What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (8 Viewers)

It does happen and it’s not his fault.    It’s maddening though when week two you lose Campbell and get a 0 and the same thing happens the following week.   There will be much better weeks ahead.  
Ooh, guess you missed the memo on 2020... I'm thinking, much worse weeks ahead.

It does happen and it’s not his fault.    It’s maddening though when week two you lose Campbell and get a 0 and the same thing happens the following week.   There will be much better weeks ahead.  
I've lost 7 players to injury so far. Yahoo projected i would go 12-1 and score the 2nd most points. I'm 0-3 and I've scored the least amount of points in the league. Lolol

FBG's rate my team had me at 90% chance to make the playoffs. Lolol

Last edited by a moderator:
I've lost 7 players to injury so far. Yahoo projected i would go 12-1 and score the 2nd most points. I'm 0-3 and I've scored the least amount of points in the league. Lolol

FBG's rate my team had me at 90% chance to make the playoffs. Lolol
It’s been a brutal FF season.   We just have to keep fighting to try to rack up enough wins to squeak into the playoffs.  

It’s been a brutal FF season.   We just have to keep fighting to try to rack up enough wins to squeak into the playoffs.  
Yeah that's all you can do. Keep grinding. At least you did well last year. I've been running like this for 3-4 years now. Hell 2 years ago I was 3rd in scoring and missed the playoffs. I lost Fournette for 6 weeks to injury and LeVeon Bell held out all year that season. How good would that team have with both those guys playing lol. 

It was probably 8 years since I won the league last so I am familiar with struggling in FF.   It’s not fun losing but the game is enjoyable.   As long as you can laugh off the defeats and enjoy the time with your league teammates, FF is still a positive.   

My WRs in a league I drafted from the 9th spot:

Micheal Thomas

Devante Adams

Mike Evans

Courtland Sutton

Dionte Johnson

It's been fun. 
It's the marathon, not a sprint.  Better for some of your players to get hurt now than latter end of the season.  But man, that was a helluva WR depth.  

Diontae Johnson is officially in the concussion protocol.

As expected. Johnson left early in Week 3 and will have to clear tests before suiting up again. Concussions are tough to predict, meaning he's 50/50 as of Tuesday to play Week 4's contest. The Steelers are also waiting on the Titans' COVID-19 test results to make sure they'll be able to play this weekend (or perhaps Monday) after eight members of the organization tested positive. If healthy, Johnson is a WR2 while leading the team in target share. It's best to at least have a backup plan in place in the short term.

SOURCE: Teresa Varley on Twitter

Sep 29, 2020, 5:24 PM ET

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson (concussion) did individual drills at Thursday's practice. 

Johnson, who this week was placed in the NFL's concussion protocol, was seen wearing a helmet and lining up with other Steelers receivers. The Steelers' Week 4 matchup against Tennessee has been postponed after the Titans had a COVID-19 outbreak, but Johnson being able to get in some practice is hopeful for his Week 5 prospects. 

SOURCE: Joe Rutter on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 2:19 PM ET

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson (back) is questionable to return for Week 5 against the Eagles.

Johnson was spotted with his helmet in hand on the sidelines so it's possible that he returns at some point. Chase Claypool is going to work with the extra opportunities. He has a receiving score and a rushing score versus the Eagles.

SOURCE: Brooke Pryor on Twitter

Oct 11, 2020, 1:42 PM ET

Feels like a great buy-low guy, could be dirt cheap after this Claypool game. I'm not sure Claypool effects Johnson at all, they play very different roles. 

I would never question the toughness of a football player, but this guy appears to be soft as Charmin (in relative football terms).   Very disappointing.

I would never question the toughness of a football player, but this guy appears to be soft as Charmin (in relative football terms).   Very disappointing.
Yeah it’s disappointing that he hasn’t been fantasy relevant but calling him soft (this early in his career) is a stretch to say the least.  He was concussed (would hardly call that soft), came back and injured on a punt return.  

At #8, I doubt I’ll be able to get Claypool off waivers this week.  Really wonder how both produce when Dionte is back on field.  The way Ben and Claypool connected, not comfortable starting Dionte moving forward.

At #8, I doubt I’ll be able to get Claypool off waivers this week.  Really wonder how both produce when Dionte is back on field.  The way Ben and Claypool connected, not comfortable starting Dionte moving forward.
There's enough balls to go around in this passing attack. 

