What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you sleep? Back, side, stomach, other? (1 Viewer)

How do you sleep?

• On your back

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • On your side

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • On your stomach

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Other-I’m super weird

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
I used to sleep mainly on my stomach until I had jaw surgery in the mid-90s. Even over 20 years later, the pressure that sleeping on my stomach puts on my face is uncomfortable. I sleep mostly on my back now.

Used to sleep on my stomach until a chiropractor convinced me that doing so was exacerbating my neck issues. It took a couple of years to convert to a back and side sleeper. 

No "next to your wife" responses?  Maybe this board is maturing.

I use a cpap and have started converting to back sleeper (after years of being a side/stomach sleeper). Have a rotator cuff impingement also which makes it tough to sleep on my side. 

Getting old is a pain...literally. 

i sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees :mellow:

best i've slept in years
I've historically been a side-sleeper, but some recent issues with a pinched nerve or something have forced me onto my back.  When seeing a chiropractor and, in that office, a masseuse, I was  told that the above is ideal - on the back with a pillow under the knees.  Apparently you're not using any muscles this way, so everything gets proper rest.  :shrug:  

90% back & 10% side.  Up until I was in my early twenties I slept primarily in the fetal position. 

I use a cpap and have started converting to back sleeper (after years of being a side/stomach sleeper). Have a rotator cuff impingement also which makes it tough to sleep on my side. 

Getting old is a pain...literally. 
name checks out

I've historically been a side-sleeper, but some recent issues with a pinched nerve or something have forced me onto my back.  When seeing a chiropractor and, in that office, a masseuse, I was  told that the above is ideal - on the back with a pillow under the knees.  Apparently you're not using any muscles this way, so everything gets proper rest.  :shrug:  
for the past... decade i've really struggled getting comfortable. or wake up with a really sore back & neck. just awful. nothing worked.

happened across a random facebook or reddit or buzzfeed article somewhere that said to try this method out. the first night i didn't budge an inch or wake up once. felt fresh as a daisy in the morning. 

going on 2 months of just great sleep. back to waking up before my alarm. feel rested. no more pain.  it's crazy.

95% side, 5% back. Of the side portion, about 75% left side. Haven’t slept on stomach since I was a kid.

i don’t have a link but I read a few weeks ago some article about a study that identified various benefits to side sleeping, depending on which side was dominant. Can’t remember the specifics though.

We got a hot tub about a year ago.  I like to sit in it for like 10 minutes before bed.   I have never slept better.  Doesn't matter the position because in less than 10 minutes after lying down I am completely out!  

I basically form a cocoon.  Sleep on my left side with blankets folded/tucked between my knees.  Will wake up on my back occasionally, but then go right back to the cocoon. 

I've been told sleeping on your back is better for your spine.

I sleep on my stomach, because how important is your spine anyways.
When you’re spineless?  Not very.

*this was unnecessarily mean but too obvious to pass us - please forgive me 

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the "other" option? Hanging upside down? Standing? Sitting in a chair? (My grandfather slept in a chair the last couple of years he was alive)

After hanging out in Krista’s Beatles thread for the past several weeks, I can’t help but look at the title of this one and start humming John Lennon’s acerbic tune of the same name. Who sleeps in one position anyway? Roll Over Beethoven, I’m So Tired.

Mostly stomach and it's horrible. Wish I could be a ba k sleeper.
Actually what got me thinking of this. I sleep often on my stomach with my arms folded under my head/pillow, and I have been deceloping shoulder and upper back issues. Thinking maybe this isn’t helping. 

Users who are viewing this thread