What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (2 Viewers)

The link has some other numbers for reference

Football recruiting expenses jumped more than $1 million to $3.7 million in the most recent fiscal year. The Bulldogs already led the nation in the previous fiscal year—by $250,000 more than Alabama—according to numbers reported by USA Today.

Clemson reported spending $2.2 million on football recruiting and Oklahoma $1.28 million for the 2019 fiscal year.

Georgia's football recruiting spending in fiscal year 2019 is more than five times what it was in fiscal year 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link has some other numbers for reference

Football recruiting expenses jumped more than $1 million to $3.7 million in the most recent fiscal year. The Bulldogs already led the nation in the previous fiscal year—by $250,000 more than Alabama—according to numbers reported by USA Today.

Clemson reported spending $2.2 million on football recruiting and Oklahoma $1.28 million for the 2019 fiscal year.

Georgia's football recruiting spending in fiscal year 2019 is more than five times what it was in fiscal year 2014.
It's working.   They'll be dangerous if they ever get a coach.

Amid a messy lawsuit and allegations of cheating, as well as a significant downturn in the on field product, Mark Dantonio has retired from Michigan State.

I was going to say that the only replacement they would be able to find at this late date would be an internal promotion on an interim basis.

but if there are cheating allegations don't you want an outsider? maybe an NFL assistant or coord?

I was going to say that the only replacement they would be able to find at this late date would be an internal promotion on an interim basis.

but if there are cheating allegations don't you want an outsider? maybe an NFL assistant or coord?
The names you will hear are Fickell and Narduzzi. Not sure if either would take the job. 

please tell me he wears a sweater

@colton_pouncy: Per the school: Defensive coordinator Mike Tressel will serve as acting head coach until a search is conducted to find Dantonio’s replacement.

Glad he’s gone  :bye: . Program has been broken for a long time. Time for a big change in East Lansing.

Nice he left a day before signing day. And the retirement announcement via tweet is weak. What legacy coach does that?

CHRIS TORELLO

@TorelloSports

· 8h

I can now confirm #UCF has won the #IowaCaucus. When asked for the numbers a Knights spokesperson said: “We don’t have them. But no one else in the field went undefeated in 2017, DID THEY?!” When I reminded them there was no presidential election in 2017, they said: “SO?”

Somebody needs to tell Luke Fickell he can get a better gig than Sparty facing possible sanctions if he waits one more year.
@PeteThamel: Sources: Luke Fickell has decided to stay at Cincinnati. After interviewing for Michigan State on Sunday and talking it over with his family, he elected to stay put.

Pretty sure current DC and interim HC Mike Tressel will be the next head coach at MSU. Not too many good viable options available so late in the game right now.

For Colorado, your first call is to Eric Bienemy, right?
He may have a bad taste in his mouth from what happened with Embree, but even if that is water under the bridge he is betting odds to be the #1 candidate going into 2021 in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he makes this jump.

whoknew said:
For Colorado, your first call is to Eric Bienemy, right?
Looks like they've reached out to Bienemy.  I'm sure he'll consider but wonder if he'll want to leave the NFL when he's still on the short list for a HC spot, perhaps next season.  Interesting to see if he'll leave for college.

Colorado is indeed working toward a deal with former UCLA coach/current Dolphins assistant Karl Dorrell, source tells @usatodaysports. He will be the coach there barring a last-minute snag. @PeteThamel had it first.

--

Wow. That seems like a rather uninspiring hire. Is that the best Colorado could do?

Wow. That seems like a rather uninspiring hire. Is that the best Colorado could do?
Sounds like their target Sark turned them down to be OC for another year, I guess assuming he gets a better offer. P12 is not the place to be these days.

Wow UGA swipes Bama’s strength coach who has been with Saban since his start there. Major move. 

Great distraction this evening of The History of the SEC on the SECN...a decade an hour covers a ton.

So apparently I got banned from the CFB subreddit back in January. I called some Ohio State fans who were saying they should be the team playing LSU a bunch of whiny midwestern fat ####s and they banned me. OH I’M SORRY, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!

Users who are viewing this thread