What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

Hollins is supposed to be a speedy guy, right? He’s out there every play but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him catch anything. 

Wentz did overthrow him against NE I recall. 

man, seeing people blame Agholar for that loss is extremely weak and dopey. i don't know if anybody could have caught that the way his body had to tork to adjust to that catch. just not possible. he had a bad drop or 2, but did also have 1 or 2 clutch catches. he is what he is. good WR, but not dependable and horribly inconsistent
I know I'm hippling here but I was gone for the week. BGN did an ALL 22 on this play and it seems Agholar again didn't track the ball well. He took a poor route to the ball making the catch more difficult then it should be. Granted it was said it wasn't your typical Easy catch but he made more of a trip out of trying to catch it than needed. If Nelly hadn't already had issues of tracking balls down I'd be saying yeah people are dumb. However this is an issue with him. He's like the OF in Baseball who doesn't track balls well and takes poor routes to them and makes field day out of the play. PFF btw has his graded the worst WR this year out of the 129 eligible. 

Hes not that bad but he also shouldn't be a starting WR on this team. If he was on NE Bill would've gotten rid of him 2 yrs ago already which we should've done

need2know said:
People need to be benched and coaches need to be fired 
Agreed I was at the game yesterday I got tickets fr $55 on Ticketmaster sat in the EZ at the Mezz level where the Scoreboard is. Groh needs to be canned as of 3 weeks ago should be gone. Wentz needs to hit his open guys though. however from my vantage point the dude had zero time to scan the field and throw either. Kind of hard when you have receivers who can't get open, the two guys you trust Ertz/Goddert are double covered and your Oline gives you zero protection. Losing Lane hurt, JP doesn't look like JP at all, Brooks going out hurt and Dillard was essentially benched after the first few series he was in if I'm not mistaken. 

Offense moved the ball and had they taken care of the ball we might be sitting here with a win. At the same time we are lucky this game wasn't lost more. Metcalf I believe dropped 2 would be TD's and Wilson flat-out missed a free rushing TD and threw a pass out of the end zone to another guy who needed a latter to catch it. I was in that EZ and everyone around me was like he could've just ran and gotten 6 why didn't he? 

We caught a few breaks yesterday and the Defense played well. We need to revamp the entire WR core next year. 

GoBirds said:
I agree. 

At the same time it will come down to the Dallas game most likely, could still make playoffs. Disappointed for sure though as going in I thought we were in the top tier like Seattle but in reality this is an average squad that looks lazy, poorly coached, and lacking talent from poor drafting. 
Silver lining. Tom Brady still didn't look himself yesterday and Dak looked well like I've always said the avg QB he is when he goes up against good competition. Both guys had a few passes that should've been picked yesterday and weren't. That review on the catch by Cooper ruled incomplete shouldn't even have been reviewed. Play clock expired before snap was off should've been a delay of game on Dal. 

GoBirds said:
Last couple weeks have sucked for sure but the overreactions in here are a little extreme. 
I agree you should hear what's coming out of NE with Brady having an uncharacteristic last two weeks. My Cousin said people are calling talk radio acting like the sky is about to fall. 

GoBirds said:
So you want to go back to Sanchez or the injured all season Nick Foles that cant put up a point against the Titans with much better receivers than we have? A lot of teams in this league would be more than happy to be “stuck” with Wentz. 
I agree with this. Lets also not forget Sam I hate to be booed Bradford in there. I really love the we shouldn't have kept Wentz crowd. I ask the simple question what would you have done because you look like an idiot if you trade him and keep Foles who had to put up about a month of career play after looking terrible to win a SB and took a BG strip sack to seal it, a guy who came into the next season looking avg and couldn't even throw 300 yds against a beat up terrible Tampa Secondary and the same guy who looked inconsistent during the final weeks and playoffs taking over for Wentz. Foles was lucky he hadn't thrown more INTs and he almost had at least 3 costly ones in the RZ in back to back weeks vs LAR and NYG last year. And for all the Wentz is never healthy Foles has never played a full season. 

And finally Wentz  has the ninth-most TD passes, 12th-highest completion percentage, ninth-most passing yards and third-best interception ratio in NFL history by a QB in his first 50 games. If you want perfect just go follow the dam Patriots already. The dude isn't Mahomes but take away Mahomes weapons like someone said and they aren't a great offense. Lamar Jackson? The Dude is another Vick/Kaep type B. He's in his prime now will probably be out a back up in 5-6 yrs not a long term franchise guy for a team. He's a win now type. But whats the difference in all these QBs and Wentz? They had an offense built around them by investing in draft picks while also signing maybe a guy or two vet wise in FA for the experience not just relying on older guys. The Eagles have some good RBs and two fantastic starting caliber TE's who'd start on any NFL team, they got a terrific C, RG and RT and an Aging HOF LT they needed to replace IMHO 2 yrs ago but outside of Ertz they have no big impact star at the skill positions. I think give JJAW more opportunities and he could replace Jeffrey easily. He's shown a few times and I know it was garbage time but that catch isn't easy non the less. I like getting Jackson back but they also should've invested in some speed in the draft or something. To soul rely on guys 30 and older is never a good sign when there's no depth. It's like the Phillies after the 08 WS. Amaro and company continued to rely on aging players who routinely started getting hurt and declined production. 

modogg said:
it's funny to me, i'm not even on the team, but Jason Peters scares me:

John Clark✔@JClarkNBCS

Jason Peters on finger pointing?

“There won’t be any of that. Not in our locker room. Not while I am here. We’ll keep the guys together, rally around each other”

“We have to win out. No ifs, ands or buts, we’ve got to win out. We’ve got to win out. Point blank

My guess is it may be a quiet week, no more rumors or quotes coming out of the locker room
Is it because of his size? TV doesn't do that man Justice 

GoBirds said:
So after the 3 years you are stuck with him are you banking on landing a stud in the mid first round or that other teams are going to let a franchise QB hit free agency?

Who is getting wide open on these downfield plays he's not making? Jordan Matthews who was slow when drafted years ago and was just signed off his couch a few weeks back? Ward who just came up from the practice squad? JJAW who has been a complete bust so far? So weird he hasn't gotten better this season working with all this talent.  :lmao:
To be fair to my Man Ward the dude should've been on the opening day roster. That guy balled out in the last two pre seasons. I'd have traded Nelly or gotten rid of Hollins or just not resigned SProles 

Hollins is supposed to be a speedy guy, right? He’s out there every play but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him catch anything. 

Wentz did overthrow him against NE I recall. 
Hollins was targeted 22 times all year. 8 of those came in the ATL game. He was suppose to be as well as a plus PR returner if I'm not mistaken. I know he guy had a really bad injury but still 

Agreed I was at the game yesterday I got tickets fr $55 on Ticketmaster sat in the EZ at the Mezz level where the Scoreboard is. Groh needs to be canned as of 3 weeks ago should be gone. Wentz needs to hit his open guys though. however from my vantage point the dude had zero time to scan the field and throw either. Kind of hard when you have receivers who can't get open, the two guys you trust Ertz/Goddert are double covered and your Oline gives you zero protection. Losing Lane hurt, JP doesn't look like JP at all, Brooks going out hurt and Dillard was essentially benched after the first few series he was in if I'm not mistaken. 

Offense moved the ball and had they taken care of the ball we might be sitting here with a win. At the same time we are lucky this game wasn't lost more. Metcalf I believe dropped 2 would be TD's and Wilson flat-out missed a free rushing TD and threw a pass out of the end zone to another guy who needed a latter to catch it. I was in that EZ and everyone around me was like he could've just ran and gotten 6 why didn't he? 

We caught a few breaks yesterday and the Defense played well. We need to revamp the entire WR core next year. 
cool you got to go

i think dillard got benched at the half.  total disaster him trying the RT.  after they made the change the oline played much better.

Can't believe ANYONE would still complain that the ball to Nelly wasn't placed well enough. That was almost 100% on Agholar and his awful deep ball tracking.

THE BALL TRAVELED OVER 40 YARDS THROUGH THE AIR ....if it's one the wrong side of the WR at that point, that's not on the QB

Last edited by a moderator:
cool you got to go

i think dillard got benched at the half.  total disaster him trying the RT.  after they made the change the oline played much better.
It was my buddies birthday plus my Dad's cousin from SEA was in for the holiday and went with some of the family. I got tickets last minute. Wanted to get them sooner then we did but my buddy thought we could hold off longer and get cheaper. Problem was we only got like $5 cheaper then what we could've had 2 or so hours before. It was his Birthday too so he was being double his usual selfish self. We got them from Ticketmaster too. I wanted to get there early so I could hang with my cousin who I literally only get to see once a year on Christmas Eve for like 2-3 hrs (One from SEA) then head over to my Uncle (One who has my Pop-Pops season tickets) as our seats were closer to them. But it didn't work out. My buddy also got the tickets and it wasn't coming up on his Samsung so we got out of line too. We ended up missing the first 5-6 mins. transferred to my phone and they came up right away on my iPhone we went in. 

One of the big reasons I wanted to get there early is it takes forever getting through security its like going through TSA at an airport. Other reason was I wanted my buddy to experience the full experience of an Eagles game from the tailgate on down. He's only been to maybe 4-5 Eagles games most with in the past 4 yrs with me. I think his first was the Christmas game 2 yrs ago. Meanwhile I've gone since I was 2 or 3 and lost track how many I've been too over the years. So I figured it'd be a cool birthday gift experience for the guy. Unfortunately it didn't work out. 

Depending how bad we are come the Giants game if I can get Tickets and my cousin and Uncle go I might just splurge on Tickets just to give him that part of the experience. He's gone to PSU games and all of that. He said his first few times at Eagles games his PSU experience was much better so I think if I show him the tailgate and all it could really change his mind 

Can't believe ANYONE would still complain that the ball to Nelly wasn't placed well enough. That was almost 100% on Agholar and his awful deep ball tracking.
The sad thing is we were probably better off not having him play yesterday. Greg Ward played up to his replacement level plus more IMHO. 

The sad thing is we were probably better off not having him play yesterday. Greg Ward played up to his replacement level plus more IMHO. 
As a (slight) contrarian, I will say I think Nellie can be a valuable part of a good team. He runs good routes, he does have speed and a little bit of shake. He might be worthless on the deep ball because of awful tracking, and too inconsistent to utilize as an every down guy....but he's PERFECT as a 3/4 doing end-arounds, WR screens and short crossing routes in 4 WR sets.

IE: He belongs in the NFL, but not as a primary weapon, and not as a deep option

cool you got to go

Starting a rook that hasn't played RT since pop warner when you have a completely serviceable RT in Vaitai is borderline malpractice.  The dude was quoted last week as admitting he is confused out there (equating it to being asked to write with your other hand out of nowhere).  That the coaching staff heard that and decided to throw him out there anyways is insane.  

As a (slight) contrarian, I will say I think Nellie can be a valuable part of a good team. He runs good routes, he does have speed and a little bit of shake. He might be worthless on the deep ball because of awful tracking, and too inconsistent to utilize as an every down guy....but he's PERFECT as a 3/4 doing end-arounds, WR screens and short crossing routes in 4 WR sets.

IE: He belongs in the NFL, but not as a primary weapon, and not as a deep option
Don't get me wrong. Already said he's not the worst. He belongs in the league and exactly that role. I call it the Percy Harvin Role as Florida use to use Harvin like this religiously. If Nelly was bigger he could probably get a few carries per game as just an RB. 

Starting a rook that hasn't played RT since pop warner when you have a completely serviceable RT in Vaitai is borderline malpractice.  The dude was quoted last week as admitting he is confused out there (equating it to being asked to write with your other hand out of nowhere).  That the coaching staff heard that and decided to throw him out there anyways is insane.  
Andy Reid's square peg in a round hole routine. All his tweaner LBs he tried to make DE's etc over the years 

Doug just said in his PC that Wentz Bruised his throwing hand shouldn't miss time though. Got to think with the weather and a bruised hand contributed to some of those really really bad throws. Dak and Brady on good hands with the bad weather in NE yesterday seemed to have issues throwing at times too

All the coaches, esp the offensive coaches, have been junk this year.  Schwartz has turned it on lately but man there has been zero to like about what the qb/rb/wr/oline has been doing.  The tes are about the same I guess but it feels like they get more action cause our wrs suck so bad.

cool you got to go

All the coaches, esp the offensive coaches, have been junk this year.  Schwartz has turned it on lately but man there has been zero to like about what the qb/rb/wr/oline has been doing.  The tes are about the same I guess but it feels like they get more action cause our wrs suck so bad.
Dillard’s giving away the play with his stance.

The loss of Reich and DeFillipo combined with the corresponding coaching hires and promotions have been flat out AWFUL in just about every way. 

Players talking, scheme looks like ####, player after player regressing, stupid ash comments from these coaches etc etc. it’s a #### show. 

No excuse for a coach not to correct that the first drive he was in, that’s like a Middle School mistake. Wow. 
You are literally looking for things like this, as a coach, starting at 80-100 pounds. You’re looking for any stance to give away a call or direction. It’s a LOCK that Seattle saw this immediately. Eagles probably noticed at the half and the quickest adjustment was to have him sit because they didn’t notice it all week. 

Now I’m curious if he was doing this at LT as well. 

The story on  Brooks' anxiety is crazy.  Can't believe the dude goes through that and starts every morning of his life off throwing up.  Feel bad for the guy and am glad he spoke out honestly about what that 'illness' was that took him out of the game.

Really hope they can find something to help him with that without making him drowsy out there.

As of now I rate Wentz above average. I have real concerns that he’s not as mentally tough as an ELITE qb should be. But I’m willing to overlook that for now. He’s played like garbage and has missed throws an 8 year old should make. But even though he’s a 100 million dollar franchise QB, he’s been beset by issues from pro bowl lineman hurt, dreadful coaching and game planning and last but not least the GM. 

I don’t want to grow to dislike Wentz. I really don’t. But I’m nearly apoplectic about Howie. This guy has f&@cked up so many draft picks that he’s gone from being a wheeler and dealer to now hoarding picks THAT HE NEEDS TO COVER HIS BLOWN ONES! I’m just stunned about who we’ve passed up the last two years and even more stunned at the contracts. Ruben would be proud. And I don’t know how many of you are Phillies fans but a lot of fans didn’t want to believe that 2012 was gonna be the new sh|tty norm.

The parallels frighten me...

As of now I rate Wentz above average. I have real concerns that he’s not as mentally tough as an ELITE qb should be. But I’m willing to overlook that for now. He’s played like garbage and has missed throws an 8 year old should make. But even though he’s a 100 million dollar franchise QB, he’s been beset by issues from pro bowl lineman hurt, dreadful coaching and game planning and last but not least the GM. 

I don’t want to grow to dislike Wentz. I really don’t. But I’m nearly apoplectic about Howie. This guy has f&@cked up so many draft picks that he’s gone from being a wheeler and dealer to now hoarding picks THAT HE NEEDS TO COVER HIS BLOWN ONES! I’m just stunned about who we’ve passed up the last two years and even more stunned at the contracts. Ruben would be proud. And I don’t know how many of you are Phillies fans but a lot of fans didn’t want to believe that 2012 was gonna be the new sh|tty norm.

The parallels frighten me...
Ya I've soured on Howie for sure.  Used to think he was a genius.  I guess I still do in terms of Cap stuff and signings, but drafting is showing poorly for sure.

He has someone new helping him out with drafting the last couple years who was no better than his last guy.  The whole team and coaching staff knows Howie and co. are struggling with these picks and want a change. 

I drew the Phillies analogy a few weeks ago and totally believe it. The aging players are here and if the young talented ones we have are regressing this thing can get ugly fast. 

I found myself rewatching the game and couldn’t help but notice just how awesome of a game Jenkins played. And than I thought of how F’d we would be if he misses time or slips. Same with Cox, Brooks, Kelce and Lane. 

I drew the Phillies analogy a few weeks ago and totally believe it. The aging players are here and if the young talented ones we have are regressing this thing can get ugly fast. 

I found myself rewatching the game and couldn’t help but notice just how awesome of a game Jenkins played. And than I thought of how F’d we would be if he misses time or slips. Same with Cox, Brooks, Kelce and Lane. 
Exactly.  It seems we are holding on by the threads from our stud older guys.  We are upset at all the injuries, but if these guys start going down or missing time, we are royally ####ed.  We really gotta nail this draft.

The story on  Brooks' anxiety is crazy.  Can't believe the dude goes through that and starts every morning of his life off throwing up.  Feel bad for the guy and am glad he spoke out honestly about what that 'illness' was that took him out of the game.

Really hope they can find something to help him with that without making him drowsy out there.
Doesn't Lane Johnson do the same thing every morning as well?  I assume just to support Brooks?  It's really sad to see someone go through that.  I hope he gets better soon. 

That's how anxiety is. My wife has it really bad. Most days she just dreads going to work. Bad days she wants to quit her job and curl up in a ball. It's a constant struggle to help her by not trivializing the anxiety but also not going overboard trying to solve a problem that can't be solved with brute Force. 

Anxiety is no joke.  Battled some mild anxiety myself.  Diet, exercise ,sleep all can help but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

I get Wentz didn't play well, but the video below really shows how brutal the receivers have been. No QB can "elevate the team" if the WRs can't execute the basic fundamentals of their position.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1199055984938934273
https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/carson-wentzs-accuracy-is-an-issue-for-eagles

This was put out before Sunday's game. Guess we're just going to go around and around in terms of who is more to blame. But Wentz's accuracy is definitely an issue. Wentz doesn't trust WRs to get open, WRs don't trust him to throw the ball where it needs to be. It is a vicious cycle. 

I'm not in the get rid of Wentz camp or they should necessarily get rid of him. But the shine has definitely worn off on him. Perhaps the injuries have him scared but that extension looks pretty poor right now. 

So crazy that Jordan is gone again.  Feel bad for the dude getting dumped 3 times by us but I guess that's the nature of the game.

On a positive note, I'm assuming that means Alshon and/or Nelson will be back this week.  If Ward, Nelson, and Alshon are all ready to rock, can't see any way we could have kept Matthews on our roster.

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/carson-wentzs-accuracy-is-an-issue-for-eagles

This was put out before Sunday's game. Guess we're just going to go around and around in terms of who is more to blame. But Wentz's accuracy is definitely an issue. Wentz doesn't trust WRs to get open, WRs don't trust him to throw the ball where it needs to be. It is a vicious cycle. 

I'm not in the get rid of Wentz camp or they should necessarily get rid of him. But the shine has definitely worn off on him. Perhaps the injuries have him scared but that extension looks pretty poor right now. 
Pro QB breaking down tape versus Eliot Shorr-Parks and siding with ESP is a very ESP thing to do and quite hilarious :lmao:

Pro QB breaking down tape versus Eliot Shorr-Parks and siding with ESP is a very ESP thing to do and quite hilarious :lmao:
Orlovsky, whose biggest claim to fame is stepping out of the end zone. Yes, I can attack individuals on things that are irrelevant to the basis of the argument at hand. But this is what happens anytime you criticize Wentz, people jump over themselves to defend the guy.

Orlovsky, whose biggest claim to fame is stepping out of the end zone. Yes, I can attack individuals on things that are irrelevant to the basis of the argument at hand. But this is what happens anytime you criticize Wentz, people jump over themselves to defend the guy.
I think many would value the opinion of an NFL QB breaking down film over a click bait wanting, know nothing like Eliot but here you are.....

It bothers you that it’s not all his fault for some reason.

And FYI when you’re quoting or using ESP to help an argument you’re basically linking Skip Bayless. It’s that ridiculous. 

If you’re from the area you know this for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread