What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (6 Viewers)

Yes,the only difference vs the old "delete" is that it technically still lives somewhere in the system, but none of us see it. There was a reason they made the change, but I forget the details. I think it had to do with people deleting threads.

This is out of control.  Is there anyone out there who charts injuries or injury significance to a team? (I feel like I saw this last year somewhere online where weights were given based on games missed and quality of player).

Curious to see how our stack up to the rest of the league.  Maybe we just see ours more in the forefront because we follow the team so closely but would love to see some sort of statistical comparison with just how affected we've been by injury this year compared to other teams.
After today, I think I may have to agree with you.  This is out of control

Miles is a stud.  Love that kid, he's gonna be my next jersey. 

Now let's just beat the Giants and not get any more injured. 

Totally gonna get ahead of myself and possibly jinx it, but screw it.  Who would we rather play, SF or Seattle?

He's been hobbled most of the year, no point in playing him in a meaningless week 17 game. 

That's my hope, anyways. 
No way they sit him.  Hes playing great.  Shut him down and the giants lose.  If we cant we dont deserve to go to the playoffs 

Drunk eagles fan sneaks into Pederson's presser...asks about Eli.   Pederson calls a timeout.

The fan, who lasted a full two minutes of questions from the media without being thrown out, found the (liquid) courage to ask Pederson a question, too. 

“Doug, meeting Eli next weekend, what do you think?" he asked.

“Who is this?” the Eagles coach asked. “Is he with the media? Is he credentialed?”

That’s when Pederson (literally) called “timeout” on the press conference as the Eagles’ head of security Dom Disandro removed the drunk fan and his friends from the press conference.

Sort of  hard conclusion, but alright.
Guess all I am saying is when in the last 20 years can you honestly say dallas showed a ton of heart in a must win playoff type game?  They got gifted the one vs the lions a couple years ago.  I dunno.  You tell me

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Carson out for the year.  Everyone keeps saying the Seahawks/Niners are going to destroy the Eagles in the first round but I just don't see it.  The Seahawks are pretty much all Russell Wilson at this point (and he's absolutely amazing but still just one guy).  The Niners have also had some significant injuries on defense and they haven't been dominant at all since those injuries.  I assume the Eagles would be underdogs against either team but I'll be betting hard on the money line for sure.  

Of course this assumes the Eagles win next week.

Aikman said this was probably the impressive win he’s ever seen given the injuries and what we were playing for too. I know I’m paraphrasing but it really was an impressive win. Felt like a playoff game down there. 

This is a REALLY good time for us to get hot too. 

IF we get in, it’s down to who SF, Seattle or Minnesota as opponents right?
I don't think we can play Minnesota. Only way they get to 12-4 is win out which would win the division for them. GB lost to SF so they'd be the 6th seed in a tie.

It's either Seattle or SF for us if we win the division.

Which also means GB vs Minnesota is set for round 3 in the wild Card I believe. Would have to check what happens if the Saints lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we can play Minnesota. Only way they get to 12-4 is win out which would win the division for them. GB lost to SF so they'd be the 6th seed in a tie.

It's either Seattle or SF for us if we win the division.
Even with a loss to the Vikings GB can still win the division with a win against the Lions in week 17

Honestly, if I'm the Giants,  what do I have to play for?  A win could drop them 4 picks in the top ten. 

Also, I really could have used that TD that Sanders let go (yes, it was the right play). ;)
Was at a family Christmas party and said boy Sanders just F'd up a bunch of fantasy championships. We were all yelling for Sanders to score just to rub it in though 

Chris Carson out for the year.  Everyone keeps saying the Seahawks/Niners are going to destroy the Eagles in the first round but I just don't see it.  The Seahawks are pretty much all Russell Wilson at this point (and he's absolutely amazing but still just one guy).  The Niners have also had some significant injuries on defense and they haven't been dominant at all since those injuries.  I assume the Eagles would be underdogs against either team but I'll be betting hard on the money line for sure.  

Of course this assumes the Eagles win next week.
SEA Offense has been nothing more then Wilson and some trick plays all year. Their Defense isn't the feared D from yrs past. Incredible inconsistent overall. SEA is beatable. Everyone is just kissing Russ' ### right now honestly. Is he a good QB? Sure but I doubt he's as good as he is if he was on TB, JAX, ARZ etc all these years instead. Russ is great when he's got a run game with him. When that's not there that offense looks lost and for yrs he's had WRs go else where and do better then they had with him which has always been discouraging sign 

SEA Offense has been nothing more then Wilson and some trick plays all year. Their Defense isn't the feared D from yrs past. Incredible inconsistent overall. SEA is beatable. Everyone is just kissing Russ' ### right now honestly. Is he a good QB? Sure but I doubt he's as good as he is if he was on TB, JAX, ARZ etc all these years instead. Russ is great when he's got a run game with him. When that's not there that offense looks lost and for yrs he's had WRs go else where and do better then they had with him which has always been discouraging sign 
I agree that Seattle is beatable but I think you're downplaying how great of a QB Wilson is.  He's a top 5 (maybe top 3) QB easily.  

Honestly, if I'm the Giants,  what do I have to play for?  A win could drop them 4 picks in the top ten. 

Also, I really could have used that TD that Sanders let go (yes, it was the right play). ;)
Giants lose they draft #2- #4

Giants win they draft #4 or #5

Knocking out a team that has owned them this decade...probably something to play for.

Users who are viewing this thread