What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which way? (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
This is two separate two part questions.  But similar in what's being asked.

1) If you put your hands together like you're praying, so your thumbs are closest to your face, which hand's thumb is closest to your face.  And are you left or right handed?

2) If you cross your arms across your chest, which arm is the lowest?  And are you left handed or right handed?

I ask because it seems like it's a 50/50 chance of how you do each, but if I put my hands together in a praying way, doing it one way seems incredibly weird.  But even crazier, if I try to cross my arms in front of my chest putting the arm that's usually on top, towards the bottom, my brain has trouble even trying to figure out how that works.  I already know I'm crazy, so there's always that chance, but I was just wondering if anyone else every tried this?  Or is it possible that everyone crosses their fingers and arms the same way? Doubtful, but who knows.

my left thumb and arm in both cases bromigo but i am right handed although i batted lefty primarily but could switch take that to the bank brochacho 

Right-handed.

Praying - both thumbs equal, although left thumb occasionally ends up on top. More important distinction is that the right index finger is on top.

Crossing arms - right arm tucked in (which I guess means the left arm is lowest).

Right thumb, right handed.

Left arm, right handed.

Although... I do play guitar left-handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right handed 

Left thumb on top 

Left arm lowest

Bonus

Left leg on top if crossing legs

Right, Right.  Feels weird to do the opposite.

Left, Right.  Feels fine to do the opposite.

Praying - both thumbs equal, although left thumb occasionally ends up on top. More important distinction is that the right index finger is on top.
Wait... hold on.  So you're telling me from bottom to top it goes:

L pinky

R pinky

L ring

R ring

L middle

R middle

L pointer

R pointer

R thumb

L thumb

L, R, L, R, L, R, L, R, R, L

What kind of ####ing monster are you?

1) If you put your hands together like you're praying, so your thumbs are closest to your face, which hand's thumb is closest to your face.  And are you left or right handed?

2) If you cross your arms across your chest, which arm is the lowest?  And are you left handed or right handed?
1) Left is closer - I am right handed.

2) Right is lower -  I am right handed.

and yes it was very difficult for me to get my arms crossed in the opposite way.

Wait... hold on.  So you're telling me from bottom to top it goes:

L pinky

R pinky

L ring

R ring

L middle

R middle

L pointer

R pointer

R thumb

L thumb

L, R, L, R, L, R, L, R, R, L

What kind of ####ing monster are you?
Childhood habit based on too many nursery rhymes.

Here is the church.
Here is the steeple.
Open the door.
Where's all the people?

Right-handed.

Crossing arms - right arm tucked in (which I guess means the left arm is lowest).
Wait, what?  :confused:   How does one interlace their fingers and have two line up equal.  Are you praying with the big steeple?  I might have not explained it correctly.  Praying with your fingers interlaced.

Wait, what?  :confused:   How does one interlace their fingers and have two line up equal.  Are you praying with the big steeple?  I might have not explained it correctly.  Praying with your fingers interlaced.
Many would not interlock their fingers when praying, but rather just push palms together with fingers pointing upward.

For me... right, right

and right, right

Right-handed.

http://exploringmyreligion.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Pic-Prayer-hands-300x200.jpg

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/holding-both-hands-together-fingers-crossed-122871217

https://www.nm.org//-/media/Northwestern/healthbeat/images/medical-advances/new-therapies/nm-power-grasp-tnail.jpg

I ask because it seems like it's a 50/50 chance of how you do each, but if I put my hands together in a praying way, doing it one way seems incredibly weird.  But even crazier, if I try to cross my arms in front of my chest putting the arm that's usually on top, towards the bottom, my brain has trouble even trying to figure out how that works.  I already know I'm crazy, so there's always that chance, but I was just wondering if anyone else every tried this?  Or is it possible that everyone crosses their fingers and arms the same way? Doubtful, but who knows.
 1)  my thumbs are even :unsure:       oh read the update.   You mean interlock.  Left thumb closer 

2)  my left arm goes over my right forearm  if thats what you are asking.  I'm left handed but pretty ambidextrous 

Ok, I see we're getting caught up on the praying thing.  

Are you guys saying that if you interlock your fingers you automatically don't interlock your thumbs too?

Actually, let's just throw the thumbs out completely.  Which hand's finger is the closest to you.

I looked this up once, I think it's just muscle-memory why one way just feels more comfortable than the other. You start doing it one way as a child and never change it up and then a half lifetime later it's the only way you can do things.
This makes sense.  I just wasn't sure if right handers were more likely to do it one way than others.  But looking at the results, it really just seems to be random.  That's so odd to me.  

Right-handed. Verrrrrry right-handed.

Right over left on arms crossing but, i was such a good altar boy that, whether hands cross or are together (my praying style as a kid), my thumbs lineup perfectly even in prayer mode. My left index finger is closest to my face when folding fingers

Right handed

Left thumb is on top when praying (right pinky on bottom) - feels weird to do the opposite

Left arm on bottom - feels fine to switch though

Left thumb

left arm

I identify as lefthanded but I write left , throw a football left , throw a baseball and pitch righ , basketball-shoot left and dominant hand in hockey is left, left hand on top

Righting handed

Praying - left thumb on top though if I go right on top it feels a little weird but doable

Arms folded - Left arm on top.  Feels weird as hell the other way.

Right handed but left wins in both other questions. I also swing a bat, golf and play hockey left handed.

Left-thumb, Left-handed

Right-arm, Left-handed

Left handed. But thee only things I do with my left hand is write, and fork/spoon.

Users who are viewing this thread