What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (1 Viewer)

While I'm sad that CT is gone (as he's my fav), this show is greater than it's stars.  It's not the NBA.  I love the drama.  

And I still feel like there's a chance no one is officially gone yet.  A small chance.  I just feel like they're weeding down the numbers way too fast.  To borrow a phrase from weather, maybe it's just more of me wishcasting.

Watching Vanderpump this season and my daughter and wife all agree that Tom Schwartz might be the smartest person on that show.  And that's saying a lot.  How long until Lisa changes the name of that bar to something other than Tom Tom?

Yeah - its been driven one too many times...
I feel like she's also trying to hard to be "edgy."  That was kind of hot when she was young.  But she's getting old.  Edgy turns to needy and desperate really quick as you age.

I feel like she's also trying to hard to be "edgy."  That was kind of hot when she was young.  But she's getting old.  Edgy turns to needy and desperate really quick as you age.
I see more and more older women dying their hair or putting in streaks of pink, red, blue etc.  Yeah it screams look at me please.... 

What kind of monumental idiot is in an elimination and thinks “you know, our best chance is to go against the all time elimination champion - male or female - on this show and his partner the MMA fighter”?

Agreed.  She has one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen, but, oof, she looks like an 84 Ford Tempo with 300K miles from the neck down.
and she's never going to change her act.

how would you like to grow old with that?  

nobody ...but she'll have at least half of a couple of guy's money.

What kind of monumental idiot is in an elimination and thinks “you know, our best chance is to go against the all time elimination champion - male or female - on this show and his partner the MMA fighter”?
Zach is a moron. And has always choked mentally and physically. Always.

I remember one of his very first challenges he lost that sledgehammer challenge to a guy with one hand.

Really don't know why he's even still on these shows. He's not interesting, just a negative person (and not in a "hey that makes good TV" way), and a mental midget. I know he'll be back but wish he'd stop getting cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zach is a moron. And has always choked mentally and physically. Always.

I remember one of his very first challenges he lost that sledgehammer challenge to a guy with one hand.

Really don't know why he's even still on these shows. He's not interesting, just a negative person (and not in a "hey that makes good TV" way), and a mental midget. I know he'll be back but wish he'd stop getting cast.
Zach "yeah jenna I downloaded Tinder as a goof to see how it works now quit bugging me about it and apologize for being mad"

He is a weird dude

I don't mind Zach because he makes me laugh.  I remember the episode where they were eating horrible stuff and it was just a montage of people hurling and having crap all over their faces.  And as he finished throwing up for the umpteenth time, he smiled and said, "I have two degrees, TJ."  :lol:

I do feel bad for Jenna, though.  She might not be smart, but I feel like she's the most honest and loyal person on the show.  Not great qualities for a reality show, but still likable.  She deserves better than Zack, though.

I don't mind Zach because he makes me laugh.  I remember the episode where they were eating horrible stuff and it was just a montage of people hurling and having crap all over their faces.  And as he finished throwing up for the umpteenth time, he smiled and said, "I have two degrees, TJ."  :lol:

I do feel bad for Jenna, though.  She might not be smart, but I feel like she's the most honest and loyal person on the show.  Not great qualities for a reality show, but still likable.  She deserves better than Zack, though.
Yeah, although he’s a monumental step up from Jay, which is sad 

Jenna is a great case study in attractiveness, for me.

When she first joined the show, everyone fawned over her and thought she was so pretty.  And I didn't see it.  I just thought she was dumb and not that good looking.  Seemed fake, almost.  But after many seasons, I can see she seems to be the least fake and a very honest and genuine person.  And all of a sudden she seems more attractive than before.

And this isn't a conscious decision.  It kind of shows how we all view people's beauty differently.  Why some people may see someone as hot and others don't.  Because even though we're looking at the same person, we're seeing beauty in a very different way.   

Jenna is a great case study in attractiveness, for me.

When she first joined the show, everyone fawned over her and thought she was so pretty.  And I didn't see it.  I just thought she was dumb and not that good looking.  Seemed fake, almost.  But after many seasons, I can see she seems to be the least fake and a very honest and genuine person.  And all of a sudden she seems more attractive than before.

And this isn't a conscious decision.  It kind of shows how we all view people's beauty differently.  Why some people may see someone as hot and others don't.  Because even though we're looking at the same person, we're seeing beauty in a very different way.   
I would post her instagram but I would get banned probably but she is hot no doubt.

