What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (15 Viewers)

Sorry. Someone was triggered and reported the word sunshine   :tinfoilhat:
That does seem ridiculous.

I'm just saying you don't have to use the report button, I wouldn't, but I get it when I'm reported and the management has made it clear...you will be suspended, it will be unfair :lol:

I'm on a 6 month or so ban free run :knocksonwood: 

I work in a hospital,  and this #### is as real as real gets. I've sat in on incident command meetings. I've heard things that are not public knowledge yet. Everything is fine until overnight it isn't. We are in big trouble.  Stop the partisan bull#### and realize that you are going to need to help your fellow Americans very soon. And none us are hoping anyone dies.
Can you share what you know?  Or point me to a post where you already have?

While all the KAGs decide to bury their heads in the sand, I'll say this: the vast majority of Trump supporters are fine, honest people. And I hope that as Americans,  we can all push aside this vitriol in the coming weeks for what is sure to be an unmatched event in this nation's history.  I wish nothing but the best for all of us.

People like @Bozeman Bruiser , with his extremism and hateful lies, need to shut the hell up. I work in a hospital,  and this #### is as real as real gets. I've sat in on incident command meetings. I've heard things that are not public knowledge yet. Everything is fine until overnight it isn't. We are in big trouble.  Stop the partisan bull#### and realize that you are going to need to help your fellow Americans very soon. And none us are hoping anyone dies.
I'd like to get @jm192 take on this.

Can you share what you know?  Or point me to a post where you already have?
I can't really share anything that isn't already public knowledge. I don't want to overstate my importance here, I'm not an MD or a nurse. Suffice it to say that the hospital I work for, thankfully,  is taking a much more proactive approach and treating the situation much more seriously than the Administration is. 

If you are under the age of 60 and don't have underlying medical issues, there's an approximately 80% chance you won't have symptoms significantly worse than the common cold. And thankfully children seem to be the least likely to contract and suffer from COV-19.

But because the asymptomatic incubation time can be upwards of 2 weeks, you could have it and spread it to hundreds of people without even a hint that you're a carrier. And just because you get it once doesn't mean you can't get it again.  And just because you think you're healthy and won't be affected doesn't mean that's true. If you come down with a regular strain of the flu, which morphs into pneumonia,  and THEN you come into contact with COV-19, you could be in a world of hurt, even if you had no health issues prior. It wouldn't take long, at exponential rates of infection,  to overwhelm our healthcare system, even if only a relatively small percentage of the infected require hospitalizations. None of this has a damned thing to do with a mortality rate, just infection rates.

If you're planning on hopping on a flight, then a connecting flight, to visit your 80 year old relatives in Arizona over spring break, you're being pretty damn irresponsible,  IMO. I'm currently arguing with my wife over our plans to go on a family trip to a large indoor water park/resort with the kids over spring break. Regrettably,  my wife will probably win that argument,  because marriage. But 2 weeks from now, this'll be a whole different ballgame than it is right now.

PS, thanks for your service my man, and some of the frontline info you've shared with us. Hope you're staying safe. You'll be home soon, no?

PS, thanks for your service my man, and some of the frontline info you've shared with us. Hope you're staying safe. You'll be home soon, no?
Yep!  Only several more days left.  Manifested for a military flight back to the states, but it's 20% overbooked right now.  I'll find out Friday if I make the cut or not.  My unit has less travel restrictions in place than a lot of other units, so I might get bumped to commercial travel.  I'm not looking forward to that option.  

Luckily I'm just headed home to the wife and kids, and won't have any interaction with my parents for a while.  We'll drive out to see them late summer like always assuming things calm down by then.  

I don't recall anyone in that thread claiming that Trump supporters hoped people died. Feel free to point it out if they did. There's plenty of Trump bashing and deservedly so. He's going to get people killed.  And there will be no way to quantify how many, but it will happen. And that's ####### evil.  So you'll excuse us for calling it out. And if you don't,  I don't care. This is not partisan politics anymore.  This is life or death, society-altering, extraordinary event. And we are in it together. 
There were people in that thread saying the President in his family should get he virus, you must have missed that. And you are playing politics with this entire contradiction of a post here. 

There were people in that thread saying the President in his family should get he virus, you must have missed that. And you are playing politics with this entire contradiction of a post here. 
One person did that, tongue in cheek, and he got suspended for it, deservedly.  Hopefully Bozeman did too. His statements were hateful and untrue.  Read my posts up thread and tell me again I'm playing politics. I'm saying it's time for unity and solidarity. Time to remember that we are in this together. 

I don't recall anyone in that thread claiming that Trump supporters hoped people died. Feel free to point it out if they did. There's plenty of Trump bashing and deservedly so. He's going to get people killed.  And there will be no way to quantify how many, but it will happen. And that's ####### evil.  So you'll excuse us for calling it out. And if you don't,  I don't care. This is not partisan politics anymore.  This is life or death, society-altering, extraordinary event. And we are in it together. 
Whoa, settle down there. Go for a walk, have a beer. Count to ten. 

One person did that, tongue in cheek, and he got suspended for it, deservedly.  Hopefully Bozeman did too. His statements were hateful and untrue.  Read my posts up thread and tell me again I'm playing politics. I'm saying it's time for unity and solidarity. Time to remember that we are in this together. 
At least TWO people did.

whatever it takes

And a whole lot of folks liking those two post. 

Yep!  Only several more days left.  Manifested for a military flight back to the states, but it's 20% overbooked right now.  I'll find out Friday if I make the cut or not.  My unit has less travel restrictions in place than a lot of other units, so I might get bumped to commercial travel.  I'm not looking forward to that option.  

Luckily I'm just headed home to the wife and kids, and won't have any interaction with my parents for a while.  We'll drive out to see them late summer like always assuming things calm down by then.  
Fudge  :kicksrock:

Yes I can and he doesn't have to read off a teleprompter to give a serious speech, unlike Trump.
That has nothing to do with my proposition, unless you're agreeing with me that he wouldnt be able to read off a teleprompter. Whoo hoo! We agree on something! 

Trump has bad reading issues, the "whataboutism" doesn't help that.
You cant jump in a discussion and put forth an arguement as if that's what I'm trying to discredit.  That's not how whataboutry works. I was directly taking a shot at Biden. You jumping in saying, but Trump! when I'm doing that would be an example of whataboutry.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Now imagine Biden trying to read off a teleprompter. 
I think it would be the same honestly. That wasn’t great.

Not many people would be good at that though. I try and focus on what they say (unless it’s some dumb stump speech).

Was glad to see Trump was clear this is some deep doodoo time and we need to get out #### together.

You cant jump in a discussion and put forth an arguement as if that's what I'm trying to discredit.  That's now how whataboutry works. I was directly taking a shot at Biden. You jumping in saying, but Trump! when I'm doing that would be an example of whataboutry.  
:shock:

almost had me  :excited: well played

You know, I’ve said here often that we are so divided as a country that it would take a national tragedy to bring us all together again (I was not hoping for one to be clear, but saw it as our only hope).  I was clearly wrong.  We’ve somehow politicized that too.  Unbelievable.   

I can't really share anything that isn't already public knowledge. I don't want to overstate my importance here, I'm not an MD or a nurse. Suffice it to say that the hospital I work for, thankfully,  is taking a much more proactive approach and treating the situation much more seriously than the Administration is. 

If you are under the age of 60 and don't have underlying medical issues, there's an approximately 80% chance you won't have symptoms significantly worse than the common cold. And thankfully children seem to be the least likely to contract and suffer from COV-19.

But because the asymptomatic incubation time can be upwards of 2 weeks, you could have it and spread it to hundreds of people without even a hint that you're a carrier. And just because you get it once doesn't mean you can't get it again.  And just because you think you're healthy and won't be affected doesn't mean that's true. If you come down with a regular strain of the flu, which morphs into pneumonia,  and THEN you come into contact with COV-19, you could be in a world of hurt, even if you had no health issues prior. It wouldn't take long, at exponential rates of infection,  to overwhelm our healthcare system, even if only a relatively small percentage of the infected require hospitalizations. None of this has a damned thing to do with a mortality rate, just infection rates.

If you're planning on hopping on a flight, then a connecting flight, to visit your 80 year old relatives in Arizona over spring break, you're being pretty damn irresponsible,  IMO. I'm currently arguing with my wife over our plans to go on a family trip to a large indoor water park/resort with the kids over spring break. Regrettably,  my wife will probably win that argument,  because marriage. But 2 weeks from now, this'll be a whole different ballgame than it is right now.

The bolded is what’s worried me from the start of at least when they found out the majority have mild symptoms. This has probably been spreading here even before the flight ban form those that flew in from China before it started. Once that’s started it’s like wildfire. 

Do yourself a favor and skip the indoor water park if you are concerned about the severity of this. 

??

Something change?
only if I have to travel commercial.  Middle east is already "off limits" due to the coronavirus for us.  We've been going through London, Paris, Amsterdam and Germany for our connections.  I'm not sure what the plan would be now.  Should be fun figuring this out tomorrow. 

The bolded is what’s worried me from the start of at least when they found out the majority have mild symptoms. This has probably been spreading here even before the flight ban form those that flew in from China before it started. Once that’s started it’s like wildfire. 

Do yourself a favor and skip the indoor water park if you are concerned about the severity of this. 
Wasn’t there a belief this started in early December in Wuhan, but the lockdowns started a month later?

only if I have to travel commercial.  Middle east is already "off limits" due to the coronavirus for us.  We've been going through London, Paris, Amsterdam and Germany for our connections.  I'm not sure what the plan would be now.  Should be fun figuring this out tomorrow. 
Hopefully they get you through London.  

Great advice. But you don't know my wife. At least I hope you don't.  :oldunsure:

Oof. Good luck, man. Hopefully you get home soon.

He’s just terrible at reading speeches. He’s a great off the cuff speaker at times, that can’t be denied (though he also can ramble like crazy when he does that) and when he speaks off the cuff there is a natural passion in his voice and ,I hate to admit, charisma. 

But he loses all that when he has to read anything. He sounds tired, strained, dead. No emotion whatsoever 

Users who are viewing this thread