What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your rookie drafts - 2019 (4 Viewers)

Thanks for posting! Always interested in 16 team IDP, That is what I play. How many IDP Do you start? Break out DT and CB? What is the scoring like for IDP?
Seconded - always valuable for those of us who play in IDP to see what's happening. Looks like the two Devins will be going very high in most drafts. 

Doesn't it take an extra year or so before the player gets back to normal after that?
Not as a blanket rule. Depends on the severity. Leveon Bell had a lisfranc injury and had a pretty good rookie season all things considered. If there is surgery, yes, because usually the screws have to come out. 

Considering a team spent a 1st round pick on him, I'm sure it checked out with their med team. 

12 Team PPR (Draft Ongoing.  I'll update as picks are made.  I wont post link because a lot of FBG users are in the league) 

The same owner has 2nd, 5th, 8th, 10th, & 11th

1.01 - Jacobs
1.02 - Harry
1.03 - DK Metcalf
1.04 - D. Montgomery
1.05 - M. Sanders
1.06 - A. Brown
1.07 - P. Campbell
1.08 - M. Brown
1.09 - H. Butler
1.10 - Hockenson
1.11 - Fant
1.12 - Arcega-Whiteside
2.01 - M. Hardman
2.02 - D. Henderson
2.03 - K. Murray
2.04 - D. Samuel
2.05 - Isabella
2.06 - J. Sternberger
2.07 - D. Singletary
2.08 - H. Renfrow
2.09 - I. Smith Jr
2.10 - McLaurin
2.11 - K. Harmon
2.12 - Di. Johnson

2nd Round Complete

16 (actually 32/2) IDP with dt/cb PPR

http://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=16262&O=17

1.011.Herdin FlerkinsJacobs, Josh OAK RB(R)Mon Apr 29 6:44:21 a.m. CT 2019 

1.022.Strange BrewHarry, N'Keal NEP WR (R)Mon Apr 29 6:17:15 p.m. CT 2019[Pick traded from Mack Attack .]
Sorry to those who were working on acquiring this. I have no time to deal.

1.033.Wellington WarriorsHarry, N'Keal NEP WR (R)Mon Apr 29 7:28:05 p.m. CT 2019 

1.044.Strange BrewMetcalf, DK SEA WR (R)Mon Apr 29 9:10:52 p.m. CT 2019[Pick traded from Coney's Combo.]
Trusting my gut here

1.055.OvO SoundJacobs, Josh OAK RB(R)Mon Apr 29 9:17:45 p.m. CT 2019 

1.066.the "Jo|{er"Metcalf, DK SEA WR (R)Tue Apr 30 5:50:34 a.m. CT 2019 

1.077.Indiana Reef DonkeysMurray, Kyler ARI QB(R)Tue Apr 30 10:54:25 a.m. CT 2019 

1.088.Sweet nessMurray, Kyler ARI QB(R)Tue Apr 30 1:07:55 p.m. CT 2019 

1.099.Strange BrewBrown, A.J. TEN WR (R)Tue Apr 30 3:49:37 p.m. CT 2019[Pick traded from Toronto Argonauts .]

1.1010.G-Funk Squish n SplurtBrown, A.J. TEN WR (R)Tue Apr 30 3:49:37 p

The fact that Isabella is falling so far (even behind Butler!?!) gives me a lot of hope that I can trade back and still get him.

0.5 PPR, started at 8AM today

1.01 - Josh Jacobs (RB)

1.02 - David Montgomery (RB)

1.03 - N'Keal Harry (WR)

1.04 - AJ Brown (WR)

1.05 - TJ Hockenson (TE)

1.06 - DK Metcalf (WR)

1.07 - Parris Campbell (WR)

1.08 - Marquise Brown (WR)

1.09 - Deebo Samuel (WR)

1.10 - Miles Sanders (RB)

1.11 - Noah Fant (QB)

1.12 - Devin Singletary (RB)

2.01 - Kyler Murray (QB)

2.02 - Darrell Henderson (RB)
Updated through Round 1. My picks in bold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed N'Keal Harry at 1.05 and Marquise Brown at 2.05,  Premium TE with tiered PPR (0.5, 1.0, and 1.5).

First 4 were Josh Jacobs,  David Montgomery, TJ Hockenson, and Miles Sanders (missed him by this much, Chief)

Grabbed N'Keal Harry at 1.05 and Marquise Brown at 2.05,  Premium TE with tiered PPR (0.5, 1.0, and 1.5).

First 4 were Josh Jacobs,  David Montgomery, TJ Hockenson, and Miles Sanders (missed him by this much, Chief)
Crazy to see Brown drop that far. Must be a bunch of Shark Pool guys in your league 

0.5 ppr will update when I can 

1. N’Keal Harry WR

2. Josh Jacobs RB  ( my pick ) 

3. David Montgomery RB

4. AJ Brown WR

5. M Sanders RB

6. DK Metcalf WR

7. Parris Campbell WR

8. Marquise Brown WR

9. TJ Hockenson TE

10. Deebo Samuel WR

11. Arcega Whiteside WR

12. Hakeem Butler WR

SECOND ROUND

13. Darrell Henderson RB

14. Andy Isabella WR  ( my pick ) 

15. M Hardman WR

16. N Fant TE

17. Kyler Murray QB

18. D Singletary RB

19. D Johnson WR

20.. J Hill RB

21. K Harmon WR

22.M Boykin WR

23. D Haskins QB

24. B Love RB ( my pick ) 

THIRD ROUND 

25. Irv Smith Jnr TE 

26. Jace Sternberger TE ( my pick ) 

27. Damien Harris RB

28. Devine Ozigbo RB ( my pick, I screwed this up was in limited WIFI abroad and didn’t have time to think properly ) 

29. Alexander Mattison RB

30. Jalen Hurd WR 

31. Rodney Anderson RB 

32. Terry McLaurin WR 

33. Darwin Thompson RB ( who I wish I’d taken instead of Ozigbo ) 

34. Ryquell Armstead RB

35. Gary Jennings WR 

36. Benny Snell RB 

FOURTH ROUND 

37. Alex Barnes RB 

38. Preston Williams WR ( my pick ) 
Updated. 

Wood Chippers is killing that draft... And needed to. :bag:
Looks like Paul Walker's Driving School is having a pretty good draft too. What a ######## to have a team name like that, lol. You just know he's an annual contender. Can't have swag like that and be a loser.

I still see AJ Brown going top5 in a lot of these drafts.  I swore I'd be able to get him 1.08-1.10 in some leagues after the Titans thing, but I guess not.  He's 5th on my board right now when I had him #2.  Seems weird to still see him go top5 when he was barely considered there before the draft I feel.  

How do they devalue QB in superflex? Does most of the league not know how to determine player values? Unfavorable QB scoring? 
Beats me but they fell last year in the draft outside of me taking Baker early and they do not fetch top dollar in trades or with the start up auction. It's weird and I don't get it

Beats me but they fell last year in the draft outside of me taking Baker early and they do not fetch top dollar in trades or with the start up auction. It's weird and I don't get it
That's frustrating.  I guess all you can do is load up on QB value and wait for them to realize that QBs just need volume to outperform everyone outside of the top studs. 

I still see AJ Brown going top5 in a lot of these drafts.  I swore I'd be able to get him 1.08-1.10 in some leagues after the Titans thing, but I guess not.  He's 5th on my board right now when I had him #2.  Seems weird to still see him go top5 when he was barely considered there before the draft I feel.  
Right now he is the posterchild for good talent bad situation....just have to hope situation changes when they move on from mariota

Hey Guys. Making sure we're clear.

Do not post content here that is premium content from another site. Thanks.

How do they devalue QB in superflex? Does most of the league not know how to determine player values? Unfavorable QB scoring? 
I can't speak for that league but in mine, QB is devalued a bit more than one would think by also starting up to 5 RB, 6 WR, and 4 TE. 

Scoring is fairly balanced too. 15 QB scored more than 300 points, but so did 7 RB, 12 WR, 2 TE (kittle netted 294), and one defense. Obviously Mahomes killed (20% more than the 2nd scorer, over 600 to under 500). But you aren't dead in the water if you don't start 2 QB every week. You want two, like to have 3, but you can win games without. 

12 Team PPR (my picks in bold) - 2 different drafts

1.01 Josh Jacobs

1.02 Miles Sanders

1.03 N'Keal Harry

1.04 David Montgomery

1.05 Parris Campbell

1.06 Hakeem Butler

1.07 Mecole Hardman

1.08 DK Metcalf

1.09 Darrell Henderson

1.10 Damien Harris

1.11 AJ Brown

12 Team PPR

1.01 Josh Jacobs

1.02 N'Keal Harry

1.03 Miles Sanders

1.04 David Montgomery

1.05 Marquise Brown

1.06 AJ Brown

1.07 Parris Campbell

1.08 DK Metcalf

1.09 TJ Hockenson

1.10 Hakeem Butler

1.11 Darrell Henderson

1.12 Mecole Hardman

1.13 Deebo Samuel

2.01 Noah Fant

2.02 JJ Arcega-Whiteside

2.03 Andy Isabella

2.04 Damien Harris

2.05 Kyler Murray

2.06 Irv Smith, Jr

2.07 Dwayne Haskins

2.08 Devin Singletary

Would a trade back from 4 to 13 in order to free up 14%of my cap space make sense?  Looks like I'd be going from Montgomery / Isabella to something like Henderson / Isabella with my first two picks.

Would a trade back from 4 to 13 in order to free up 14%of my cap space make sense?  Looks like I'd be going from Montgomery / Isabella to something like Henderson / Isabella with my first two picks.
Wrong thread to ask this question in

Just to update anyone whose looking at SF, this draft is wild. I’m at 1.11 and going to be very happy when my pick comes up 

1.01 Murray

1.02 Harry

1.03 Jacobs

1.04 Sanders

1.05 Haskins

1.06 Montgomery

1.07 D. Samuel

1.08 Arcega-Whiteside

1.09 Butler

I am shocked Metcalf has fallen like this, the TEs are also a bit surprising as I thought one would come off the board. I hadn’t dared hope Brown would make it to my next pick at 11 but I’m going to get him or Metcalf, I’m fine with both their question makes at those spots. Also I had previously said that I expected Haskins to go later only for him to go with the next pick. Shows little I know. Also interesting, of the first 9 picks, 5 were otc trades and 1 was a trade within 24 hours of the draft and the guy trading back in the mid round has been getting 2020 1sts

https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2019/options?L=26921&O=17

Just to update anyone whose looking at SF, this draft is wild. I’m at 1.11 and going to be very happy when my pick comes up 

1.01 Murray

1.02 Harry

1.03 Jacobs

1.04 Sanders

1.05 Haskins

1.06 Montgomery

1.07 D. Samuel

1.08 Arcega-Whiteside

1.09 Butler

I am shocked Metcalf has fallen like this, the TEs are also a bit surprising as I thought one would come off the board. I hadn’t dared hope Brown would make it to my next pick at 11 but I’m going to get him or Metcalf, I’m fine with both their question makes at those spots. Also I had previously said that I expected Haskins to go later only for him to go with the next pick. Shows little I know. Also interesting, of the first 9 picks, 5 were otc trades and 1 was a trade within 24 hours of the draft and the guy trading back in the mid round has been getting 2020 1sts

Your pick at 2.02 will also be nice- between dk, the two browns, the two tes, Parris Campbell, maybe mecole, lots of options there. 

12 team PPR Superflex (No Kicker or D, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex spots)

Round 1

1. Kyler Murray
  2. Miles Sanders
  3. Josh Jacobs
  4. N'Keal Harry
  5. Dwayne Haskins
  6. David Montgomery
  7. AJ Brown
  8. DK Metcalf
  9. Deebo Samuel
  10. Hakeem Hutler
  11. TJ Hockenson
  12. Noah Fant
Round 2

1. Mecole Hardman
  2. JJ Arcega-Whiteside
  3. Parris Campbell
  4. Marquise Brown
  5. Diontae Johnson
  6. Darrell Henderson
  7. Andy Isabella
  8. Devin Singletary
  9. Drew Lock
  10. Miles Boykin
  11. Daniel Jones
  12. Irv Smith Jr.
Round 3

1. Terry McLaurin
  2. Kelvin Harmon
  3. Damien Harris

Will post updates once more picks come in. 

doowain said:
12 Team PPR (my picks in bold) - 2 different drafts

1.01 Josh Jacobs
1.02 Miles Sanders
1.03 N'Keal Harry
1.04 David Montgomery
1.05 Parris Campbell
1.06 Hakeem Butler
1.07 Mecole Hardman
1.08 DK Metcalf
1.09 Darrell Henderson
1.10 Damien Harris
1.11 AJ Brown (traded up from 1.12 to draft)
1.12 TJ Hockenson
1.13 Deebo Samuel
2.01 Marquise Brown
2.02 Noah Fant
2.03 Kyler Murray (traded up from 2.06 to draft)

12 Team PPR

1.01 Josh Jacobs
1.02 N'Keal Harry

1.03 Miles Sanders
1.04 David Montgomery
1.05 Marquise Brown
1.06 AJ Brown
1.07 Parris Campbell
1.08 DK Metcalf
1.09 TJ Hockenson
1.10 Hakeem Butler

1.11 Darrell Henderson
1.12 Mecole Hardman
1.13 Deebo Samuel
2.01 Noah Fant
2.02 JJ Arcega-Whiteside
2.03 Andy Isabella
2.04 Damien Harris
2.05 Kyler Murray
2.06 Irv Smith, Jr
2.07 Dwayne Haskins
2.08 Devin Singletary
2.09 Benny Snell
2.10 Diontae Johnson
2.11 Miles Boykin
2.12 Jace Sternberger
3.01 Justice Hill
3.02 Jalen Hurd

Really odd pick for Murray there... I guess he really wanted him and either didn't want to try to trade down, or couldn't find a deal? He doesn't pick again until 3.02, so without a trade I guess that's his only shot at him. 
He had the 2.2 and took bush but yes odd selection considering he has Flacco, Eli and Mariota on roster.  Could have grabbed the two rook backups to Flacco and Eli at a cheaper price and picked for need at RB or WR.  To each his own.

He had the 2.2 and took bush but yes odd selection considering he has Flacco, Eli and Mariota on roster.  Could have grabbed the two rook backups to Flacco and Eli at a cheaper price and picked for need at RB or WR.  To each his own.
Oh hah, I definitely missed that. Yeah, that's totally mystifying. He would have easily been able to take Murray at 2.02. 

Do the teams that tank and have like 7 first rd picks ever end up any good?  We've never had both out 1st and 2nd rd picks, and never have finished out of the top 3 in our league.  We have a quality young team, and it the startup year we drafted Bell, D Freeman and K Benjamin 1, 2, 3...not exactly perfect.  

Every year I see teams that have 4-5-6-7 first rd picks.  Do you ever hit home runs and dominate your league?  Curious.   Not talkin trash.

Do the teams that tank and have like 7 first rd picks ever end up any good?  We've never had both out 1st and 2nd rd picks, and never have finished out of the top 3 in our league.  We have a quality young team, and it the startup year we drafted Bell, D Freeman and K Benjamin 1, 2, 3...not exactly perfect.  

Every year I see teams that have 4-5-6-7 first rd picks.  Do you ever hit home runs and dominate your league?  Curious.   Not talkin trash.
That is my wheelhouse. Yes they do. This is my favorite thing in fantasy. My philosophy is that if you aren't a top 3 or 4 team then you have to make sure you don't stay in the middle.  I take teams and strip them down and rebuild them. That helps you guarantee the 1.1 the following year or 2. You can also get 5 or 6 quarters for a dollar. It only takes one of those to blossom and you are killing it. 

In a 12 team ppr league- I took over the worst team you can imagine 4 years ago (Had to give half price and 1.13 for first 2 seasons it was so bad), stripped down to picks rebuilt through trades and went undefeated with a championship this past season. With one of the best teams you have ever seen.

My goals are first 2 years asset accumulation, I don't care about fantasy points except when it comes to perceived value. Year 3 playoffs with many assets and picks to make the final jump to championship year 4. 

Obviously some luck is involved. But targeting low end teams with deals for future picks is a big part of it.  Having a ton of picks is so valuable because they don't count against roster space. Then you can cycle through players on your roster since you don't care about points and when you hit it is big.  Lots of other thoughts, but this is why I play fantasy football. All about the rebuilds. 

Of course there will be teams that do and don't.  

I sold off assets for rookie picks this year (the reason I have so many).  Kept the young assets (Zeke, Ridley, Guice, Lamar, OJH).  Rebuilding through the draft is sometimes the only viable option.  It's no different than the startup strategy that says sell your picks for future 1sts.  I've seen many teams go that route and end up dominant for 5-7 years.

That is my wheelhouse. Yes they do. This is my favorite thing in fantasy. My philosophy is that if you aren't a top 3 or 4 team then you have to make sure you don't stay in the middle.  I take teams and strip them down and rebuild them. That helps you guarantee the 1.1 the following year or 2. You can also get 5 or 6 quarters for a dollar. It only takes one of those to blossom and you are killing it. 

In a 12 team ppr league- I took over the worst team you can imagine 4 years ago (Had to give half price and 1.13 for first 2 seasons it was so bad), stripped down to picks rebuilt through trades and went undefeated with a championship this past season. With one of the best teams you have ever seen.

My goals are first 2 years asset accumulation, I don't care about fantasy points except when it comes to perceived value. Year 3 playoffs with many assets and picks to make the final jump to championship year 4. 

Obviously some luck is involved. But targeting low end teams with deals for future picks is a big part of it.  Having a ton of picks is so valuable because they don't count against roster space. Then you can cycle through players on your roster since you don't care about points and when you hit it is big.  Lots of other thoughts, but this is why I play fantasy football. All about the rebuilds. 
Nailed it.  There are so many teams that I see finish 1.4-1.9 EVERY YEAR that just never get any better.

1.01 Murray

1.02 Harry

1.03 Jacobs

1.04 Sanders

1.05 Haskins

1.06 Montgomery

1.07 D. Samuel

1.08 Arcega-Whiteside

1.09 Butler

Updating

1.10 Hockinson

1.11 Metcalf

1.12 AJ Brown

2.01 Henderson

2.02 Campbell

2.03 Fant

2.04 D Jones

2.05 Lock

A lots of the egregious falling players have been taken but I still feel Hardman and Hollywood are unexpectedly low based on their situation (Hardman) or capital (Brown). Really thought someone would’ve fallen in love with them earlier. Very pleased though with my gets of Sanders, Metcalf, and Campbell

Of course there will be teams that do and don't.  
Yep, a lot depends on the year and the picks you make. Get the 1.01 when Zeke comes out... great! Get the 1.02 (Coleman? Doctson? Treadwell?) that year and you just set yourself back yet another year of rebuilding. Just look at last year, the 1.01 got a guy that goes 1st overall in many startup drafts now. The owners that were picking after might be sitting on a RoJo or a Penny.

There was a owner in one of my longtime dynastys that gutted his team and got Calvin and ADP. Then rode those guys plus a few other pieces to multiple championships. A different year, I gutted my team and drafted AJG and Julio, that team has been a playoff contender every year since then.

Users who are viewing this thread