What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

Maybe he didn't lie...
>>Spoke w/Bishop Mariann Budde of the Washington Diocese. On Trump's remarks: "Everything he has said is antithetical to the teachings of our traditions and what we stand for as a church." ALSO: One of those driven out w/tear gas for the photo op was a *priest of the diocese.*<<
>>Just spoke with Rev. Gerbasi. She told me that law enforcement with shields forced priests, others *off the church patio,* meaning they stepped on church property to expel people from it. As she put it: "They turned holy ground into a battle ground."<<

-RNS

Last edited by a moderator:
Looting in my area took a downturn last night. Looks down overall. A step in the right direction for America. 
Same here in Philly.  Once the National Guard was called in, looters wised up.  The National Guard took control of Center City and freed up the police force to patrol their districts.  Looting is now isolated in small pockets of neighborhoods which is much more easy for the local law enforcement to patrol.  

You would support a comment like that from Biden, well done. 
Joe Biden makes dumb comments all the time. Not sure which is more dumb: you ain’t black or shoot em in the leg. He will continue to make dumb and embarrassing comments and you guys can laugh at each one. 
Except...do you know where he made that “shoot em in the leg” comment? At Bethel church, where he met with a black congregation, listened to their concerns, listened to the kind of change they wanted, tried to understand and show empathy. And that is one reason why, no matter how many times he puts his foot in his mouth, he would be so much better as a President than the current one. 

Joe Biden makes dumb comments all the time. Not sure which is more dumb: you ain’t black or shoot em in the leg. He will continue to make dumb and embarrassing comments and you guys can laugh at each one. 
Except...do you know where he made that “shoot em in the leg” comment? At Bethel church, where he met with a black congregation, listened to their concerns, listened to the kind of change they wanted, tried to understand and show empathy. And that is one reason why, no matter how many times he puts his foot in his mouth, he would be so much better as a President than the current one. 
Everything that is wrong in this country Joe Biden was a part of in Washington for 45 years. He isn’t qualified to run the Orange Julius at the mall food court, let alone run for President. 

Everything that is wrong in this country Joe Biden was a part of in Washington for 45 years.
The US since 1975: We won the Cold War. Overcame Nixon. Overcame the 9/11/01 attacks. Grew our economy out of stagflation. Instituted civil rights protections. Developed democracy in eastern and Central Europe. Saw the end of Maoism. Reformed our military post-Vietnam. We have built a global structure for peace and trade that has continued the Pax Americana. The US has largely been a source for good in the world and at home. I’m proud of my country, I’m unafraid to say it here.

Everything that is wrong in this country Joe Biden was a part of in Washington for 45 years. He isn’t qualified to run the Orange Julius at the mall food court, let alone run for President. 
Well that will be the message that President Trump will try to push no doubt. Obviously I disagree but neither you nor I will decide what happens. As I wrote yesterday, I think these current events make this race again, when a week ago Biden was the clear favorite. Now it’s neck and neck. 

Meanwhile Joe Biden will be giving a major speech In Philadelphia today. He will contrast President Trump’s statement last night with a message of love and understanding and a pledge that he will not be a divider if elected. 
You mean he will be struggling to read some speech he didn’t write and hoping not to embarrass himself further in his first trip out of the basement in months. 

Looting in my area took a downturn last night. Looks down overall. A step in the right direction for America. 
Unrest (no looting) in my closest big city took a downturn last night.....it POURED from 16:00 till past 22:00.

A small peaceful demonstration....I respect that.
And nobody drowned.

This is how MMA fighter Jon Bones Jones helped vandals in Albuquerque during the uprising last weekend.

Unrest (no looting) in my closest big city took a downturn last night.....it POURED from 16:00 till past 22:00.

A small peaceful demonstration....I respect that.

This is how MMA fighter Jon Bones Jones helped vandals in Albuquerque during the uprising last weekend.
It’s always amazing how rain stops rage.  A lot of this destruction is the result of great weather over most of the country the last week.  

I have yet to see one poster in this forum who is for violent protesting and looting. Not one.
I agree with this....I haven't seen it either.

So we all agree that the peaceful protesters are not the problem.
The problems are why George Floyd died and the violent looters who have taken advantage of the situation.

It's more the lack of condemning Antifa. What should be viewed as a step in the right direction is being resisted by some. 

And #### the white supremacists as well. There is no place for them in America either.

I agree with this....I haven't seen it either.

So we all agree that the peaceful protesters are not the problem.
The problems are why George Floyd died and the violent looters who have taken advantage of the situation.
I suspect that, for the most part, "violent looters" is not accurate.  I suspect that, mostly, these are two separate groups, in that there are those seeking to commit or incite violence and there are those looking to loot.  I suspect the Venn diagram overlap is fairly small, proportionally.

Did he cover what he accomplished in his 8 years as VP that would have prevented any of this?
Did Trump cover what's he's accomplished in the last 3.5 years as President that would have prevented any of this?  Oh that's right, this happened on his watch, because of his policies.  But nice try, trying to deflect. 

Um, no, "us guys" have not preached that for years.
You have an entire thread where you live by every tweet Trump makes.  You even ask him questions here that he can't respond to.  But when someone runs an SUV through a line of cops you're silent.  But a cop does something similar you frantically search for Colin Kaepernick references to post.   Why is that?  You may not support violent looting but you certainly don't have nearly as much of a problem with it as other things that aren't nearly as bad.

Did Trump cover what's he's accomplished in the last 3.5 years as President that would have prevented any of this?  Oh that's right, this happened on his watch, because of his policies.  But nice try, trying to deflect. 
Ah okay.  So Baltimore and Ferguson happened on Obama's watch because of his policies?

Help militarize the police  :shrug:
He’s had longtime to help correct problems. The militarization of police started after the North Hollywood shootout under Clinton. So Clinton/Bush/Obama grew the militarization and Biden stood by. But now he can solve problems 

You have an entire thread where you live by every tweet Trump makes.  You even ask him questions here that he can't respond to.  But when someone runs an SUV through a line of cops you're silent.  But a cop does something similar you frantically search for Colin Kaepernick references to post.   Why is that?  You may not support violent looting but you certainly don't have nearly as much of a problem with it as other things that aren't nearly as bad.
A thread that Hell Toupee originally started and then for whatever reason the thread mysteriously vanished. I just continued the fine tradition of spotlighting the tweets of our President.

And for the record, I condemn every act of violence directed at any LEO. Whoever drove the SUV should be punished to the full extend of the law. The fact that I didn't feel compelled to post about it does not mean that I support it.

Users who are viewing this thread