Does she? She’s been off and on with him for a long time. And I believe she said at one point this season that he would never cheat on her, despite the fact that he has before. He’s one of those guys that does something to hurt a person, they’ll get upset, and he’ll blame them for the whole thing because they got upset about it. Jenna knows this. She’s very aware of the kind of person he is. And yet she constantly goes back to him and defends his ridiculous behavior. I think she deserves to get what she clearly wants. 

Does she? She’s been off and on with him for a long time. And I believe she said at one point this season that he would never cheat on her, despite the fact that he has before. He’s one of those guys that does something to hurt a person, they’ll get upset, and he’ll blame them for the whole thing because they got upset about it. Jenna knows this. She’s very aware of the kind of person he is. And yet she constantly goes back to him and defends his ridiculous behavior. I think she deserves to get what she clearly wants. 
I don't think we're saying things that different.  I totally agree with what you're saying.  But what I meant was that someone like her shouldn't settle for a cheater/liar like him.

I don't think we're saying things that different.  I totally agree with what you're saying.  But what I meant was that someone like her shouldn't settle for a cheater/liar like him.
Yes, I agree with you. He’s a total assjack and no one should have to have him as a significant part of their lives. But she pursues this particular misery with tenacity no matter how often people try to steer her away. At some point you just have to say she deserves what she has chosen for herself.

Sounds like you are volunteering to personally help Jenna.

can we talk about Bear? I feel like Bear could be a real challenge threat, if he wasn't such an idiot. they were like middle of the pack, and he quit. don't quit, because there's always more terrible people behind you!

but his whole season was ruined once he chose Davonne. she's got no endurance, no strength, and no heart! he could have had Cara, who's nuts but a proven winner. idiot!

can we talk about Bear? I feel like Bear could be a real challenge threat, if he wasn't such an idiot. they were like middle of the pack, and he quit. don't quit, because there's always more terrible people behind you!

but his whole season was ruined once he chose Davonne. she's got no endurance, no strength, and no heart! he could have had Cara, who's nuts but a proven winner. idiot!
That describes a large number of people who have competed in these shows, unfortunately.  Including Zach, frankly.

Yes.  Let's talk about Bear.  Agree 100%.  Also, it says he's from Celebrity Big Brother UK.  So... he's a celebrity?  :confused:

Okay, imagine a Real Housewife going on Celebrity Big Brother.

(He was actually on a show called Shipwrecked before he was on Celebrity Big Brother)
No, I understand what you're saying, GB.  My head hurts because he's on a celebrity reality show because he gained his celebrity status through a reality show.  

Too bad Josh and Amanda didn't have a good strategy or they'd have roasted that juiced up midget.

You know your alliance is in trouble when Nany's the "leader" of strategy. :lmao:  Maybe wasn't such a good idea to choose CT early on with you were worried about UK people. Instead of not going after Leroy, who has been and always will be #### in these challenges. Dude can't run, can't swim, can't think, can't win, and has zero personality. How does this guy keep getting cast? (Of all the Real World/Road Rules people they could bring back....they choose him :lmao:  )

Hope they bring back Real World/Road Rules alums for next season. Interest in this season is waning. Hopefully Wes isn't next to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad Josh and Amanda didn't have a good strategy or they'd have roasted that juiced up midget.

You know your alliance is in trouble when Nany's the "leader" of strategy. :lmao:  Maybe wasn't such a good idea to choose CT early on with you were worried about UK people. Instead of not going after Leroy, who has been and always will be #### in these challenges. Dude can't run, can't swim, can't think, can't win, and has zero personality. How does this guy keep getting cast? (Of all the Real World/Road Rules people they could bring back....they choose him :lmao:  )

Hope they bring back Real World/Road Rules alums for next season. Interest in this season is waning. Hopefully Wes isn't next to go.
nany in those leather pants though.  Wow so hot.

The plan to send josh and amanda was dumb, they have to take out the brits before its too late or else they are just going to get taken out one by one

Jealous leroy was just a bad look.

I flipped this on last night and was lost.  Didn't recognize any faces but Wes (granted I haven't watched it in a few years).  Turned the channel in less than 5 minutes. 

Guilty pleasure as well.   :thumbup:

Not sure if they're ever going back to RW/RR alums only.  Maybe those will be "specials" down the road.  They're going strong after all these new people hoping some stick.  Some are already "vets".  

I usually root for Bananas, among a few others.  Not sure if it's just because he makes the show more entertaining.  While much of it is his doing, he's always being gunned for making him an underdog IMO.  He always has a tough path to the finals whether it's physical or social or both.  Look at some of his biggest enemies too.  Devin, Wes, Cory (and that crew)....they're all clowns.  Gimme Bananas all day.

What's kind of crazy is that there is so much negativeness between all the people that butt heads that even just a few of them can't use some common sense and find a way to work together now that there are SO many noobs being introduced the past couple years.  It used to suck being a noob in these shows.  This one is a little different though the way they partnered everyone up.  And like someone else mentioned, the Brits are strong....the vets just want to take out vets though because of their history.  Just looking from Johnny's POV, I'm surprised he hasn't made more effort to align with new people over the past few years.

Since they don't make Road Rules anymore, I'm guessing that well is starting to run dry.

I don't mind the new people as long as they stagger them.  Most of these people are fairly new but fit right in.  The problem is that we are on pace to have all new people in the last half of the show and I can't understand a single thing any of them say, and for some reason, MTV only finds it necessary to subtitle the black people.  10 minutes of Bear and Turbo going on like  Brad Pitt in Snatch without nary a subtitle.  Then cut to Kam whispering to D'avonne and the whole conversation is subtitled.   :angry:

And what the hell is going on during the edited out parts between the beginning of the show and voting?!?

<Beginning of Show>

"We need to play smarter and stop voting for ourselves.  Next time we go after the UK alliance.  Everyone agree?  Yes?  Good."

<End of Show>

"We vote for Amanda and Josh."

:jawdrop:

And what the hell is going on during the edited out parts between the beginning of the show and voting?!?

<Beginning of Show>

"We need to play smarter and stop voting for ourselves.  Next time we go after the UK alliance.  Everyone agree?  Yes?  Good."

<End of Show>

"We vote for Amanda and Josh."

:jawdrop:
that was a really dumb strategy.  Johnny b was on the Challenge mania podcast and just crucified wes for having a simplistic few of things and a stupid personal vendatta.  He says the vets should have focused on breaking up the brits early in the game and then after the dust settled figured things out.  Thats why he said "its too early for this".  Now the brits are gunning for wes.

but nany in those leather pants.......

I don't think Jersey Shore people are down for doing this.  They probably think this is beneath them.  But I'd love to see them on it.
Yeah right. I am not sure they think anything is beneath them. 

Angelina craps her pants on purpose. Ronnie airs his dirty laundry with his dirty girlfriend. Look at the freakin meatballs...

Yeah right. I am not sure they think anything is beneath them. 

Angelina craps her pants on purpose. Ronnie airs his dirty laundry with his dirty girlfriend. Look at the freakin meatballs...
I meant money-wise.  Plus, the women of that show could not compete.  

I could see Ronnie doing it.  Mike may have some issues getting to the set.  Pauly D has an actual legit gig.  And Vinnie doesn't really seem like the competitive type.

Since they don't make Road Rules anymore, I'm guessing that well is starting to run dry.

I don't mind the new people as long as they stagger them.  Most of these people are fairly new but fit right in.  The problem is that we are on pace to have all new people in the last half of the show and I can't understand a single thing any of them say, and for some reason, MTV only finds it necessary to subtitle the black people.  10 minutes of Bear and Turbo going on like  Brad Pitt in Snatch without nary a subtitle.  Then cut to Kam whispering to D'avonne and the whole conversation is subtitled.   :angry:
They must have a different version that they air in my region. I can’t think of any time I’ve seen Turbo talk without subtitles. And they subtitle the Brits frequently, like when Kyle was talking about hating Britain. The only times I’ve seen them subtitle the Americans is if they’re not micced or have a strong accent (like Nicole Z).

Jenna and some other dude eliminated by Bear.

HIGHLY doubtful anyone notices Jenna/other guy are gone. :lol: . Was that other guy even on camera this season?

Props to Wes for working on his partner's weakness in swimming and then going out and crushing the challenge.  But as usual with Wes, he lets winning get to his head and acts like an idiot in the Tribunal.  

Hunter has some major issues.

Are they breaking up the teams based on how the show has progressed (and who's left) or think that was going to be the plan all along?

Props to Wes for working on his partner's weakness in swimming and then going out and crushing the challenge.  But as usual with Wes, he lets winning get to his head and acts like an idiot in the Tribunal.  

Hunter has some major issues.

Are they breaking up the teams based on how the show has progressed (and who's left) or think that was going to be the plan all along?
Don't know the answer, but I feel like I ask a similar question every season.  

Users who are viewing this thread