What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (10 Viewers)

pretty funny reading the last page and a half of this thread. the emotional reactions are all over the place.

Still don't have much faith in this team, that 1st half was about as ugly as could be for a team. Don't know if that is to blame for the head coach not able to motivate these guys or what, but i am not overly confident that 1st half team has gone away. 
That's Philly fans for ya.  Love it.

Regarding playoff hopes, we still control our destiny.

If we lose one of our non-Dallas games (WAS or NYG) and win our other two, including Dallas, we need Dallas to lose an extra game.  Tie breaker only helps us if we win these division games. Any missteps and tiebreaker goes to Dallas.

Obviously if we lose to Dallas, only chance is if we win the other two, and Dallas loses the other two, since no tiebreakers there.

It shouldn't have even gone to OT.  He had a lot of drops (including the one by Ward that would have been a TD).
Fair but offense only put up 23 against a team giving up 28/game. I know injuries and all that. 
But credit the defense. When the other team scores, it’s ugly. But for the most part, they keep them in the game (last week excluded). 

Gotta think this kind of a win is better for this team than if we had just gone out and won fairly easily.  If this doesn't band us together nothing will.

Injuries are a massive concern though.  We're down to scraps here.

If we lose one of our non-Dallas games (WAS or NYG) and win our other two, including Dallas, we need Dallas to lose an extra game.  Tie breaker only helps us if we win these division games. Any missteps and tiebreaker goes to Dallas.

Obviously if we lose to Dallas, only chance is if we win the other two, and Dallas loses the other two, since no tiebreakers there.
I would think the Rams would be favoured to beat Dallas next week.  If that happens we just have to win our next 2 and we're in.

So, it happened. Went ahead on the first Ertz TD and Saquon never saw the ball again. Thanks to the Giants for having a terrible offensive gameplan in the second half. 
I was already down Wentz/Ertz bad first half had me down more thanks to Barkley putting some pts in the first half. Then 2nd half comes rolling along that First TD drive a few catches by Ertz and I was back in business. Boston Scott got me a ton of great YAC's for Wentz passing too. Then went ahead on the game tying TD to Ertz. Then sealed it after the Giants laid a duck and Eagles won the Toss. Ended up winning by over 26 pts 

Dallas playing the Rams next week could be 50/50. The game is in Dallas so i would lean they can win it, if it was in LA i would say the Rams have a 70% chance of taking it. but they blow as a road team.

So, it happened. Went ahead on the first Ertz TD and Saquon never saw the ball again. Thanks to the Giants for having a terrible offensive gameplan in the second half. 
We had a guy lose 2 playoff games by a TOTAL of 1.5 points with Barkley on both teams. Brutal. Oh, and the over/under for Barkley was 66 1/2 yards. Buncha guys had the over. Should have been a lock. Lost by 1/2.  Tough sports 

I would think the Rams would be favoured to beat Dallas next week.  If that happens we just have to win our next 2 and we're in.
So if we win the next 2 do we rest Wentz and the guys before the playoffs? I'd hate to lose anyone in a meaningless week 17 game given the injuries. Maybe play them first qtr and sit rest of the game?

Fair but offense only put up 23 against a team giving up 28/game. I know injuries and all that. 
But credit the defense. When the other team scores, it’s ugly. But for the most part, they keep them in the game (last week excluded). 
really no way to look at this game as a whole. Completely different team in the 2nd half from that 1st half. 

So if we win the next 2 do we rest Wentz and the guys before the playoffs? I'd hate to lose anyone in a meaningless week 17 game given the injuries. Maybe play them first qtr and sit rest of the game?
100% rest our starters.  I know you'd hear a lot of "this team isn't good enough to rest our starters" and "we need to fix this/that". 

But no, you rest them.  We can't lose anyone else.

"injuries and all that"?  Come on man - they lost so many players in this game.  
Yeah but the funny thing is, they played better after the injuries. Lane is a huge loss and dressing 3 WRs is foolish. 

I give credit to Carson and the offense for turning it around, but it wasn’t like we were moving up and down the field when Alshon and Lane went down. I guess that’s my point, why did our offense look better with Boston Scott and Greg Ward?

really no way to look at this game as a whole. Completely different team in the 2nd half from that 1st half. 
Well posed it in another reply but why is that?  I mean any answer is damning. Played with more passion in the second? Called a better game? Threw the ball better?

Well posed it in another reply but why is that?  I mean any answer is damning. Played with more passion in the second? Called a better game? Threw the ball better?
good question, would love to know what woke the team up and had them playing better. I mean offense looks flat as hell, Boston Scott comes in and rips off a few good runs and all of a sudden the TEs and 2 WRs are catching all the passes, Carson is hitting guys in stride, defense stepping up stopping guys on 3rd and 3. Who the heck knows, but it was like a totally different team was on the field. 

Who knows for sure, but it had to help that the NYG D was gassed in the second half and OT since the NYG O couldn't stay on the field. They looked like the ATL D at the end of SB 51. 
Well that is a very good point and perhaps the hardest thing to duplicate seeing as few other teams are as inept as the Giants are.

That said, we seemed to control the clock better when we ran no huddle so maybe they go with that more. 

For those wondering our Emergency WR:

John Clark

Just now · 

‪Eagles backup QB Josh McCown told me he was ready to play WR and was even switching out his QB helmet with communication to a WR helmet when Eagles were down to 1 WR with JJ Arcega-Whiteside going out. Wow‬

‪Josh played WR and caught some passes 13 years ago with Lions‬
‪#Eagles ‬

good question, would love to know what woke the team up and had them playing better. I mean offense looks flat as hell, Boston Scott comes in and rips off a few good runs and all of a sudden the TEs and 2 WRs are catching all the passes, Carson is hitting guys in stride, defense stepping up stopping guys on 3rd and 3. Who the heck knows, but it was like a totally different team was on the field. 
No huddle is my answer. For whatever reason Wentz looks way more comfortable with it then huddling up every play. It's like Foles and RPOs. Wentz is no huddle. I'd like to see them come out next week and go no huddle and see what happens. I don't need Oregon Duck speed but similar rate to what they had in the second half 

Well when the alternative is Jordan Matthews for round 4, we are that desperate. 
I'm more concerned with ABs safety then anything at this point. I want the guy as far away as possible. a guy with some terrible CTE is no better then Nelly at this point. I doubt the Eagles bring that sort of cancer into the team as well. 

I'm more concerned with ABs safety then anything at this point. I want the guy as far away as possible. a guy with some terrible CTE is no better then Nelly at this point. I doubt the Eagles bring that sort of cancer into the team as well. 
You could take AB, double his CTE and chop a hand off and I’d still take him over Nelly. We finished the game with one damn WR. One. 

F Jordan Matthews or a practice squad guy. Incentive the #### out of a deal for him and cut bait if needed. And sign Kevin White too, I don’t care 

I'm absolutely serious. At this point, they need to sign AB. They literally have no WRs. 
Would he even be allowed to play?  Some people say he'd be suspended right away if he signed with a team?

I honestly have no clue why we didn't make a claim for Josh Gordon when we had the chance.

Would he even be allowed to play?  Some people say he'd be suspended right away if he signed with a team?

I honestly have no clue why we didn't make a claim for Josh Gordon when we had the chance.
Yea I said that. At this point, call the leagues bluff. 

100% rest our starters.  I know you'd hear a lot of "this team isn't good enough to rest our starters" and "we need to fix this/that". 

But no, you rest them.  We can't lose anyone else.
I used to feel this way until the Giants went all-in for the meaningless week 17 in 2008 (?) against NE. They almost won, and I think it gave them confidence in the playoffs and against NE in the rematch. 

Go in with momentum.

I used to feel this way until the Giants went all-in for the meaningless week 17 in 2008 (?) against NE. They almost won, and I think it gave them confidence in the playoffs and against NE in the rematch. 

Go in with momentum.
We don't need confidence vs The Giants who will likely not have Barkley in anyways.  If this was a regular team sure.  This has to be the most injured team in the league... we can't risk another injury and the week off would be more advantageous.

We don't need confidence vs The Giants who will likely not have Barkley in anyways.  If this was a regular team sure.  This has to be the most injured team in the league... we can't risk another injury and the week off would be more advantageous.
Well, you probably have a better grasp of it. I don't care one way or another about the Eagles, so a potential injury isn't really on my mind. I just don't think the "rest starters" thing works out as often as we think. The Patriots always play their guys through about three quarters. Anybody can get injured, but they keep them in there. If the Eagles are going to be an underdog against anybody they play, why not go into it with a four-game win streak? That has to give them a bit of a boost. But I see the other side, too. 

Well, you probably have a better grasp of it. I don't care one way or another about the Eagles, so a potential injury isn't really on my mind. I just don't think the "rest starters" thing works out as often as we think. The Patriots always play their guys through about three quarters. Anybody can get injured, but they keep them in there. If the Eagles are going to be an underdog against anybody they play, why not go into it with a four-game win streak? That has to give them a bit of a boost. But I see the other side, too. 
Patriots usually have a first round bye so that's a bit different as they're already going to have a week off before their game.

The fact that we can even talk about resting starters is just insane.  But it would be awesome if we could take a week of rest before hosting the Seahawks.

Patriots usually have a first round bye so that's a bit different as they're already going to have a week off before their game.

The fact that we can even talk about resting starters is just insane.  But it would be awesome if we could take a week of rest before hosting the Seahawks.
I think the team that wins that division has a great shot to get to the division round. Outside of SF and NO, all the other playoff teams seem to come up flat fairly often. Either team could beat Seattle or the Rams.

Jesus this thread is nuts and full of chicken littles 🤣🤣🤣

Wentz still made some bad throws but also demonstrated why he is at times elite. 
You guys blaming Schwartz for crap tackling...I don’t know what to say. That’s not scheme, that’s sh|t playing.
Doug finally made some adjustments with a team that is so depleted that I was wondering if a mystery player was gonna come out of the stands ala WWF. 
Maybe we need to accept that Howie is the worst problem over the last two years and the run of injury luck and A STAGGERING AMOUNT OF DROPPED PASSES is this teams undoing this year. I don’t see how coaching has a ####|n thing to do with PROFESSIONALS forgetting how to do the most fundamental thing they’ve been doing since age 8. 

It’s been a perfect storm of bad things this year but calls to “burn it down” and fire Doug is absurd. Absolutely absurd. 

Wentz still made some bad throws but also demonstrated why he is at times elite. 
You guys blaming Schwartz for crap tackling...I don’t know what to say. That’s not scheme, that’s sh|t playing.
Doug finally made some adjustments with a team that is so depleted that I was wondering if a mystery player was gonna come out of the stands ala WWF. 
Maybe we need to accept that Howie is the worst problem over the last two years and the run of injury luck and A STAGGERING AMOUNT OF DROPPED PASSES is this teams undoing this year. I don’t see how coaching has a ####|n thing to do with PROFESSIONALS forgetting how to do the most fundamental thing they’ve been doing since age 8. 

It’s been a perfect storm of bad things this year but calls to “burn it down” and fire Doug is absurd. Absolutely absurd. 
They’re 6-7 and it took them OT to beat a 2-10 team. It’s nice to win but acting like there aren’t glaring problems is how you get Cowboys mediocrity for years. 

No huddle is my answer. For whatever reason Wentz looks way more comfortable with it then huddling up every play. It's like Foles and RPOs. Wentz is no huddle. I'd like to see them come out next week and go no huddle and see what happens. I don't need Oregon Duck speed but similar rate to what they had in the second half 
I do think this is a big factor. It seems to simplify Carson’s game. At times, it seems like the offense hasn’t changed despite DeSean going down. 

I don’t love what it says about our QB, but if you have crappy WRs who can’t get open then quick throws out of a no huddle seem to work best. Defense isn’t as aggressive giving WRs some space, OL doesn’t have to block forever and gets the ball out of Carson’s hand. 

Are you kidding me? Coaching is at least 70% of the problem here. Refusal to change the offense to suit Carson better until our backs were literally against the wall is one. The defensive scheme is absolute dog #### every week that calls for DBs to stand 5+ yards off of a WR when they're blitzing to give them free release. 

We dodged a bullet last night but the coaching put us in front of that bullet before that point 

let's take a minute, however, to appreciate how the Giants defense is feeling.  We were down to literally one practice squad WR and one practice squad RB, and they let us march down the field twice for TD's.

let's take a minute, however, to appreciate how the Giants defense is feeling.  We were down to literally one practice squad WR and one practice squad RB, and they let us march down the field twice for TD's.
It’s still mind boggling to me that they left Ertz wide open on the final play. Like at least make Perkins or Ward catch it. I get it’s not that easy but you’d think they’d tell a guy to sit on Ertz no matter what. 

Are you kidding me? Coaching is at least 70% of the problem here. Refusal to change the offense to suit Carson better until our backs were literally against the wall is one. The defensive scheme is absolute dog #### every week that calls for DBs to stand 5+ yards off of a WR when they're blitzing to give them free release. 

We dodged a bullet last night but the coaching put us in front of that bullet before that point 
the one i will disagree with a lot here is the dumping on Shwartz. Guy held Pats and Seahawks to under 20 points, and the offense screwed them in both those games with bad field position. Fitzmagic seems to literally be Shwartz's kryptonite, but they held up fine against the Giants last night (one of the long bombs was Darby didn't hear the play call).

I wish Shwartz would blitz more at times, but he mixed it well at points in the season. Not sure who they could get better than him at this point

Users who are viewing this thread