:confused:  This isn’t 2018. This is a stingy defense and an offense that wants to control the clock. Ben is 20th in pass attempts... 21 is Kirk Cousins.
Ben has 1,016 passing yards and 10 TDs in 4 games - are you including the fact that Steelers have had their bye while all other teams have not?

I realize they have a great defense now and don't have to air it out - but it's still a pass first offense. Ebron and McDonald don't demand targets and neither do the RBs. There will be enough targets between JJSS, Johnson and Claypool - with Washington mixed in.

Let's also take into account that the Steelers have played the Giants, Broncos, Houston and Philadelphia, all struggling offenses. Now I do think their defense will continue to be very good, but there will be games where they'll need to open it up even more.

I wasn't saying this team will lead the league is pass attempts but Ben with those three weapons the passing game will put up numbers.

Ben has 1,016 passing yards and 10 TDs in 4 games - are you including the fact that Steelers have had their bye while all other teams have not?

I realize they have a great defense now and don't have to air it out - but it's still a pass first offense. Ebron and McDonald don't demand targets and neither do the RBs. There will be enough targets between JJSS, Johnson and Claypool - with Washington mixed in.

Let's also take into account that the Steelers have played the Giants, Broncos, Houston and Philadelphia, all struggling offenses. Now I do think their defense will continue to be very good, but there will be games where they'll need to open it up even more.

I wasn't saying this team will lead the league is pass attempts but Ben with those three weapons the passing game will put up numbers.
That's only 250 yds per game and 2.5 TDs - 4 of which went to Claypool yesterday. Between 3 WRs, TE and the RBs that pie is sliced pretty thin

That's only 250 yds per game and 2.5 TDs - 4 of which went to Claypool yesterday. Between 3 WRs, TE and the RBs that pie is sliced pretty thin
Yes the yardage is low (On pace for just over 4,000 yards) but that's 40 TD passes on the season and like I said the Steelers will face better offenses over the course of the season.

Not to nitpick but only 3 TD passes went to Claypool - he ran the other one in. I don't expect that the rookie will be the only one scoring those TDs each week. Bottom line is that each WR will see some down weeks, but Ben will keep them all relevant over the course of the season. Johnson was seeing good target numbers before he got hurt and will continue to see them when healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Equally confusing is saying they didn’t open it up against the bad teams but will be pass happy against Baltimore and Cleveland who they both have to still play twice. Baltimore has rarely been anything other than smash mouth football and the last time they played Cleveland Myles Garrett tried to turn into Jason Vorhees. Doubt that’s going to be a pass happy escapade either. 

Equally confusing is saying they didn’t open it up against the bad teams but will be pass happy against Baltimore and Cleveland who they both have to still play twice. Baltimore has rarely been anything other than smash mouth football and the last time they played Cleveland Myles Garrett tried to turn into Jason Vorhees. Doubt that’s going to be a pass happy escapade either. 
Maybe it was confusing to you - but my point of who they played so far was to show that their defense has faced four terrible offenses this season and when they play better opposing offenses, their offense may need to carry them more.

Baltimore was the highest scoring offense in 2019 by the way and while Garrett has been a force teams have thrown all over Cleveland this season - they are ranked 30th in pass defense.

Yeah, I’m going to hold onto Johnson for now.  At least I have Connor.  Still feels like DJ is headed from WR 2/1 to WR 2/3, both with the emergence of Claypool and DJs inability to stay on field so far. But we’ll see.   I do get and agree with @Dr. Octopus points however. 

I think this  "down on Diontae" over Claypools emergence or he is made of glass talk is a terrible overreaction and this coming from someone who I''d be willing to bet if I stacked up the leagues I've been impacted by his early losses I'll have suffered more then anyone in here.

He played the entire year last year with a groin injury he suffered in training camp that needed surgery when the season was over. He's playing through a toe injury right now. I don't see anyone questioning his toughness but that should put an end to that talk.

He's not a big guy but the anyone of any size can get concussed on a solid hit to the head. And as for the back injury again that stuff can happen to anyone. Is he starting to cook up a high list of ailments on his resume? Yes but that happens to players sometimes and we see a lot of them get over it as they get more used to the NFL.

As for his role on the team it's secure and I see Claypool not impacting that in the least, if anything should help open things up.

😂 Johnson might lead the team in receptions.  From the over reactions here, my take is buy low especially in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread