What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (18 Viewers)

Seems a lot of folks here are happy that this virus could kill lots of Americans if it gets their guy in. Almost hoping and cheering. Yet I bring up the fact that the homeless in democrat big cities are in danger from the same threat and I’m horrible?  Sad. Check your glee please. 
No way. We have been told repeatedly that they are the “good guys.”

:kicksrock:

A lot? 

Im not one of them @boots11234

I would gladly accept 4 more years of Trump, followed by 8 years of Don Jr, if we could solve this virus right now. 

Also while I think Trump is awful as you know, I also think that he is being unfairly blamed for this situation. He’s said some dumb things but he hasn’t made any wrong decisions that I’m aware of. 
We havent been able to do meaningful testing while other countries can.  Snuffing it out early is the whole ballgame.  This was a major failure and will need to be examined so it doesnt happen again.

Truth?  We have had at least a couple posters post their fantasy stories of the First Family catching the coronavirus.  @boots11234 Is probably referencing that and those that condone such posts?
That's a far cry from rooting for mass deaths, and those foolish enough to post those thoughts should have been properly disciplined, because that's wrong to do.

No it isn’t and you really misunderstood what I wrote. I don’t want anyone to die. I wanted a lot of people to get a MILD case of the virus and recover so that we could know the mortality rate which many experts suspect is extremely low, and that would stop the panic and actually save lives. And none of it had anything to do with political reasons. But I know you know this already; why are you making false attacks? 
How is stopping this "panic" going to save lives exactly? People worried about it is making them safer, and you want to stop that. lol

Maybe try not posting every stupid thought that pops into your head.  Try thinking about what you are saying first. That way you dont have to keep waffling about changing your stance and explaining what your wrote every 5 minutes. 

interesting take.  

Trey Felder (@TbirdTr3y_10)

3/9/20, 10:56 AM

If you didn't blame Obama for approx. 12,000 American swine flu deaths (and I didn't), but want to turn around and somehow pin approx. 22 corona virus on Trump/Pence, then YOU are the freaking problem with political discourse in this country. Full stop.

We havent been able to do meaningful testing while other countries can.  Snuffing it out early is the whole ballgame.  This was a major failure and will need to be examined so it doesnt happen again.
That is a failure. But I don’t see how President Trump is responsible. 

How is stopping this "panic" going to save lives exactly? People worried about it is making them safer, and you want to stop that. lol

Maybe try not posting every stupid thought that pops into your head.  Try thinking about what you are saying first. That way you dont have to keep waffling about changing your stance and explaining what your wrote every 5 minutes. 
It wasn’t something that popped into my head. It was a point made by a medical guy on the news which at first I thought sounded awful and then compelling and later on maybe not. In either case it wasn’t stupid. Stopping panic saves lives because this virus threatens to overwhelm our entire medical system. 

Perhaps YOU should try to understand what you are reading before quoting it in a pointless attempt to attack others. HTH

That is a failure. But I don’t see how President Trump is responsible. 
Of course he is Tim....we should have millions of tests on hand for all potential viruses. We will use psychic powers to determine what all these potential viruses will be and when they will hit. No excuses, now get faux raged?@$!!!!!!! 

Of course he is Tim....we should have millions of tests on hand for all potential viruses. We will use psychic powers to determine what all these potential viruses will be and when they will hit. No excuses, now get faux raged?@$!!!!!!! 
I'm not sure anyone is blaming Trump for the virus.  I think they are blaming how is he handling the government response to it (there's a whole thread on it).  He and his administration consistently send the message that we have it contained.  Do we?

If you didn't blame Obama for approx. 12,000 American swine flu deaths (and I didn't), but want to turn around and somehow pin approx. 22 corona virus on Trump/Pence, then YOU are the freaking problem with political discourse in this country. Full stop.
I'm not getting into Trump here, but IIRC Obama declared a public health emergency 3 months before there was a pandemic. I think there were like 20 cases at the time. I don't think Obama is special in this regard, the country has had a pretty responsive national health threat response attitude since WW2. If you're interested in what was going on back then here's a NYT report from April 2009.

- A President isn't supposed to be a medical expert, any more than he's supposed to be an economic expert. He needs to speak firmly, deliver a consistent message, get maximum information out, and let the medical experts set the policy and then give them the full support for resources they need.

It’s very difficult to try and keep an objective mind about Trump, whom as you know I sincerely believe to be an awful, corrupt President who should have been removed by the Senate. His detractors blame him for everything that goes wrong, which is very unfair. His defenders tend to attempt to justify his every statement and action no matter how absurd or rotten. I don’t like the guy at all, but he still deserves impartial  evaluation at all times; everyone does. In this instance I think he’s being unduly blames for things he has no control over. 

Yes it does. But I’m specifically referring to the lack of tests. 
Him placing John Bolton in charge didn't have any negative effects?  Under Bolton they dissolved his Global Health Security team formerly on the NSC leaving bare the administration's high level preparation for and ability to respond to pandemics, infectious disease, and other biological threats.

No responsibility?

Last edited by a moderator:
Him placing John Bolton in charge didn't have any negative effects?  Under Bolton they dissolved his Global Health Security team formerly on the NSC leaving bare the administration's high level preparation for and ability to respond to pandemics, infectious disease, and other biological threats.

No responsibility?
I’m specifically referring to the lack of tests. And in a broader sense, to Trump’s actions (not statements) since this crisis began. I agree with you that his decisions prior to the crisis, with regard to government spending on medical emergencies in general deserve criticism, though it’s important to note that these were in keeping with basic conservative philosophy. 

In this instance I think he’s being unduly blames for things he has no control over. 
Eh, good moves: getting on the $8 billion emergency package, appointing Messonnier, Birx and Fauci on the leadership team. And I'll even give marks for Pence who locked arms with Inslee, just as an example.

Bad moves: inconsistent messaging, mixing in the political hoax claims with serious messaging about the virus itself, killing the NSC health security section, elimination of the Homeland Security Adviser position, closing the Complex Crisis Fund, and withholding the national security threat assessment report.

- I'd just be wary of getting into what is a pretty clumsy move to cut off criticism of the President. He obviously doesn't deserve blame for the virus.

In this instance I think he’s being unduly blames for things he has no control over. 
From what I can tell, he's being blamed for downplaying the severity of Coronavirus, saying the flu is worse, saying it was contained or will be shortly, and focusing on the stock market more than the health of the American people.

I'd say those are accurate.

What is he being blamed for that he has no control over?

None at all and certainly no more than Washington Governor Jay Insley has, who Trump called "a snake," yet also has given Trump credit for handling of Covid-29.

And it is obvious why both choose this tact as they may fear that since Trump is known to be vindictive, negative comments might result in some retaliation by POTUS against their states in the future. Add to that there would be the accusations that they are unnecessarily politicizing this pandemic crisis and making this situation worse by fear mongering by calling the government response inadequate.

Here's the actual report that BB is referencing.

- He was asked about Trump's public statements and like Inslee he refused to get into them. - I think it's interesting Newsome is distinguishing what Trump said to him privately.

None at all and certainly no more than Washington Governor Jay Insley has, who Trump called "a snake," yet also has given Trump credit for handling of Covid-29.

And it is obvious why both choose this tact as they may fear that since Trump is known to be vindictive, negative comments might result in some retaliation by POTUS against their states in the future. Add to that there would be the accusations that they are unnecessarily politicizing this pandemic crisis and making this situation worse by fear mongering by calling the government response inadequate.
So no chance Trump is actually doing a good job?  

GoBirds said:

Daywalker said:
How did South Korea do it?

tim, I love you buddy, but sometimes your efforts to bend over backwards to exonerate the indefensible leaves me speechless.  

Obama Announces He Is No Longer Responsible For The Economy

MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA—From his seaside mansion, former president Barack Obama announced today that he is formally passing ownership of the stock market and economy on to President Trump.

"All the gains were mine -- Trump didn't build that -- but this crash is all on Trump," Obama said as he admired the ocean, which will consume his home in fewer than twelve years. "My responsibility for the great economic gains in this country ended the moment the stocks started to tank this morning."

The former president said that he does reserve the right to reverse his stance and reclaim credit for any economic gains realized after the market turns around, whenever that may be. 

"As soon as this thing stabilizes, I'll be there, claiming credit for things I didn't do."

Obama also assured panicked Americans that if they like their economy, they can keep their economy.

https://babylonbee.com/news/obama-walks-back-comments-about-being-responsible-for-the-stock-market
:lmao:

tim, I love you buddy, but sometimes your efforts to bend over backwards to exonerate the indefensible leaves me speechless.  
Except that it’s not indefensible. 

I won’t defend what Trump did before this crisis started (with regard to cutting funding, removing people, etc.) I won’t defend all the idiotic stuff he’s had to say since the crisis started. 

But as to Trump’s actions during this crisis, please explain to me what he should have done that he did not do. Because I’m having trouble finding a specific criticism. 

Except that it’s not indefensible. 

I won’t defend what Trump did before this crisis started (with regard to cutting funding, removing people, etc.) I won’t defend all the idiotic stuff he’s had to say since the crisis started. 

But as to Trump’s actions during this crisis, please explain to me what he should have done that he did not do. Because I’m having trouble finding a specific criticism. 
Here are two:

All federal employees that are capable of teleworking should already be teleworking.  He has the power to make that happen.

He is still holding rallies.  He has the power to stop them.

ETA:  Sorry for posting in this thread, I usually avoid doing so.  Didn't realize where I was responding.

Bingo! 
here it is folks , they’ve been dying to shutdown his rallies

if the situation warrants it Donald will shutdown his rally schedule . Let the experts handle this. Until then it’s a political stunt
Not trying to hijack but for what it's worth I think Biden and Bernie should shut their rallies down too.  OK, now I'll shut up and go back to lurking in this thread.

Bingo! 
here it is folks , they’ve been dying to shutdown his rallies

if the situation warrants it Donald will shutdown his rally schedule . Let the experts handle this. Until then it’s a political stunt
Why, after he continues to make himself look foolish with his stream of consciousness rambling of lies and misstatements? Each rally has been a goldmine for Trump fact checkers like Daniel Dale, who can hardly keep up in real time with reporting all his falsehoods.

Users who are viewing this thread