Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cosjobs

ATT is the worst

Recommended Posts

My 94 year old WW11 vet father had overdrawn his account almost $300.

When I looked into it, the had more than doubled his basic cable subscription from $70 to $160. He was on autopay so it went unnoticed a few months. I am livid. 

Seriously, how the hell can they justify $160/mo for basic cable?

#ATTHatesVets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was he on a 12 month promo rate that expired or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted several times in the various threads that these monopoly cable company pigs prey on the elderly that can't keep up with technology. That alone is reason enough to cut the cable. 

#cutthecablenow

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Was he on a 12 month promo rate that expired or something?

Probably. He's 94 and Alzheimered and demented.  No telling what they talked him in to.

And $160 a month for basic cable? no internet or phone. the basic 300 package. Worth about $40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Posted several times in the various threads that these monopoly cable company pigs prey on the elderly that can't keep up with technology. That alone is reason enough to cut the cable. 

#cutthecablenow

yes. now I get the joy of trying to teach him the Roku paradigm. ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the same people that still charge folks $10 a month to rent a phone from them. Plenty of older folks are still doing this and have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gb call them and let them know he is a vet and what happened, ATT is very military friendly. Don’t stop until you reach someone who refunds it all back. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Hi gb call them and let them know he is a vet and what happened, ATT is very military friendly. Don’t stop until you reach someone who refunds it all back. 

Thanks gbcg, I'll do that. I was laying it on pretty thick to the retention guy they passed me to. Told him if it wasn't for my dad he'd probably be speaking German right now. I just need to find the right audience, I suppose. I'll keep plugging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

My 94 year old WW11 vet father had overdrawn his account almost $300.

When I looked into it, the had more than doubled his basic cable subscription from $70 to $160. He was on autopay so it went unnoticed a few months. I am livid. 

Seriously, how the hell can they justify $160/mo for basic cable?

#ATTHatesVets

autopay is the grease that that allows the devil to live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Thanks gbcg, I'll do that. I was laying it on pretty thick to the retention guy they passed me to. Told him if it wasn't for my dad he'd probably be speaking German right now. I just need to find the right audience, I suppose. I'll keep plugging.

Mention SRCA and tell them they can’t do it to vets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep me updated, as an active duty guy and your gb I’ll make sure this is taken care of properly. I have never cashed in a favor but I have them to cash in and I will for you Damon

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cosjobs said:

My 94 year old WW11 vet father had overdrawn his account almost $300.

When I looked into it, the had more than doubled his basic cable subscription from $70 to $160. He was on autopay so it went unnoticed a few months. I am livid. 

Seriously, how the hell can they justify $160/mo for basic cable?

#ATTHatesVets

I feel like I may have to start reading more books.  I really focused a lot of energy on learning about the second World War and didn't even realize we had 9 more after that.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Thanks gbcg, I'll do that. I was laying it on pretty thick to the retention guy they passed me to. Told him if it wasn't for my dad he'd probably be speaking German right now. I just need to find the right audience, I suppose. I'll keep plugging.

Maybe try not being a #### to the guy that has the ability to credit your dad's account? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Mention SRCA and tell them they can’t do it to vets

What's SRCA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

What's SRCA?

Sorry I meant SCRA, it’s a protection to active duty members but some companies will honor it to veterans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.