What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

He’s just terrible at reading speeches. He’s a great off the cuff speaker at times, that can’t be denied (though he also can ramble like crazy when he does that) and when he speaks off the cuff there is a natural passion in his voice and ,I hate to admit, charisma. 

But he loses all that when he has to read anything. He sounds tired, strained, dead. No emotion whatsoever 
He talks off teleprompter when it is anything serious.  He cant handle his himself when things get tough.  Nervous Nellie.

Now on Bovada Trump -$185 but republican party -$190, which is interesting, and dem party +$145
Current on Bovada Trump -$170 but republican party -$180, which is interesting, and dem party +$135

They added a new bet though:

Which party will win the popular vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?

Democrats -$165    Republicans +$125

Most, if not all of us, know why these two bets are seemingly contradictory but aren't.  IMO highlights a major problem with the POTUS election.
Trump now at -$120 at Bovada
Trump - $115, Biden +$115 at Bovada 

timschochet said:
He’s just terrible at reading speeches. He’s a great off the cuff speaker at times, that can’t be denied (though he also can ramble like crazy when he does that) and when he speaks off the cuff there is a natural passion in his voice and ,I hate to admit, charisma. 

But he loses all that when he has to read anything. He sounds tired, strained, dead. No emotion whatsoever 
Tim, I don't think the weird Carteresque performance was the problem. The problem was the delivery of bad information. I feel for Max further up. I really sincerely hope everything worked out. Apparently the effect of the speech was "bedlam." The President miscommunicated several elements of his own administration's policies. It's almost incomprehensible considering how much resources the American people offer to the White House. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully voters hold all elected officials accountable at the ballot box for prioritizing impeachment over coronavirus preparation.  
:mellow:

How was impeachment prioritized over coronavirus preparation? Were those elected officials you want held accountable even aware of the coronavirus during the impeachment process and were people calling on them to address this issue, but they ignored it in favor of impeachment?

Hopefully voters hold all elected officials accountable at the ballot box for prioritizing impeachment over coronavirus preparation.  
I think this is an interesting point. Something that came out of that imbroglio was that Trump - per Trump - had never even met the man on the NSC in charge of coordinating Ukraine policy and reporting to the President. He was ultimately fired. We haven't even heard if the WH even has a replacement.

The NSC Homeland Security Advisor in charge of pandemic threats was fired in 2018. He was never replaced. His staff was also canned. Bossert btw was the guy who was the whistleblower on the Trump-Lavrov meeting. I'm sure his dismissal and the removal of the position was completely unconnected to personal loyalty. He also had responsibility, besides cybersecurity and other asymmetrical threats, of counseling the President directly on pandemic threats. He's had some interesting things to say during this, but even if he was there I really kind of doubt the President would be meeting with him anyway.

We're on our 6th Sec. DHS. Our 4th NSA. The WH does not have a Chief of Staff. 

I think this is an interesting point. Something that came out of that imbroglio was that Trump - per Trump - had never even met the man on the NSC in charge of coordinating Ukraine policy and reporting to the President. He was ultimately fired.

The NSC Homeland Security Advisor in charge of pandemic threats was fired in 2018. He was never replaced. His staff was also canned. Bossert btw was the guy who was the whistleblower on the Trump-Lavrov meeting. I'm sure his dismissal and the removal of the position was completely unconnected. He also had responsibility, besides cybersecurity and other asymmetrical threats, of counseling the President directly on pandemic threats. He's had some interesting things to say during this, but even if he was there I really kind of doubt the President woudl be meeting with him anyway.

We're on our 6th Sec. DHS. Our 4th NSA. The WH does not have a Chief of Staff. 
And does not hold press conferences with the American people.

It was implied, if you are talking about uniting and not dividing the country, it should start at the top with POTUS.
No it wasn't implied, my post was specifically about people here, people calling for unity but in the same breath constantly trying to place blame on others for our situation, the very opposite of uniting.

Its implied. 

If Dear Leader isn't uniting, there is no chance in hell his cheerleaders are going to.
No it's not implied, but whatever, I get it, it's a blame game, you can't ask for unity if you perceive/feel the POTUS isn't asking for the same, you can't act on you own to move past criticizing those in charge.

No it's not implied, but whatever, I get it, it's a blame game, you can't ask for unity if you perceive/feel the POTUS isn't asking for the same, you can't act on you own to move past criticizing those in charge.
I (we?) never said it was time to unite. 

But that's where you went. Blame game.

And the biggest giant heaping mound of blame is on the POTUS.  

Then why post it in the Trump 2020 thread? 
There's no intent in posting it here, it's one of the few I post in at all.  If you have a better thread for me to move it to by all means, lets hear it.

My point is once again lost, if you want unity then take some personal responsibility and stop attacking people/posters/faults/mistakes

There's no intent in posting it here, it's one of the few I post in at all.  If you have a better thread for me to move it to by all means, lets hear it.

My point is once again lost, if you want unity then take some personal responsibility and stop attacking people/posters/faults/mistakes
Nice effort, but you cannot push some people off their talking points.  The OMB crew is entrenched.  They are not changing their narratives until November. 

It’s best to hope those with clearer minds and open hearts can work together.  

BladeRunner said:
I'd like to get @jm192 take on this.
I'm in a medium sized town in Kentucky.  We've been blessed not to see it in our town thus far.  

2017 was a "bad" flu season.  We were putting 30 year olds on ventilators and ECMO.  Old people were dying.  Based on the mortality numbers, what we're hearing out of Italy, this is worse than that.  I wasn't a doctor in 2009 when H1N1 hit, but the guys that were here back then said it was awful.  If this approaches those levels, we're in a $hit show.  

Furthermore, I don't think Fauci or other scientists/physicians in this care about Democrat/Republican.  While we can argue about whether or not Democrats/CNN/WaPO or NYT are fear mongering to hurt Trump--the scientists in this aren't.  And it gives us an insight into the reality.  

I'm in a medium sized town in Kentucky.  We've been blessed not to see it in our town thus far.  

2017 was a "bad" flu season.  We were putting 30 year olds on ventilators and ECMO.  Old people were dying.  Based on the mortality numbers, what we're hearing out of Italy, this is worse than that.  I wasn't a doctor in 2009 when H1N1 hit, but the guys that were here back then said it was awful.  If this approaches those levels, we're in a $hit show.  

Furthermore, I don't think Fauci or other scientists/physicians in this care about Democrat/Republican.  While we can argue about whether or not Democrats/CNN/WaPO or NYT are fear mongering to hurt Trump--the scientists in this aren't.  And it gives us an insight into the reality.  
Excellent post.  Thank you. 

It's in your town.  You just don't know it yet.  Sorry.

It's in your town.  You just don't know it yet.  Sorry.
Sure Mike.  Let's me technical.  There are zero reported cases in my town and none currently hospitalized.  Someone probably does have it that isn't sick.  Congrats on catching me on this technicality.  You win.  Good Job man.  5 points.

Sure Mike.  Let's me technical.  There are zero reported cases in my town and none currently hospitalized.  Someone probably does have it that isn't sick.  Congrats on catching me on this technicality.  You win.  Good Job man.  5 points.
Not a technicality and that wasn't my point.  I am saying it is more likely in your town.   I mean clearly it hasn't been detected yet.   But yeah, it's there.  It's everywhere and spreading rapidly.  

Yep, it’s everywhere I would imagine. Scary this market reaction over the few known, hopefully this obvious spread is priced in to some level. 
The panic will eventually have to recede...But it will take time.  Already seeing signs of it, though small.    As we learn more about the disease, people will mellow out a little bit.  It's the unknown that is scaring everyone.

It's gonna suck. and it will take 3 years or so to recover.  There will be a lot of pain.   

Pretty pathetic that people support Trump. Just sad.
How dare people support their President?!

People are dying and yet people still want to attack someone for supporting the wrong side.  

Attacking Trump/Republicans or Biden/Bernie/Dems isn't going to help anyone in any way.  

We need to come together.  I understand not liking Trump or Trump's handling of this.  But going after Trump supporters during this seems petty.

How dare people support their President?!

People are dying and yet people still want to attack someone for supporting the wrong side.  

Attacking Trump/Republicans or Biden/Bernie/Dems isn't going to help anyone in any way.  

We need to come together.  I understand not liking Trump or Trump's handling of this.  But going after Trump supporters during this seems petty.
Agreed..I cannot fathom why this is turning into a petty finger pointing exercise.   You would hope and wish that something this significant would pull us together.  

People are rightfully upset at what they view as unpreparedness. Couple that with a sense of panic about their own mortality and of course they're lashing out a bit. I feel like it, too. 

People are rightfully upset at what they view as unpreparedness. Couple that with a sense of panic about their own mortality and of course they're lashing out a bit. I feel like it, too. 
I dont honestly know how any one has been prepared.  Seriously, has any country in the world been given an A for their preparedness for this?   This is unprecedented.  This is historic.  How do you prepare?

I'm not here to tell you Trump did a fantastic job.

I'm not sure anyone would have done a fantastic job.  New strain of virus that has hit several other major countries hard.  

But maybe Biden would have handled it better.  Who knows?

But I promise you calling other posters pathetic isn't helping or fixing anything.

What if targeted directly at people, like GoBirds did above? 
Your schtick is so tired, MT and others in the past have asked that this thread not be soiled with the same complaining. The more mature posters that don’t like Trump honor it while for some reasons others just can’t control it.....even in times of a deadly virus as they like to blame anything on Trump. It’s a bad look, sorry you can’t control yourself and honor what was asked of you by a staff member. Same old same old. 

I dont honestly know how any one has been prepared.  Seriously, has any country in the world been given an A for their preparedness for this?   This is unprecedented.  This is historic.  How do you prepare?
You prepare by having a fully staffed NIH, CDC, and other executive agencies that oversee this sort of thing. The preparedness is in these positions being filled. I'm not sure the extent of it, but SID and my own travails down internet lane have led me to believe that we were woefully understaffed, ill-informed, and late to take this pandemic seriously.

South Korea has tested pretty much anyone in their populace who wants a test. We're not testing anybody, and our quarantine measures are late and privately-led. That's fine for industry and commerce to mark the way, but their way is profit, not necessarily the common good, and they've probably been too late, too.

You prepare by having a fully staffed NIH, CDC, and other executive agencies that oversee this sort of thing. The preparedness is in these positions being filled. I'm not sure the extent of it, but SID and my own travails down internet lane have led me to believe that we were woefully understaffed, ill-informed, and late to take this pandemic seriously.

South Korea has tested pretty much anyone in their populace who wants a test. We're not testing anybody, and our quarantine measures are late and privately-led. That's fine for industry and commerce to mark the way, but their way is profit, not necessarily the common good, and they've probably been too late, too.
The virus is rampant in South Korea, so I can't support you even bringing them up.  Great, they test.  Doesn't seem to be helping one bit.

Having more staff does what exactly?   I will challenge anyone who blames Trump for the spread in the US.   This isn't his fault.   Abraham Lincoln could be president and this is sttill spreading like this.  

Users who are viewing this thread