What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

he is bleeding, you just won't see it on the outside...

though i guess they never officially confirmed the lacerated kidney.  SEA is terrible against TE, so if he can do anything, it could make a  big difference.
i heard earlier in the week it is a bruised kidney, and not lacerated. still can't be fun, but it is a huge difference

Aside from obviously hoping for a win, I’m stoked that Ertz is gonna play! Did any of you do the $35 football guys/FFPC playoff challenge? I got the news about Ertz about 5 minutes before rosters locking and immediately put him in at a flex. Risky but it’s the type of move that can help assuming very few people used him. I think you have to have some contrarian picks in these things...

I hope he goes off for 10 catches, 110 and 2 TDS 🤣🤣

Nelson can stay away forever as far as I'm concerned 
Had a conversation with another fan and he attributes part of Wentz’s masterful resurgence with having  cancers like Agholor and maybe Jeffrey gone. These young kids look up to Wentz and are playing with a greater energy and trust. I don’t know that any of us would have looked at it like this weeks ago, but Ward, Perkins etc are better ala “addition by subtraction.”

But in any case, I think we all agree that there was rot within and now it looks cleaned up. 

Had a conversation with another fan and he attributes part of Wentz’s masterful resurgence with having  cancers like Agholor and maybe Jeffrey gone. These young kids look up to Wentz and are playing with a greater energy and trust. I don’t know that any of us would have looked at it like this weeks ago, but Ward, Perkins etc are better ala “addition by subtraction.”

But in any case, I think we all agree that there was rot within and now it looks cleaned up. 
I agree. It's a bit of that and just being able to catch the damn ball. 

Had a conversation with another fan and he attributes part of Wentz’s masterful resurgence with having  cancers like Agholor and maybe Jeffrey gone. 
I would be very surprised if Aghalor was a cancer or the "rat" and don't know where that is coming from. Got to hang around him a few times over the last few years and he is extremely grateful, modest, and quiet. At least that's how he was during those encounters. Yes his play/effort on the field can be criticized (and deservedly so) but the dude is one of the nicest guys and I'd be quite surprised if he was publicly bashing Carson. 

I would be very surprised if Aghalor was a cancer or the "rat" and don't know where that is coming from. Got to hang around him a few times over the last few years and he is extremely grateful, modest, and quiet. At least that's how he was during those encounters. Yes his play/effort on the field can be criticized (and deservedly so) but the dude is one of the nicest guys and I'd be quite surprised if he was publicly bashing Carson. 
That’s good to hear. I’d rather not dislike any of them.

not that i think that winning in GB would be easy, but i think they can at least make it a game.  Pack just don't seem like they've really put it all together much this year.
Every team in the NFC is flawed/depleted with injuries.  I don't think anyone in the NFC is beating Baltimore or KC (who I feel are the only 2 teams left that are elite).  But you guys can worry about that if/when it happens.   😀

Last edited by a moderator:
Every team in the NFC is flawed/depleted with injuries.  I don't think anyone in the NFC is beating Baltimore or KC (who I feel are the only 2 teams left that are elite).  But you guys can worry about that if/when it happens.   😀
We got Carson some playoff experience.  I'm happy, it's all gravy now.. First playoff game is tough on QB's. He's shown enough improvement the second half of the season that I'm happy with the progress.

drafting Wentz i think was the right call and it did get us a superbowl technically, albeit not because of him.

on the other hand, this.

i dunno how i get behind Wentz next season always worried about the next injury. this kid's cursed.

What a terrible season.
It was a frustrating season but I give them credit for not giving up. Lot of ugly games but did win the division with half the starters out.

What sucks though is that this roster is not great. Apart from a few guys like Scott, it wasn't like we won down the stretch due to our young guys that gives me hope for the future. JJAW was nearly invisible. Dillard didn't touch the field. Our team is super old, we seem to be in cap hell. We haven't drafted well and now we're picking in the back half of the draft.

ETA: Guess we aren't in complete salary cap hell. But do have a lot of money tied up in a lot of old players.

I stopped watching the game after the DK TD. 

We've now had two mediocre seasons since winning the SB, barely making the post season. I hope this team can get it together, I won't be surprised if we're looking for a QB in 3 seasons. Yeah I said it. 

Agholor, Jefferies, Jackson, and Jones better not be wearing Eagles jerseys next season. 

I stopped watching the game after the DK TD. 

We've now had two mediocre seasons since winning the SB, barely making the post season. I hope this team can get it together, I won't be surprised if we're looking for a QB in 3 seasons. Yeah I said it. 

Agholor, Jefferies, Jackson, and Jones better not be wearing Eagles jerseys next season. 
I think 3 of those guys are back.

stupid stupid stupid

I know it's unavoidable, but still incredibly stupid decisions. Things like this is why solid organizations go the way of the Buffalo Bills. 

I was pulling for the Eagles in this game. I liked how they came together as a team over the last few weeks with their medley of backups playing as starters, and doing well with it. They made it work. It's very unfortunate Wentz got knocked out of the game with a helmet to helmet hit. It would have been a different game with him in it. Still, it was cool watching a team of misfits take the division away from a rival that was stacked with talent (the Cowboys). That is something to smile about. 

Jones will be back. DJax, too, because of his contract. Alshon will be interesting: they're hamstrung with the dead money from his contract. But with all the drama around him during the season, and Eskin outting him as the 'deep throat' bad mouthing Wentz, I can see the Eagles packaging him up, or paying someone to take him, just to get rid of him.

Agholor probably already has cleaners scheduled to come deep clean his house for final move out inspection.

Jones will be back. DJax, too, because of his contract. Alshon will be interesting: they're hamstrung with the dead money from his contract. But with all the drama around him during the season, and Eskin outting him as the 'deep throat' bad mouthing Wentz, I can see the Eagles packaging him up, or paying someone to take him, just to get rid of him.

Agholor probably already has cleaners scheduled to come deep clean his house for final move out inspection.
Agholar is Def gone. Alshon is difficult. Jones is back and Djax is back.

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside: 16 GAMES - 10 receptions, 169 yards and 1 TD

DK Metcalf - 1ST PLAYOFF GAME - 9 receptions, 160 yards and 1 TD

SWING AND A MISS

Had we lost and Wentz played I wouldn’t feel this way. But this was like watching a bad movie, you knew was going to be bad ten minutes into it. 

What happened today to Wentz was that good ole Philly luck I’ve grown so used to witnessing 
We once had a whole season like that game. 1991. Best D of the Buddy era but zero O because Randall blew out his knee in Week 1 and we had nothing at backup - or much of an offensive system other than Randall, do your thing.

stupid stupid stupid

I know it's unavoidable, but still incredibly stupid decisions. Things like this is why solid organizations go the way of the Buffalo Bills. 
They are big cap hits but I agree at least a couple of them have to go. They got outplayed by practice squad players and are locker room drama. Complete wastes of space. 

Users who are viewing this thread