What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (10 Viewers)

Well, I am not in the base and I am disgusted in Antifa and the fuel they have given these riots.  I fully support the protest and like everyone was disgusted by the death of Floyd.  As an African American we need better training for the police as this happens far too often.

I was leaning towards voting for Biden but the politicization by the left has switched my vote to Trump.  I believe he is our best bet for an economic recovery and the jobs number today only reinforces my view.
Leaning towards Biden? I wouldn't have thought that from posts you have made in the past like this:

probably should post this in the Biden thread as well.  Biden is incompetent and has skeletons in the closet.  I can't believe he is going to be the Dem nominee.

There's a lot of people casting votes for Biden on this board alone because he's not Trump.  It doesn't mean they like Biden.  But again instead of taking the guy at face value you have to turn it into this kind of nonsense.
He has several other posts that show support or defense of Trump, indicating that he was probably intending to vote for him all along. It seems unlikely that recent actions by Democrats have now moved him from the Biden to the Trump column.

And in the last week we have seen several of these "I was voting for Biden and have now changed my mind" posts and I was skeptical of those too, but they have been either new or infrequent posters with no documented history (like here) to contradict them.

He has several other posts that show support or defense of Trump, indicating that he was probably intending to vote for him all along. It seems unlikely that recent actions by Democrats have now moved him from the Biden to the Trump column.

And in the last week we have seen several of these "I was voting for Biden and have now changed my mind" posts and I was skeptical of those too, but they have been either new or infrequent posters with no documented history (like here) to contradict them.
Who cares!!!

LOL

'LIARS'  you weren't going to vote Biden, I know!!!

LOL

'LIARS'  you weren't going to vote Biden, I know!!!
Posting history is a pretty clear indicator or other comments critical in general of Democrats. I didn't say that I know, but that I am skeptical and justifiably so. And there are really not that many undecided voters at this stage of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting history is a pretty clear indicator or other comments critical in general of Democrats. I didn't say that I know, but that I am skeptical and justifiably so. And there are really not that many undecided votes at this stage of the game.
OK

Thanks for posting these. And I’m glad you posted both because I thought the first one put her in a much better light than the second. In the second, she’s all over the place, contradicting herself constantly. 

There are some insightful thoughts in some things I watched in a few other speeches I clicked.  I also think she’s young and doesn’t have the experience (yet) to be better about how to craft her message.  On multiple occasions, she projected upon others while claiming she was being projected upon. Along the lines of, “how dare you tell me what I think.  You’re just thinking...” That type of stuff is killing our political system from all sides.  Attacking the opposing view rather than standing by your own.  I’ll keep clicking around. 
I appreciate you taking the time to look at them...thank you
I’ve watched a few videos of her now my impression is her hyperbole gets in the way of her message. This happens far too often with people who are passionate about a topic and take positions too far to make a point. She’s clearly intelligent and passionate about what she speaks about, that’s almost never a bad thing. But I think she’d be far more effective and reach a far wider audience if she tone down the hyperbole.  

*to further add to my point. I’m a pretty moderate middled person in my views (outside my feelings for Trump).  I’m put off by extreme positions on either end, as are most people who are pretty middle, or moderate, whichever term you’d like to use.  Therefore I am the target audience if you’re trying to sway somebody. The way to do this for somebody in the middle is to be pervasive in your argument but not extreme in your examples ( ie Dems were rooting for Iran, etc).  When someone from the right says something like that I, and others like me, tune them out immediately, as I do to the hyper woke left people who do the same.  So at the end of the day those people end up only speaking to there collective crowds and ultimately not swaying those of us in the middle.  JMHO of course.  

This one overall explains her view. (if you watch only one...watch this one)
@06:27 it's a little strange to me she quotes Malcolm X. I don't like black nationalism, islamism or segregationism, or violent reaction, all things the NOI stands for. However here Owens directly misinforms about what Malcolm X was arguing.

Its' strange to me that you are pushing forth someone who cites to Malcolm X, but besides that this is the quote she uses:

The Democrats are playing you for a CHUMP and if you vote for them, not only are you a CHUMP you are a traitor to your race.
^ That's Owens.

This is a well known speech so it's pretty obvious Owens is lying here. Here is what Malcolm X said:

Any time you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that party can't keep the promise that it made to you during election-time, and you're dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that party, you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race.
He went on to say:

Why is America – why does this loom to be such an explosive political year? Because this is the year of politics. This is the year when all of the white politicians are going to come into the Negro community. You never see them until election time. You can't find them until election time. [applause] They're going to come in with false promises. And as they make these false promises they're going to feed our frustrations, and this will only serve to make matters worse. I'm no politician. I'm not even a student of politics. I'm not a Republican, nor a Democrat, nor an American – and got sense enough to know it. [applause]

I'm one of the 22 million black victims of the Democrats. One of the 22 million black victims of the Republicans and one of the 22 million black victims of Americanism. [applause] And when I speak, I don't speak as a Democrat or a Republican, nor an American. I speak as a victim of America's so-called democracy. You and I have never seen democracy – all we've seen is hypocrisy.
Now I'll remind you, Trumpists have been backing a party that has held - as Malcolm X was saying - more than  2/3's of the government, the White House, the HOR and the Senate in 2017-1019, and you can throw in the Supreme Court.

I guess my question to you is why is Owens lying about this Malcolm X quote?

Posted in the another killing thread, but I will repost here since we had an extensive debate about it.

US Park Police - It Was a Mistake to Say Tear Gas Not Used

A US Park Police spokesperson said in an interview it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement on Tuesday that it didn’t use tear gas the day before in Lafayette Square to disperse a crowd ahead of President Trump’s photo op, explicitly noting that pepper balls shot by officials irritate the eyes and cause tears.

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.

Delgado’s call to me Friday was an attempt to clear up a statement the Park Police released Tuesday, the day after reporters on the scene outside the White House said officers used tear gas on peaceful protesters. The statement from acting Chief Gregory Monahan said that no tear gas was used by any federal force present, but that the Park Police itself “employed smoke canisters and pepper balls.”

“I’m not going to say that pepper balls don’t irritate you,” Delgado said, noting they contain capsicum, an irritant derived from pepper plants. “I’m not saying it’s not a tear gas, but I’m just saying we use a pepper ball that shoots a powder.”

The thought there aren't a TON of people who've switched to Trump the last 8 months or so is misguided at best.

The local political group I frequent would indicate otherwise. I'm the only Independent I'm aware of, but we've had quite a few registered Democrats come to our meetings & participate. I brought one in after meeting him at a gun range. 

Candace Owens will no doubt bring in more.

All right. I’m going to make a confession. I’m really an independent and I was strongly leaning toward voting for Trump. But because of recent events I think I’m going to have to vote for Biden instead. Those of you here who are Trump supporters: it’s your fault. You could have had me. 

All right. I’m going to make a confession. I’m really an independent and I was strongly leaning toward voting for Trump. But because of recent events I think I’m going to have to vote for Biden instead. Those of you here who are Trump supporters: it’s your fault. You could have had me. 
Thanks for letting us know

The thought there aren't a TON of people who've switched to Trump the last 8 months or so is misguided at best.

The local political group I frequent would indicate otherwise. I'm the only Independent I'm aware of, but we've had quite a few registered Democrats come to our meetings & participate. I brought one in after meeting him at a gun range. 

Candace Owens will no doubt bring in more.
And the thought that a TON of people have switched to Trump seems delusional as there is no statistical data or polls to support it.

And I still have no idea who Candace Owens is or what she stands for - and I don't intend to watch a YouTube clip to find out, which probably will be the case of most other people who have never heard of her.

Is it me, or is there a growing conservative presence here?

Boy, would that be a welcome change, LOL.

It's sure to get a boost in November, anyway.

Oh ok Tim.  :rolleyes:

And the thought that a TON of people have switched to Trump seems delusional as there is no statistical data or polls to support it.

And I still have no idea who Candace Owens is or she stands for - and I don't intend to watch a YouTube clip to find out, which probably will be the case of most other people who have never heard of her.
It's of no consequence you don't know who she is because you're not going to be swayed.

The first day I heard of Owens, two African-American siblings (guessing they were 14-15 & 17-18 years of age) mentioned they were familiar with her work.

It's of no consequence you don't know who she is because you're not going to be swayed.

The first day I heard of Owens, two African-American siblings (guessing they were 14-15 & 17-18 years of age) mentioned they were familiar with her work.
He doesn’t know who she is because he’s watching MSNBC all the time.

Yeah....I was going to vote for Bid....
Joe Biden was my 1st choi......

I just can't type it.
I'm afraid if I do....my keyboard will burst into flames....

Catturd ™

@catturd2

Why does the

@Rasmussen_Poll

poll of Trump now having over 40% black approval surprise anyone? People are watching the Democrats cheer Antifa, riots, looting, and burning of neighborhoods, churches, and small businesses. Law-abiding citizens of every race have had enough
For all the grief squis gets from this crowd for posting tweets, it's hilarious that your posting tweets from @catturd2

Sebastian Gorka DrG

@SebGorka

It’s happening: The Great American Comeback. 2.5 million jobs added last month; a historic, record-breaking result.
👍
Especially when the "experts" predicted a job loss increase of up to 8 million in May.

Must have been a poll.

This one.

Although she makes many good points in this video, I'm still not a fan of her overall.  She's kind of a nut and a little bit of a conspiracy theorist. 
Yup...it's a good one.
Thanks for posting it!

He shouldn't have died that way but he certainly was no "hero" or "martyr".
Other people here may watch it....until she makes a point with which they disagree.

She doesn't pander to fit the circumstances in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread