What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Games Thread - Observations and commentary from the FBG Shark Pool (1 Viewer)

I agree the Jags offense with Blake Bortles sucks. 
That is fair, I just don't think Nick Foles is going to be significantly better. I know what he did in Philly but I have also seen him pretty much flushed out of the league. I am hesitant to think he can take this offense and do something with it. 

That is fair, I just don't think Nick Foles is going to be significantly better. I know what he did in Philly but I have also seen him pretty much flushed out of the league. I am hesitant to think he can take this offense and do something with it. 
I'm with you on that but it's more about how bad Blake Bortles was. Foles only has to be league average for this offense to take a significant step forward imo. 

Nice drive but they are playing the Dolphins. Not getting super excited yet. Fournette sneaking out on a play or two for screens that didn't happen was nice to see. 

I hate those call. The DB has perfect coverage, the QB underthrows the WR who then slows up forcing the DB and him to collide. That should just be a no call situation. 
If I'm an OC, I put that in the playbook on purpose.  "Hey WR1, run a go route, and stack the DB so he hugs you" "Hey QB, throw the go route, except throw it at the DB's back".  Easy DPI in the 4th quarter.  

That was still the Dolphins o-line with FItzy out there right?
Yep.   He is in the backfield all night. The dude is the real deal.  Even when Miami double teams him,  he gets in backfield.   I’m hesitant to make this comparison but it’s l Taylor like. 

If I'm an OC, I put that in the playbook on purpose.  "Hey WR1, run a go route, and stack the DB so he hugs you" "Hey QB, throw the go route, except throw it at the DB's back".  Easy DPI in the 4th quarter.  
Oh for sure, another reason it is a garbage way to call PI. 

Nice drive but they are playing the Dolphins. Not getting super excited yet. Fournette sneaking out on a play or two for screens that didn't happen was nice to see. 

But he has to

A) Catch them

B) Make somebody miss

He does neither well
I thought Fournette looked good catching the ball in week 3 of the preseason last year. Unfortunately he was hurt from game one and that was that for most of the year. 

Yeah making people miss doesn't seem to be his forte.

So what was the hold up last week?  I just watched that game and he seemed to be "nowhere" for the most part when starting against the Eagles. 

I haven't seen tonights game, I will in a day or two, but I can see the talent/team difference.  And the Dolphins were without Laremy Tunsil tonight and so it was perhaps the worst OT situation in the NFL.
So he played in the best college conference and a lower tier team yielding constant double teams yet yielding good results.  Could be wrong but he is the real deal..  

Jacobi Meyers with 7 for 74 tonight although I did see him drop one early and pulled up too short on another route.

Gonna be interesting to see if there's any behind the scenes chaos on Hard Knocks regarding the field situation

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

Gostkowski misses a FG for the third time in three games. Hold did not look good. Bailey had the strings pointed to kicker, not the uprights.

Dov Kleiman @NFL_DovKleiman

#Redskins TE Jordan Reed is being evaluated for a concussion he is out for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread