What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (5 Viewers)

Wow another bad call and even after review a bad call is upheld. Awful refs in the big house tonight on both ends. 

Texas Tech blocks the game winning FG and tried to return it. Eventually they lateral right back to Kansas with 2 seconds to go.  Kansas makes the next FG. 
There's no way that ending was real, right? That had to be one of those "filming a movie during a commercial break in front of a live crowd" things.

Just once I’d like to see Kelly take blame for a game like this. Again his team fails to show up for a big game and guarantee he blames them and execution and nothing on his crap game plan and coaching. 

Just once I’d like to see Kelly take blame for a game like this. Again his team fails to show up for a big game and guarantee he blames them and execution and nothing on his crap game plan and coaching. 
Heard this morning he is 2-10 on the road against ranked teams. Make it 2-11 I guess.

Break up Rutgers!!!

(Already kinda happening because of the transfer rules, but work with me)
YUGE game next week between the two teams Rutgers has beaten.

By the way, I'm surprised no one mentioned today's thriller between what Herbstreit during Game Day called "two of the worst teams in history."  :lmao:

In case you're wondering, I made it to halfway through the fourth quarter, only because it was Homecoming and a freaking perfect fall weather day today in Western Mass.

Nice tackling ND.  What the hell happened to this defense?  I knew this offense would struggle against good teams, but holy hell, this is pathetic. 

Nice tackling ND.  What the hell happened to this defense?  I knew this offense would struggle against good teams, but holy hell, this is pathetic. 
The team is a reflection of their coaches. They quit. The coaches quit first and they should be additionally flogged by the fans for letting this team lay down.

When things go well, they ride the high. It’s an embarrassment for the players to have no pride and the coaches to let it happen. 

Pac 12 refs are the worst on the planet.  They tried to give WSU the game and almost succeeded.  It's like they are trying to make sure the Pac 12 does not make the playoff.

This was called defensive pass interference

WSU scored with 1 minute left to take the lead after the above horrid call.
They are indeed horrible, especially that crew.  And also corrupt, but that comes with the territory so to speak.

What blew my mind is why WSU snapped the ball after only 6 seconds ran off the clock, once they got that big play down to the 12, with 2:15 left.  And they had a TO if they needed one at the end.  They had more than enough time to get in the end zone.  Could've run more off on 2nd down as well.

Last thing you do is give Oregon the ball back with over a minute and needing only a field goal.  It was the difference.

Are refs worse because of instant replay?
In some ways yes, as now with instant replay they have to let play continue even if they saw a reason to stop it. This pisses fans off as the continuation of the play may have resulted in something GAME CHANGING, that then gets overturned by the replay. Before the instant replay, they would have blown the play dead as soon as they saw what they saw, and the game changing result would have never been viewed, and be a reason to be pissed off at the refs. 

Bama-LSU’s third regular season meeting as #1 v #2 will be the most between 2 schools in the history of the AP era.
Game of the century, part 3.

https://twitter.com/stuartkmcnair/status/1188286200479657987

Quinnen Williams was held just about every single play last year. Expect to see a lot of this against LSU after watching that Auburn game, especially considering Lewis is about the only thing Bama has on defense right now.

The new poll is up but I'm confused. It say ND is still 8th. Is that a typo? 

ETA: must've been the CBS app. Now it has them 16th. Which is still high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread