What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (4 Viewers)

Dude.  The nfl is basically telling you the RBs and Wrs aren’t top prospects.

picks 5 and later in rookie drafts are same as always but at the top this class sucks...really bad.
Obviously it's missing that clear #1, but picks 1.02 through 1.08 in last year's "loaded" rookie draft were 1.27 in the NFL or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously it's missing that clear #1, but picks 1.02 through 1.08 in last year's "loaded" rookie draft were 1.27 in the NFL or later.
ya, but they were all RB's drafted early/mid 2nd round.  This year i highly doubt we have a run of RB's like we saw last year.

2nd round NFL draft RB's are valued WAY higher than WR's drafted in that range.

We'll find out tomorrow.  

No analysis. It was a question. Do you think he will come in and fill Gronk's role (in this case we'll say from a purely fantasy point perspective)?
He won’t play 1:1 on Gronks role but he will pick up some Gronk seam, some Patterson gadget, some Hogan deep routes. There’s tons of opportunity there and he’s a really impressive prospect with lots of experience outspent and in the slot.

which I dont understand why they spend so much time in a thread about players they hate. it's just to argue
I'll start a unicorn and rainbow thread for you guys to discuss how the 2019 prospects will be better than Kamara, McCaffrey, Barkley, OBJ, etc.

the NFL teams don't like them either.  i'll listen to them.
The best fantasy minds around here have downgraded this class relative to other class (albeit redraft) in the FBg survivor leagues.  They are going as far to draft TEs who historically do nothing in year one of redraft over the WRs and RBs.  

NFL teams seem to like Josh Jacobs more than Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice, Sony Michel, and Kerryon Johnson.  You listening to them on that one too?
Based on the Raiders (ran by a media scout) taking him he's a solid #1 pick in dynasty drafts.  They are gonna feed him.  picks 2-5 are where it's pathetic.  you're gonna be picking a WR drafted 32nd or other 2nd round WR's with picks 2-5.  Maybe a 3rd round RB.

The draft class is awful at the top for FF.  that's a fact based on the draft.

Non fantasy take here, I think every team who ended up having multiple 1st round picks did a poor job using them. I don't know if having the extra picks makes teams more willing to take bigger risks, but I am very underwhelmed with what Atlanta, Green Bay, NY Giants, Oakland, and even Washington ended up with.

Based on the Raiders (ran by a media scout) taking him he's a solid #1 pick in dynasty drafts.  They are gonna feed him.  picks 2-5 are where it's pathetic.  you're gonna be picking a WR drafted 32nd or other 2nd round WR's with picks 2-5.  Maybe a 3rd round RB.

Fair enough but I think these guys fell a bit based on the historically good defensive talent available.

Additionally it's worth noting that over the last 6 years more top fantasy WRs have come out of the 2nd round than the 1st.  If we skip the historic 2014 class then the 2nd round has blown away the 1st in other years.  Yes 2nd round WRs haven't been great as a whole but the reality is that WRs have been hitting at a horrible rate as a whole over the last half decade if not a little longer.  The 2nd round has actually kind of been the sweet spot.

My opinion is also admittedly somewhat tainted by my main leagues being TE premium, which obviously get a big boost this year.

Fair enough but I think these guys fell a bit based on the historically good defensive talent available.

Additionally it's worth noting that over the last 6 years more top fantasy WRs have come out of the 2nd round than the 1st.  If we skip the historic 2014 class then the 2nd round has blown away the 1st in other years.  Yes 2nd round WRs haven't been great as a whole but the reality is that WRs have been hitting at a horrible rate as a whole over the last half decade if not a little longer.  The 2nd round has actually kind of been the sweet spot.

My opinion is also admittedly somewhat tainted by my main leagues being TE premium, which obviously get a big boost this year.
good points.  i'm just talking about how i feel about the players at the present time.  i can't remember a year where 2nd round WR's or 3rd or later RB's got drafted with top 5 rookie picks.

Of course some of these guys will end up good/great, but with a top 5 pick i'm used to taking WR's drafted in the top 15 of the NFL draft or RB's taken in the 1st or high/mid 2nd.  This year we don't have that.

Of course some of these guys will end up good/great, but with a top 5 pick i'm used to taking WR's drafted in the top 15 of the NFL draft or RB's taken in the 1st or high/mid 2nd.  This year we don't have that.
That's fair.  And I think I would agree with that if we amend it to RBs just taken in the 2nd in general, not necessarily early/mid.

Guice, Sankey, Hyde, Lacy, Ball, Tate, Hardesty, McCoy were all late 2nd round picks who generally had an ADP in the top 5ish range.

I guess we'll see if any other RBs slip into the 2nd which granted doesn't seem highly likely for more than 1 or 2 of them.  I do think this WR class resembles last year's RB class a bit though in the way that fantasy players are much higher on it than NFL teams are willing to spend high capital on it, though again it's fair to say it's different for 2nd round RBs than 2nd round WRs.

What happens when Metcalf goes to the Chiefs? No I'm not saying that will happen but don't you think that's an instant 1.01 candidate? I think a top WR in Seattle will look awfully good, too.

which I dont understand why they spend so much time in a thread about players they hate. it's just to argue
it's basically a fact if tomorrow a bunch of RB's don't go in the 2nd.

I mean we have 20 years of history to show how strong classes are at the rb/wr position (which is what dynasty rookie drafts are based on).  

Maybe you'll be right and tomorrow we'll have a run of RB's in the 2nd round. If not the proof will be in the pudding.

What happens when Metcalf goes to the Chiefs? No I'm not saying that will happen but don't you think that's an instant 1.01 candidate? I think a top WR in Seattle will look awfully good, too.
Mehhhh. Just like Baltimore, Seattle doesn't excite me for a WR. Especially of this class. Only NFL team that runs more than 50% of their plays.

no.  a WR drafted in the 2nd round should never be considered a solid 1.01 dynasty rookie pick.  

You know, I hated it when they split the draft night into multiple nights, but it really makes the 2nd round so much more fun the last few years. There are some quality players left based on groupthink and draftnik hype, tomorrow night should be neat to watch at the top. We might see Rosen traded for a high pick, might see some jockeying for some of the guys left.

weird draft though, some really questionable picks imo. And I have finally shifted to agree with others that the top of this fantasy draft is really poor. I think there are WR’s on the board that really would have better picks than the 6th or 7th  or 8th D-Lineman taken. Brown is probably off my board entirely, Harry is intriguing but major questions long term with Brady’s age. Jacobs I didn’t like much, but good opportunity in Oakland although I still think he platoons there with Chucky’s history. Great year to draft a TE though.

no.  a WR drafted in the 2nd round should never be solid 1.01 dynasty pick.  
Well I think to your point, this year it may be the case. I'm not really arguing about whether this class sucks compared to previous years. I mostly agree. I'm just saying if the Chiefs take a top WR, especially Metcalf, pairing him with Mahomes is scary. Adds some cream to the top of the rookie draft board. I think there are a couple other spots for WRs and my boy Henderson, that the top 5 will look better than you think. 

Dave Gettleman and Mike Mayock set the league back 15 years last night. Eagles, Colts and Pats did what they do. Thought the Redskins and Packers won the night and really didn’t have to do a lot to do so. I would be kind of pissed if I was a Saints fan. It should still sting they gave up so much for Davenport last year to watch him make a limited impact year 1 and then to have the Redskins get Sweat so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread