What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (10 Viewers)

I think that IS the reason why USC is sticking with Helton.  The new AD was told how much he had to spend on a new HC and his staff and it wasn't much.  USC just had to pay out something like $400MM to settle lawsuits, so the cupboards are bare financially and HEY, CLAY HELTON!  WE LOVE YOU NOW!
What kind of lawsuits? 

What kind of lawsuits? 
They settled recently for over 200mm (paraphrasing the legalese) due to an on-campus OBGYN who was sexually violating female students for over 30 years.  Really disgusting stuff - USC turned a blind eye to it and bungled it when confronted with it.  

I think they had another large lawsuit as well.  Joel Klatt was touting the $400mm figure today on radio.  USC president not about to break the bank for football coaches in light of these settlements. 

a lot of good defensive linemen going pro this year

@JimNagy_SB: After today’s commitment from Alabama DT @Raekwondavis_99, here’s what the Reese’s Senior Bowl South DL depth chart looks like:

Raekwon Davis
Javon Kinlaw
Marlon Davidson
Jabari Zuniga
Darrell Taylor
Jon Greenard
Neville Gallimore 
Jason Strowbridge

#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE 💯

Took the under tonight.  Weather is going to be nasty.  I think Utah wins this one ugly.
Under has been bet down hasn't it?  Herbert has lit up Utah the only two times he faced them.  Both Johnson's and Redd are playing.  I think it plays out like the Auburn game with a better ending.  😃

Under has been bet down hasn't it?  Herbert has lit up Utah the only two times he faced them.  Both Johnson's and Redd are playing.  I think it plays out like the Auburn game with a better ending.  😃
Hard. Opened at 49.  

Herbert ain't right, man.  I hope you are, though. Would be a great win, but I think Utah's ground game will be the difference tonight.  And once that ground game is effective, the deep pass will be there.  Again.  

Hard. Opened at 49.  

Herbert ain't right, man.  I hope you are, though. Would be a great win, but I think Utah's ground game will be the difference tonight.  And once that ground game is effective, the deep pass will be there.  Again.  
Utah doesn't have the playmakers at WR that ASU did.  We'll see.  I'll shut up before @Fat Drunk and Stupid complains of too much Oregon discussion.

At least the PAC is playing its way out of it this year instead of saying they didn’t get their shot. 

I thought it was pretty clear. 

OSU, LSU, Clemson are in no matter what.

UGA in with a win.

Utah in with a win and UGA loss.

OK in with a win and UGA loss and Utah loss.

Baylor in with a win and UGA loss and Utah Loss.

No one else has a shot at 2 losses because one of those 4 teams will have only 1 loss.

I thought it was pretty clear. 

OSU, LSU, Clemson are in no matter what.

UGA in with a win.

Utah in with a win and UGA loss.

OK in with a win and UGA loss and Utah loss.

Baylor in with a win and UGA loss and Utah Loss.

No one else has a shot at 2 losses because one of those 4 teams will have only 1 loss.
OU didn't need the loss by Utah

Oregon's a very good team. Yes they had the ASU loss that's inexcusable, but if not for the August 31st loss to Auburn where they were up 21-6, they'd be in the hunt for #4

Today is the argument against conference champs getting an “auto-bid” in to the field of 8.  Does anybody really think Virginia, Wisconsin or maybe even Baylor are a top-8 team?  I don’t.

Today is the argument against conference champs getting an “auto-bid” in to the field of 8.  Does anybody really think Virginia, Wisconsin or maybe even Baylor are a top-8 team?  I don’t.
If you don’t automate it, the playoff field will be the same every year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
with wins today,  yes.

they're legit Top 12  schools that if you threw in one more win pushes them over the top.

or would the 8 team playoff do away with conference championship games?

it's  not as bad as the NFC LEast getting an auto playoff bid.

why does the MAC have a Saturday afternoon championship? Wouldn't a Wednesday night championship be more on brand? #MACtion

I could live with eye-test top-8 team losing their conference title game and being left out of an 8-team playoff. Kind of the same thing as a strong 1-seed losing in the Sweet 16 during March Madness.

To me, the conference title games could essentially be the unofficial first round of the college football playoffs. Admittedly, this works way better if conferences scrap divisions.

One thing that’s missing in FBS football is the ability for a team to start off 3-2 or even 2-3, then get healthy or get hot, and then streak into the playoffs. All other major college sports have that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread