What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (17 Viewers)

Trump's deficits could end up almost doubling Obama's, and Obama's were largely in a period of economic recovery where deficit spending is a good thing...most of Trump's has been in good economic times where it's not a good thing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/29/trumps-budget-deficits-could-almost-double-obamas/#1aeee2107693
If anything has been proven in recent political times is that deficit spending only matters to the party not in the WH.  The only difference is one party likes to act like they think it’s important.

Trump's deficits could end up almost doubling Obama's, and Obama's were largely in a period of economic recovery where deficit spending is a good thing...most of Trump's has been in good economic times where it's not a good thing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/29/trumps-budget-deficits-could-almost-double-obamas/#1aeee2107693
The economy Obama inherited was on verge of depression.  Again, for the hundredth time, I didn't vote for Obama either election.  Wish I would have now. 

Two days ago: "We will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare in Fiscal Year 2021 Budget.” -Trump Today: #TrumpBudget proposes $800 billion in cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Pass it on.

Amazing how strong the economy is under Trump.  S & P 500 up over 4 percent this year, unemployment at 50 year low,  minority unemployment also at record lows.  If your not doing well now you never will.

Two days ago: "We will not be touching your Social Security or Medicare in Fiscal Year 2021 Budget.” -Trump Today: #TrumpBudget proposes $800 billion in cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Pass it on.
Specifically:

- Cut Medicare by $500 billion

- Cut Social Security by $24 billion

- Cut Medicaid by hundreds of billions

All to pay for his massive tax breaks to the top 1%  

:angry:

Amazing how strong the economy is under Trump.  S & P 500 up over 4 percent this year, unemployment at 50 year low,  minority unemployment also at record lows.  If your not doing well now you never will.
It speaks to how pathetic career politicians are when a Trump can come in and do this much better and Bloomberg is about to beat out their group of retreads the Dems are throwing out there after 4 years of whining. 

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said via social media that 27-year-old Gregory William Loel Timm has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a person 65 years old or older, one count of criminal mischief and driving with a suspended license.
I hope he gets the max. Awful, disgusting act. I think we all agree that all acts of political intimidation and violence are a poison that need to be rooted out and opposed whenever we see it, of whatever kind. I hope we all share in that.

They should charge him with terrorism.
The US doesn't have a domestic terrorism law. - The only people in Congress who call for one are progressives like Alexandra Cortez, who famously got into it with FBID Wray recently. He patiently explained to her there is no such law and she went off on him. The conservative national security perspective is that foreign terror groups like AQ & Isis are the real focus of terrorism law enforcement, the progressives think that killers like the Charlseton murderer, anti-antifa (like Proud Boys), KKK and Nazi types need to be subject to terrorism laws too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he gets the max. Awful, disgusting act. I think we all agree that all acts of political intimidation and violence are a poison that need to be rooted out and opposed whenever we see it, of whatever kind. I hope we all share in that.

The US doesn't have a domestic terrorism law. - The only people in Congress who call for one are progressives like Alexandra Cortez, who famously got into it with FBID Wray recently. He patiently explained to her there is no such law and she went off on him. The conservative national security perspective is that foreign terror groups like AQ & Isis are the real focus of terrorism law enforcement, the progressives think that killers like the Charlseton murderer, anti-antifa (like Proud Boys), KKK and Nazi types need to be subject to terrorism laws too.
Anti-Antifa?

It’s okay to list left wing groups.   You won’t lose your street Kred here.  

Some people aren't doing well because of mental or physical illness, social circumstances or other factors, which may improve over time. The unemployment rate has improved a little since Trump came in, so he deserves some credit, although some economists believe the tax cut hasn't had such a big effect. In other words, even under Hillary, the same trend of continued lower unemployment would've occurred anyway. 

The big question remains: when will the tax cuts pay for themselves, if it's not happening in such a strong economy?

A lot of  :fishing: going on in here, this Dem mess is really getting to you guys. 
A few things at play here-

1. Most of these guys actually thought Joe Biden was going to win the nomination. It’s laughable to most of us here I know, but that’s how out of touch most Democrats are.

2. Bernie Sanders and Michael Bloomberg. If you would have told Democrats one year ago it would be between these two guys they would have laughed in your face. 

3. Trumps’s popularity (highest ever in Gallup) and continued massive rock concert size rally’s have some honest Democrats seeing the writing on the wall. This is freaking out a lot of the (nobody likes Trump) crowd.

A few things at play here-

1. Most of these guys actually thought Joe Biden was going to win the nomination. It’s laughable to most of us here I know, but that’s how out of touch most Democrats are.

2. Bernie Sanders and Michael Bloomberg. If you would have told Democrats one year ago it would be between these two guys they would have laughed in your face. 

3. Trumps’s popularity (highest ever in Gallup) and continued massive rock concert size rally’s have some honest Democrats seeing the writing on the wall. This is freaking out a lot of the (nobody likes Trump) crowd.
I think this is the biggest reason they are lashing out. They can see the writing on the wall for Trump winning 2020 in a land slide

Repeating the same bogus line over and over again is his shtick. 
The economy is really really really good. 

Dems worry about nitpicking wording and this small silly stuff that voters don't care about.

"Well, it's not the greatest economy ever."

Voters: "Oh, well now I no longer support the President despite my new job and the booming economy." 

Not how it's going to work. 

The economy is really really really good. 

Dems worry about nitpicking wording and this small silly stuff that voters don't care about.

"Well, it's not the greatest economy ever."

Voters: "Oh, well now I no longer support the President despite my new job and the booming economy." 

Not how it's going to work. 
That’s what I call a lie. 

It’s like he’s purposefully trying to alienate the other side by saying things like his policies saved us from a horrible economy. He wouldn’t do that would he?

It’s like he’s purposefully trying to alienate the other side by saying things like his policies saved us from a horrible economy. He wouldn’t do that would he?
There were many people on this board and in the media that predicted doom and gloom if Trump was elected. It hasn't happened. And now the narrative is well everything is good because of Obama and as soon as anything goes wrong you will be blaming Trump. Trump will get blamed for 20+ years for anything the Dems find to be a negative.

But you guys (and the Democratic candidates) spend so much time dissecting everything he says and trying to paint this as yet another reason he needs to go.

Americans want policy.  They want results. 

I don't think bragging about your accomplishments is alienation.  He's in a Presidential campaign.  He needs to highlight the good things he's done.

Joe Biden discusses his accomplishments as VP.  Is it alienating then? 

But you guys (and the Democratic candidates) spend so much time dissecting everything he says and trying to paint this as yet another reason he needs to go.

Americans want policy.  They want results. 

I don't think bragging about your accomplishments is alienation.  He's in a Presidential campaign.  He needs to highlight the good things he's done.

Joe Biden discusses his accomplishments as VP.  Is it alienating then? 
Thank you for acknowledging his lie.

He should definitely say the economy is very strong, ask if you are better off than 4 years ago. Talk about unemployment, talk about Bernie’s plans if he gets the nom. 

When he says this is the greatest ever, last administration was a disaster, that he fixed some huge problem etc people are going to laugh at how stupid that is. Also going to irritate people when it’s repeated.

There were many people on this board and in the media that predicted doom and gloom if Trump was elected. It hasn't happened. And now the narrative is well everything is good because of Obama and as soon as anything goes wrong you will be blaming Trump. Trump will get blamed for 20+ years for anything the Dems find to be a negative.
How does that address the repeated lie “greatest economy ever”?

Thank you for acknowledging his lie.

He should definitely say the economy is very strong, ask if you are better off than 4 years ago. Talk about unemployment, talk about Bernie’s plans if he gets the nom. 

When he says this is the greatest ever, last administration was a disaster, that he fixed some huge problem etc people are going to laugh at how stupid that is. Also going to irritate people when it’s repeated.
Some of you are going to "laugh at how stupid he is"  no matter what.  If he says "Cancer is bad," the Left spins it as "Trump just now learning cancer is bad." 

But the average American, the votes that will decide this, they're not analyzing every single word.  Trump's hyperbole is a lie in the literal sense.  But he's trying to say the economy is really good.  And the working people of American aren't dissecting it.  They're going to work.  They're paying their bills.  They're saving money.  And this November, they'll be voting Republican.

Some of you are going to "laugh at how stupid he is"  no matter what.  If he says "Cancer is bad," the Left spins it as "Trump just now learning cancer is bad." 

But the average American, the votes that will decide this, they're not analyzing every single word.  Trump's hyperbole is a lie in the literal sense.  But he's trying to say the economy is really good.  And the working people of American aren't dissecting it.  They're going to work.  They're paying their bills.  They're saving money.  And this November, they'll be voting Republican.
I didn’t say how stupid he is I said how stupid the premise he saved us from economic ruin is.

I understand why he keeps repeating it over and over again, I don’t understand how people lap it up. 

Same premise I guess behind a TV ad being so effective but they are, just look at Bloomberg. Guy hasn’t said a word but had a million ads and he’s a front runner.

The bolded may very well be true.  The blame game is very real. Just like tons on the right that blame Obama for everything and will for the next 20+ years. I’ve seen people here call Obama the worst POTUS in history.  It’s all red team vs blue team stuff, same as it ever was.  

The bolded may very well be true.  The blame game is very real. Just like tons on the right that blame Obama for everything and will for the next 20+ years. I’ve seen people here call Obama the worst POTUS in history.  It’s all red team vs blue team stuff, same as it ever was.  
That’s the good thing about our thread. Our boys are very objective in here and not driven by hate.   :hifive:

Stone situation is horrific.
Part of the evidence that has come out of the Stone trial includes Bannon and Gates stating that the Trump campaign was in contact with wikileaks about advance knowledge that data releases were forthcoming. Mueller of course proved that WL was receiving data from Russia. As far as I'm concerned Stone covering all that up is very much in line with the 7-9 years of the sentencing guidelines. The horrific part is the AG and President interfering in the sentencing process right down to the very moment.

Users who are viewing this thread