What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (4 Viewers)

Has a Super Bowl winning coach ever been fired 2 years after winning it? I understand why he wrote that book. He's never getting another chance again.

Duce for OC. Any random WIP caller for DC.
Ya let's throw Duce in completely over his head while we are tied for/one game back of the division lead.

I'm frustrated too, but these coaches are not getting fired before the end of the season and it would be dumb to do so.  Groh has to go after the season though.

Has a Super Bowl winning coach ever been fired 2 years after winning it? I understand why he wrote that book. He's never getting another chance again.
We said this before.  I hate to say it but I hate this team.   This team that he built.  We caught lightning 2 years ago.  But he has shown zero since that time .  And I dont have much confidence he can do anything to turn this around

Yup as bad as the Eagles look right now, they are somehow still in the thick of the division race (even if they manage to lose tonight).  Even if management wants to fire those guys, I don't see how they can at this point.  Just wait until the end of the year and clean house.  

After we lose this game I would like to hear who else wants the coaches to remain the same.
You don't fire coordinators at this point in the season is all I'm saying.  Doug would be so over his head.  Groh is bad but he is better than having no OC.

We said this before.  I hate to say it but I hate this team.   This team that he built.  We caught lightning 2 years ago.  But he has shown zero since that time .  And I dont have much confidence he can do anything to turn this around
I think he's good at certain things, but he is completely lacking the offensive genius/game planning.  Reich was so vital.  We need a young fresh minded OC.

Right now, this looks like a bottom 5 team in the league but they are still very much in the playoff race.   :loco:    The team they are chasing may be bottom 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it's funny (and sad) but has that ever happened in the history of sports?  Where coaches were fired when the team was still very much in the playoff race?
Ya I asked it the other week and the Phillies did it once apparently when winning their division.   Doubtful its happened in the NFL though.

I actually thought they'd win this, but then lose to the Skins in DC.  The fact they're gonna lose THIS - to another 2 win team, division rival, in your own house.  Wow.  No heart. Can't believe I'm saying it but I'm now on board with Pederson getting fired. Wasn't before - but wow.  Completely indifferent if we wait till the end of the season or not - we need fresh faces from outside this org.

I agree that it's funny (and sad) but has that ever happened in the history of sports?  Where coaches were fired when the team was still very much in the playoff race?
I’m sure it has but I don’t know. 

Dont want my previous comment to come off as douchey but internally they know what they have. They also see the landscape as well. These units are getting worse as well. Firing them can’t make things worse. 

I actually thought they'd win this, but then lose to the Skins in DC.  The fact they're gonna lose THIS - to another 2 win team, division rival, in your own house.  Wow.  No heart. Can't believe I'm saying it but I'm now on board with Pederson getting fired. Wasn't before - but wow.  Completely indifferent if we wait till the end of the season or not - we need fresh faces from outside this org.
How they show in the second half is gonna tell me alot

With our secondary and DC EVERY offense can score on us. Every. Single. One. 

If we knew Nelly likely wasn't going to play this week, why would we not bring in another WR?  Ward and JJ are our only WR's right now.  That is a nightmare.

Yup.  But dont worry.  He will be back to coach us next week
Yep and head to DC and take another L

Hollins had hundreds of snaps without a catch. Find some promising WR on a practice squad somewhere - anything.
Point being he knew the offense and could be here helping. Instead we cut him for a practice squad guard who is inactive today and now we have 2 WR’s. The amount of bad this season is just incredible. 

This is 1994 all over again. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/eagles/20_years_ago_7-2_Eagles_lost_7_straight.html

The Eagles started 7-2 and Rich Kotite demanded a contract extension from new owner Jeffrey Lurie, which thankfully he didn't get.

The team proceeded to lose 7 straight. The last to a Bengals team that up to that point had been the worst in the league by a wide margin. But by the end of the season, the Eagles were playing so badly that THEY were the worst in the league. That's what this team feels like. 

Kotite was fired at the end of the season and immediately snapped up by the Jets, lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread