th pick, and the 197th pick to move up. This is a value selection for a team that will have to replace 37-year-old LT Jason Peters in the near future. Dillard (6’5/315) made 42 starts at left tackle for Mike Leach’s Cougars, earning first-team All-Pac 12 honors and PFF College’s highest pass-blocking grade in the nation as a senior. He shredded the Combine, running 4.96 with an elite 4.4-second short shuttle, a highly predictive metric for offensive line success. Dillard has quick feet to mirror in pass protection, big hands (10"), and long enough arms (33 ½") to stay on the blind side. He checks virtually every box as a long-term starter with Pro Bowl upside.

Amused to Death said:
My (adult) son's best friend is a Giants fan.  He likes to watch the NFL draft with him just to see the friend's reaction to the Giants' picks.  Suffice to say, last night did not disappoint.  :thumbup:
Irrational levels of recoil would sum up Giants friends' reaction to Danny Jones. The text "You guys win one Superbowl and think you know everything, Carson would be pumping gas when he exits the league but that would require mobility" is the winner and screenshotted and backed up on multiple cloud sites for eternity.

A few places I looked at had Dillard as either the #1 or 2 OT in the draft. His dad also played OL and the kid was a 4-year starter for a good program. With Peters on the way out and Mailata still developing I love this pick. It’s not in the category of a rookie who makes an immediate impact that I wanted but he could play a very big role this year. 

The Giants from what I’ve seen on other sites took 3 guy with 3rd round grades in the first

And I think Washington had a pretty bad draft too. They get grades because of the names but those two don’t look like they’ll make good pros IMO  
I'm not a Haskins fan at all. My biggest concerns with Dillard are those braces on his knees and the fact that he wasn't even a top 5 T until the combine. I just hope the kid is good. If we weren't taking Taylor I was fine with Brown, Jacobs and some others but I was indifferent to Dillard. Part of that is from the fact I didn't see the kid play a lot either

I like sanders a lot. We got our Rb now. Woulda liked DK though. He could slip to 57 but I doubt we don't trade back of go defence. 

Herbstreit is a fan......best RB on the board I'm ok with it. 
I'd rather have taken DJ there. It would've been a great value pick. I'm just not big taking an RB first two rounds given their NFL self life. I'm also gonna have to listen to my homer PSU fan overrate Sanders to the moon now. Also I don't take Herbstreit's opinion well. Dude absolutely hates my conference and will try to even try to talk up a player in another conference who isn't even better. He's just a talking head at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone seems to love Metcalf........why is he falling? He was #16 overall on NFL.com board, teams must know something?

Chiefs just jumped ahead of us, they could make sense with Hill making the wrong kind of news. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I'm really indifferent on the Eagles draft. Dillard fits a need yes but I think Safety and LB are more pressing needs. To me Sanders seems more of a luxury pick at this point then a Huge need given lack of depth at both Safety and LB. 

I'd rather have taken DJ there. It would've been a great value pick. I'm just not big taking an RB first two rounds given their NFL self life. I'm also gonna have to listen to my homer PSU fan overrate Sanders to the moon now. Also I don't take Herbstreit's opinion well. Dude absolutely hates my conference and will try to even try to talk up a player in another conference who isn't even better. He's just a talking head at this point
The window for a good portion of the guys/talent on this team is this year.  IF Sanders can get them over the top this year....I'm all for it.

BTW to show what more of a jackass that LaSean McCoy is he spoiled Avengers End Game twice in the last 24hrs just to be a troll. 

i love having 6-7 options for Carson to throw too, just not sure these were needed for 2nd round picks. i know they value LB as one of the lowest positions, but would have loved one with one of these picks.

i love having 6-7 options for Carson to throw too, just not sure these were needed for 2nd round picks. i know they value LB as one of the lowest positions, but would have loved one with one of these picks.
I would've loved the Safety from Delaware there Adderly or whatever his name is 

I just think RB could've waited on with Safety a bigger need. Damien Harris, Darnell Henderson, Weber, Montgomery from Iowa St, Bryce Love, 

lol, just looked at Cowboys pick and all i see about the guy is "character concerns". Some people just never learn i guess

I just think RB could've waited on with Safety a bigger need. Damien Harris, Darnell Henderson, Weber, Montgomery from Iowa St, Bryce Love, 
Harris is a 1st down RB. We don’t need or want that. 

I love Henderson

Montgomery and Adderly’s speed worry me

Love probably won’t get drafted at all.  

lol, just looked at Cowboys pick and all i see about the guy is "character concerns". Some people just never learn i guess
I was just saying to a co worker the other day boy the Cowboys have been quite on the Police blotter this offseason. 

Users who are viewing this thread