What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (14 Viewers)

Please disprove it with facts, show us you aren’t willfully ignoring anything that hurts your talking points? :popcorn:

Otherwise let’s move along and thanks for the great example. 
1. You don’t make a claim and tell others to disprove it and call it “science.” 
2. Your post says “some scientists say” when the linked article shows it is clearly one scientist here with a theory. I’m not going to say that theory is wrong, but there isn’t any proof of his theory given in the article.

When a scientist says “results could be 80-90% higher” we have what is called a hypothesis, which is a theory we then try to prove through a series of tests, with results that can be repeated by other scientists. Seems like it would be easy to prove if there were 90% false positives.

1. You don’t make a claim and tell others to disprove it and call it “science.” 
2. Your post says “some scientists say” when the linked article shows it is clearly one scientist here with a theory. I’m not going to say that theory is wrong, but there isn’t any proof of his theory given in the article.

When a scientist says “results could be 80-90% higher” we have what is called a hypothesis, which is a theory we then try to prove through a series of tests, with results that can be repeated by other scientists. Seems like it would be easy to prove if there were 90% false positives.
So you are downplaying the science since it’s not “All Scinetinsts say”? I didn’t realize the science you speak of clears that bar. You and others are the ones making claims we are at all time highs which if this Science is correct put those claims in serious question....was just curious if any of you could disprove this. I assume the media will try to avoid this Science just like posters in the Corona thread have. That my hypothesis at least. 

So you are downplaying the science since it’s not “All Scinetinsts say”? I didn’t realize the science you speak of clears that bar. You and others are the ones making claims we are at all time highs which if this Science is correct put those claims in serious question....was just curious if any of you could disprove this. I assume the media will try to avoid this Science just like posters in the Corona thread have. That my hypothesis at least. 
I’m not downplaying anything. I’m saying there is no proof in the article other than one scientist’s unproven theory. He hasn’t run tests at different thresholds and found his results to be true; he is speculating. I think it’s reasonable to question his hypothesis. Perhaps he is correct. Perhaps he is partially correct, and there are fewer cases but not the 80-90% he claims, or maybe he’s completely wrong. There isn’t any evidence there, unless I missed it. 

*the part I have a problem with is where he says “if we take the cycling down to 30 it could reduce the number of positive cases by 80-90%.” That is the hypothesis, not a proven conclusion he can draw from his studies. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame the liberal media has been so negative about Trump.  He's done some very good things for minority communities.  It's nice to see that every now and then a commentator who doesn't like Trump can still give credit where credit is due. 

My biggest fear from what I'm seeing is that the media (both MS and Social) has become a Federal propaganda machine for the Democrats.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland

On March 16, 2016, President Barack Obama, a Democrat, nominated Garland to serve as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court to fill the vacancy created by the death of Antonin Scalia. Despite Republicans themselves having spent years suggesting Garland as an acceptable Democratic choice,[1] the Senate Republican majority refused to hold a hearing or vote on this nomination made during the last year of Obama's presidency, with the Republican majority insisting that the next elected president should fill the vacancy. The unprecedented refusal of a Senate majority to consider the nomination was deemed highly controversial. Some Republican lawmakers even suggested leaving the court with just eight seats if Hillary Clinton were to be elected, saying they would block Garland or any other nominee and keep the seat vacant for at least another presidential term.[1] Garland's nomination lasted 293 days and expired on January 3, 2017, at the end of the 114th Congress. The seat Garland was nominated for was eventually filled by Neil Gorsuch, appointed by President Donald Trump.

squistion said:
I wish I had a dollar in my 401k for every time The National Enquirer has gotten the facts wrong in a story. This publication is taken seriously as a legitimate source of news by almost no one.
I agree.  But they got it right that one time.  You can't deny the post story now, it's been verified repeatedly.  You can try,  but it makes you look foolish.  Sometimes a story gets out in a strange way,  but it's true. This is one of those times. 

Biden was already a loser candidate, but this corruption angle is the death blow.  You can thank your lovely DNC overlords, they went with Hillary and Biden after the party clearly wanted to go younger and more progressive with the success of Obama 

I agree.  But they got it right that one time.  You can't deny the post story now, it's been verified repeatedly.  You can try,  but it makes you look foolish.  Sometimes a story gets out in a strange way,  but it's true. This is one of those times. 

Biden was already a lover candidate but this corruption angle is the death blow.  You can thank your lovely DNC overlords, they went with Hillary and Biden after the party clearly wanted to go younger and more progressive with the success of Obama 
There is no indication yet that it has resonated with voters or anyone outside the Fox/Breitbart bubble.

There is no indication yet that it has resonated with voters or anyone outside the Fox/Breitbart bubble.
Do a search on "can I change my vote" on Google or YouTube. 

Regardless,  maybe you haven't noticed but that double digit  Biden lead from a couple weeks ago has vanished.  Not that it was ever real...

Interesting bar graph about job creation by President. Of course, Trump is the worst, but I didn't realize job creation during Carter's term was so high, he's just behind Clinton and Reagan, and ahead of Obama. Johnson was also good for job creation. 

>>In my entire adult voting life, Republican presidents have created a net 0 jobs while Democratic presidents have created 35 million jobs. True story. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexmindt/status/1320341761454198784

The First Daughter is now getting bigger crowds than Biden and Kamala combined.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1321179751571226625?s=21
That doesn't mean a whole lot since Biden/Harris are not interested in campaign rallies that could potentially be super spread events like the one Ivanka is holding. I didn't see much social distancing in the crowd and I doubt most were wearing masks (although that was hard to tell from the clip).

That doesn't mean a whole lot since Biden/Harris are not interested in campaign rallies that could potentially be super spread events like the one Ivanka is holding. I didn't see much social distancing in the crowd and I doubt most were wearing masks (although that was hard to tell from the clip).
Biden/Harris don’t do rallies because nobody would show up. Let’s be honest here squissy.

It really does show who is concerned for the public good and who is running nilly willy scared that they might lose.

You’re golden man. Trump has no chance. He’s done. 
I didn't suggest that, but the truth is, if he loses Florida that is probably the ball game. He can still win without it, but almost all the stars would have to align perfectly in his favor in states he won before and/or battleground states.

Cutting back advertising in this particular state a week before the election is quite puzzling to me. Maybe his internal polls show a decisive Florida victory. Perhaps they think money would be spend better elsewhere (but where and why?).  I would really like to know the reasoning behind this...

Bloomberg?
From the article:

Since Labor Day, Trump has cut $24 million from his national ad budget, while former Vice President Joe Biden has added $197 million. Biden has outspent Trump three-to-one over that time nationally, according to data compiled from ad-tracking firm Advertising Analytics.

The president’s campaign still has $350,275 budgeted to spend on ads in Florida through Election Day, but has canceled $5.5 million in the final two weeks of the campaign, the data showed.

The RNC is picking up some of that slack, buying $4 million in ads beginning last week. It’s now airing an ad in Florida attacking Biden on Medicare, falsely claiming that the Biden health care plan would eliminate private health insurance.

I didn't suggest that, but the truth is, if he loses Florida that is probably the ball game. He can still win without it, but almost all the stars in the would have to align perfectly in his favor in states he won before and/or battleground states.

Cutting back advertising in this particular state a week before the election is quite puzzling to me. Maybe his internal polls show a decisive Florida victory. Perhaps they think money would be spend better elsewhere (but where and why?).  I would really like to know the reasoning behind this...
There’s no way to know for sure but historically they have been data driven. Given how important Florida is, and the energy he continues to pour into the campaign in these closing days, I’d guess he’s feeling confident. 

"We will vanquish the vaccine" says slurring candidate running on a platform of the other guy is declining. 
He speaks like a young sleepy child. 

This is about a perfect metaphor. Use em and leave em hanging. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/28/trump-omaha-supporters-stuck-cold/

By the time President Trump finished speaking to thousands of supporters at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield on Tuesday night and jetted away on Air Force One, the temperature had plunged to nearly freezing.

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear that something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn’t navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the cold, as police scrambled to help those most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/28/trump-omaha-supporters-stuck-cold/

By the time President Trump finished speaking to thousands of supporters at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield on Tuesday night and jetted away on Air Force One, the temperature had plunged to nearly freezing.

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear that something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn’t navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the cold, as police scrambled to help those most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.
Logistics can be challenging in such events. I'm surprised that buses were used to transport so many people in the middle of a pandemic on a cold night. How many were wearing masks, and social distancing during the bus ride? Sadly, there could be more Herman Cains in a month or two. 

Trump's cash-poor campaign has all but pulled its advertising out of Florida.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-27/trump-pulls-florida-ads-as-cash-poor-campaign-enters-final-week?sref=xulwL4KH

Somehow, I don't think this is a good sign...with Florida being so crucial I would think they would be pulling out all the stops and actually increase spending to help win there.
He's so confident.......I think he's going to give the money back to the people who sent it.

If you didn't believe the data from a couple of weeks ago, what makes you believe it's true now?
i never believed it the whole time.   I've been saying Trump would win in a landslide since the riots broke out in June.  Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind.

Now if Biden and all the Democrat run cities clamped down on the violence, and Biden had run a serious campaign (even with his obvious mental decline) then I would have not been confident at all.   But they didn't and Bidens campaign has actually gotten worse.   At the end of the day, people vote for their wallet and their safety.   Trump wins by quite a bit on both of those issues.

The guy can't organize a rally but we're supposed to give him 4 more years?

Users who are viewing this thread